THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 03 Jun 2024, 14:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scarlett  (Read 16143 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Scarlett
« Reply #50 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:07 »

Oh hey, internet argument.

Awesome.

In Emaline's defense though, especially since that red dress SJ wore some place a while back she does seem to be Titsy McJuggsalot.

Plasticity

« Reply #51 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:08 »

You dislike seeing women as sex objects but are referring to her as having engorged tits?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #52 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:22 »

You dislike seeing women as sex objects but are referring to her as having engorged tits?

Because, typically in conversations you state an opinion about something, and then explain it further. I dislike her because I dislike seeing women treated as sex objects, like Scarlett Johansson does with her boobs. Make sense?

Or by repeatedly making reference to her physical appearance, only to decry such behaviour in others on the very next page.

Whatever, the point is made.

What point is made? That you can put a spin on whatever you want? Point out where I said "all women in media are dumb". Point out where I directly accused you of treating her like a sex object.

Also,

yellow dress.
Is it impossible for her to have a picture that is supposed to feature her face without her chest popping up into it?
Yes. Boobs are not what makes the girl.

Anyway, I'm out. I have to work in the morning. Save your attacks for when I am back online.

« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2008, 23:24 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #53 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:32 »

Maybe my problem with Scarlett Johansson is that I'm a feminist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #54 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:34 »

Hey, Tommy, do you ever talk to people outside of this board? Or maybe read magazines? I do. And by golly, I most certainly have never seen anyone there treat her like a sex obeject.

Nope. Never at all.

ETA:
But that's it. I am done with this argument. It is ridiculous. You are obviously never going to see my view, and I will never see yours. Here, I'll end it with this, and maybe that will cool your jets a little: I admit that my dislike for ScarJo is me projecting my distaste for how women in Hollywood are often treated. I admit that it is unfair to blame her. But she doesn't do much to help the image of women. Nor do the likes of Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, The Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears, and numerous other women. And it's not just women who do this. Men do it to. But double standards and all that.

There. That is my attempt to end this at least vaguely civilly.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2008, 23:40 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #55 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:40 »

No one treats me as a sex object, D:
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #56 on: 21 Jul 2008, 23:55 »

Oh please

Ali I totally treat you like a sex object all the time

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #57 on: 22 Jul 2008, 00:02 »

We're supposed to explain why we lock threads and this is it. This thread wasn't going anywhere from the start except to jerk off everyone who felt proud of themselves for not being attracted to a celebrity and then turned into two people having it off at each other for the last page. I significantly doubt it was going to go anywhere good and frankly it had nothing but massive potential to go way, way worse.

It's been suggested to me that it's better to try and "undo" this. There's nothing to undo here in this thread since it was pretty fucked from about the third post forward. If you want to avoid threads going this way in the future, here are some thoughts.

1) Quote from other sources.
2) Post relevant links to related topics.
3) If you feel the need to Internet Argue with one another, please take it to a PM.

Thanks kids. Better luck next thread. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #58 on: 22 Jul 2008, 00:30 »

This thread needs some extra-special soul lovin'. Here's Solomon Burke performing "Soul Train" - with bonus Wire! The final montage from Season 3, in fact. Umm, spoilers, I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCe-EEevwe0

What, you were expecting Aretha Franklin? Too obvious, guys, too obvious.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up