THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 05 Jun 2024, 11:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange things you probably did not know about me  (Read 39859 times)

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Re: Strange things you probably did not know about me
« Reply #100 on: 21 Jan 2009, 22:49 »

-My grandfather (on my dad's side) was rescued from a Nazi camp by an African American soldier during the second World War. As the story goes, when this happened, he had thought he had died and was seeing the devil, never seeing a black person before in his life. True story.

-I have a compulsion which forces me to crack my knuckles whenever I hear/see/read/think about the term "crack you/my knuckles" or see or hear someone the aforementioned action. I have not once in my life been able to get away with not following someone's knuckle cracking, no matter how hard I have tried.
I like the way you work it.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #101 on: 22 Jan 2009, 01:34 »

I admire a dude who thinks that when he dies he is going to Hell.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #102 on: 22 Jan 2009, 02:05 »

I met all of my girlfriends in the scouts. All. God damn.

One of my best bonding moments with my dad was when he taught me to play Age Of Empires.

I have played in a Shakespeare play.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #103 on: 22 Jan 2009, 05:53 »

Man coming from the Bay Area, where we have Oakland, and then living in Georgia where the black to white ratio is roughly 50/50, I cannot imagine what it would be like to meet somebody who didn't look like me.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #104 on: 22 Jan 2009, 10:35 »

-I have a compulsion which forces me to crack my knuckles whenever I hear/see/read/think about the term "crack you/my knuckles" or see or hear someone the aforementioned action. I have not once in my life been able to get away with not following someone's knuckle cracking, no matter how hard I have tried.

man i have this exact same compulsion, except it applies to my neck, back, and toes as well (basically, anything that can get cracked, does). i think this means we cannot be friends because we would just stand around cracking our knuckles all day long. bummer.

tell me, do you also have to crack your knuckles whenever you wash your hands?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #105 on: 22 Jan 2009, 11:07 »

Anyway, I did not talk until I was three years old. And then when I finally did talk, I said "I want a soda."
proudest moment

Oh yeah?
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".
Suck it.

GreyGabe

• Plantmonster
  • Probably not dead.
« Reply #106 on: 22 Jan 2009, 11:08 »

Mirrors fill me with a powerful feeling of dread. Even if my back is turned to it. I have no idea why this is.
I also have a similar problem with windows, but it isn't as bad, and only at night. I defeat this by sleeping in a room with no windows at all.

mietteissass

« Reply #107 on: 22 Jan 2009, 12:19 »

I suffer from a form of psychosis brought on by a fit of dementia when I was 13. I was in a mental institute for my 13th birthday and have to deal with everyday. I take pills to help me and have done very well but when I tell people this, they assume I am very crazy and might go all psycho on them. I think if they knew how many people suffer from the same problem, they would be shocked.

On a lighter note, when I was little I could dislocate all my limbs and be a rag doll. I had a babysitter I hated once so I pretended to throw myself down the steps, dislocated everything and she thought I was dead.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #108 on: 22 Jan 2009, 12:58 »

I have absurdly long toes, I've picked up food with them before. (it was a bet and i threw the food in question away)
I can also dislocate a toe in my foot
My brother has autism.
I have a niece.( I am 15)
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #109 on: 22 Jan 2009, 13:11 »

How much older is your sibling with a child?

My aunt became an aunt when she was 11 and my cousin became an uncle when he was like 7 years old. His sibling who is closest in age is like 15 years older than him.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #110 on: 22 Jan 2009, 13:50 »

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of dancing anywhere near people. I start having panic attacks if people ask me to dance. A girl at a bar one time kept asking me to dance, I kept telling her, "No, I do not dance," and she started to drag me out to the floor. I started freaking out and I ran away from her and grabbed my beer and hid in a shadowy corner for the next hour, receiving worried text messages from the friends I went with, whimpering like a hungry infant.

Late to the party here, but I'm the exact same way dude. In fact several scenarios very similar to that have happened to me. I think this is one of the reasons I do not have a girlfriend.

When I was 2 years old I was running through the church my family went to and ran into the corner of a very sharp table, ending up with me getting 14 stitches over my left eye. I am an atheist now, and I'm not sure if its partly because of this. Related to that, when I was in 4th grade I told another student at my elementary school that I was an atheist, which ended in half of the kids there ostracizing me for the rest of the year, a call to the principle's office (very religious town, public school), and several student's parents sending me bibles via their annoyed kids.

Also, along with several other people here, I was a very late talker. Apparently I didn't actually talk until I was 3 and a half, up until that point I just pointed and grunted. Then when I did talk it was apparently in full sentences, with perfect diction and an excellent vocabulary. My family says that I liked to say really long words. Also from my own observation of family home videos when I was a kid I had an absurdly high speaking voice. It was squeaky in fact. Which is weird because I was quite the little butterball turkey.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ackblom12

« Reply #111 on: 22 Jan 2009, 14:00 »

I count. An old nervous habit I've never seen a reason to break. I know for a fact this isn't necessarily a uncommon thing but it tends to amuse friends when I know exactly how many steps a building has because I either have been there before and counted on the way up or I can give a good estimate of how many tiles are in the ceiling of a restaurant because I did the math wile waiting to be seated. Hell, I know we have 14 steps in our stair well, 15 if you count the step down from the foorway to the porch and 19 if you count the stairs on the porch and I still count them every single time I use them.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #112 on: 22 Jan 2009, 14:55 »

I think if they knew how many people suffer from the same problem, they would be shocked.

How many?  Yknow, so I can add it to the 'That will learn you' thread

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #113 on: 22 Jan 2009, 14:58 »

My sister is 26 and my niece is 5

I forgot to mention I watched the whole titanic movie when i was 4. Bluh

I was also scared of Jumanji. Bluh to the 2nd power.

Mein Tumblr

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #114 on: 22 Jan 2009, 15:02 »

I was actually born in Germany on a US military base.

I can juggle.

I have a unibrow that I pluck fervently because no no no.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #115 on: 22 Jan 2009, 16:06 »

Anyway, I did not talk until I was three years old. And then when I finally did talk, I said "I want a soda."
proudest moment

I have no idea what the first thing I ever said was, but it was probably in Korean, a fact that is rather ironic because I have forgotten most of how to speak Korean.

Also, this reminds me that my mom has the first drawing I ever made and I forgot to scan it over Christmas. I want a copy of my first drawing!

when I was little I could dislocate all my limbs and be a rag doll

Wait, everything? That is pretty fucked up.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #116 on: 22 Jan 2009, 16:22 »

I have a specific color order in which I must eat starbursts. (It is: pink, orange, red, yellow)
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #117 on: 22 Jan 2009, 16:41 »

Jens that pinky thing is creepy as all hell. Christ.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #118 on: 22 Jan 2009, 16:49 »

I suffer from a form of psychosis brought on by a fit of dementia when I was 13. I was in a mental institute for my 13th birthday and have to deal with everyday. I take pills to help me and have done very well but when I tell people this, they assume I am very crazy and might go all psycho on them. I think if they knew how many people suffer from the same problem, they would be shocked.
I think if folks knew how prevalent mental illness is, period, they'd be shocked. I have a dear family member who was recently hospitalized because of a bipolar I - related psychotic break.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #119 on: 22 Jan 2009, 17:11 »

I once fell into a manhole. It hurt.
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #120 on: 22 Jan 2009, 17:15 »

Word Mr. Pizza. It'd be a good thing if it was more public, not just something no one ever talks about. Speaking of which...

When I was 12 I stopped my grandpa from killing my grandma. (he is now on medication and is apparently doing well)
My dad has been paralyzed from the waist down since I was a month old
and lighter! I can stick my tongue UP my throat and that is actually what I am doing in my avatar.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #121 on: 22 Jan 2009, 19:29 »

Jens that pinky thing is creepy as all hell. Christ.

You should meet my cousin. He has Type 3 Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. You name it, he can dislocate it. A rather unfortunate condition; I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Anyway, one odd thing about me: one side of my family has a long, checkered history with hereditary disorders, particularly along the male line. Somehow, I express none of them, even if it is fairly likely that I'm a carrier. No mom jokes please; I look so much like and act so much like my dad that it's rather uncanny; I just somehow dodged all the guy's problems.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2009, 19:34 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #122 on: 22 Jan 2009, 20:01 »

I assemble rifles from parts as a hobby.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #123 on: 22 Jan 2009, 20:28 »

! I can stick my tongue UP my throat and that is actually what I am doing in my avatar.

When did it ever occur to you to go up instead of out
 :?

True story, I used to be mad cool on these forums.
I guess that isn't strange, just sad.
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #124 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:00 »

I have no idea, but I do get asked that a lot. I think it might have just happened one day because I used to play with my uvula with my tongue and that means nothing dirty.

I remember you though; you are the dude with longish really curly hair right?

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #125 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:04 »

I have had a few haircuts since.
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #126 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:09 »

Since when has uvula been part of a dirty joke? I clearly have a old version of the "vulgar jokes" book.

Mein Tumblr

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #127 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:18 »

It was the "play with my" and "tongue" in the same sentence. Also uvula sounds dirty for some reason. It is kinda close to vulva?

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #128 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:36 »

It's... kind of the other end of the body...
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #129 on: 22 Jan 2009, 21:58 »

It's about as high up as you get without it legally counting as skullfuckin'.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #130 on: 22 Jan 2009, 22:14 »

Jens that is both cool and stomach-wrenching. 

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #131 on: 22 Jan 2009, 22:15 »

I have a restraining order against a convicted mass murderer.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #132 on: 22 Jan 2009, 22:32 »

Holy crap, dude, you're my freaking hero.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #133 on: 22 Jan 2009, 22:34 »

The problem with restraining orders is that people who are willing to kill have bigger problems to worry about than violating an injuction. Like where to hide the body.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #134 on: 23 Jan 2009, 00:43 »

I have this really strange aversion to intimacy. I've had too many attractive girls try to get with me considering my (lack of) looks than's fair for someone of my social placement (i.e. nerd). Not that it happens all the time or anything, but surprisingly often (and mostly out of the blue - not even at parties or clubs or anything). I don't really know why. Intimacy just scares the shit out of me.

OR

While I have been a guitar musician for some years now, I originally played piano, clarinet and viola (at different times). All of my teachers considered me exceptionally talented, which is strange because I'm wondering where my talent went now that I play guitar.

OR

My grandfathers were on opposite sides during WWII! They were even in the same battles! When they were alive, they got along great, too. They were really awesome, awesome grandfathers to have.

OR

The first time I got really, really smashed, I went to the beach alone, shirtless, and sang Creep at the top of my lungs for like, half an hour. I don't even like Radiohead.

I shortly became paranoid that I was being stalked by ghosts and went off to practise shredding on an acoustic guitar.

OR

I am the epitome of nerd! Anime, wargames, video games, dorky music (like heavy metal and european folk), glasses, social awkwardness ect. Somehow I get away with this.

OR

None of my friends are rockers, so I have never been in a band despite how much I'd love to play music with others.

OR

I am very elitist when it comes to music. I think that some music is literally, objectively better than other music and I know it's a terrible way to think but I can't help it.
I think it might be because I find melody and harmony so much more engaging, musically, than rhythm. And so much modern (youth) music is based on rhythm before melody or real harmony, and since I associate that with the youth culture that I feel left out of, it makes me a little angry. (Some of you could have guessed that!)

But I try to respect music universally as much as I can.

OR

I am very humble and shy in real life in almost all situations, but I like to talk about myself over the internet.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #135 on: 23 Jan 2009, 00:57 »

On a lighter note, when I was little I could dislocate all my limbs and be a rag doll. I had a babysitter I hated once so I pretended to throw myself down the steps, dislocated everything and she thought I was dead.

Yeah i'm definately okay with not thinking you might go all psycho on someone. jk.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #136 on: 23 Jan 2009, 01:38 »

You are totally my favorite person, I hope you have a younger sister who is exactly like you and my age.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #137 on: 23 Jan 2009, 02:34 »

I met all of my girlfriends in the scouts. All. God damn.

NSF or KFUK/KFUM?

KFUK/KFUM. But one of them was NSF.

The funny part is the one where I was too young to make jokes about how all of the NSF scouts were "Not Suitable For Scout".
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #138 on: 23 Jan 2009, 03:52 »

I have the entire discography of Red Hot Chili Peppers in my CD shelf. I also own a Coldplay CD.

So basically, dive into my CD collection and you will discover some horrid stuff.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #139 on: 23 Jan 2009, 03:55 »

I used to be terrified of the movie E.T., and had nightmares about him for years (even after I stopped being scared of the movie.)
Hate, rain on me

orgasmtechnician

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Lego Guitar
« Reply #140 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:26 »

I can skate. Also, in my bedroom, the 4 walls are all painted different colours: Blue, Orange, Green and Purple.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #141 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:49 »

I live underground

Also, first ever date has been cancelled, and for some odd reason I don't care.

Final thing: I am both dyslexic and dybraxic, so I get a computer and additional time in exams.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #142 on: 23 Jan 2009, 05:35 »

I live underground

Also, first ever date has been cancelled, and for some odd reason I don't care.

Final thing: I am both dyslexic and dybraxic, so I get a computer and additional time in exams.

I'm not trying to attack you... but what is dybraxic?  or did you mean dyspraxic?  Only reason I ask is beacuse I work in the medical field and haven't heard of Dybraxic before, that stuff just interests me is all.

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
  • I am Dozer the Dozarian... bring me marshmelons...
    • I'm old but I have a myspace...
« Reply #143 on: 23 Jan 2009, 05:37 »

I went on a drunken bender one night and woke up on the sidewalk about a mile from my apartment...  Still drunk.
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #144 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:00 »

proudest moment

Oh man, I was the same way. I was two and said "I want chocolate. I NEEEED CHOCOLATE."

I have the entire discography of Red Hot Chili Peppers in my CD shelf. I also own a Coldplay CD.

This is not that bad, Kris. I have been known to listen to Smash Mouth. In fact, one of their albums is among my all-time favourites. You should count yourself lucky.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #145 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:02 »

Is that how you spell it? I actually tend to get my B's and P's confused (and oddly my threes and sevens).

I don't generally refer to it on CV's, so I don't generally know how to spell it, and it usually only comes up in interviews. Plus, only a mild case, hence the lack of motor control and handwriting that looks as if it was created by putting a spider through a mangle, dipping it in ink and then throwing it at the page.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #146 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:11 »

Is that how you spell it? I actually tend to get my B's and P's confused (and oddly my threes and sevens).

I don't generally refer to it on CV's, so I don't generally know how to spell it, and it usually only comes up in interviews. Plus, only a mild case, hence the lack of motor control and handwriting that looks as if it was created by putting a spider through a mangle, dipping it in ink and then throwing it at the page.

Lol, so in other words like a Doctors handwriting? jk.

Metope

« Reply #147 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:12 »

This is not that bad, Kris. I have been known to listen to Smash Mouth. In fact, one of their albums is among my all-time favourites. You should count yourself lucky.

Well, those are the ones I still have and keep around because of nostalgia. I don't even want to talk about the ones I've thrown away.

(Lots and lots of boyband CDs. Backstreet Boys, A1, Westlife, you name it. Also the first Avril Lavigne album. please don't judge me.)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #148 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:18 »

Also the first Avril Lavigne album. please don't judge me.

This needed to be larger.

Metope

« Reply #149 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:19 »

Shut up shut up shut up shut up.

God why am I doing this to myself?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up