THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 31 May 2024, 08:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 778882 times)

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2000 on: 04 Apr 2009, 22:33 »

Hm. I can't decide if I want to go to see a friend's band whose music I don't like, but a girl I like will be there, or if I want to go see a friend's band whose music I do like, but is also slightly further away.

Or maybe I should just stay home and do Uni work?

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE DECISIONS BLOG THREAD.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2001 on: 04 Apr 2009, 22:54 »

I know! I do not know why ladies dig this, but I mean, if they are honestly attracted to some trait then whatever makes the world a happier place.
Why are a lot of men turned on by ladies kissing other ladies?

I don't know if that's exactly the same thing? It has been my experience that some ladies are turned on by the fact that I'm OK with kissing dudes every once in a while, which is not quite the same as thinking two ladies mackin' it is hot. I mean, if a girl told me she kissed girls I don't think that'd really make me a whole lot more interested, but maybe that is due to lesbian fetishization and desensitization in our culture?
I think the active component of girls finding the thought of a guy kissing a guy hot is just that this person is willing to look past taboo and is OK with compromising a macho image. Honesty and humbleness? I mean, I'm not talking about ladies getting hot thinking of guys making out, I'm just talking of the situation where I'm at a bar with a lady and then that comes up and I explain my stance and her eyes do that thing they do and then wherever it goes from there.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 22:58 by Slick »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2002 on: 04 Apr 2009, 22:54 »

Also guys I'm seriously thinking about starting to do this thing where I do gig reviews without writing anything. Basically I will go to gigs with a good quality digital recorder and a digital SLR and use the live audio and photos together with short grabs from random audience & band members and use it to make an audio slideshow that kinda captures the vibe of the gig.

I mean I have never really liked reading reviews where it's some dude telling me about how the band reminds him of his grandmother's dog and they have technical overtones of musique concrete blah blah etc.

Anyone know any sites doing this kind've thing?    
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2003 on: 04 Apr 2009, 22:58 »

I am not attracted to boys who have kissed boys, but I am not grossed out by it either. But then again, I hang around with a lot of gay people, so it doesn't really phase me. I usually just ask if they too don't like sharp stubble burn.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2004 on: 04 Apr 2009, 22:59 »

Nick, (you are nick right V_Dove? I think?)
Go where the girl is. Or, you know, look at chances you get to see girl versus chances you get to see band you'd rather see, or look at the necessity of seeing girl sooner than later. I would probably go where the girl is, but it really depends on the bands.

Also that is a genius idea I have never heard of that being done before you really ought to do it.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2005 on: 05 Apr 2009, 01:40 »

I'm assuming you'd get the band's express permission before you did it? Seeing as you mentioned getting interview snippets.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2006 on: 05 Apr 2009, 03:07 »

People of Earth,

We have donk'd the undonkable.

God save us before it's too late.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2007 on: 05 Apr 2009, 03:13 »

Also there is this and this and this and many more besides

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2008 on: 05 Apr 2009, 03:17 »

It's always the best when the remixing program can't draw a bead on the rhythm of a song, and has any number of "I didn't sign up for this" moments wherein it apparently attempts to apply a beat and fails, then tries another and fails, and you get sections of utter confusion. This is best heard in the Low and Lemony Snicket tracks. It adds a humanity to the proceedings that really heightens the humor.

Sometimes it actually seems to work out well, however.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2009, 03:25 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2009 on: 05 Apr 2009, 04:11 »

Nick, (you are nick right V_Dove? I think?)
Go where the girl is. Or, you know, look at chances you get to see girl versus chances you get to see band you'd rather see, or look at the necessity of seeing girl sooner than later. I would probably go where the girl is, but it really depends on the bands.

Also that is a genius idea I have never heard of that being done before you really ought to do it.

Yep, it's Nick. Thanks for the advice... I ended up going for the better music and trying out the whole audio/visual review idea instead of hanging out with that girl (I'll see her pretty soon anyway, and it wasn't any kind of arranged hang outs or anything).

But yeah, the recording went well! It gave me an idea of how to go about doing the whole thing... Also, at the gig I ended up chatting with a dude I know who runs a business doing live recordings of bands, and he was really into the whole idea. He's keen to get me down to a gig he's recording next week so we can team up - basically I'll get to use his audio from the bands, and I'll do all the interviewing, and we'll probably both take some photos. Which is awesome because he's a much better photographer than I am, and also a fucking awesome sound engineer with a crapload of equipment.

I'm assuming you'd get the band's express permission before you did it? Seeing as you mentioned getting interview snippets.

Yeah, for sure. Otherwise they'd be all thinking I was going to bootleg their songs and sell them on the streets of Thailand.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2010 on: 05 Apr 2009, 04:29 »

Assembled some furniture, passed out, 12 hour Sunday shift (aw yeah) consisting largely of doing sweet fuck all, followed by whiskey sours after work and Chinese food, Teds and a movie at a work friends house. She dropped me home a little ago and now I am just chilling watching my housemate play pirated videogames on his ridiculous new television. Been whistling the Andy Griffith theme all evening, I love it when I"m in a good mood like this, not for any particular reason but just because nothing in particular sucks and the things that do suck don't seem so bad!

I mean, the manger that gives me the shits probably overheard me saying he had the interpersonal skills of a pile of dogshit (it was somewhat more eloquent than that) about a week after he told me he wanted to fire people who were gossips (I kind of wanted to tell him that was an insane proposition considering where we work but abstained cause I don't like unnecessary conflict, which is funny now that you think about it) but that's ok, cause that's ok.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2009, 06:23 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2011 on: 05 Apr 2009, 06:41 »

I know! I do not know why ladies dig this, but I mean, if they are honestly attracted to some trait then whatever makes the world a happier place.

Count me out of that one.

Hey blog thread, tonight's the first night of pick-up ultimate frisbee! It's gonna be cold and wet, but it'll be fun.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2012 on: 05 Apr 2009, 06:46 »

Because its uncommon/dudes like ladies but not dudes so two ladies kissing is the best possible kiss to watch/fantasies of people with more interesting sex lives than their own, pick and choose.

Come on there are legitimate reasons for not finding two women kissing to be legitimately arousing (homosexuality/concern about the feminist implications of the objectification of lesbianism/cognitive dissonance) but it is not hard to see why it is a Good Thing to the rest of us.

Actually it would be interesting to compile a comprehensive list of these, translate them to reasons why women might like/not like to watch two dudes kissing, and compare the statistic happenings of the exceptions and trends between the sexes and put them in a terrible first year sociology paper.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2009, 06:52 by Hat »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2013 on: 05 Apr 2009, 10:07 »

Last night I stayed up drinking, and playing Viva Pinata until 3am. I'm pretty ok with this.

Today, I have a hangover. And am still in bed. And it is storming. I had a dream that I was pregnant again(my friend told me it was because I drank so much before bed and had a full bladder), but this time we were at some sort of waterpark resort in Japan. It was awesome. And apparently, I was dating this girl, and this dude. And then trying to get in the pants of one of my best male friends. And everyone else at the resort.

Tonight I will probably play more viva pinata
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #2014 on: 05 Apr 2009, 10:12 »

Viva pinata is good.

Hello everyone, have been up in Edinburgh for the past few days helping to see/ pack away a play called "life of the insects", it was quite good, and my friend directed it, so that was awesome.

I have also discovered that if I don't know the names of people I am out with/ I am not in a town I know that well I am a much more annoying drunk man than I normally am, also got chatting to various cool people up there (and got to know a lot about how some people seem to want to put a marxist view on history and sort of put a stop to it) and a man who looks like a cross between Russel Brand, Tim Minchin and Vince from the Mighty Boosh.

All in all, quite a lot of fun, despite a lack of girl attention (I am thinking it may be the beard).
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2015 on: 05 Apr 2009, 11:14 »

Dear blag,

One of my singing professors doesn't quite get it that I don't want to do his little songwriting workshop. Because instead of helping me with what I want help with, he's basically chopping everything I wrote, and putting new shit in that I can't stand (and doesn't even fucking work, if you ask music theory), and it really pissed me off because it seriously took an hour of me saying, in three different languages, "I do not want to do this at all ever" before he finally fuckin' got it that maybe I am not really interested in this.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2016 on: 05 Apr 2009, 13:22 »

Dear Thread,

Why is it that girls from the oddest parts of the UK keep finding and adding me on Last.FM?

Croatia? Really?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2017 on: 05 Apr 2009, 13:27 »

Right, and didn't Europe amalgamate into the United Kingdom to replace the European Union in 1994 or something?

plumbob78

• Obscure cultural reference
  • ¡Viva la revolución!
« Reply #2018 on: 05 Apr 2009, 13:29 »

I just got my hair cut and the person who did it told me to keep it off my face because it's causing this acne on my forehead. This means I basically have to go back to the boring haircut I had for for fifteen years and was trying to be rid of, unless I can find some other way to get rid of/prevent the acne. Dammit.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #2019 on: 05 Apr 2009, 18:49 »

Blog Thread,

I just played some music with a guy over the past few hours, and it was really rad. We enjoyed going through songs that we wrote by ourselves, talking about stuff, and just all-out jamming at the end. It was really great to play music with someone other than myself, and hopefully it blossoms into an actual band.

Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot of people around here who are around to play music, so we'll see about finding a bassist and drummer.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2020 on: 05 Apr 2009, 21:26 »

I think we need to talk about your drinking problem.
Hey man he quit smoking, took up jogging, and started taking the 'day' part of his day-job seriously.

Also, people from Croatia are called Croats! Isn't that ridiculous?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2021 on: 05 Apr 2009, 21:35 »

I had an Auslan (Australian Sign Language) practical assessment today!

I got really nervous, but seemed to do ok with remembering everything. I caught my bracelet on one of my earrings and pulled it out just as I walked into the room and made my ear bleed a little. That made me look even more awkward and uncoordinated than I usually do, but I guess it could have been worse and I could have tripped over or something? Cindy-Lu told me about how once she was signing and her bracelet got caught in her glasses and pulled them off and she couldn't see. I guess that could have happened?

I went and saw Tim Minchin on Saturday, and fuck he is hilarious. I am seeing Dylan Moran later this month, so I am going to be all comedianed up. I am happy about that. I just have 2/3 assigments to do this week before easter and my mid-semester break, so I am a little stressed, but other than that I am ood! Easter, chocolate, woo!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2022 on: 05 Apr 2009, 22:12 »

1 AM, Take home test done, time to start my paper.

EDUCAAATTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #2023 on: 05 Apr 2009, 22:23 »

I just got back from Portland and boy is my liver tired.

Also, fuck speeding tickets in their nonexistent asses.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2024 on: 06 Apr 2009, 00:07 »

Hey blog thread, I've been trying not to bitch about work to you too much, but this is ridiculous.

So they have me training someone for overnights, which is cool and she is pretty smart and learning it, and she just needs to do it maybe 4-5 more times before she understands how it works. Also, it's been really nice that there have been two (or three) people here because it really helps to relieve the amount of work that security has to do to help the front desk (they are the other department that is in at the same time as overnight front desk). Now, I get into work today at about 11:07, yeah whatever I was running late. So I go out onto the floor and see two of the evening shift people and the girl I am training for overnights. And I go up and say hi, and we chat for about 3 minutes before I learn that she was called at 1pm to come in at 2:30 to work, so I am now working overnight alone again. Also, I check to see how many people we have checking out tomorrow and we have around 245 check outs. Which means there are probably around 200 receipts to put under the guests' doors. Normally this would be done by the front desk, but since I am the only one here, and I can't leave the desk for 2-3 hours to deliver all these receipts, security has to do it. On top of this, security has to do this new bullshit thing where they have to go to every room that is not departing (around 630 rooms, six hundred thirty, not a typo) and slide some little card under the door. So that takes them around 4 to 5 hours, and then we are piling the delivery of receipts on top of that (and they can't even be done at the same time since they start their thing at around 1am, and the receipts don't print out until about 4am.

Also, I have to order a salad for lunch because if I order something hot it either sits under the heatlamp for a few hours while I wait for security to show up to watch the desk, meaning that the food is crusty and lukewarm anyways (again, I can't leave the desk) or I pick up the food and it sits in the back waiting for security to show up, meaning that it is now cold, although not crusty, still disgusting.

Good news though, I am going to probably start working for my stepdad and his friend's mortgage company, this will be a daytime job so I can stop losing my nights, also, I'll make more money, and there will be about 110% less bullshit. In the next 6 months I will probably not work at the hotel at all. I will be a loan officer, calling people who want loans, and I'll get commission for the first 3 months, then get put on salary if I do good. This means that I'll be doing both an overnight and a daytime job until I get put on salary, then I'm going to go to working only a few nights a week to train my replacement, or I'll just give them my two weeks and tell them good luck getting anything done since their other full time auditor doesn't know how to do 80% of the things that I do for the overnights. I have only worked here for about 3.5 months and I am already tired of this job and the bullshit that they pile on me.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2025 on: 06 Apr 2009, 00:37 »

I used to get so annoyed by my roommate giving me shit about locking every lock in the house before I went to bed(or left the house. Or when I came home), including the two on the front and back doors. He'd say "One lock is enough to deter most criminals. And if anybody gets in, I can kill them with my bare hands*." This used to annoy me because I felt like he was picking on me(I realize he wasn't, but still). But it is dark and scary out and I wish I had my roommate who could kill people living with me still.
:(   :(

*He was in in army special forces. Lost one of his lungs flying black hawks over Iraq. True story. I've seen the scars.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2026 on: 06 Apr 2009, 00:39 »

I imagine my organs would leave me too if I decided to join the army.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2027 on: 06 Apr 2009, 00:51 »

I've only heard the whole story once and I was really really high, but they got shot down in the middle of the night, and got shrapnel lodged in his chest. Completely destroyed one of his lungs. The doctor almost removed the wrong one. Now he can't smoke or wear seatbelts.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2028 on: 06 Apr 2009, 01:14 »

Hi Blog thread!

I had a rad weekend!  I went to Brisbane Saturday night for my lovely girlfriend Sarah's birthday.  It was good times!  We went to Hells Pizza (A rad hell themed pizza place, it is amazing and delicious) then to Sarah's place and sat around drinking at 4am.  At 1am after a bottle of wine I dyed her fringe red to match mine.  now we are like ying and yang because her hair is blonde and mine is dark.

Then on Sunday the Boy and I rejoined his group of friends and we went to Supernova!  It is a comic/nerd convention held in Brisbane and Melbourne every year.  I had a rad time and bought some comics and skirts and saw Jhonen Vasquez talk and met Amber Benson which is probably the most exciting thing to happen to me all weekend because she is one of my favourite actresses and I did not even know she was going to be there.  Brett   I hope you are a little bit jealous about that.  I think that might put me a little bit ahead in the Buffy fangirl stakes.

Then on the drive home to Toowoomba it was storming really badly and we nearly crashed and died like 8 times.  It was terrifying.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2029 on: 06 Apr 2009, 01:28 »

I'm now waiting for Brett to come in this thread and casually mention that he boned Amber Benson this weekend.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2030 on: 06 Apr 2009, 02:12 »

He would probably get beat up by Adam Busch if he did, but it would be totes worth it.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2031 on: 06 Apr 2009, 02:21 »

Supanova is also held in Sydney. I have been to it once. I was there when Debi Derryberry signed my brother's Monkey Island collector's box. She is the voice of Jimmy Neutron, but also was Timmy the Monkey from Escape From Monkey Island. She didn't remember the Timmy the Monkey role.

Wow, that is kind of sad that I remember that. Actually, I could probably find that box in this room.

Edit! Aww yeah, pagebreak fever
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 02:22 by Eris »
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #2032 on: 06 Apr 2009, 03:53 »

Is Vasquez actually working on anything atm?

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #2033 on: 06 Apr 2009, 04:04 »

Hey blaggenheimer

I just had a weekend that defies all words except the following:

The Dead Milkmen played Pi Lam's Human BBQ on Saturday night.

I've never been so close to so many people at once.  The room would've been a giant mosh pit, except there was literally zero space between any one person and any other, so it turned into a seething unified mass of bodies with a life of its own.  If you lifted both your feet off the floor, you'd just get carried, held up by pressure from other people's shoulders and torsos ... until a crowd-surfer landed on you.  It was a sauna in there, too.  (The last time the Dead Milkmen played Human BBQ, the floor itself collapsed.  I wasn't even born until 2 months later.)

Later that night, Make A Rising made some really bizarre and amazing things happen during their set, but I won't pretend to be able to describe that.  Make A Rising leaves me at a loss for words.

Fucking Human BBQ, guys.  I've been to this party 5 times now.  I lead a charmed life.

Also, I am beginning to realize that my overall functioning as a human being depends to a significant extent on whether or not I am having sex regularly.  If I'm not, I'm just not as good of a person.  This bothers me even though I know it makes perfect sense and is probably true for most people.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2034 on: 06 Apr 2009, 05:25 »

I had a quite awesome day yesterday, Frog Spread!

I went down to the cafe to catch the Man United game, which had a rather terrific ending involving 17 year olds making their debuts and then scoring the winning goal. On the way home, I ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in seriously about six months, and she gave me one of the most massive hugs ever.

Also, we started our summer tradition of sunday night pick-up Ultimate a few months early. It was effing FREEZING and it got dark before we finished, but good times all around.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2035 on: 06 Apr 2009, 05:31 »

Also, I am beginning to realize that my overall functioning as a human being depends to a significant extent on whether or not I am having sex regularly.  If I'm not, I'm just not as good of a person.  This bothers me even though I know it makes perfect sense and is probably true for most people.

The exact opposite happens to me if I am not getting any. Mostly because it means that I don't have anything to brag about.

Dear blag,

Man it is weird walking around near the university. I have been getting looked at even more frequently. I think me acting like a tit during my singy session yesterday might have been part of it. That was fun as shit though.

On Wednesday, when I perform live on TV for the first time ever, I have to sing this uninspiring song. Fortunately, I have a trick up my sleeve. Second verse is going an octave up, and my opponent is going to shit himself since his range isn't nearly as broad as mine, so he can't one-up me on it. Also, if those Blue Team fuckers are expecting my showmanship to be lacking again, bitches got another thing coming. I am still mirror-practicing almost daily. I refuse to do SHIT in the studio just because I feel like sneaking up on them.

My poor buddy Labinot is my opponent though so I am gonna feel bad if it actually works and I kick his ass.

Love,
Me!

Gilead

« Reply #2036 on: 06 Apr 2009, 05:33 »

Argh fucking fuck, I am trying to go to canada for 6 months to work, and normally I'd just be able to get a working holiday visa easily, except I'm a citizen of the uk and a resident of australia, and you have to be both a resident and citizen of one of those countries to get one, so now I either have to commit international fraud to pretend I'm a uk resident or line up a job in advance ASAP to get a regular work permit and this is so fucking dumb.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2037 on: 06 Apr 2009, 06:33 »

QC forum
Some of you regularly hear small details about my life and how terrible I am with money, food, clothing and flammable materials. I'm finally posting here to detail some of the more positive aspects of my life as of late.
For the first time in over a year, I'm going to have some form of steady income through various work and support. This will finally allow me to start clearing all my debt. The extra good news is that for some reason or another, my current bank has refunded most of the charges they made last year, bumping my account out of the red and giving me a positive balance for the first time since September. After almost an entire year and hundreds of pounds in charges each month, I finally owe nothing to my bank (save for a £7.50 charge which I can now afford) and can afford once more to attend college and eat regularly. Now I only owe £177 on credit cards which I'm setting aside the maximum ammount of money payable for each week. I should be able to snap them in two by July.
Then for the first time since I was 18, I'll be 100% totally debt free.

With increased funds comes an improved diet, improved college attendance (thus, improved grades), improved social life, a more active lifestyle, I sleep better and I finally have the funds I need to invest in all the big ideas I've had over the past few years, including the set-up costs of my own record label. I'm finally writing material that I'm happy with and I'm making friends with real talent (and resources). I feel confident enough to finally get back into the habit of regular illustration and constructing a new portfolio, there's no shortage of events around here that need posters and flyers on a regular basis.
It's summer, the weather is improving and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year.

What's more, next month is May. Time for the second annual 24 Hour album challenge. I'm more than confident that this year we can improve on the 15 entries from last time.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2038 on: 06 Apr 2009, 07:30 »

Good luck, Patrick! 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2039 on: 06 Apr 2009, 08:09 »

He would probably get beat up by Adam Busch if he did, but it would be totes worth it.

Actually, are you familiar with something called "The A-Frame"

because that is what I did with that nerd-celebrity couple instead of meeting up with you while you were in town

No in reality I spent this entire weekend soaked in domestically produced versions of foreign beers and cheap liquor, acting cranky to anyone who is not pleasant, over the age of 50, and Irish. Any time I did not spend doing this I spent being miserable and hating everything about who I am as a person.

Good Times

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2040 on: 06 Apr 2009, 09:00 »

Oh hey blog thread, remember how I said that I would be starting that loan officer job? Yeah, apparently there is already a loan with my name on it. I just have to call the guy tomorrow and talk to him about it.
Rad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2041 on: 06 Apr 2009, 10:48 »

I got a bill from my credit card company. I owe $68.35. My minmum payment is $11.00.

Words cannot describe how excited I am!

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2042 on: 06 Apr 2009, 10:57 »

Dear blog

Last night before i did go to sleep i had epic headache so i had to take painkiller that i could sleep but i had most awesome dream in my life it got werewolfs, vampires, magic, guns, fast cars and no sortage of explosions.

One thing worries me because i havent had headache in years and now all of a sudden my head feeled like it was going to blow up, im going to see doctor next week to see if something is wrong.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2043 on: 06 Apr 2009, 10:59 »

Hey guys, in case anyone's been wondering/worrying, even though I'm in Italy at the moment I'm not near the epicentre of the earthquake and have been thus far completely unaffected and, were it not for the news, would have remained oblivious. So don't worry about me.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2044 on: 06 Apr 2009, 11:10 »

I would've personally guessed death by mafia. How bad is it out there? Maybe you can donate blood, if they allow travellers to (they might not)

People of Earth, it is Monday. Gahhhh.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #2045 on: 06 Apr 2009, 13:15 »

I should probably stop spending so much time with this girl

Oh well
it's time to stop posting

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2046 on: 06 Apr 2009, 15:11 »

This. Fuck Mondays.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2047 on: 06 Apr 2009, 16:49 »

Dear blog thread,

Today, I exploded. I finally got sick of going into the vocal booth, singing, having the professor tell me it wasn't good enough, and not give me a fucking explanation as to what exactly he wanted out of me. I swear to god they just do this to fuck with me. And if that's really the case, they got what they wanted. After maybe 2 attempts at singing that stupid fucking song, people still kept looking at me like they were expecting something. And I basically stopped, asked them "What are you looking at me like that for? What do you expect out of me? What do you want from me?" and when another 8 measures went by unanswered, I ripped the monitor headphones off my head and stormed back in and sat down.

The following 10 minutes were spent listening to people ask me what the hell was wrong, and me giving them the same reply I've given them for 5 weeks that they still don't fucking seem to understand (the language barrier is not the problem, it's the listening barrier that is fucking impenetrable). The next 5 minutes were spent packing up my shit and just ditching. I can't wait to hear what kind of awesome bullshit they try to give me tomorrow. I'm not even going to sing at rehearsal, because frankly, I don't give a fuck. I don't HAVE to sing until Wednesday, so fuck them, I'm not GOING to sing until Wednesday.

Fuck this show, I'm just not going to put any more effort into it.

Love,
Me.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2048 on: 06 Apr 2009, 17:01 »

man patrick it sounds to me like this show is making you miserable. I mean, it's a reality tv show, of course they want you to get angry, people love drama. if you're really that pissed off I think you should just quit. judging based on your many blog posts it has given you 0 happiness and 0 satisfaction.

also

Hey guys, in case anyone's been wondering/worrying, even though I'm in Italy at the moment I'm not near the epicentre of the earthquake and have been thus far completely unaffected and, were it not for the news, would have remained oblivious. So don't worry about me.

glad you're safe, harry! please stay that way.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 17:08 by Allybee »
radical dame

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #2049 on: 06 Apr 2009, 17:35 »

This. Fuck Mondays.

Spring Break <3.

And yeah Patrick, from what I've read, this show is giving you nothing but stress.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 90   Go Up