THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 21:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773814 times)

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1600 on: 23 Mar 2009, 21:22 »

Wait, you didn't put one in from last year yet?  Man I always do it as soon as possible so I can be all WOOO MONEY.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1601 on: 23 Mar 2009, 21:28 »

I have special sneaky tax things to do that require me to put in my return as late as possible. Also it means since I just got in before the due date, I will be getting my 1200 dollars one week and then a month or so later, I get K-Rudds 900 dollar bonus!

Actually does anyone know when the actual date for us getting that is? And if its defs still going ahead?
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2009, 21:32 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1602 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:15 »

It was so incredibly fun to do this legally.

I have had to break and enter twice for two different jobs that did not have that in the job description. I have never illegally opened a lock or trespassed. Never.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1603 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:17 »

Guys, I am sitting here playing fucking Wheel Of Fortune on my SNES, and they fucking cheated me! I solved the puzzle and they told me I was wrong, and then the fucking computer put in the exact same letters and won! Cheated!

So, its lame and sucks, and I think I am going to go listen to Echo and The Bunnymen, and The Cure, and Depeche Mode, and The Smiths, and I will sing along and dance and it will be the best.
Oh man, I have that game... I should fire up the SNES...

Or sell it and the 20 games I have for it WHO WANTS IT!!?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1604 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:24 »

I have special sneaky tax things to do that require me to put in my return as late as possible. Also it means since I just got in before the due date, I will be getting my 1200 dollars one week and then a month or so later, I get K-Rudds 900 dollar bonus!

Actually does anyone know when the actual date for us getting that is? And if its defs still going ahead?

Some bastard is challenging it in the High Court because he wants to make a point/precedent about the extent of the Commonwealth's powers to spend money on stuff.

Everyone seems fairly sure he'll lose, and I think he's just doing it so there's a legal precedent for the Commonwealth to do stuff like this*, but it's still pretty annoying because if it goes on for too long it will basically delay the payments and rob them of any benefit to the economy they might of actually had. Also, he'll become one of the most hated people in Australia if he somehow stops everyone getting free money. Like, I'd seriously go throw rocks at his house or something. Bastard.

*I have a pretty average grasp of our legal system, and this is just my interpretation so I could be wrong. 
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1605 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:28 »

Oh yeah April 6 was the proposed date to start rolling out the payments, btw.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1606 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:37 »

So it turns out I can't go shopping for furniture today because I lost my wallet and its too late to get to the bank what the fuck why can't I have nice things who the fuck did I offend in a previous life why can't I just go a week in my life without losing something necessary to function in this fucking ridiculous society

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1607 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:51 »

Tell me about it. I didn't lose my wallet but apparently my bank has had some kind of security issue which has led to them temporarily freezing a bunch of debit cards, including mine. Bleeargh.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1608 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:56 »

Should I go see Battles even though there will be no dancefloor?

y/n

(p.s. I have seen them before)

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1609 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:58 »

Yeah, sitting down. It's at the Opera House. It's Brian Eno's fault.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1610 on: 23 Mar 2009, 23:27 »

Today this gorgeous awesome lady customer at work asked me if I was going to see Insert-Band-Name-Here this week, because we saw each other at Mogwai a couple of weeks ago and realised we have similar tastes. I sort of shrugged and said, nah. I'm not going out for a while, not till Insert-Other-Band-Name-Here at the end of April and she looked a bit pouty after that.
I realised later that maybe she was trying to sort of ask if I wanted to hang out? We both have boyfriends and she is always asking how things with us are going and I have moaned to her about what is happening and uh, did I totally just strike out in the Making Friends League because I think I did.
Also there is this guy that comes in lately (he is actually Nick's housemate) and it is embarrassing because I told my boss that we met when I was stinking of my own beery vomit and somehow my boss has decided that this  guy really really likes me and he says "Ally here comes your boyfriend" when he comes in and it is making me feel really awkward around him (especially because he is just really nice and quiet) so I can't make proper conversation and guh, I am doing this all so wrong.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #1611 on: 24 Mar 2009, 00:04 »

I PREDICT BEING DONE THIS PAPER IN 3 HOURS
Okay blog thread, please hold me to that. I will have been up for about 23 hours at that point. I will get four hours of sleep, then head to school and then work. I can do this!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1612 on: 24 Mar 2009, 00:09 »

[snip] boss [snip] says "Ally here comes your boyfriend" when he comes in and it is making me feel really awkward around him [snip]

I hate when bosses, coworkers, parents, anyone, actually, does this type of shit. It is just stupid. Also, I really, strongly dislike that my coworker will arbitrarily decide to give me a nickname because of something I said. Also, she makes jokes about flirting with me and I just shut her down because she is old enough to be my mom.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1613 on: 24 Mar 2009, 00:12 »

A few female workmates always make jokes when a really ugly girl comes up to the bar at work "Here comes your girlfriend" and they wonder why I'm so fucking insecure

Also I am looking at my bank account of 1185 dollars and I am so fucking frustrated there is no conceivable way for me to spend any of it at the moment.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1614 on: 24 Mar 2009, 00:16 »

did I totally just strike out in the Making Friends League because I think I did.
Not necessarily! You might see this person again. If you do, bring up hanging about or going to another show or something.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #1615 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:02 »

Uh oh so it looks like I can't even figure out how I am going to say enough to get to 2000 words, guys.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1616 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:40 »

The '80s had tons of good music!

Fight you.

Oh, it's ON!

You're right though. But to me huge chunks of the 80's seem boring and endlessly depressing sundays with only The Young Ones on the television and depressing Cure, Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen and what-have-you as backing track. And everone was unemployed and we were only waiting for nuclear holocaust.

So, the 80's sucked.

But there was some great music. Somewhere.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Gilead

« Reply #1617 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:48 »

The '80s had tons of good music!

Fight you.

Oh, it's ON!

You're right though. But to me huge chunks of the 80's seem boring and endlessly depressing sundays with only The Young Ones on the television and depressing Cure, Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen and what-have-you as backing track. And everone was unemployed and we were only waiting for nuclear holocaust.

So, the 80's sucked.

But there was some great music. Somewhere.
Did you seriously just bad mouth the young ones?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1618 on: 24 Mar 2009, 01:56 »

To be fair it was a show based around how boring and depressing the 80s were.

a fucking awesome show

Also uh the 80s had Italo-Disco so fuck the haters

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #1619 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:10 »

Yes. Yes, I did. Completely and whole-heartedly. I think, with proper reflection and time taken to come to that point, that it was and is and always will be a godawful show worth less than a single episode of Dick Turpin.
My Art.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1620 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:00 »

First off, the Young Ones was FUCKING FANTASTIC. So go fuck yourself.

Second off, grog shed, my ladyfriend called me yesterday. There's a little more to it (which I will not divulge into), but she was really struggling with the distance issue (we live about an hour apart) and broke up with me. This sucks.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1621 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:02 »

An hour? Seriously? I'm sorry man, but your lady-friend is fucking piss-weak. I hope she comes to her senses.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1622 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:04 »

Yeah! I can't believe someone wouldn't travel a mere hour to see Shane.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1623 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:05 »

Harry, An hour away where Shane lives is like the entire state.
I'm sorry to hear that though man, that sucks.

Grog the Sailor Thread,
None of the reports I need to finish my work printed out. What the hell computer system, what the hell?

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #1624 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:05 »

First off, the Young Ones was FUCKING FANTASTIC. So go fuck yourself.

Second off, grog shed, my ladyfriend called me yesterday. There's a little more to it (which I will not divulge into), but she was really struggling with the distance issue (we live about an hour apart) and broke up with me. This sucks.

I'd say something mean back but somehow that seems superfluous. Ehm ... hope you have more fun soon?
My Art.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1625 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:07 »

An hour away actually places her in an entirely different state, Jace. New York, to be precise.

We're going to try and rock the friends thing..she still plans on coming to Boston to me with my birthday, which I am entirely down with, because it will probably end in more cuddles and DAMMIT I AM A GUY WHO LIKES CUDDLING.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Gilead

« Reply #1626 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:07 »

Yes. Yes, I did. Completely and whole-heartedly. I think, with proper reflection and time taken to come to that point, that it was and is and always will be a godawful show worth less than a single episode of Dick Turpin.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1627 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:09 »

Harry, An hour away where Shane lives is like the entire state.

Yes but it's still only an hour! An hour! That's, like, "I'm not going to watch this T.V. show any more. It goes for a whole hour." "I'm never going to listen to this album ever again. It's sixty damned minutes long!" I mean, millions of people all over the world commute for an hour each way to get between their home and their job. Commuting an hour to see your boyfriend doesn't seem like it should be that much of a drama.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1628 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:09 »

Well, poo.  Sorry man.  But really, if the distance were that big of an issue, why would she try for something to begin with?  That just seems dumb.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1629 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:12 »

Well, see also the bit I wasn't getting into. There's a medical thing going on with her, and she would pretty much probably be away every weekend getting treatments. So we'd basically NEVER get to see each other.

BLAH.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1630 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:14 »

Ok, so change "distance" to "medical thing."  If she knew about it ahead of time, why would she attempt a relationship she knows she can't do?
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1631 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:15 »

She didn't know about it until like Sunday night.

Also, she said it was mostly distance, but partly the medical thing. Guys, let's just get back to blog thread. I'm getting all bummed out again.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1632 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:39 »

Shane, I have two girls to work on a relationship with, but I only need one relationship, want me to send one to the other side of the country for you?
Alternatively, Come see a spring training game down here or something, we'll hang out.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1633 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:54 »

I have been dreading going to the dentist today for over a week. I spent a total of 4 minutes in the room, including when the nurse-lady-whose-English-job-title-I-don't-know took the x-rays, which means he spent maybe 1 minute actually looking into my mouth. One, how the hell do you call that a decent examination and cleaning? Two, how can I be sure that he discovered everything that's wrong? Sure doesn't feel like I only have two cavities, and he didn't even mention how my wisdom teeth are not really where they should be and not all the way out yet. Three, he didn't even look at the x-rays? Four, $47 for a 4-minute consult. Great.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1634 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:01 »

Shane, I have two girls to work on a relationship with, but I only need one relationship, want me to send one to the other side of the country for you?
Alternatively, Come see a spring training game down here or something, we'll hang out.

Too bad the Sox do their Spring Training in Florida, man.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1635 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:03 »

But think of the regular season possibilities! You could catch some scintillating NL West action  :roll:

P.S. Shane, you should come to zombie march if you aren't already. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=58983302467&ref=ts

Honestly, an event like this attracts only the finest of ladies.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 06:09 by Dazed »
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1636 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:19 »

Dear blag,

I survived the elimination. My buddy Klajdi, who is still my buddy despite me not being able to understand one damn word he says? He got cut. One of the nice Kosovar girls got cut too, Lena (not the one who reminds me of Feist though, thank god). And the Macedonian guy who kept trying to get all touchy-feely on me got cut.

Now I am learning a song in Albanian and it is surprisingly catchy despite being mostly synthesized (with a shitty actual guitarist playing a shitty solo). If I were to type out the lyrics you would SHIT yourselves (Albanian is fucking crazy to read) but when you hear it you will be like "Oh okay that can't be too hard." And it's not very hard. It repeats itself so it's easy to learn.

Now I just have to memorize the song I wrote for the show. Loosely based off of Ted Leo's song "Hearts Of Oak", except with lyrics aimed at a guy who is being a dick.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1637 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:26 »

Man don't type out the lyrics. I haven't shat myself since I was a baby, and I'm not planning on starting any time soon.

Today this gorgeous awesome lady customer at work asked me if I was going to see Insert-Band-Name-Here this week, because we saw each other at Mogwai a couple of weeks ago and realised we have similar tastes. I sort of shrugged and said, nah. I'm not going out for a while, not till Insert-Other-Band-Name-Here at the end of April and she looked a bit pouty after that.
I realised later that maybe she was trying to sort of ask if I wanted to hang out? We both have boyfriends and she is always asking how things with us are going and I have moaned to her about what is happening and uh, did I totally just strike out in the Making Friends League because I think I did.
Also there is this guy that comes in lately (he is actually Nick's housemate) and it is embarrassing because I told my boss that we met when I was stinking of my own beery vomit and somehow my boss has decided that this  guy really really likes me and he says "Ally here comes your boyfriend" when he comes in and it is making me feel really awkward around him (especially because he is just really nice and quiet) so I can't make proper conversation and guh, I am doing this all so wrong.

Dude you could not out-awkward Pat even if you were like, Awkwardy McAwkward, Queen of Awkwardtown. He reads books about typography and wears t-shirts that make puns to this effect. He is a giant nerd.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1638 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:29 »

But think of the regular season possibilities! You could catch some scintillating NL West action  :roll:

The sheer boringness of pitchers hitting is why the designated hitter was invented. Plus, I'm pretty sure a team made of QCers from Massachusetts (what's that, me, you, Daniel, Ally, Jon and Rachel?) could win the NL West.

Maybe I will go to zombie march, James! Cute ladies are good, and cute biting ladies are even better!
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 06:38 by valley_parade »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1639 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:30 »

Also I really like the Cure and the Young Ones. So there.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1640 on: 24 Mar 2009, 06:39 »

Whats up bloggers

Can't sleep, have to get up for work in 5 hours for heavy lifting and just general cussing. Normally at this point I'd just go up to the corner store, get some cigarettes, make some coffee, get some reading done and then just go to work but I'm trying to give up smoking and caffeine (especially sleep deprivation related caffeine, also all my money is locked up inside a bank see previous blog posts). Would go out to the living room to chill but my housemate is entertaining a lady and while they aren't boning yet they're too cuddly and ridiculous to tolerate.

Kind of wish they were boning I have heard ridiculous stories about this dudes loudness and am interested in their validity.

Also the Cure are mostly boring and silly but have some good songs I like while the Smiths are pretty ok for music from the 80s written on guitars (that do not feature ripping solos)
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 06:42 by Hat »

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1641 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:03 »

Re: $950

I'm hearing that people are starting to get their payments this week. As in, two people have said that they got a thing saying that they'll be getting an extra $950 on top of their regular centerlink payments. How this works for people who don't get any payments is yet to be seen. I wonder if this will be like a backwards alcopops tax and they'll ask for it back in six months time?
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1642 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:13 »

Would go out to the living room to chill but my housemate is entertaining a lady and while they aren't boning yet they're too cuddly and ridiculous to tolerate.

Kind of wish they were boning I have heard ridiculous stories about this dudes loudness and am interested in their validity.

Ok so now they are listening to Bluebottle Kiss and so they are probably boning by this point fuck I knew I should have gone to get a sandwich while they were watching TV and laughing.

About the method of payment for people not on centrelink, I'd assume since its paid to people who filed a tax return that they'd simply use the information provided to pay you your original return in the same way.

Double Edit: Okay the house is shaking now they are definitely boning now

Triple Edit: Oh my god it is a mix CD with Bluebottle Kiss, Something for Kate and Elliott Smith oh god this is such ridiculously teenage fucking music.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 07:17 by Hat »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1643 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:20 »

So apparently I live in a house that shakes uncontrollably when you fuck in it

awesome
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 07:29 by Hat »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1644 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:28 »

bahahahaha nice house, Brett.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1645 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:31 »

MY DOOR RATTLES AS IF THEY WERE PRESSED UP AGAINST IT ON THE OTHER SIDE DESPITE THE FACT THEY ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE

I am going to do something about this immediately this is fucking unacceptable considering I need a sandwich like all hell and they're in the living room which is immediately adjacent to the kitchen

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1646 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:35 »

Just run through the house yelling about your sandwich.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1647 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:57 »

Just go and calmly make your sandwich like they weren't even there.

Blog thread, I have a shopping list that I need to complete in the next few months. What I need is something resembling a Hornblower outfit; at least the hat and the longcoat, the rest I should be able to fudge easily enough. I also need a classical mechanics text that is more rigorous and significant than the one I used before (I can't even remember what it was). Something that's about understanding the nature of the thing rather than applying tricks to systems to get an answer. Something that starts off with the concept of action and goes and derives Hamiltonian mechanics from there in the most general way it can.

Teaching science historically is flawed. You start off with something that's wrong and then find out what other, less wrong thing to replace it with when you get data that doesn't fit. You keep rinsing and repeating this until you get to the current least-wrong model. Sounds ok right? I mean, it got us where we are today right? The problem comes when you teach the one model and people get attached to that and then their reliance on it gets in the way of their understanding of the chronological next idea, which is thrown out soon afterward and so on. The consolidating work that happens after the model is developed is where the really significant knowledge is, not in the arguments it took to get to there.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1648 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:22 »

You know, one time last month, my lady and I got walked in on by a friend who knew quite well what we were doing. We warned her like 10 minutes before. And she walks in, grabs a blanket from the top (thank god there were OTHER blankets), and walks out. I swear she must've stolen our weed or something.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1649 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:25 »

Hey dudes. If you left a bag of chips at work, because you snack on them, would you get upset if one day you came in and half the bag was gone? Especially if the person wwho ate them didn't even bother to ask if they could have any?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 90   Go Up