THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 23:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773839 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2450 on: 16 Apr 2009, 18:01 »

hammering out 13 impeccably cross-referenced pages.
How does this work? I'm in my second year of law school in Australia and the longest thing I've written was 2,000 words. Do you just type in a really big font or are your word counts around 6,000? Or does that include diagrams and pictures?
3,500 words, 12 point font. I think the main thing is that the lines are double spaced, so that inflates the page number a bit.

I've only had 2,000 word limits in my seminar classes, where 150-250 students' essays have to be graded by 2 or 3 TAs. I should go to law school in Oz :[

So basically I was going to see Thievery Corporation with my best friend today (I can't tell if I should call her that anymore, as she is barely in my life now) but the weather decided to fuck wit us. It's snowing in Denver and it's raining hard up where I am. The forecast shows a snow-filled weekend with a lot of sun next week. This seems to be a pattern. A few days of nearly oppressive heat, followed by a few days of bitter cold wind and precipitation, followed by mild weather until it heats up again. Fuckin' global warming.

Anyway, she's decided that the weather's probably too bad to go to the show. She still wants me to come up and see her, though. I don't know if this is a good idea.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2009, 18:09 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2451 on: 16 Apr 2009, 20:05 »

No one gives a shit about your motherfucking boyfriend.  Except maybe your fucking husband. Tell him. I don't fucking care. Shut the fuck up.

This was at the bottom of the page, I think it might have been skipped over. But it hurt my head a little bit.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2452 on: 16 Apr 2009, 20:55 »

Family bullshit. Its best to ignore it.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2453 on: 16 Apr 2009, 22:50 »

So I had a bad night.

I was really jazzed about these possible purchases of the Microkorg / the MS-2000 / the Kaossilator. But as I mentioned earlier, there was this Thievery Corp. show that my former best friend invited me to. It ended up snowed out, and she made her way up to my town to see me.

Thing is, as some of you regular blog thread readers probably know, my best friend and I have been apart for some months. And before we were apart I found myself feeling more and more ill at-ease around her. I thought (foolishly) that a few months time away from her, away from her bearing on my mind, would alleviate that. I was wrong.

We met at a coffee shop. She remarked about how self-confident I looked. And I felt confident, at first. We made small-talk. And then she talked about her plans. She said she was moving away, permanently, to LA. This surprised me but it did not faze me. But then, she began talking about how she had outgrown everyone in my town, and implicitly, everyone I know, all the friends that I met through her, and me as well, although she did not seem to consider this. She told me how lazy they all were, how the people she was with now were so much better friends than the people that came before. Then she said that she was satisfied that she had "given" me to my current best friends, whom she clearly does not like.

Something about that offended me, and so I used the reserves of confidence I had to say that she was being condescending. It was from that point onward that it became increasingly clear that she regretted meeting with me. This has been a problem ever since she started focusing on her career - every time she saw me it was apparent that she was making a sacrifice to see me, and it irritated her when she did not get what she wanted out of that sacrifice. As the night went on I began to feel the same anxiety that I always used to feel, a weakness in my hands was the first indication.

She was not always like this. I remember first meeting her and she was bright and happy and she made me feel comfortable and welcome. I always had this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that she was too good for me, and that her friendship was really just a courtesy, a gift. Back then I was discouraged from that feeling. Tonight I felt as though it was true.

We resolved to meet on 4/20. When she left I sat in my car and wept for half an hour. I'm tired of feeling like shit about this. I don't want it anymore.

I'm giving her one more chance. 4/20/09 is the second year anniversary of our meeting. I will write a letter stating how I feel. If by the end of the night I still feel miserable, I am going to give it to her, and ask that we not see each other in person for a good long time, at least a year.

I'm not angry with her, I don't hate her, I love her very much. She was once the best friend I've ever had, but she isn't now, she's not that person anymore. I have to stand up for myself now and do what's right for me. She's always been difficult, and I think the chances are good that if I bring this to her she will discard me the way she discarded my other friends. But I can't keep being miserable and putting on airs for her. I have to be honest. It's breaking my heart.

I'm a little bit out of sorts at the moment, obviously.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2009, 22:55 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2454 on: 16 Apr 2009, 23:17 »

That hella sucks. I'm sorry.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #2455 on: 17 Apr 2009, 00:33 »

Just typing all that out earns massive respect.

Shoot guys it is 2am and I just realized I made a giant mess on the carpet in the common room with the granola I was eating and I have no access to any kind of cleaning supplies at this time of night and I feel terrible because I hate the people who leave this room a mess but I don't have a way to clean it up and I don't want the cleaning staff to hate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :cry:
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2009, 02:03 by SirJuggles »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2456 on: 17 Apr 2009, 02:53 »

Hey guys I am in a tremendous amount of pain!

My jaw is throbbing furiously and any time I move it/swallow/do anything it shoots blooms of unbearable pain across the entire left side of my face. Also it is Friday night and I am at work (as usual). Wee!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2457 on: 17 Apr 2009, 07:13 »

My mom was taken to the hospital by ambulance last night due to a blockage in her intestines.  I'm told she needs to have emergency surgery on it today and may die.  I'm not really close with my mother, but man, this still sucks.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2458 on: 17 Apr 2009, 07:17 »

Shit. I'm sorry, Rachel. =/
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2459 on: 17 Apr 2009, 07:19 »

Thanks.  I'm leaving work soon to go see her.  I'm sure I'll have some kind of an update later.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2460 on: 17 Apr 2009, 13:02 »

Sending good vibes in your direction right now.

THIS.

Dear blog thread,

So apparently some of the music from Hair is going to be the new opening theme for the show. Much better than an adaptation of that shitty music from High School Musical. I'm pretty pleased. "Let The Sunshine In" is an amazing song in pretty much every respect, and that goddamn song about basketball from HSM is basically the opposite.

Also I don't know why, but all of a sudden all the other kids on the show have taken an interest in fiddling around on my guitar. It's great because they don't really ever wash their hands ever and so I get lots of built-up grime on the fretboard, but I don't actually have to do it myself. No, I am not even being sarcastic, filthy fretboards are truly beautiful to look at. See: Eric Clapton's black Strat, aptly named "Blackie". GORGEOUS FILTH.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #2461 on: 17 Apr 2009, 13:24 »

I hate changing my strings for exactly that reason. They don't really have a personality to their sound until the weight of the deposits on them start to make a difference.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #2462 on: 17 Apr 2009, 13:28 »

Every time I change my strings I clean the whole neck using strong cleaner on the frets. It's pretty gross to see just how much filth builds up in two months.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2463 on: 17 Apr 2009, 13:31 »

Do I man up and hang out with some guys who I have been talking to on and off for about 2-3 years online next weekend, and let one of them crash at my dorm room, or do I chicken out and tell him (and them) no? He's pretty much harmless, but I don't know him that well (which may be an advantage, tbh), I know the other guys better. A couple of them even live in the same town as I do, we just haven't met before, which is kinda silly. The guy who will potentially crashing here for the night would be driving like 9 hours to get here, which sounds insane for one night, but he says he's bored anyways. And he knows how awkward I think it will be, but is all "Hey, I'm weird and quiet too!", and I kinda know that he is, soo.. Hm. But they are all really really good at computers and programming and all that, and while I study it as well, I'm far from great at it, so I would feel dumb.

I hate being socially inept and feeling ridiculously inadequate.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2464 on: 17 Apr 2009, 17:37 »

I'd say do it but maybe try and organise somewhere else for him to sleep that isn't your dorm room? Even if it's a couch somewhere in your building or something... That way if it ends up too weird/creepy/awkward you're not committed to sleeping in the same room.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #2465 on: 17 Apr 2009, 18:07 »

Yay for most everyone know going to the beach this weekend and me not having a ride.
Bluh.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2466 on: 17 Apr 2009, 18:33 »

Hello blog thread, here is a post in which I post a Story About Today:

So today was one of Those Fridays. I talked to the boy I've been hanging out with yesterday about getting lunch together today, so I decided to dress nice and was generally in a good mood this morning. When I got to work, my manager, Julie, was super happy and energetic, so I fed off of her energy and when this happens we usually get quite silly. And then Bill came in, and he's a rather chipper guy, so basically this morning was all good fun and we were cracking jokes right and left to amuse ourselves. I go out to lunch with the boy and have fun and then return to work. Energy levels are still quite high.

But later in the afternoon after Bill has left to deliver things to the other stores, the energy levels start to wane, so Julie runs across the street to grab us some snacks. While she's gone, an obviously homeless man comes into the store.* He asks if we have anything available and I ask what in particular he's looking for. "Everything." I ask what does he mean. "Can I have whatever is available?" I say I don't understand. Homeless Man then begins to pull items one by one down from a display on the nearby wall and puts the items on the counter. I stand there watching him not knowing what the deuce is going on. I call down Leslee (district manager whose office is in our store) because I'm confused and wanted and extra set of eyes. Julie comes back as soon as Leslee walks down and they look pretty much as confused as I do as this man keeps taking every item off of this display.  They talk chat while this man goes about his thing just to seem nonchalant about the whole thing. Leslee goes back upstairs and Julie tries to make small talk with the man, who never replies. He finally seems happy when he has a massive pile of odds and ends on the counter and I ring them up while Julie bags them. The total comes to over $550.
"You mean all this is $5.50?"
"No, five-hundred and fifty dollars."
"Oh. Well I don't have that, all the banks are closed." (The banks are not really closed.) "And *jewelry store* has all my watches."
"Well, we can put this on hold for you until you get the money."
"I can get the money from my lawyer. I just have to take the merchandise to his office."
"Uh, no. We need the cash before we can let you leave with all this."
"Well, ok. *Pause* I'll be back later."

So Julie and I are left with the task of putting an entire display back up and Julie, who has worked down here for 20 or so years says this is the first time this has ever happened to her. Considering all the crazy things that have happened here in the past, I was kind of shocked.

*There are a lot of homeless people who wander in our store. I don't really know why, but we let them do their thing and just make sure they don't take anything, because generally they are harmless. We only kick them out if they are either really scary or are obviously on something.

Tl;dr: When working in downtown Cincinnati, you have really weird customers and even weirder experiences.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2467 on: 17 Apr 2009, 18:46 »

That's odd and kind of amusing to me because I wasn't there.  I imagine I'd be annoyed if it just made more work for me.  At least the rest of your day was all smiles and yay!

Thanks guys for your good vibes.  I went to see my mom and she looked fucking awful.  She's always been skinny, but she looked like a bag of bones and tubes coming out of everywhere.  It was pretty scary.  The doctor says she's going to be okay though, but he still doesn't have a permanent solution to her problem.  She will be going home in 3-4 days, they say.  She's anxious to get out sooner because hospitals suck, but I feel like they're just brushing it off without figuring out what the hell is causing her fucking problem.  Ugh, I hate hospitals.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #2468 on: 17 Apr 2009, 18:52 »

Today, it hit me that your children are like a smaller version of you, doing crazy shit; that's awesome.

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #2469 on: 17 Apr 2009, 19:10 »

I was on the box office at work today, and as I asked one guy for the entry fee, he put it down, held my hand and said "You are so beautiful. Can I stand here for the rest of the night?", to which I replied "you can, but I don't have any drinks here".
"Oh, never mind", and he walked in to the club.

I still don't know what to think, but it gave my manager a good laugh.
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2470 on: 17 Apr 2009, 20:33 »

Hey I'm back

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2471 on: 17 Apr 2009, 22:46 »

Dear Blog Thread,

I present to you, A Rant by Emaline.

Everyone I know has started to date someone, or has met someone, and I am still bitter and alone. This was all fine and dandy, and I used to get really excited for my friends when they met someone, but it has gotten to the point where no one has time to hang out anymore and all I ever hear about is their girlfriends. It is making me positively crazy. And then they come whining to me about their problems. Who the fuck do they think I am to give out relationship advice?? I can't maintain friendships, let alone an actual relationship. All I hear is "whine whine whine I'm getting my dick sucked by someone who cares about me whine whine whine" I slee and eat alone every single night. Friday/Saturday nights I am at home alone reading or playing video games. No one cares about me. I don't feel comfortable enough around anyone to hug them let alone do anything sexual. I really do not care to hear about how much you love to cuddle your girlfriend after you guys have sex, or how much you are getting laid now. I hope she gives you crabs.

And when you guys break up, don't expect me to still be around waiting for you to hang out with me. I obviously wasn't important enough for you to keep around once some girl started sing your d every night. Bros before hoes.

Also, thanks for whining about your stupid girlfriend and ruining my good mood when I was trying to get some art done for a good friend, who has started dating a girl, and never whines to me about her and still talks to me everyday and I am probably going to hang out with him Sunday because he still makes time for me even though he is seeing someone, asshole.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2009, 22:51 by Emaline »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2472 on: 18 Apr 2009, 00:37 »

Hey I'm back
what up

blog thread,

It's a night away from last night (as evidenced by it being last night) and I'm still not sure what I want to do. Went over it with the shrink and he strongly discouraged me from telling my former best friend about how I felt last night. He said that doing so, throwing my feelings out and demanding that she address them, would be just another attempt to attach myself to her, even if I don't realize it. I see his point, I think. He advised a civil, implicit separation, leaving the door open to future contact but putting the ball in her court, so to speak. That seems wise. I doubt I'll be calling her for a good long while.

But anyway. In my distress last night I called my friends (the ones I met through my former best) and left weepy phone messages because, well, that's what you do when you're having an emotional breakdown. So today they called me and insisted that I see them, even though prior to my crisis they had told me they would be busy today.

They got off work or whatever, and I went out to their place, and they brewed me tea and gave me presents that they had bought for me. A kite and a LED-equipped superball and  a number of other children's toys, as well as a t-shirt and a plush robot container to carry it all in. I almost cried. And they let me choose what we were going to watch. So we watched the first 2 episodes of the Wire. I think I'm getting them into it. It's difficult for me to see sometimes how blessed I am.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2473 on: 18 Apr 2009, 01:57 »

Dear blog thread,

Today, I get to go into an Actual Recording Studio and make Actual Recordings of me singing shit from Hair. All the other singers will be on the recordings and this will apparently be the new opening theme for the live shows. LEEEEEEEEEEET THE SUNSHINE IIIIIIIIIN

(also I did not realize my dad was quoting this musical when he made fun of my hair back when it was down to my back, lolz)

Love,
Me!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2474 on: 18 Apr 2009, 05:15 »

Did Jon and I go to a baseball game, come back, and drink beer on his sidewalk whilst rocking out to Metallica and John Williams?

Yeah. But it was slightly more classy than it sounds. And 50 times more awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #2475 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:38 »

Emaline - Nice rant.  I concur on the whole whining about getting oral conversation being annoying.

I get to go to a conference about gaming in the library on Monday.  Hopefully I will get some more cool pointers on how to run events.  So far the retro video game days/tournaments I have held have been very popular but I really want to improve them.  I want people see the library as a viable place for events like this.

Gilead

« Reply #2476 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:51 »

Hey guys I just found out a big portion of my airfare for my trip is getting covered for me, this is awesome news, no more getting anxious about raising the money I need every night.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #2477 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:52 »

It is amazingly beautiful out and I'm going to daytrip on mushrooms today.  I am really excited.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2478 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:55 »

knocked off work, drank with a friend, a dude we met she was getting on with was with a dude who had a win at the pokies long story short whats up I am fucking wasted
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #2479 on: 18 Apr 2009, 07:51 »

Lifes cruel tricks: The guest host on rage says "And this next video is a pagan video, it's a simple video but I like it".

Imagine my disappointment when it turns out to be Pavement.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2480 on: 18 Apr 2009, 08:29 »

Hello all,

I went to St. Andrews for a friend's surprise birthday party and we all surprised her, and there was cake and booze and weed and it was awesome, and I met new people (and a cute girl who is submitting her dissertation proposal and it's going to be on the philosophy behind Lost, and I think that's totally what dissertations should be about, and is kinda rad and awesome) and had an amazing time. We then walked out of town and stayed in an actual house. Like the last three years, and time before that in NY have been all about flats and apartments, and then these guys rent an actual house with a garden and a patio and living room and it's like a place where a family would live. We basically spent the day walking around the suburbs of St. Andrews and hanging out in their garden and basking in the sun and playing with a cat and making bacon and cheese and scrambled egg.

And then we took the bus home, and now I'm home, and now I have to go to the Library and study.

Man, a break was nice, but it so put me out of the mindset of preparing for exams and now I totally don't want to.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2481 on: 18 Apr 2009, 08:54 »

If anyone has been following my posts here, or me last posts in the photo thread, they will understand when I say:

HOLY CRAP, OMG MY GROIN HURTS SO DAMN MUCH AND I HAVE PAINT IN UNCOMFORTABLE PLACES.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2482 on: 18 Apr 2009, 12:00 »

I beat Kenny in basketball twice out of three games today. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you all, but let me tell you about kenny. He is my housemate, and he's got 4 inches and about 15 lbs on me and is an awesome basketball player. We play maybe 10-15 games a week. So out of the 400-500 games we've played i've beaten him 20 times at most. Today I added 2 more :)
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2483 on: 18 Apr 2009, 12:19 »

Man fuck The Wire how'd it get to 3 am? This show is gonna be bad for me because I'm gonna be saying 'motherfucker' a whole lot more, I want to play chess again and I'm gonna be gushing about the damn thing constantly and none of my friends have seen it or in most cases even heard about it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2484 on: 18 Apr 2009, 12:51 »

Man fuck The Wire how'd it get to 3 am? This show is gonna be bad for me because I'm gonna be saying 'motherfucker' a whole lot more, I want to play chess again and I'm gonna be gushing about the damn thing constantly and none of my friends have seen it or in most cases even heard about it.
Do what I did and have a terrible, terrible night.

(this only works if your friends are the sympathetic sort)
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2485 on: 18 Apr 2009, 13:11 »

Dear blag,

10 hour day today, 13 hour day tomorrow, and today I never even recorded shit. Also allergies are fucking my voice up. Yayyyyyyyyyyy!

On the up side, there are still lots of ridiculously cute girls to look at when I am busy not enjoying myself.

Love,
Me!

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2486 on: 18 Apr 2009, 13:40 »

Cleaning an 83 year old typewriter is kinda gross.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #2487 on: 18 Apr 2009, 14:21 »

Replaced the brake pads on my car, found out I didn't need an 8$ tool, so I'm going to return it, grab some brews, and chill out with my bff tonight.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #2488 on: 18 Apr 2009, 14:45 »

What, you mean This Will Destroy You?

This is a joke!

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2489 on: 18 Apr 2009, 14:57 »

AWWWW C'MON F**K POST ROCK, GUY!!
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2490 on: 18 Apr 2009, 15:27 »

Ok, so I'm Semi-Awake now, so I'll just post my report in little snippets, for I do not have the pictures yet.

David says:
5 hours of sleep, 1 meal for the day, at 10 pm, leave for Joker's Wild J'ouvert (Blue paint xD), not knowing HOW I'm even getting home
David says:
Met up with a guy my Fiance' knows in a group called "Soca Junkies" to get a cheap ticket, even though it still took all my money, so no food, and no money to get home
David says:
Also, Shari (Fiance') said she more than likely wasn't coming (I'm still hazy on those details)
David says:
So, I got the ticket, and was walking and talking with Soca Junkie, Neil, until I realized he could have gotten me in free. No biggie, I came out anyways, to help him out with something.

(copy pasted from a convo with Patrick)

While walking with Neil, I met a cute, short, latin female friend of Neil's, named Danielle (I did not find out her name until an hour later when someone asked me her name). The standard for J'ouvert parties would be to carry a plastic bag so as to hold cell phones, and Danielle had one, but Neil didn't so she took his (this will explain something later). So, me and Danielle went in, apparently ahead of Neil, so we spent a while looking for Neil, until we found him and he told us to go closer to the stage. We went, and out of nowhere, Shari jumps me (or rather, jumps on me). This made me happy, for I had Red Bull in my system and was in this for the loooong run.

... I'm not all too sure what happened to Danielle after that, but shortly after getting maynie with Shari and her friends, someone stopped me and offered me paint to throw around (I declined, for I did not want people cussing me so early on when good songs hadn't played yet), and that meant this was going to get wild. Me and Shar headed to the giant inflatable slide, jumped in the paint at the bottom of it, got out and got insane. This, is where I found Danielle again. She was clean. Two minutes and some busted slippers later, and she was not. SOOOOO Wine circle with Danielle and Shar and other girls and guys. THEN THE WINE TRAIN!! AYYYYE WINE PON DI BIG TRUCK!!!

So, this pretty much continued until it was time to roll out for the road march (every body present plus trucks blaring music march/dance/dagga around the whole of New Kgn.- will post Google Map later). I found Danielle again (or she found me and tugged on my shirt) and she said she couldn't find Neil and needed to find him because she still had his phone, so we're on the road and looking for him, and all of a sudden she jumps on my back to look. This would have been fun, if I wasn't in sheer PAIN from the past 6 hours, but it wasn't that bad.

Anyways, I found Shari again, and she decided that since she could keep going longer than the Energizer bunny, she drags me and is wining me for pretty much half of the duration of the 5 mile march, and forcing me to dance with her. Basically, my body was moving, but my mind was far gone. I was so damn tired.

Remember I mentioned I had no idea how I was getting home? Apparently the guy that Shar came with lives up the road from where I was headed, this was good.
So I got out of the car, just far enough to walk and have everyone staring at me because I look like a giant Smurf. Oh, my slippers were still busted. Anyways, I got home, I washed off (most of) the paint, but my feet and nails don't want to give it up, then... I crashed.

And that was my Friday - now.
My Last.FM

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #2491 on: 18 Apr 2009, 15:59 »

I want to move to your awesome country and have awesome fun. :laugh:

So I should go get sleep, and tomorrow me and some friends will walk around the city, on the mountains! I will see if I can get any PIX.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2492 on: 18 Apr 2009, 20:48 »

719999?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2493 on: 18 Apr 2009, 20:48 »

720000!

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2494 on: 18 Apr 2009, 20:52 »

Hey Blog Thread,

I have been sick this week. It's getting better. That's pretty cool I suppose. Also, as of this week I'm officially a music major, so I can look forward to a career in starving to death.

I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2495 on: 18 Apr 2009, 20:59 »

I went to Indianapolis with some friends and I just saw one of the best art shows ever. Like, I was impressed by most of the work shown and while the show had enough pieces that were very different from one another, they all still flowed very well together. It was the kind of show I wouldn't have expected to be shown in Indianapolis at all, but more like a city like New York or Chicago or some other big city with good art. Seriously, my mind was blown. It was just great to actually go to a show where I didn't wander around and go, "Meh!" to everything I passed.

The suburb it was in was the "art and design district" and was very quaint and cute, but all the other galleries in the area we look at were kind of kitschy. My friend Jenn had the best description when she said that this town was "as artsy as a sewing circle." It made us giggle, but it was a nice little spot and the place we had dinner had amazing pizza. It was just overall a fun little road trip.

Now I'm really effing tired and I'm going to bed.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2496 on: 18 Apr 2009, 21:57 »

Today was Record Store Day! It went quite well. We had three bands play, and everything went well! Which was a shock to me. We were supposed to have four, but one band dropped out right after the third band played. And we had a radio station! But that was rather uneventful. I got some pretty neat stuff though. Our store was pretty packed.

Also, the flesh on my chest is all decaying and falling off. While washing it this morning large chunks fell off of it. I currently have portions covered in gauze and neosporin. Apparently I am allergic to adhesive, as in the stuff that keeps bandages stuck to your flesh.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2497 on: 19 Apr 2009, 01:35 »

Have been making plans for the last week to attend an epic gathering of dudes and ladies from work to dance to cheesy gay dance music and get drunk and take lots of drugs, on my way out of work last night it turns out I am needed to work tomorrow morning at 6am when we would just have been stumbling out of the club at about 5am. Will have to be working in a stuffy underground storage space with the head honcho, so I was about to just up and pull out of what is likely to be the most interesting piss fuelled drama magnet work/social event of the season, when I found out the other cellarman I'm going to be working with is going as well and just going straight to work afterwards so that is basically the new plan

To be fair I have decided to leave the pills at home and I can't afford to drink too much so this is actually a pretty responsible decision on my part. The current plan is to buy a four pack of red bull from the servo and get knee-walking drunk on vodka redbulls at home so that I'm sober by about 3 am but still peppy and full of way too much energy which should last me through till 6am when I can get into work and make a coffee.

Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #2498 on: 19 Apr 2009, 02:43 »

I went to sleep at 8 and woke up ten minutes ago (2:30 AM) and I dreamt that my brother found this old badass Fender Cyclone for like $300 and it was coral and it was really fucking awesome and it played like a dream and then I woke up and was piiiiiiissed

>:[
it's time to stop posting

öde

« Reply #2499 on: 19 Apr 2009, 02:47 »

I dreamt that I was being chased by murderers!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 90   Go Up