THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 May 2024, 22:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 767825 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Tadeusz Kosciuszko

Americans won't recognize the name, but they should. Dude was a Polish badass who came to America during the War of Independence, read the Declaration of Independence and said "Man, the dude who wrote this is a certifiable excellent motherfucker." and went to meet Jefferson. Jefferson was like "Oh shit, brah. You are fuckin' rad." and gave him a command. Dude went on to majorly fuck up the British's shit engineering style because he was mad brainy. After that, he got land and money in America, which he used to free some black slaves because he understood liberty way better than actual American dudes. Then he went back to Poland and did some stuff with Poland that's not as important because it was in Europe.

At any rate, fast forward 60 years of so and Polish dudes are exploring Australia. Dude named Count Strzelecki sucks some aboriginal blood and sees a mountain, a fine phallus thrusting up to the sky and he names it Kosciuszko. Turns out, fucker was the biggest mountain on the continent.

And that's why Australia has an American (and Polish, I guess, geez) war hero's name permanently drawn on their maps. A constant reminder that some colonies are way more badass because they didn't take shit from kings or queens. What's up, Australia? Fuck your koalas. Fuck them up their weird-ass two-thumbed assholes.

I will fight you, Australia. I will fight you and piss on your fucking reef.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Jordan, I can't deny the awesomeness of your story and I totally have to respect that guy now but seriously, you wanna piss on the world's biggest fucking reef. Come on now that is a little unreasonable, how would you like it if I told you to go fuck your fucking self fuckin' rightous and fucked up republic fuck-dom with it's great ass fucking belt of motha fuckin lie-books?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh dear, the colonials are getting uppity.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Deare Blogge Threadde,

I am current working on an outline for a text involving time travel and warring between factions of baroque (religious zealots, moralists) and renaissance (scientists, utilitarians). Spouts of neoclassism and romaticism will also be included. I haven't got any details yet but I am thinking probably a machinery (Steam-propelled helicopters and such) versus some sort of magic, divine assistance or religious technology (church organ artillery guns etc).

Is the idea a bit too silly? I don't know.

edit: (Kristin, in case you are really terrible at reading between the lines, this means I will borrow all your exphil books)

I was going to do something similar for my Ext. 2 English Major Work but decided it was too weird for me. So, instead, I'm going for a hard-boiled/noir narrative that descends into an exploration of the nature of the originality of an idea and the collective subconscious (and a whole lot of Jung's other ideas). The basic plot starts like The Wicker Man (the original British film) and reaches an anti-climax about a third into the story. His discovery of missing girl in a fugue state and some of things she says whilst in this state make him think that her kidnapping was really just some part of a larger conspiracy. There will be references to post-modernist and post-structuralist literary theory.

Is this idea silly too?

That said, Jens you're idea is awesome and if it were to work and I were able to read Norwegian, it would make me happy.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

This is strong boarding.

It's boarding on a coral reef when the tide is out.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I've seen a few episodes and it's pretty damn good. I just need to find someone who has the dvds so I can borrow them.

watchdoctorwho.com

Seasons 1-4 of the current series.
You apparently have to watch seasons 1 and 2, then watch seasons 1 and 2 of Torchwood (at watchtorchwood.com) Then seasons 3 and 4 of the Doctor.

Also, anna, a boyfriend shouldn't make you his personal therapist. Then he's just a crappy boyfriend, but he should be able to come to you with problems sometimes. Keyword being sometimes. And you should also be able to go to him with problems without him making it all about himself. I actually had a girlfriend that got mad whenever I mentioned any problems I had, even if I didn't want to talk about them. And she said I made it all about me when I tried to relate to her problems with my own personal experiences. (Sort of like I did there, where you had something you said, and I related to it with my own experience, I'm not making it about me, I'm just giving an example of how I understand.)

Also Brag Thread,
I woke up at 2am and took a bath, its nice.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!

ATTN: Blog thread.
SUBJECT: How everything is going for me.

Great. Really. I have the one job offer I wanted from the one job I applied for and I get to start precisely on the date I wanted (April 1st, 2009) and they give me a little something something to sign and I can use that to travel between now and that time.
For this purpose I am buying (or, as of right now, planning to buy) a metric shit-ton of swag, including
- a global data tariff SIM card for a Blackberry I won at a raffle some weeks ago
- a new trekking backpack
- a new longboard which fits into the new backpack
- new camera, possibly a SLR this time

While I keep dancing around in my room / the forest / any place at all, really, shit is a-brewing on other fronts.
My girlfriend proposed having an open relationship for the time we will be apart to make it easier to get back together afterwards. I have my doubts about it but can't really spring any deep questions because she has an important exam tomorrow. So I have postponed the talk until later tomorrow.
Longboard girl (a girl I met about a week ago which most amazingly shares about 85% of my interests) and me went longboarding yesterday afternoon and she bailed very harshly, busted open her knee, gots to get it x-rayed etc.
We watched The Dark Knight afterwards (Srsly, will I ever tire from that movie? I think not.) and cuddled and it's half awesome and half weird because not only do I have a girlfriend who I never get to see and who I'm betraying with this kind of behavior - she has a boyfriend with the same predicament.
Dammit, I'm trying to be friends, stop being so hot and all over me!

Life, for the lack of a better word, is good. But weird also.

I think I have reached a point where I get to redefine my entire life. Friends, place where I live, ...
Unfortunately this plays out in a good and a bad way. There are close to no ties between my former life from high school and university and now. Everybody else has a job and moved somewhere else. I'm half a year late to the party.

Aside from that, though, life really is good.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Jefferson was like "Oh shit, brah. You are fuckin' rad."

I fucking KNEW IT. Jefferson WAS a dudebro.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

watch seasons 1 and 2 of Torchwood (at watchtorchwood.com)

No! Torchwood is a bad show! Do not watch it! The characters may show up in the future but that's OK, it's not like you were going to watch Sarah Jane, right?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Moving on from badass Polish dudes who make Australia look silly.

We go to badass, sexy as hell Bhutanese dudes.

Namely this man:

Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck(heh), the Dragon King of Bhutan. An Oxford graduate and sexiest fucking king in the history of the world.

I think I have a total dudecrush on him now. I'd like to polish his royal scepter.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Thaes

• Furry furrier

I concur, Ozymandias. The Dragon King is hella hot (and badass, but that goes without saying for someone with a title like that).

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I'd hit it.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Bloggtråd,

Today has been a good day! I got up at 8AM, to go to a 9 o'clock lecture I hadn't been to since August. Didn't really get anything out of it, because the professor still cannot speak proper English, but insists on trying. But at least I went, instead of sleeping. Then I took part in an experiment that will help us earn money for the Tokyo trip, and went to another class, with the best professor I've had in two years. I even decided that I will take another class he is teaching next semester, because it seems interesting and he makes it fun. I've been pondering this for about 5 months now, so deciding feels good. I actually got some reading done as well, before attending previously mentioned study technique/exam tips class. It basically only made me feel even less adequate, but I have decided that the only way to change that, is to actually do something about it, and I will try my best. I actually spent 10 hours at school in one day, which is about 8 hours more than I spent at school all of last week combined.

I even made plans with a friend, to meet up twice this week! That almost resembles a social life.

It is time for Dexter, Entourage, dinner and two more chapters of operating systems.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Now May that is just not true.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened

She doesn't hit ladies, so it isn't true. Revise!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Guys this is getting out of hand. Really. I have already said that I do not do non-humans. I am not into women or smokers or really tall guys.

There are few dudes on this forum that I would actually do.
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened

Can you introduce me to the really tall guys?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I can probably do that, yeah. Bryan is like, 6'1" Linds. That is too tall for me.
Liz is touching me.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I'd hit anything with a stiff extremity.

So I got another offer from a university! This time it was Birmingham, which is great because that is where I want to go if I don't get into Cambridge. I'm not longer as worried about it :-) And my mum and her partner got back home so I can stop worrying about the cat. This morning I came downstairs to find she was hiding behind the stove. When I finally got her out, she urinated all over my bed.

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

Still sick. I have a serious bacterial infection and a chest cold. I will be going to the doctor tomorrow. Also, I have applied at subway, hopefully I can quit at Wal-mart. Also, rain. Yay!
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Liz is touching me.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I hope that puppy's leg gets better soon; dogs with bad legs are a sad thing.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Dear Blog Thread,

I am having the most delightful day.

I woke up in a decent mood to my cell phone; The Chef was calling to tease me about still being in bed while he drives to work, and to tell me to get my ass out of bed.

I missed my kitty a little when I woke up since she wasn't sitting there on my bed sticking her stinky ass in my face (I gave her away yesterday to some folks with more time to hang out with her), but I have to admit it was nice to have an ass-free face, and also not to trip over her when I did finally get up.

I had some breakfast and drove to work, where I discovered that I was in an Uncommonly Cheerful mood. I don't know why, but it has been really nice to be so Happy all day.

I spent $3600 on videos in about 45 minutes this morning, and made arrangements to spend another chunk on video games tomorrow.

At lunchtime I drove over to the apartment management people I hope to rent from, to pay my application fees and to give them copies of my recent paycheck stubs. They were very friendly, and assured me that as long as I have good credit and no criminal record, I will almost certainly be approved, probably tomorrow. They also assured me that I can have an upper apartment instead of ground floor or middle (I hate hearing people walk around over my head). I also ate at Chik-Fil-A which I've eaten at before but it was gross, but Jon always talks about how delicious it is so I thought I'd give it another try. It was pretty tasty today.

Gabbly worked all day. May and Oli have BOTH booked their tickets now for next summer. I'll pick them up in Detroit and we'll go to ChicagoCon and probably to Cedar Point as well, which will be all kinds of exciting and fun, and also, we'll go to all kinds of Really American Places like Wal*Mart and Panera Bread and PetSmart. And hopefully, May won't do anything creepy like have a baby in my walk-in closet and leave it there.

Now I'm still at work, being Very Productive.

This evening I will eat some leftovers I made for supper last night. Then I will go to knitting and work on my Central Park Hoodie and see my knitting friends.

Hopefully I'll be Uncommonly Cheerful and Happy tomorrow, too.

Love,
Edith
Ho, ho, ho!

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

we'll go to all kinds of Really American Places like Wal*Mart and Panera Bread and PetSmart.

Cracker Barrell

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

i got an A on an absolutely awful exam i had to read and memorize 42 articles + two months of lecture notes for! i complained about it earlier in this thread. my original mark was a B- but luckily the average was shitty enough that the professor bellcurved it and i did better enough than everyone else to end up on the good end. another exam also went somehow from a B to an A+ when i ended up being one of the only people to stay late and do the extremely valuable bonus essay question, and also everyone else completely failed the multiple choice component, which led the professor to raise the average by something like 10% because it was the only way he could get it to someplace decent.
is it horrid of me to kind of hope that everyone in my classes keeps doing really shitty because it ends up helping me out a lot?
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Tania, I love your avatar. I should really watch that show again.

So my best friend is definitely transferring down to Denver at the end of the semester. She'll only be an hour away, but she's going to be in medical school, so she might as well be 6 or 7 hours away. We'll only see each other on very special occasions.

I guess this will be the test of whether or not self-reliance is one of the many gifts she's given me over the last year and a half.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

nobo

Dear blog thread,

I had a shitty workout today, going to have to kick up a notch tomorrow.

Who's with me?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

allison

• i really want a mustache

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrlog
My furnace is broken, and so far it is the coldest day of the year. Right now it is 15oC in my house. That is 60o for people who live life in fahrenheit.

Anyone want to donate some blankets?
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Sixty degrees? Seriously? You're complaining about sixty degrees? That is T-Shirt weather.

It's forty-two degrees right here and that's perfectly tolerable.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce

Blogius threadius

Today I officially broke up with my girlfriend, during which all I could think of was, "Man, I am going to make a post about this in the blog thread". I am neither sad nor happy this has happened but oh well.

Today's my day off work, all I've done so far is listen to the audio book of Cormac McCarthy's The Road and try to read Naruto manga at the same time.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrlog
My furnace is broken, and so far it is the coldest day of the year. Right now it is 15oC in my house. That is 60o for people who live life in fahrenheit.

Anyone want to donate some blankets?

I finally turned my furnaces on today. There are four of them. Two are set at 50oF, one at 47o, and the one that fuels my apartment at a balmy 58o. I was afraid the pipes would freeze, which is the only reason I turned them on.

I am glad I bought a down comforter a month ago though.

Oh, and Taylor, we might not go to Cracker Barrel to eat; May's vegetarian and I'm pretty sure even the veggies are cooked in bacon there.
Ho, ho, ho!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

"Vegetarian" at Cracker Barrel means "Isn't 50%+ meat by volume"
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate

Pfft. 60ºF? In my room it is anywhere from 30ºF(close to 0ºC), to 40ºF(4ºC). And it is predicted to be around 80-90º later this week. Wewt southern california!
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Denny's then, Edith?

Also, the purpose of these places is not for fine cuisine, but rather, gawking at the locals.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Yeah, Cracker Barrel is definitely better for gawking. I guess she can drink the coffee there. Or water, or something.
Ho, ho, ho!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

The water is made with beef.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

The beef is made with some kind of fuckin' hyperbeef

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza

Well my Chinese exam is tomorrow and I really haven't done enough revision and I doubt I'll be able to bullshit my way through this one like I have with my previous two exams.

I hate myself.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

ruyi

• Beyoncé

The people in the apartment to the right of me are playing shitty club music at 1:30am. That's not exactly shocking on a college campus, but there aren't supposed to be parties in this apartment building.

Yesterday while at work I accidentally caused a metal fan to fall on my head so I have a headache. I am fairly sure I don't have a concussion or anything serious, but it still kinda sucks and makes it hard to focus on homework.

Adisa Banjoko spoke at my Muslims in America class today and played a track by Poor Righteous Teachers for us.

Been making my résumé (man I have really been putting this off, I even made my mom's résumé and my own still isn't done). Looking at what kind of jobs I can get when I graduate next year. Exciting stuff. I might even be financially independent by then! I know there are some people on these forums who became independent at my age but it still feels like it would be a big deal for me.

I hope I'll still be able to live here but things haven't been decided yet. It's just been so inconvenient not having my driver's license. I mean I can get along fine in the bay area but it limits my options. I wanted to either travel or volunteer this summer but I might just have to go back home to learn in suburbia.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

HAVE NOT SLEPT IN 56 HOURS

PAPERS, PAPERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to write, then PAPERSANDBOOKS, TO READ.

Getting delirious.

GGGGUUUHHHH
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Blagge Threed, I'm in a bad way.

My sister had a seizure yesterday and she's in the hospital. She has no history of seizures so they don't have a clue what's up. It's really horrible, especially since she has 4 kids.

What's worse, though, is that I have to leave the state tomorrow. I can try to cancel, but I'm a volunteer and I've already been hella scheduled for the next two weeks. So if something happens, I'm not even capable of coming back.

I don't know what to do.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

That's terrible news.  How is she doing in the hospital?  How is her family holding up?  Are you close with them?

Are you out of state for the next two weeks?  I'm sure if there were a family emergency, the program you're with (whatever it is) would be really understanding, especially if they're a volunteer program. 

If you think you should try to cancel, do so.  It's ultimately your decision.

My well wishes.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Dear blog thread,

Today, I finally got tired of not knowing what the hell you people were talking about all the time and googled cracker barrel. I was not impressed.

Also, I bought orange soda.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2008, 09:35 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Are you out of state for the next two weeks?  I'm sure if there were a family emergency, the program you're with (whatever it is) would be really understanding, especially if they're a volunteer program. 

This. If your sister gets worse and this program doesn't let you leave early to be with her, they're a bunch of bitches and not worth your time.
Liz is touching me.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Ozy, I also throw in my best wishes :( Inexplicable illness is in a lot of ways more worrying than explained ones but take comfort from the fact that there are all kinds of non-dangerous reasons that people might have seizures. I have a friend who passed out six or seven times a day for an entire year, and then recovered totally. Sometimes hormones and stuff do silly things.

I had a fairly ok day, although I think my friends might want to murder me for going on and on and on about going to America. Edith, if a host of English people appear on your doorstep in the next eight months and attempt to kill you, I take full responsibility and am very sorry in advance.

I did wear my white poppy in the end, and although I hear someone say something like "was she wearing a white poppy?" as I walked past, no one confronted me or got too upset. So I'm glad! Silly friends and their scary stories of how militaristic the area is; no one was offended at all! I shall ignore her scare-mongering in the future.

On Thursday we get the day off from college so I had planned to do lots of work and generally get back on track for university but instead I am going to see High School Musical 3 with a bunch of friends. I haven't been out with any of my friends for about six months so this is exciting! Guys, I can has a social life? I'll catch up with work tomorrow when I only have two hours of lessons, and next Friday when we have the day off again. Hurrah for local secondary schools who are too large to send the entire year to look round in one go and therefore require two taster days.

Hmm. I should do some work tonight. I will do some work tonight. I will sit down and plough through the German I've been putting off for weeks and then, only then, will I gabble excitedly about Chicago and Edith's closet and bacon water and all manner of things.

Also: Dingerdilly!

tania

• famed sex columnist

i had a friend back in markham too who inexplicably had a bunch of seizures, and then a cat scan revealed he was in perfect health and he never had them again.
not that i'm trying to minimize your stress at all, it is a very very shitty situation and you're justified in being worried. it might help though to know that, like may said, there are also a lot of cases in which people have completely random seizures without warning and the fact that they don't have any history of having seizures or epilepsy or anything like this actually makes it more likely they'll recover perfectly and never have problems with that kind of thing again. keep a positive attitude jordan, you are rad.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 82   Go Up