THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 02 Jun 2024, 13:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Muzik Classifidez  (Read 2504 times)

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
Muzik Classifidez
« on: 24 Jul 2009, 12:58 »

...a music classifieds thread? I mean, I can see how something like that might get out of hand and be irritating but it's also something easily avoided if one so chooses. I do have records I'm selling and I'd rather sell stuff to someone I'm at least somewhat familiar with than some stranger (not to mention it's nice to avoid ebay's ludicrous listing/closing fees (almost 10%?!?)). People could list all things music related (instruments, albums, memorabilia) and a price or ask for offers via PM or what have you. Could potentially be a win-win considering people might find all sorts of things they've been looking for. Would this fly or is such a thread a lockable one?
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009, 14:19 by TheFuriousWombat »
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Why don't we have...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2009, 13:38 »

I actually love this idea. It's a really great idea. You deserve a pat on the back, sir. Let's begin posting ASAP. I have a wishlist! I could go crazy with it, but I'm keeping it realistic in terms of what I could conceivably afford. I'll be clearing out this weekend and might have things to sell or trade by Monday. I've been giving away my old CD collection up until this point, this might be a nice way to clear out what is left of it too.

Wanted:
XLR into Jack cable
Portable over-ear headphones

Slightly more ambitious:

Some kind of recording interface
Record player
Assorted budget microphones

I am always on the look out for cheap instruments, namely stringed ones that have necks.

Since shipping is so high, I can only afford to deal with people in the UK. The closer to Yorkshire the better.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009, 14:41 by Sox »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: Why don't we have...
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2009, 13:42 »

someone sell me some fucking dope detroit techno
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
Re: Muzik Classifidez
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2009, 14:21 »

I have some records to sell. I'll consider any offer, just PM me, and I don't expect much for most of them. Just some things I don't really want. Unless mentioned, these are all in excellent condition and come with original packaging and so on. Everything's on vinyl as well.

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone/Concern collaboration - 8" square marbled brown vinyl (#/500)
Modest Mouse - Perpetual Motion Machine 7" (red/black splatter vinyl, #630/4000)
Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
Beirut - Flying Cup Club
Broken Social Scene -S/T (2xLP)
Clues - S/T
Fridge - Happiness (colored vinyl, #/1000)
Fridge - The Sun (colored vinyl, #/1000)
The One AM Radio/The Wind Up Bird split - Night Falls (colored vinyl)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2xLP)
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2xLP)
Damsel - Distressed
Harold Budd - Pavilion of Dreams (sleeve somewhat worn)
Efterklang - Parades (2xLP)
Genghis Tron Remixes Volume 1 feat. Rob Crow, Steve Moore, Justin Broderick, and Eluvium
Shearwater - Rook (2xLP)
The Mountain Goats/John Vanderslice split - Moon Colony Bloodbath (super rare, this 'un!, #/800 on black vinyl)
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009, 22:12 by TheFuriousWombat »
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2009, 14:39 »

Let me know if anyone has any metal CDs from the 70s, 80s, or early 90s please, I would be willing to buy them from you over Amazon or possibly Ebay. I'm also in the market for 20th Century Classical music.

Also I would like to know if you have...

any drum equipment such as pedals, hi-hat stands, cymbals, or anything else you can think of.
A Pair of closed design headphones
Portable headphone amplifier

I haven't really got a big enough collection of CDs to want to sell any, unless you're in the market for Classic rock such as Led Zeppelin or The Who.

If so, I have a box set Led Zeppelin compilation with book, it's been "well used", but all of the CDs play perfectly still. I'd be willing to part with it for about 30 dollars or so, as it is a first edition set, and they are very nice masters done in the early 90s with no loudness war crap tainting them such as the recent Mothership compilation.

I also have a Led Zeppelin DVD (that's what it's called), and a copy of the concert film The Song Remains The Same that I would part with for less than the retail price.

P.S. we should do something similar in the books/movies section of the forum.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2009, 17:51 »

I wanted this to be about Craigslist MUSICIAN WANTED ads so badly.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

suitupletsgo

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2009, 07:37 »

I've been looking for a euphonium or a baritone horn in good condition if anyone knows something.. haha.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2009, 08:35 »

I want a vinyl copy of the "This is Boston, Not LA" comp. And a Little Big Muff.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1]   Go Up