THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 06:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773626 times)

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2500 on: 19 Apr 2009, 03:47 »

It's 4am and I have not gone to bed yet  :| Normally I wouldn't mind this in the least, but I have no reason to be up right now. I have a ton of work to get tomorrow (today), and before noon at that. I just can't help it lately. I keep saying I'll fix my sleep schedule, but every night come 1am I'm sucked into something fascinating on the internet and I just can't tear myself away. It's starting to interfere with my class attendance.

tl;dr: I f'd up my sleep schedule for no reason and can't seem to fix it.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2501 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:09 »

Today was Record Store Day! It went quite well. We had three bands play, and everything went well! Which was a shock to me. We were supposed to have four, but one band dropped out right after the third band played. And we had a radio station! But that was rather uneventful. I got some pretty neat stuff though. Our store was pretty packed.

Woo, Record Store Day! I saw a really good Boston-area band last night because of such nonsense. And got a some great vinyl.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2502 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:26 »

why do i even bother
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2503 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:26 »

with like, anything

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2504 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:27 »

nothing i do seems to have a positive outcome and instead just leaves me in the same semi-miserable status quo

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2505 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:27 »

alcohol
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2506 on: 19 Apr 2009, 04:33 »

no the worst part is that i'm quite sober

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2507 on: 19 Apr 2009, 05:18 »

He was offering (terrible) advice.

Man fuck The Wire how'd it get to 3 am? This show is gonna be bad for me because I'm gonna be saying 'motherfucker' a whole lot more, I want to play chess again and I'm gonna be gushing about the damn thing constantly and none of my friends have seen it or in most cases even heard about it.
Do what I did and have a terrible, terrible night.

(this only works if your friends are the sympathetic sort)

I don't think any of my friends would be nearly so accommodating. Or maybe they would but there are a bunch of things I'd do before calling them, a couple of which would render me unable to call anyone (for example: drinking heavily).

On a different note (no, really) I'm all out of gin and I need a new variety to try. Something less citrusy and less dark maybe. I wish I could open bottles to smell them at the bottle store.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Gilead

« Reply #2508 on: 19 Apr 2009, 05:31 »

Johnny you are a good person and you make good things.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2509 on: 19 Apr 2009, 05:39 »

He was offering (terrible) advice.

Well, yeah. Did you ever see my golf advice thread?

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2510 on: 19 Apr 2009, 05:44 »

That thing roughly halved my handicap.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2511 on: 19 Apr 2009, 06:19 »

Man, I would be thoroughly surprised if anyone got ANY decent advice out of that thread, besides Gemm's tips on stretching.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2512 on: 19 Apr 2009, 09:38 »

nothing i do seems to have a positive outcome and instead just leaves me in the same semi-miserable status quo

You do realise it is possible to have a positive impact on the world without realising it right? I'm just trying to say that you are a solid dude and solid dudes are in short supply and if you start acting like a cunt just because the big picture is impossible to see all at once, it will be a tragedy for dude kind.

So blog thread tonight was an excellent night, danced and did shots with a bunch of my friends, sang the June Cleaver part of Jackson by Johnny Cash with one at karaoke, then we went clubbing and then I kissed a pretty girl a bunch of times and I am so fucking glad most of my friends are pretty girls with their heads screwed on right who want to see me get laid because I would never have a hope in hell with women without them because I am a hopeless dork.

In fact the most amazing thing about tonight is that it was the best night out I've had in a while, VIRTUALLY SOBER. I mean I did a few pretty  intense shots and shotgunned a double rum and coke early on in the night but jesus man considering the guy I am meant to be working with at 6 am couldn't figure out that this woman was transgender, I'm feeling PRETTY FUCKING SENSIBLE right now. Honestly, I'm feeling really good about myself that I managed to have such a good time without getting shitfaced.

Came home early because everyone I was out with wound up going back to the place I work at, where I have to be at work in 3 hours but I am still wired enough I can hold out till some sweet sweet caffeine later on.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 09:53 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2513 on: 19 Apr 2009, 09:43 »

Johnny, don't be sad! I have met you twice and you are pretty much the best dude! So you should probably come hang out again so you are not a giant sad pants because it is just no fun when you don't like yourself.

Cheer up plastic cup!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2514 on: 19 Apr 2009, 09:49 »

For serious, Johnny, you are a pretty great guy. You're one of my favorite posters.

So, my skin isn't dying so much anymore, thankfully. Just one night of neosporin and gauze, and it already looks amazingly better.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2515 on: 19 Apr 2009, 10:03 »

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

You have kissed a pretty girl from work in a nightclub that you have been sweet on for a while. Said girl found your "I need some way to stay awake for two hours or I will fall asleep and not go to work and get fired" line (I don't consider this a line however and consider it a valid argument) incredibly endearing but didn't want to just ditch her friends to come home with me because of gossips or some crap.

TO SEND THE PRETTY GIRL A TEXT MESSAGE IMPLYING SHE SHOULD COME AROUND AFTERWARDS, TURN TO PAGE 25

TO BE A COMPLETE WUSS AND JUST LEAVE IT BECAUSE IF A WOMAN DID NOT IMMEDIATELY DROP WHAT SHE WAS DOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU SHE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED, GOD WHO WOULD ACTUALLY WANT TO SLEEP WITH A USELESS IDIOT LIKE YOU, TURN TO PAGE 74

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2516 on: 19 Apr 2009, 10:05 »

oh god oh god where is page 25 SOMEBODY GET ME A FUCKING THIMBLE

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2517 on: 19 Apr 2009, 10:31 »

Brett you are easily one of my favorite posters right now.

Johnny, you are a good person. You are well versed in different subjects also.

Guys, last time I got a tattoo, I remember it hurting more. I got three done and I'm feeling virtually nothing except for tons of awesome. Today I help someone move and we get free furniture. Next sunday I help the Master of my school move, and, we get free weapons and weapon racks. Yes!

EDIT UPDATE: If you tell someone that you are going to help them Sunday morning at around 11am, maybe you should go to sleep before 7am, knowing that you'll want to get between 5 and 8 hours of sleep? Especially since you know that you generally make up for all the sleep that you don't get Friday and Saturday on Sunday? Maybe that'd be a good use of time management skills?
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 10:57 by PantsFTW »
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2518 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:10 »

You do realise it is possible to have a positive impact on the world without realising it right? I'm just trying to say that you are a solid dude and solid dudes are in short supply and if you start acting like a cunt just because the big picture is impossible to see all at once, it will be a tragedy for dude kind.

dudes i know i mean i ain't gonna break my guitar and close my account and start hurling infants out of my station wagon or whatever, it's just there are some nights when you come home and the world is frozen in perfect dusky stillness and the air has a crisp early spring chill and in the dim glow of the streetlights you can just make out the shapes of the birds sitting in the tree on your front lawn and you desperately want them to shut the fuck up

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2519 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:13 »

I do that too. Though, it's mostly because they nest outside my window are are chirpy fucking bastards at like 5AM.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2520 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:24 »

on the plus side i guess my xbox is fixed and on the way back

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2521 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:28 »

I found out today that I get to spend next weekend with my best friend who I haven't seen in 6 months. I am super happy about this.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2522 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:51 »

Pants, man, your complaints sound like you are talking about me.

My aunt was supposed to help me move. It was supposed to be early this morning, 11am-ish. I didn't get out of bed until 10:30. And nothing is packed. Basically, I am a lazy bum.

And it was pouring down rain. My front yard is still a mud pit  from when they dug it up. We can't park cars on it, let alone my aunt's huge truck. And I am not dragging my bed through the mud. Plus most of my furniture is wooden, and I didn't want it out in the rain.

(I am lazy! I know it. I rescheduled for next weekend.)

Linds, that is totally a great plan. I hung out with my best friend, who I haven't really hung out with in forever, this past Friday. It was awesome. She super brightened up my life.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #2523 on: 19 Apr 2009, 12:08 »

Blog thread, my dad got married yesterday and I forgot all about it. Called him today and was all "yeah, I didn't want to disturb you on your big day, so I waited till now to call."

But the point is, my dad got married and I forgot it. I am the worst daughter, please don't tell him.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Metope

« Reply #2524 on: 19 Apr 2009, 12:09 »

If Jens comes in here all "Fuuuuck that was yesterday?!" he'll make my day.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2525 on: 19 Apr 2009, 13:00 »

dudes i know i mean i ain't gonna (*snip*) start hurling infants out of my station wagon or whatever

This might make you feel better actually, especially if they are the birds that won't shut their whore mouths.

Kris there are so many reasons you are still not the worst person in the world. Me intentionally ignoring my dad's wedding anniversary is one of them. To be fair, it's his fault for scheduling his wedding 2 days before my sister's birthday. I also just plain hate his cunt of a wife. So yeah you're still a decent person.

Dear blog,

I recorded my little piece of the song. I only got the second half of verse 2 from "Let The Sunshine In" as well as the massive choral ending, but my piece, pathetic in comparison to the other dudes' pieces, is probably the best-sounding out of all of them. I am pleased!

Love,
Me!

Also apparently my girlfriend apparently bought a short dress and fishnets and uhhhh now I want to leave the show more than ever because UNFFFFFFF
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2526 on: 19 Apr 2009, 13:11 »

Linds, that is totally a great plan. I hung out with my best friend, who I haven't really hung out with in forever, this past Friday. It was awesome. She super brightened up my life.

I know, I'm super stoked. She lives out in Illinois and I've just been kind of moping lately because I really miss her and I know she does the same, so it'll be really great for the both of us. Plus that means if I do get my ears pierced next weekend, she can come with me and tell me not to be scared or silly. c:

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #2527 on: 19 Apr 2009, 14:05 »

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

You have kissed a pretty girl from work in a nightclub that you have been sweet on for a while. Said girl found your "I need some way to stay awake for two hours or I will fall asleep and not go to work and get fired" line (I don't consider this a line however and consider it a valid argument) incredibly endearing but didn't want to just ditch her friends to come home with me because of gossips or some crap.

TO SEND THE PRETTY GIRL A TEXT MESSAGE IMPLYING SHE SHOULD COME AROUND AFTERWARDS, TURN TO PAGE 25

TO BE A COMPLETE WUSS AND JUST LEAVE IT BECAUSE IF A WOMAN DID NOT IMMEDIATELY DROP WHAT SHE WAS DOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU SHE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED, GOD WHO WOULD ACTUALLY WANT TO SLEEP WITH A USELESS IDIOT LIKE YOU, TURN TO PAGE 74

From now on, when I reflect on a day just past, I will adopt this perspective. Winner.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2528 on: 19 Apr 2009, 14:41 »

Jens. Turn on skype, pick up that gee-tar, and serenade me with beautiful Okkervil River songs.

Now.
Liz is touching me.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2529 on: 19 Apr 2009, 14:46 »

You should actually keep the xbox box incase you need to send it back, it's very handy for that.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2530 on: 19 Apr 2009, 14:50 »

Dear blogbombers,

Retreat! Retreat! is an awesome song.

That is all.

(It's not: today the weather was the best. I spent three hours napping in the park. Then I went to do productive things like study in the bibliotheek, and now I'm finishing an essay on team work and how my team sucked thirteen massive dicks).
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2531 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:41 »

Also apparently my girlfriend apparently bought a short dress and fishnets and uhhhh now I want to leave the show more than ever because UNFFFFFFF

Patrick, I started a thread for you.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2532 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:42 »

It's missing a string and goes out of tune if I play a chord. Besides I am going to bed now so I won't just fall asleep when I am supposed to be throwing all that shit out after school tomorrow.

EXCUSES.
Liz is touching me.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2533 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:42 »

WAYS TO CHEER YOUSELF UP IF YOU FEELIN BLUE

• visit a library to get copy of Ulysses for exam on Tuesday cause where'd your copy go? Oh hey Drawn & Quarterly books, what's up Kundera, ah! hello de Bergerac. What a magic place
  • visit a record store for TAPE SCORES. Get a copy of Please Don't Hurt Em Hammer and force yourself to put down vinyl copy of a record by Klymaxx based on cover & band name alone! Drive home with the windows in the station wagon down and listen to a late 90s pop-punk comp from SoCal!
  • holy shit this Bulk Barn place is selling party mix for $0.64/100g, i can drown my sorrows in preztels and corn chips and NO GET AWAY FROM THE BIN OF BULK RINGOLOS

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2534 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:49 »

It's missing a string and goes out of tune if I play a chord.

So? - just be avant-garday.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2535 on: 19 Apr 2009, 16:04 »

Now the great challenge consists of sneaking the entire "don't keep" pile out of the house without my mother wanting to dig through it because she will take every single thing, stare at it for five minutes and go "aaaaww we can't throw that away, that was the cardboard box your xbox 360 came in, it might come in handy some day" and then two hours later go into a fit about how the house is always messy. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. YOU CAN'T KEEP EVERYTHING EVER AND STILL HAVE A TIDY HOUSE.

Just get a blow torch and dispose of it with some controlled burns.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2536 on: 19 Apr 2009, 16:06 »

It's missing a string and goes out of tune if I play a chord.

The string bit is easy. Just buy a new set. 5 euros. Make sure they're the same size as the ones you've got on there (I'd recommend 10-46 if you've never adjusted anything on your guitar at all, since that is factory standard for the overwhelming majority of brands).

That could also be part of problem number 2 for you. It's a newbie mistake, very common. If you use a different gauge of string, your intonation gets fucked in the neck. If you like a bigger or smaller size than the factory standard, there is material HERE (in eye-melting Web 1.0 form) for figuring out how to re-intonate your bridge (key: flat = too low, sharp = too high).

(thank you Eris, that is basically THE THREAD until I get back up to Alaska)
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #2537 on: 19 Apr 2009, 17:21 »

Guys! I got 100% on my English Mid-Term! Although I am completely baffled on how a four page essay about culture that used a quote from a Jawbreaker song is the only one that got 100% in my entire grade. Maybe my teachers are crazy. Oh well. Also this entire week is going to be extremely fun since it will be the last time I have to perform my plays (actual performances this week). Then on Friday, extremely awesome cast party. Last semester I didn't go home for two days.

One more thing. Yesterday I found the perfect way to relax. I went out, bought new earbuds (the best I've ever owned), ate some Yam Fries, then relaxed and listened to a bunch of Henry Rollins' comedy albums (A Rollins in the Wry is my favorite). It was fantastic when ended with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #2538 on: 19 Apr 2009, 17:50 »

I just took one of the top five best dumps of my life.

Shane gave me a standing ovation when I left the bathroom and announced as much.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2539 on: 19 Apr 2009, 18:15 »

My brother-in-law is pretty awesome. He just gave 5 plastic bags full of cool clothes. He also gave me contact high. Soon after I went to a friends and started to play with their coffee pot, making it talk.

It was a good day.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2540 on: 19 Apr 2009, 19:30 »

Patrick it also just sounds like shit and I'd much rather play my Epiphone Les Paul

Blog Thread: I went to bed a few hours ago. Suddenly my cell phone started ringing and I picked it up and it was a friend of mine who is a russ this year. I asked him why he was calling me at 2 in the morning, and he answered that he was really hungry and didn't have any food and was camping in a roundabout roughly one kilometre from my house and asking if could I please bring him some food, man, please, I'm starving here and I don't want to die of hunger in a roundabout. So I got out of bed and made him a couple of cheese sandwiches with tomatoes and ham and made it real nice and spicy and grilled it up so he wouldn't be hungry. I put on clothes and went over to the roundabout and there he was, sitting by a campfire in a roundabout with some friends of him. His friends were grilling sausages and hamburgers. In a roundabout. At two in the morning. I gave him the cheese sandwiches and a yoghurt and he said thanks and then ignored me, and then I went home.

tl;dr I got up at 2 in the morning to make cheese sandwiches for a dude that barely acknowledged my existence while his friends were grilling food two fucking feet away. This is my life.
So why'd you give him?

@Obsessions, that is one of the funniest things I've read all day.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2541 on: 19 Apr 2009, 21:07 »

It's funny until you smell the bathroom after he finishes.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2542 on: 19 Apr 2009, 21:25 »

Oh god what the hell am I going to do about my problems

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2543 on: 19 Apr 2009, 21:31 »

WAYS TO CHEER YOUSELF UP IF YOU FEELIN BLUE

• visit a library to get copy of Ulysses for exam on Tuesday cause where'd your copy go? Oh hey Drawn & Quarterly books, what's up Kundera, ah! hello de Bergerac. What a magic place
  • visit a record store for TAPE SCORES. Get a copy of Please Don't Hurt Em Hammer and force yourself to put down vinyl copy of a record by Klymaxx based on cover & band name alone! Drive home with the windows in the station wagon down and listen to a late 90s pop-punk comp from SoCal!
  • holy shit this Bulk Barn place is selling party mix for $0.64/100g, i can drown my sorrows in preztels and corn chips and NO GET AWAY FROM THE BIN OF BULK RINGOLOS

I don't understand what any of these mean ADVICE RATED ** TWO STARS OUT OF FIVE (I bumped it up from one star because it was a rollercoaster thrill ride of WORDS)

Also on a postive note, our night out last night might be responsible for a  suspension on all staff being allowed to come in to drink on their nights off, regardless of if they're working the next day or not. That sounds really bad but it is part of a long proud tradition of the cellarman basically being utter piss wrecks and ruining it for everyone else. Now I know the head cellarman is down as fuck. (I already knew this but this was kind of like the official announcement) this is the guy who was lying in a cold room moaning "WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF", when half an hour later I had to talk him out of going to a toga party tonight when he has ANOTHER six am shift tomorrow.

PS saw a dude in a QC shirt in the Queen Street Mall today and I think we had one of those weird mutual looks you get when you meet another dude wearing a webcomic tshirt, then I shot him the guns and holstered them and pretended one of them had gone off in the holster and shot me in the leg but he had already walked past me by that point WHY DO YOU GOTTA WALK SO FAST TOTAL STRANGER
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 21:40 by Hat »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2544 on: 19 Apr 2009, 22:40 »

Once upon a time, I was on the floor, behind the counter, at work looking for something, when I glanced up and saw a dude wearing a Roast Beef hoodie. I jumped up quickly, which I think scared him because he didn't see me, which made me all awkward, so I quickly said "nice achewood hoodie! Its my favorite comic!" He looked perplexed, so I quickly ducked back down to the floor.

Somebody make my chest stop falling apart and decaying and OHMYFUCKINGGOD MAKE IT STOP ITCHING. It looks terrible right now. It is dying. I am dying. My chest looks like a god damn zombie got to it. I look like I've been shot in the heart because I've got a god damn piece of gauze taped to the middle of my chest.

FUCK YOU ADHESIVE, FUCK YOU.

Also, Cursive show Friday. My choices of concert going buddies include my gay friend, who is usually a downer, but was enjoyable to be around at the last concert we went to together, except when he started a fight, or a guy I do not really know, but who I can probably get drunk and sleep with, which sounds pretty appealing right now.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #2545 on: 19 Apr 2009, 22:44 »

I had a fucking awesome weekend!

Friday, after work:
5:00-6:30 -  hang out after work and smoke blunt with friends
7:30-12:30  - Attend fantastic event called the Open Mind Salon.  Basically a friendly guy has started a monthly discussion group at his house in Philly, and he invites a bunch of people and a different speaker each month to have an open discussion on some interesting topic (which, I gather, is generally associated with psychedelics and/or consciousness-related nerdery).  This month the speaker was Dr. Neal Goldsmith, an extremely interesting, accomplished, and capable psychologist who happens to be one of the most vocal proponents of psychedelics currently in academia.  He was wonderful to listen to and discuss with, and I reconnected with a party friend from the last Burning-Man-related event I attended and met a pretty girl who also happened to be really cool and offered her number to me.  Winner.
1:00-4:00 - Attend neighborhood party with co-worker, take care of her tripping-and-nauseous boyfriend, crash at Pi Lam (my old on-campus house).

Saturday:
8:15 - Wake up on couch (for some reason), walk to Clark Park festival/flea market, talk to a pretty jewelry maker who sold me a pendant a while ago, and pick up an Alan Watts book.
9:00-11:30 - Hang out at home, shower, internet.  Go back to campus.
12:30 - Eat strawberry/banana/psilocybin mushroom smoothies with friends.
1:00-3:30 - Trip very nicely in beautiful weather, hang out with tripping kids who are impressed by how "in tune" and "relaxed" I am (heh), dance to Shpongle, enjoy self thoroughly.
3:30-6:00 - Return to Clark Park festival, have pretty jewelry girl fix said pendant with new clasp, run into friends, enjoy weather some more, return to campus, hang out, munch on carrots and coffee cake, have refreshingly comfortable conversation with friends I am attracted to and who are not attracted to me.  Come down from mushrooms very smoothly.
7:00-10:00 - Visit a couple of older friends who treat me to homemade fries, mussels, scallops, and fantastic pot brownies.
11:00-1:00 - Attend crushingly good Acid Mothers Temple concert, stoned out of my fucking gourd.  Get balls-awesome poster and T-shirt.
2:00-3:00 - Receive fantastic blowjob, have excellent sex, cuddle, fall asleep.

Today (Sunday):
12:30-1:30 - Wake up, have sex, go back to sleep.
4:30-6:30 - Wake up again, cuddle, talk, and shower with girl, invite girl to my parents' for dinner.
7:30-9:00 - Have delicious dinner, walk girl back to her place.
9:30-12:00 - Smoke spliff and play Magic with friend.
12:30-now - Internet, sleep.

I win at life this weekend, I guess.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 22:59 by onewheelwizzard »
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2546 on: 19 Apr 2009, 23:05 »

Is it bad that I've still not been interested in reading Achewood?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2547 on: 19 Apr 2009, 23:11 »

God I'm so fucking itchy!!!  I woke up yesterday with a few bug bites on my legs.... hmm, I'm the only one in the house with bites, so maybe it was an irritable spider?  I'm not convinced.  On my legs, at this moment, are 14 fucking  bites.  They are swollen and red and itchy as all fuck.  Faye has started scratching, too.  I'm scared to think it might be bed bugs.  What I've read is giving me mixed hopes.   The way they look seems like it could be, but the fact that there are SO fucking many of them at once contradicts some things I read.  I guess they only need to feed like every 2 weeks, and I have been bombarded with irritation.  All I know is that now that I have the idea of bugs in my bed in my head, I can't sleep at all.  I can feel them crawling on me, in my head!  It's creepy and itchy and I"m tired and grumpy and just want to go to sleep but grr! *scratch scratch scratch*   If it IS a bed bug, where the HELL did it come from?  Why is it only MY room with the problem?  Maybe it is a spider thing and they're attracted to the lotion I've been wearing lately?  I dunno.  I'm gonna hope it's spiders, not wear my lotion tomorrow, wash my sheets (double check the mattress for bed bug evidence anyway), and get some frickin calamine lotion.  This fucking blows.  
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2548 on: 19 Apr 2009, 23:21 »

I don't understand what any of these mean ADVICE RATED ** TWO STARS OUT OF FIVE (I bumped it up from one star because it was a rollercoaster thrill ride of WORDS)

it means read a book and buy some music and then eat 200g of party mix you bought from a place that somehow also sells apple butter in bulk

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2549 on: 19 Apr 2009, 23:37 »

I had a really nice day.

I got invited out hiking with some classmates, which was a slightly depressing experience in that I realized everyone else but me in my program (which I've been in 7 months) has been socializing with each other before now, basically, but mostly it was really nice because (1) the place is absolutely gorgeous, (2) my boyfriend's friends are all nice guys but sometimes I get tired of a social life that consists of smoking weed and playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and (3) I really do like these women and enjoy talking with them and would like someday to consider them friends.

I worry sometimes, though, because they speak with such a bizarre mix of maternal concern and head-shaking disdain of the eighteen-year-old freshmen they're teaching, and I can only assume that for some reason they seem to have accepted me as different from those freshmen?  It helps to remember that adults are nothing like middle schoolers and most of them are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and nobody is going to be--none of them want to be--mean.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 90   Go Up