THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 11:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773974 times)

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2650 on: 23 Apr 2009, 11:13 »

I have noticed that every elder person I know says that 17 was the best year of their life, and I can't disagree too much. 

When I was 17, I remember feeling really depressed at this statement. 17 wasn't all that good for me (not particularly bad, mind you, but not great) and the idea that that was the peek of my enjoyment of life was really sad. Fortunately, every year since 17 has been better then 17. Also fortunately, most of my favorite old people, the ones who seem to be the best at enjoying their lives and serving the world, assure me that life keeps getting better as you get older.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2651 on: 23 Apr 2009, 11:21 »

Yeah, I think 16 was my best year.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #2652 on: 23 Apr 2009, 11:39 »

AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK HARVARD?!?! YOU USED TO HAVE A CHICK-FIL-A AND YOU ACTUALLY GOT RID OF IT?!?!

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2653 on: 23 Apr 2009, 11:46 »

man, last night i took the starter out of my car but in the dusky darkness and my sleep deprived state i didn't notice that it might have just come unplugged. so i might have done a bunch of work for nothing! woo! i guess we'll find out when i go get it tested later.  :|
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2654 on: 23 Apr 2009, 14:27 »

Blog Thread,

Today I bought a kickass baggy old man's watch for £3 from a charity shop. It needs a new battery and maybe one link taken out of it because it keeps threatening to fall off my wrist, but otherwise, it's awesome.

Also, I bought a hat for my Jet Girl costume, and it is rad. I've been wearing it for a few hours and it smells sooooo bad, because it's made out of that rubber that they make halloween masks from, but I don't care 'cause it looks awesome. I need to get up early and finish making bits for my costume tomorrow before work. Namely, a belt buckle that says JET out of a cereal box and tin foil. Yessss.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2655 on: 23 Apr 2009, 14:40 »

blog: up until this point, i have made either all As or all As and one B every semester. there's about a 95% chance that i'll come out with 3 Bs and 3 As for this semester. the reason for this is that my 3 best friends are all interning locally and therefore never have any homework to do once they get home from work which has led to me not doing assignments because why should i have to do work when no one else is, huh?

i have been incredibly irresponsible and am just now realizing that there are actually consequences from repeatedly blowing off schoolwork. SURPRISE. i've been trying to tell myself that it's okay to not have perfect grades but that is not really working because i know i could have done better if i had actually bothered to put any effort in. but it's too late now. god why am i such an idiot.

also i am doing research with one of my professors this summer and i feel completely incompetent and underqualified and what am i even DOING here i don't even like my major anymore what am i going to do with my LIFE i just want to stop being so tense and stressed it is making me physically sick.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2656 on: 23 Apr 2009, 14:49 »

Dear diary

Morning: stupid birds

Noon: stupid brain maked me thing its wednesday but it was Thursday.

Evening: Stupid monkeys of Parliament making new stupid taxes.

Now: Stupid bed keeps tempting me with its soft pillows and cuddly toys...

oh well could be worst.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2657 on: 23 Apr 2009, 14:57 »

I have noticed that every elder person I know says that 17 was the best year of their life,

Not me.  I could say 22 (last year at uni), because it was the one time I was utterly free; but actually so much of my life has contained fabulous things (different at different times, of course) that I can't really say any age was best, or even that any was less good (well, maybe the year leading up to my divorce - but there was still good stuff even then).

Labelling like this is a waste of time at best, and harmful at worst.  Forget it; go out, have fun.

EDIT:
my variable avatar came up (for me) as a picture of me at age 17 when I wrote this...  Actually, it is  a favourite picture.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2009, 14:59 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2658 on: 23 Apr 2009, 15:13 »

I can't have fun though!  Not without things that I so desperately need!

paul what is it with you and your wisdom

In any case I appreciate the advice, but I'm not really trying to say anything about my age.  That was there to emphasize the fact that you don't really have to do much your 17th year.  I have put off a lot of this stuff long enough.  I just think that these are things I need to do before I go any further with my life. 

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #2659 on: 23 Apr 2009, 16:09 »

"youth is a series of ridiculous mistaktes looked at from a long distance by the old"

Of course I may be wrong, but 16/17 weren't good years for me and I am improving year on year.

Cleaned the house today, did some dusing, cleaning and general tidying, went to the gym and made myself scampi and chips while it was sunny outside... today has been a damn good day.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2660 on: 23 Apr 2009, 16:18 »

I just think that these are things I need to do before I go any further with my life.

And nothing wrong with any of them.  My circumstances at your age were so different (1960s, UK, boarding school, no concept  of romance) that any comparitive comments I could make are not likely to be relevant in any detail.  But it is always true that to have positive aims, and to make some progress towards them, can only be good for your own life and hence also for your relationships.  By "some progress" I mean that getting some way but not the whole way (yet) is not failure, but a stage of success.  Aim for confidence without cockiness, and life will be good in the end.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2661 on: 23 Apr 2009, 20:33 »

Dear Blog Thread,

So today was the annual battle of the bands at NDSU, held outside because it was a gorgeous 75F and pleasantly breezy. Naturally I forgot about using sunblock and now I have some nice sunburn going, mostly on my left arm/shoulder, though there is a bit on my right arm. My face escaped because my moisturizer has SPF 15 in it, but noooooo. Arms are hot and itchy.

*sigh*
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #2662 on: 23 Apr 2009, 21:37 »

Dear blog thread,

Yesterday was our first evening night performance. My principal stood up afterward and made a speech. He cried. Also I met my best friend's sister. She is hella cute. Tonight was our final performance. We are finished and I can finally sleep. Thank god.

Also I bombed a physics final today, why am I not good at deriving equations for use in centripetal force equations? It is crazy.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #2663 on: 23 Apr 2009, 23:44 »

People saying that 17 is the best year of their life makes me fucking depressed. :|
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2664 on: 24 Apr 2009, 00:05 »

Dear blog thread,

Wednesday fucking sucked. One of my best friends on the show got eliminated and now he has to go back to Kosovo. The guy is basically the raddest dude even on the show, and he got eliminated due to lack of audience votes. Fucking shitty.

As a sort of "Hey at least the bullshit is over" celebration gesture, he invited me and a bunch of the other actually-rad contestants over to his apartment (which he shares with another of said rad contestants). We got drunk and jammed and most of us stayed the night.

As a result, though, I wound up sharing a bed (no fluids, but that doesn't ease my conscience) with the chick from Macedonia. And there was much cuddling and tickling and holding of hands. Which carried over into the next day, when we all hung out before taping the show yesterday. Now, keep in mind, I still haven't told my girl about the FIRST time I messed around with another girl. Which was only the day before the sleepover thing. This is Bad.

This is not improving at all and I think the girl whose dress my hand invaded is starting to fall for me. Which is also Bad.

Love,
Me

P.S. man my 17th year was fucking SHIT, whoever tells people "omg da best" is a goddamn liar.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #2665 on: 24 Apr 2009, 00:28 »

Oh man Pat, I'm sitting here trying not to be morbidly fascinated with your situation, because I know that must be super sucky. Like... I don't want to be one of those losers who is all "hey I totally know how you feel, you know this one time...". But basically you keep seriously reminding me of my senior year of high school. I had a super serious girlfriend at another school, and over the course of the year I basically developed a circle of girls who I would just hang out with and flirt with all day. And I am so not proud of this, even though at the time I was too caught up in everything to care. The fact that you already feel bad about it is a good thing. It means that while you are conflicted, you are still trying to think with your big head. My situation eventually led to me cheating on my (now almost-fiancee) girlfriend. Much too long after the fact, I told her the whole story, and much crying and drama was to be had by all. But the fact is, this show is not going to last forever. It is going to end, and you are going to go back home, and you are going to see the girl who has been missing you this whole time, and things are going to be awesome. And... face it, hot, flirty girls are a terrible thing to do to a man, and there will be moments when you can't help yourself. You are straining at an inhuman level here, and I, for one, am proud of you. I really hope you don't let this stuff go too far before you can see your girl again, and be reminded why it was worth it.

tl;dr: This one time in high school I was a total dick, and I would like you to learn from my stupidity.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2666 on: 24 Apr 2009, 01:06 »

Dear Patrick,

I now have read a lot of your entries and I wonder what is it that is keeping you in that contest. There seem to be a lot of things that suck. I assume that you are not being forced to stay in the race. So what's keeping you there?

Best wishes,

Gavin.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2667 on: 24 Apr 2009, 01:45 »

As far as I can gather while I don't think he is being explicitly forced to stay in the competition he is under pretty heavy coercion.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2668 on: 24 Apr 2009, 03:01 »

Dovey's got it. It's kindof a PR thing for the U.S. Embassy here. If that wasn't the case, I could get rid of my stress by doing one or both of the things I am holding back from. First would be to be a dick about everything that pissed me off (fuuuuuck this is hard to keep from doing). Second would be to quit in a massive outburst of anger and the possible targeted launching of burning excrement.

SirJuggles, basically what the deal is is that if I win (from what I've come to understand), I have to spend most of my summer recording and promoting a packaged bullshit pop album (which I assume will be mostly in Albanian). Which wouldn't be all that bad if I could wrangle artistic control of at least the production and song choice/order arrangement, including being able to slip some originals in and all that shit. So if I win, it's longer than just the next two months. And it's already been nearly a year's worth of relationship with maybe 2 months of together time.

Still, that absolutely doesn't justify me being a shitbag boyfriend. So I am kindof at a loss for what to do. The best thing I can think to do right now is to tell her how I fucked up, accept the fact that it is a major breach of her trust, and try to have the both of us move on and still be decent people to each other. I mean, I care about the girl a lot. I just can't handle this shit anymore, and there seems to be no permanent solution to the problem of keeping us together long-term.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2669 on: 24 Apr 2009, 03:31 »

Okay, well, if you feel obliged than I can't really say anything else then good luck and i hope you win/get voted out soon. Whichever takes your fancy.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2670 on: 24 Apr 2009, 04:01 »

Blog Thread!

My crafty skills are impressive. I was highly influenced by Neil Buchanan and Art Attack when I was a kid, I guess this is the result.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2671 on: 24 Apr 2009, 04:07 »

Patrick, as someone who has been cheated on, here is my opinion.  If you want to work things out with your current gf, tell her what you did and work past it.  If not, do not tell her.  Seriously.  If you break up and she knows you cheated, she's going to think it's all her fault and get seriously depressed and it's not worth her trouble.  i realize it would ease your conscience and all, but I know I'd rather have someone say "hey, it's not working out" than "oh hey, i fooled around with this other chick so I don't think we should work at this anymore."  I'm probably very wrong and honesty is the best and blah blah blah, but that's just my take on it.  I wouldn't want to know.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2672 on: 24 Apr 2009, 04:11 »

Neil Buchanan and Art Attack when I was a kid

THAT'S AN ART ATTACK

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2673 on: 24 Apr 2009, 06:11 »

Bloggeroo

Today I saw someone with a prettiest Isopod hand bag. I gave her a thumbs up, but she ignored me.

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

benji

« Reply #2674 on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:11 »

Patrick, as someone who has been cheated on, here is my opinion.  If you want to work things out with your current gf, tell her what you did and work past it.  If not, do not tell her.  Seriously.  If you break up and she knows you cheated, she's going to think it's all her fault and get seriously depressed and it's not worth her trouble.  i realize it would ease your conscience and all, but I know I'd rather have someone say "hey, it's not working out" than "oh hey, i fooled around with this other chick so I don't think we should work at this anymore."  I'm probably very wrong and honesty is the best and blah blah blah, but that's just my take on it.  I wouldn't want to know.

I don't know. I understand what you're saying, and I might agree if he were still seeing his girlfriend regularly, but the primary problem is the distance and the cheating is really just a symptom of that. I feel like it would be easier to handle if he was cheating. "I'm finding it hard to stay faithful when you're so far away and it's been so long since we've seen each other" seems like a valid reason to break up that's really not her fault. "I just don't think this is working out" seems like it would leave her wondering what she should have done better to make it work out.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #2675 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:04 »

Patrick for quite a while I felt sorry for your plight, but now I put it into a bit of perspective
1) you're in a forign country, something that no matter how bad the content of the trip was, someday you'll look back and think "hey that was pretty damn cool."  2) I assume this thing you're doing has some form of prize money at the end of it which you're in the running for, not to mention the 15 mintures of fame that will come after it which you're pretty much gurrenteed prize or no. 3) you have a girl back in home who cares enough about you to go into a long distance relationship with you 4) you have, from the way you tell it, girls throwing themselves at you.
Now while, this situation is by no means ideal I'm pretty sure there are worse things out there.

Patrick feel free to ignore me because I just needed to rant at someone because... well I guess this is the bit where it turns into my blog

As a few of you may know I'm acting and have a technical/authority role in a production of Midsummer night's dream. The show opens this thrusday so I'm just a tad stressed. Add to the that that as the production manager it is my job to act as gobetween for the director and all the other non acting people (ie costume design, set design) and I have tried to contact to set designer, I have sent two texts, called twice - both times being sent through to message, left him a voice message and tried to email him, but I still have no assureance that he will be at tomorr todays production meeting, and who's the one who's going to cop the shit if he's not there? me. on the other hand neither of the directors have had anything positive to say about my acting and the fact that I'm in a cast of truely awesome actors means my ever fragile ego is on the verge of shattering. None of this is helped by the fact that the girl I've been known to whinge about in gabbly of late is the costume designer (basic rundown I'm into her, she doesnt' date nice guys Abloo bloo bloo, whinge whine, shut-the-fuck-up-phil) and while we've agreed and are at least desplaying outwardly that we're- good ol -' 'just friends' it's really not that easy for me especially in this supposed thing that I'm her boss.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2676 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:27 »

Patrick stay the course ain't no point switchin' horses mid-stream.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2677 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:37 »

Man I wish I was four people right now. I could be, like, Franz Ferdinand, or Ladytron, or Sonic Youth with, uuh, Warren Ellis, or like a barber shop quartet.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #2678 on: 24 Apr 2009, 09:01 »

Blog:

I just helped a patron with a reference question and I noted she was lucky that we had exactly what she needed.

She thanked me by saying something about like "May the one who controls the random fate help you too" or something.  Those weren't the words at all but the gist behind it was that since I helped her find something fortuitous she hoped I in turn would get good karma.

Dammit.  I wish I remembered what she said.  It was kinda cool.

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2679 on: 24 Apr 2009, 09:10 »

Gemmwah:  That is an excellent aviator helmet.  How'd you make it?

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2680 on: 24 Apr 2009, 11:44 »

Also I bombed a physics final today, why am I not good at deriving equations for use in centripetal force equations? It is crazy.

See, when people say 'bombed' to me it implies you did really well on it. Therefore this left me a little confused for a moment.

EDIT: to make this post a bit more meaningful

I got appointed Head of Design for Freshair, which is Edinburgh's student radio station! Woohoo! I have also been spending every day in the library with the intent of studying but instead walking through the books and picking up things that are interesting looking, then reading the cover or summary, and putting them back because I know I should be studying.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2009, 11:46 by StaedlerMars »
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2681 on: 24 Apr 2009, 11:54 »

I'd rather have someone say "hey, it's not working out"

I tried to break up with her over the distance thing once before and she cried harder than I have ever heard anybody cry before. As a result, this didn't work because I couldn't bear making her cry like that.

"oh hey, i fooled around with this other chick so I don't think we should work at this anymore."

One point of clarity: the fooling around and the not wanting to work things out anymore are disconnected. The fooling around is distance related only. Things not working out is because of some seeeerious confidence issues/emotional self-sufficiency issues/ridiculous, unrealistic expectations on her part. I always kindof figured that a good life partner was a pillar of support, not a wheelchair. And there's no fucking way I can ever be Prince Charming who shows up and makes everything perfect. She told me that that was exactly what she thought/expected of me.

I will probably not mention the issues I mentioned above, though, and just leave it at "I am a piece of shit and I don't deserve to have a relationship right now." Whether or not me being a bad human being is true, I really should not be in a long-term relationship. I just feel like complete shit that she had to be the victim of my inexperience. She doesn't deserve this at all.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2682 on: 24 Apr 2009, 13:58 »

Patrick, I hope things work out for you one way or another. From an objective point of view it makes me glad I'm single, but I can see why it's hard for you.

Blog thread, my phone died today. It has been on its way out for a few months now but it was still a bit of a shock when it went all blurry and fuzzy and refused to go back to normal like it normally does. I've had the same phone since I was seven years old and it really feels as if something has actually died, it's horrible.

On the plus side I got paid this morning and I could afford to buy a new one less than an hour after the old one had died. It's a Samsing C300 and is purple, shiny and slides open and shut which is quite cool, but it isn't the same. I was quite proud of my retro phone and I really don't need a colour screen with multimedia messaging and a snowball fight game, I just need to be able to text and ring people. Ironically this is the thing my new phone is least able to do for me because most of my numbers are saved to my old phone (and of course I can't get them off it because the screen is completely broken).

In more day-related bloggy news, I had my german speaking exam today and I think it went quite well. There isn't really any way of knowing but I hope he was sufficiently impressed by my fluency and command of my subject to overlook some of the minor grammatical errors I made. I don't find out until August 20th so there's no point worrying! Also I got two essays back in sociology which was a relief because I had no idea how I was doing. The answer appears to be "reasonably but nothing like well enough", but at least now I know what I need to do to improve. I'm going to rewrite one of them, and I'm helping my teacher plan a revision lesson to help the whole class learn the names of sociologists because we're all, without exception, primarily citing the sociologist Obsidian McByrde, who we made up during a boring class. The trouble is that no one can remember anyone else and there's the minor difficulty that he doesn't actually exist...
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2683 on: 24 Apr 2009, 14:22 »

Blog thread, I am so fucking nervous and skeptical right now.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2684 on: 24 Apr 2009, 14:25 »

Dear Blog thread

I think I went a little crazy when I went to the library 2 towns over.  They have a lot of books that you can only get while you're there, so when I walked out of the library I was carrying more then 30 books.  I think I may have a problem.

Also I have a tiny crack in my windshield thanks to some pebble.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2685 on: 24 Apr 2009, 14:32 »

RAAAAWWWWRRRRFUCKSHITPISSASSLICKINGFUCKINGCUNTASAURUSREXTIIIIITTTTSS

i fucking hate ipods
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2686 on: 24 Apr 2009, 15:48 »

names of sociologists

The other day my friend's old roommate found out I'm a soc major (I'm not in school anymore, and haven't taken a soc class for about a year and a half now) and he asked me what my favorite sociologist was. Weird question, but weirder that I totally blanked completely and after a series of pauses sputtered out "Foucault" and then something about discourses and power. (Though really if they're worth learning about there's probably at least something worthwhile in their histories, be it Engels, Weber, Marx, C. Wright Mills [which is my go-to 'what's your favorite concept?' answer--sociological imagination suckas] Patrica Hill Collins [another fave with Matrix of Domination], bell hooks, Durkheim etc)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2687 on: 24 Apr 2009, 17:15 »

It is 10:20 on a Saturday morning and I have just slept in after not being able to sleep in for weeks and weeks and I need to shower and catch the bus into the bank by 12:00 but it is ANZAC day today which is usually a holiday but it is not today but I am sure one of the main streets I need to take will be blocked with a parade and usually on ANZAC day things don't open till 1pm and waaah I need to do this so I can pay my rent this is no fun I do not want to get out of bed for something that I may or may not be able to dooooo.

On an unrelated note, I miss my Chris.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2688 on: 24 Apr 2009, 17:25 »

Things are looking up on my side of the world. I seem to be able to have things play out exactly how I want them to sometimes.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Gilead

« Reply #2689 on: 24 Apr 2009, 22:08 »

Fuck this shit.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 01:34 by Gilead »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2690 on: 24 Apr 2009, 22:47 »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccck

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh

Cuuursivvvee!

God it was sooo awesome! So fucking awesome! I sang my heart out, got ditched by the guy I went with(who was a tool anyway, so it was alright), rocked the fuck out, got hit on by some dude claiming to be from Interscope(hahaha), talked to a bunch of people, got people to chant and get them to do an encore, and rocked the fuck out so hard. My face met Tim Kasher's belly. And I got a high five. Basically, I had a motherfucking blast. I smiled! Like real smiles! Holy fucking shit! I am pretty sure everybody in Cursive loves me, or at least knows how much I love them. My voice is beyond gone, and I am covered I beer and other people's sweat. 
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2691 on: 24 Apr 2009, 23:42 »

It was amazing.

And now I am annoying one of my best friends by singing various Cursive songs at him. Woo! But he loves it really. Even though he has no idea who they are.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2692 on: 24 Apr 2009, 23:50 »

Guys I have a text-stalker now. My mom thinks this is cute.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2693 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:40 »

Gemmwah:  That is an excellent aviator helmet.  How'd you make it?

I did not make the helmet, I paid for it. I'm crafty, but I'm not quite that crafty.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2694 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:48 »

Guys I have a text-stalker now.

What on earth is text-stalker?
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2695 on: 25 Apr 2009, 08:58 »

I'd rather have someone say "hey, it's not working out"

I tried to break up with her over the distance thing once before and she cried harder than I have ever heard anybody cry before. As a result, this didn't work because I couldn't bear making her cry like that.

Sack up, you whiny cunt.

And I mean "whiny cunt" in a "we are good friends and you need to stop being whiny and man up cos I care about you" way.

Blog thread, I have been pretty down lately, though I have been getting out and doing active things (we've kinda moved Sunday night frisbee to a twice/thrice weekly thing). But also, my exes keep texting me. And it's slightly annoying. We are not dating, and I am watching this baseball game, so do not tell me what's going on in this baseball game.

Of course, I'm just too damned polite to straight tell them to get fucked.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2696 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:23 »

What on earth is text-stalker?

Its someone who ims or texts nonstop. Often hitting on the victim, or asking what they are doing or where they are.

Its creepy and annoying. Sometimes scary.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #2697 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:39 »

Man my friend had a text-stalker once. He once texted her "Hey I'm in the area, wanna hang out?" and she replied "No, I'm not at home, sorry." Because well, he was creepy and she didn't want to. He answered "Don't lie, I can see you through your window."

Creepy!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2698 on: 25 Apr 2009, 11:14 »

Guys like that are the reason I'm glad I'm not a girl.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #2699 on: 25 Apr 2009, 11:14 »

So, today my phone got a crack in it's screen, and my allergies has been acting all up over POLLEN AHRG FUCK..

But otherwise it has been good, with fencing and ice and soda in the grass in the park in the sun. And now I'm writing a German assignment on how to survive in troll-land. Because fun is the best way to learn, right?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90   Go Up