THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 20:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773799 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #3050 on: 04 May 2009, 12:55 »

^ This sounds incredibly awesome. I could handle working at a coffeeshop much easier than my current job.

You are not smart if this is not a job you can handle.

Yes, I am, but there are seriously NO OTHER GODDAMN JOBS.

I've been applying at several places a week for months now locally, and the two closest places that hired me are Darien Lake Amusement Park (45 minute drive) and the VECTOR corporation in Buffalo (hour long drive, longer if I hit rush hour). I am actually getting really stressed out just thinking about working there because...well, like I said, I don't deal with people well. But I need the money. :| Daaaaaamn.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3051 on: 04 May 2009, 13:07 »

new-Norwegian exam tomorrow. oh shit.

You do at least have a dialect with all the three linguistic genders. That should make stuff a bit easier. I didn't even dare have my Norwegian-teacher-mom check my test. Oh god damn I hope ferociously for a 6, but the spelling might fuck that over sideways.

So, today I have been working with a friend for hours upon hours; it's my last maths test evvah tomorrow, and I need good gradez. I went down from 6 (acing) to 5 after changing to a harder class, and I'm not going to drop one more grade, that's just not going to fucking happen, but the example-test we have been working on was hard. Our teacher has been known to give harder example tests than the actual tests is, but still, I'm worried.

Kris, that sounds awesome!
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3052 on: 04 May 2009, 13:20 »

Has the quiki gone down? I was looking for the old artist face-off page but every page gives me an error.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3053 on: 04 May 2009, 13:30 »

Kris, that is awesome! I will not tell anybody :D

Dear blag,

I got makeouts with A Cute Girl and I got new jeans. I also rocked the fuck out of the song I have to sing this week. TODAY IS A DAY OF FUCKING AWESOME.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3054 on: 04 May 2009, 14:45 »

I decided to stop being stupid. I called my manager like she wanted and she asked what was up and if I was willing to come back. Part of me wanted to say "FUCK YOU FUCK THAT PLACE" but the rational part of me said "Yeah, I made a mistake, I'm stupid. I've got another job lined up, but it'll take a bit of time to get that going, I'll give you guys like a month or two notice when I am gonna quit"

Now the question is if HR will let me come back. I remain hopeful that I am able to fix my mistakes.

Update: HR said no. I am not sure what I can do for just over a month while I try to get set up with my step dad's company.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 15:58 by PantsFTW »
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3055 on: 04 May 2009, 15:48 »

Mistakes have been made! Blogs have been blagged!

Hi Blog Thread, who wants puppies? We've got puppies! Too many puppies...

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3056 on: 04 May 2009, 16:00 »

VECTOR corporation

Try not to go with this option if you can avoid it. Selling cutco knives sucks, and the company is rather predatory towards its employees.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3057 on: 04 May 2009, 16:15 »

So I just put a deposit on a car.

It's a '94 Honda Civic DX, with 180,000 miles on it.  Not great in and of itself, but for a first car, and for $2700, I think maybe I'll be okay.  I put down $1000 in cash (I don't know if I've ever held so many $100 bills at once before) and the car is currently with a mechanic so he can run compression & brake tests on it before I pay the rest (or negotiate down).

I'm a little (read: very) nervous about spending so much money, but I'm a lot less nervous about it than if I was locked into ten years of car payments or something.

It's, uh, this color.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3058 on: 04 May 2009, 16:39 »

VECTOR corporation

Try not to go with this option if you can avoid it. Selling cutco knives sucks, and the company is rather predatory towards its employees.

I didn't go with that option, I'm going in for training at Darien Lake tomorrow and the next two days after that. I'm going to suffer through it as best as I can. I make it sound a lot worse than it is, but that's just because I am not a good person.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3059 on: 04 May 2009, 16:56 »

Hey guys, it's tricky to rock a rhyme.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 17:06 by StaedlerMars »
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3060 on: 04 May 2009, 17:00 »

It's a '94 Honda Civic DX,

I had one of these from 94-99.  It was a very reliable car.  I bought it for a little under eight grand, sold it for (if I remember correctly) $3500 and now ten years later you're telling me it can still fetch almost $3k?  That's pretty good resale value.

IF the engine has been taken care of, (and it hasn't been an abused fast and furious street racer complete with fart pipes) 180k is nothing on those  little four cylinders.  They run like tops.  I have two vehicles now have more mileage than that on them, and I've had one truck that was very nearly at 400k when I sold it.   So just make sure you follow regular/recommended maintenance and enjoy.

Edit:  I thought long and hard about it and I believe I'm now accurately reflecting my original purchase price.  It's been 15 years though (and I still drank back then) so it's all kind of hazy, to be honest.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 17:10 by A Wet Helmet »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3061 on: 04 May 2009, 17:04 »

The nice thing about honda civics and toyota corollas is that even if you need to find replacement parts accomplishing such a feat is roughly about as hard as locating your ass.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 17:07 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3062 on: 04 May 2009, 17:14 »

It's tricky?

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3063 on: 04 May 2009, 17:16 »

So guys, not that any of you care, but it would be nice to someday own a little music/book store with a cafe. But then, I kind of want to do something involving theatre or film. Perhaps on the side.
That is all. I was thinking of this during school today.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3064 on: 04 May 2009, 17:20 »

Man, there are two cafes in my county and they both rock. One is called The Shirt Factory and the other is the Elsewhere Cafe.

The Shirt Factory has open mic nights the last Thursday of the month which are fairly hit and miss. This two-man metal band called Perfect Chaos was going for awhile, and they've gotten a lot better over time. Now I actually enjoy them. Then there's some forgettable emo band there which hasn't been there lately.

Elsewhere is...interesting. It's run by a family of musicians. Mari is an opera singer, Jan (pronounced Yon) is a guitarist, and the son Sebastian writes really good and accessible music. The first (or second) Friday of every month they go upstairs into this opera hall and rock out. They do covers, and they're pretty good until they do songs I know, then I realize how much they fuck it up.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3065 on: 04 May 2009, 17:20 »

It's tricky?

It's tricky to rock a rhyme

To rock a rhyme that's right on time

It's tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3066 on: 04 May 2009, 17:26 »

I have seriously thought about doing a small business course thing and trying to start up a small coffee shop in sydney somewhere. It will have bookshelves on all the walls and lots of squishy comfortable chair and lounges to sit in while reading. I even had the idea where if someone was in the middle of a book and wanted to continue to read it, they could take it if they left another book to replace it. It got to the point that I started thinking about where would be a good place to have it. I would get lunchy to work there, of course. Then I remembered that it costs a veritable bucketload of money to start your own business, and I think most of them fail in the first year anyway. Bum.

Blog thread! I am headachey and crampy and therefore grumpy. It is a miserable day today and I have to go to uni this afternoon in the cold (and most likely the rain) and I don't want to. On the plus side it is only two sleeps until I go to sydney and have an awesome packed weekend. At the moment though, pretty shitty.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3067 on: 04 May 2009, 19:19 »

only two sleeps

That has always been the best way of counting down the days to something.

So I've been living in this giant place with reasonable rent and good neighbors for about a year now, and just the other day I applied for a tiny little one bedroom that costs more because I don't want roommates anymore and it's way closer to work. The cute little one bedroom really is cute though, and has tennis courts and basketball courts and a DISHWASHER which I am totally excited for. And I don't have to deal with roommates at all! Actually right after I filled out the paperwork and got told that they'd do a credit check and also make sure rent wasn't more than a third of my income, I got a phone call from my current resident manager (who is a total awesome) asking me if we were going to maybe pay our rent cuz it wasn't in the box. April 30th I had gone to my roommates and was like "hey guys here is the rent envelope, it's due tomorrow" and then the next day the envelope was gone so I thought they'd paid it. So I ended up having her wait for me to run home and I paid $650 out of my own pocket and now I'm paranoid the check the one roommate wrote me won't clear.

tl;dr: I am getting a new apartment that is smaller and more expensive but I'm happy with it and also having roommates sucks
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3068 on: 04 May 2009, 22:30 »

I blogged a bliggin' blag tonight

It's 1:30 AM and I will attempt to sleep goodnight

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3069 on: 04 May 2009, 22:54 »

Guys working in coffee shops, busy, well-represented coffee shops, is hard and long and exhausting and you smell like off milk and have filthy clothes and sweaty hair at the end of every day. Yes it is fun but it is fast paced and you always always have to have a smile on and be the nicest person ever and really however good at I am at it (I am really good) I am becoming thoroughly sick of it and if I were offered any other job in the world right now where I could come home clean and with not horribly sore feet and legs at the end of the day I would take it without a second thought.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3070 on: 04 May 2009, 23:09 »

What she said but replace all of the bad things about being a barista with all the bad things about working two jobs, one with early starts and one with late finishes. Basically I do not think anyone has lusted after a 9-5 schedule more than I am right now.

So Blog Thread last night I forgot to set my alarm and as such I was two hours late for work. This is the second or third time I have done this and because I am pretty much the first person to be in the building in the morning I have a few responsbilities which, if they do not get done, generally mess up the work days of a few other people. This essentially means that when I am late or sick or whatever I get lectured by about five people, precisely 0% of whom are actually in any position of direct authority over me. One guy in particular is just a very big bully and he pretty much targets me even when I haven't done anything wrong, so when I have it is extra harsh.

Essentially what I thought was going to be a very nice and productive day has been flushed down the toilet because I feel like shit and probably want to cry and eat horrible food.

But I can't because now I have to go to the other job.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #3071 on: 04 May 2009, 23:27 »

Dear Blog Thread,

This entire week I have a festival to go to instead of classes. I am excited. The only thing I'm really missing are my physics classes (since all of my other classes are extremely easy) but I have no tests and I've got someone covering for me so I don't miss any notes. Had to do a book talk (stand up and recommend the book you're reading to the class for a major project mark) but since I spent the weekend doing other things I didn't have anything prepared.

34/35 is pretty good for standing up an improvising a book report about Kerouac's "On the Road". Unfortunately this meant everyone else had to present too. Three people chose the Twilight series. It is things like this that make me really dislike grade 11 English... But luckily we are beginning our studies of Macbeth right after we do media. Also in German class I have to do a 10 minute presentation about German composers. I'm doing Alban Berg, Johannes Brahms, Arnold Schoenberg, and the obvious one Richard Wagner. I know only one of them is actually German, but my teacher said that he would allow Austria since it is a German speaking country. The last week of spending all classes researching has been really great.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #3072 on: 04 May 2009, 23:32 »

Guys working in coffee shops, busy, well-represented coffee shops, is hard and long and exhausting and you smell like off milk and have filthy clothes and sweaty hair at the end of every day. Yes it is fun but it is fast paced and you always always have to have a smile on and be the nicest person ever and really however good at I am at it (I am really good) I am becoming thoroughly sick of it and if I were offered any other job in the world right now where I could come home clean and with not horribly sore feet and legs at the end of the day I would take it without a second thought.

This is why I tip people (who are doing their best in one of these jobs) extremely well.  Some of us appreciate the effort.
a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3073 on: 04 May 2009, 23:34 »

You guys should just be thankful you're not orderlies or health care aides. Around here, such a job entails getting paid under $8 an hour (remarkably low in the industry, but still) to work with crazy people who piss themselves and sometimes just yank on your hair for no reason and will just not let go. Plus you're not in a proper customer service industry so there is no hope of getting tips even if you do get the occasional thank you (from a coworker). It's rewarding in the sense that you are actually helping people. It's just unfortunate that usually that means you're wiping their ass.

[EDIT]

I should note that I have never actually done one of those jobs, but I have worked on an every day basis with plenty of people who have. I have ended up helping them in emergency situations and I would describe the experiences with words like "harrowing." Nothing real dangerous, just unpredictable and draining.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 23:46 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3074 on: 05 May 2009, 00:14 »

Yeah, my housemate is a nurse in the ICU. It's a ridiculously intense job for not very much money.

I have seriously thought about doing a small business course thing and trying to start up a small coffee shop in sydney somewhere. It will have bookshelves on all the walls and lots of squishy comfortable chair and lounges to sit in while reading. I even had the idea where if someone was in the middle of a book and wanted to continue to read it, they could take it if they left another book to replace it. It got to the point that I started thinking about where would be a good place to have it. I would get lunchy to work there, of course. Then I remembered that it costs a veritable bucketload of money to start your own business, and I think most of them fail in the first year anyway. Bum.

Blog thread! I am headachey and crampy and therefore grumpy. It is a miserable day today and I have to go to uni this afternoon in the cold (and most likely the rain) and I don't want to. On the plus side it is only two sleeps until I go to sydney and have an awesome packed weekend. At the moment though, pretty shitty.

Coffee is apparently a pretty good thing to sell in comparison to most small businesses. It is a low cost product, has a high mark-up and people are addicted to it. I guess on the other hand you have a lot of competition, and I think there is a fair bit of coffee shop loyalty in Sydney.

I would not describe working in cafes as fun, though, and I have worked in a fair few. 

So... I just had an interview for an internship with the Sydney Morning Herald. I think it went fairly well, but I'm still trying to maintain a state of not getting my hopes up.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #3075 on: 05 May 2009, 00:30 »

Wow, a high school friend actually came by to do a demo of these tonight. She'd contacted me on Facebook and explained that 1) there were no obligations, and 2) she'd get paid just for showing up.

The knives seem decent but yeah the impression that I got was that it would be a really shit job.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3076 on: 05 May 2009, 00:33 »

I guess now would be a good time to bring up Slate's article on the logistics of running a coffeehouse. The problem is that while you get a lot of traffic most people will only buy one or two items and then sit around taking up space.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Zingoleb

« Reply #3077 on: 05 May 2009, 00:39 »

Hi bloggity thread

It is 3:40 AM and I still haven't slept and my cat is hounding me for sex attention

EDIT: HI GUYS GUESS WHAT I'M THINKING OF
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 00:49 by Zingoleb »

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #3078 on: 05 May 2009, 00:46 »

Kinky.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Zingoleb

« Reply #3079 on: 05 May 2009, 00:54 »

Yeah, not sure where that last post went wrong...

I can't sleep at night. I don't sleep at night. I finally got up and put on this mix playlist of post rock, Iron & Wine and Mozart really quietly with almost no bass on it because there's seven other people living in this house.

Fuck I hate being nocturnal.

Actually, I don't. I love the night. I love the moon and the stars and the midnight dew on the grass when I walk on it, and bicycle rides or walks to nowhere just admiring the darkness and being alive, but the world is so accustomed to day people that it almost entirely refuses to pander to my kind. People say to just 'adjust your sleep schedule' but this is not possible. At all. I cannot make myself sleep at night and work all day. I have tried this, for years, and it always ends in failure. Unless I literally have not slept in two days, sleeping at night is completely impossible.

And the first day of work at my first day job in two years starts tomorrow, and I'm going to see how long I can battle between killing myself slowly from stress and exhaustion and taking home a ~$350 check every two weeks.

...Blah, sorry for the ranty rant, Mr. Thread. I'll go back to moving my mouse around and watching my cat try to eat my cursor.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3080 on: 05 May 2009, 00:59 »

At the end of June I'm moving.  

My current roommate and best friend will no longer be my roommate as his pregnant gf and him are getting a house.  I want to be happy for them, but they have a break up pattern that runs along the lines of 1 to 4 weeks.  They are usually back together within 24 hours.  However, It still scares me because I've had to take him away from her a couple times or face seeing him in jail for making a dumb decision (altought one of the times I was there with them she was desperately trying to get him to hit her, fucking hate chicks like that).  So hopefully they can work things out in this house her parents are getting the loan for.  Guess we'll see.

As far as me, I'm needing a place to stay then.  I could get my own place but with school and such it's just easier to find roommates(financially).  My sister has a large house in a neighboring bedroom town, which is sort of like a suburb, if the city has 140k people and the suburb has roughly 5k - 7k people.  It will be hella cheap staying with her but lots of people running around and my girlfriend isn't impressed with the possibility with me moving out of town.

Life has been very upidy and downidy over the past few months and I'm just ready to having something new and fresh to be around.  I think my sister's place will be suitable for minimum amount of time.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3081 on: 05 May 2009, 01:06 »

I feel very bad for your roommate's child unless your roommate and the mother manage to mature greatly before it's born. Which is probably not going to happen.

Living with fighting parents is tough. I know, I've lived with my mother for awhile while she was fighting with my step-father. Living with a single parent is tough, too, especially when each individual parent badmouths the other. I've gone through this, too, leading me to realize that one or both of my parents are lying, but they're fairly correct in their assessments of each other.

Also, the reason I don't live with my mother anymore is because my mother threw me out when "God" told her in her head that I was going to kill her in her sleep. So maybe I can't judge other people living with shitty parents because mine are actually fucking nuts.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3082 on: 05 May 2009, 01:33 »

Holy smokes.. Sorry to hear that.  Yeah I don't even know what advice to give my friend anymore.  The main reason they fight is because she won't stop talking to exes behind his back and he finds out, starts drinking and just becomes a huge ass to her.  This is followed up by them breaking up and the next day getting back together.  I've told him to either get over her sneaking and lying or to get out of the relationship with her and just support the kid the best he can.   Beyond that I am done with their business.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 01:35 by Masterbainter »

Zingoleb

« Reply #3083 on: 05 May 2009, 01:37 »

I don't think talking to exes should be off-limits, personally, as I still talk to most of mine, at least on occasion. I think he should at least let her do that...now fucking an ex is a bad idea. If he was a little more open about her maintaining a friendship with her exes, do you think that would help?

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3084 on: 05 May 2009, 01:54 »

Most likely yes, if she hadn't invited one over while he was out of town working one weekend.

It's a big cluster fuck of a relationship.  At this point really neither of them is more to blame then the other.  I just wish they would end it and move on.  It will suck for the baby not to have two loving parents towards eachother,  I'm sure;  however, they or at least he will love the kid with everything he has.

About talking to exes.  You know this is always a tough one for me to understand or maybe comprehend.  Because there are so many categories an ex can fall into.  I do not talk to my most current ex that I dated for a year and half, mainly because whenever I do she wants to get back with me and that's pretty much her only reason for talking to me.  I do however talk to the first girl I dated and almost married.  But it is so Platonic and very "hi, how are you? and Bye" in the conversatoins we have.  She is married. 

I'm assuming the issues of her talking to her exes that he has is the fact that she has been caught telling them how she misses them and bringing up the inviting one over while he was gone incident.  He just doesn't want to be the dude that is getting played.  By doing so he is being the dude that is being controlling and I know him better than that.  However, it is what he is doing.  This is the reason even though they have a child on the way that I still urge him to just end it completely.  I've even offered to put my relationship on hold for the dude so that he would have someone there for the first month or so, just so fucking sick of seeing him go back to her because he gets "lonely".   Anyways i'm done ranting.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 02:06 by Masterbainter »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3085 on: 05 May 2009, 01:58 »

This is why I tip people (who are doing their best in one of these jobs) extremely well.  Some of us appreciate the effort.

I am so awesome at being a McDonald's drive-thru worker that people frequently attempt to tip me (I guess my little $9.15/hour wage makes me good at small talk or something). I feel kindof bad because if I refuse they are like "NO PLZ YOU CAN HAS MONEYS U R NICE PPLZ" and I'm like "I am really not authorized to accept this, I could get fired SO HARD if I do, and there is a video camera watching me at all times since this is a high-volume part of the store!" and they are like "NO U CAN HAS TIP MONEYZ" and I'm just like "Sry guys".

tl;dr I would probably prefer coffee shop work because it basically sounds like what I already would normally be doing for money, but I'd get TIPS on top of it.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Zingoleb

« Reply #3086 on: 05 May 2009, 02:02 »

Most likely yes, if she hadn't invited one over while he was out of town working one weekend.

It's a big cluster fuck of a relationship.  At this point really neither of them is more to blame then the other.  I just wish they would end it and move on.  It will suck for the baby not to have two loving parents towards eachother,  I'm sure;  however, they or at least he will love the kid with everything he has.

Parents that are split up would be better than fighting parents. This is fact.

I'm really restraining myself from ranting about my mother and my father right now, be proud of me!

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3087 on: 05 May 2009, 02:08 »

I hear you.  My mom and dad fought the first 12 years of my life.. then my dad gave up and just took the getting screaming at until he would just leave a for an hour and come back...  They are still together, and I don't know exactly how two people could be.  I just hate for a kid to have his mom and dad together for first 10 years of his life then them split.  I have a feeling something like this will happen with my friend's kid and it's sad to me.  Why do unstable relationships produce young  :|

edit: i have such bad grammer right now. 

Zingoleb

« Reply #3088 on: 05 May 2009, 02:20 »

Well...my mother left when I was like five months old, so I never had to put up with it much. It's just that she would badmouth my father whenever I saw her, and he wouldn't say much about her until I was about...13, or so. He was fairly abusive and one time after he attacked me I went to live with my mother - 800 miles away - which lasted all of two crazy months. She would randomly scream at me for nothing and would just start...ranting, out of nowhere, on how terrible homosexual people are, or how bad the Beatles are, or something. The odd thing is that she would give me two completely different examples, on different days...one day she'd tell me that Stevie Ray Vaughan was a drunken idiot who never knew what he was doing, and then a few weeks later lament the fact he died and didn't release more of his wonderful material. She really scared me.

One day I was out in the yard, working on raking and mowing it with my brother, and I decided to take my money that I got for my sixteenth birthday and treat my brother to a pizza. We get home, we share it, and I get sick from it and start throwing up. I have a really sensitive stomach, so it's nothing that bothered me, I'm just used to it - then my mother accuses me of throwing up to get out of working. Later that day me and my brother walk out to the lake (two or three miles away) and on the way home, he abandons me. I'm in the middle of Greece, NY (which is an unpleasant place to be), in the middle of the night, trying to find my way home because I am exhausted and sore and dirty and want to shower and go to bed. I finally find my way back, and immediately my mother runs at me screaming because my brother told her that I was stealing money, dealing drugs, and doing drugs, and that he found my pot stash. None of the above was true, but she believed him, and that night I had to pack up all my stuff. Apparently "God" had been telling her the same things for awhile now. Thanks God, really appreciate that one.

When I tried to take the guitar she gave me for my birthday outside, she tore it out of my hands and said that I wasn't allowed to keep it anymore. The next morning they d ropped me off at my grandmother's house, let me unpack my stuff, and I didn't talk to her for almost a year afterwards.

Edit: Dammit, I tried to resist ranting. At least I cut it short.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3089 on: 05 May 2009, 02:30 »

That's rough.  Sounds like she had some Bi-Polar issues.  If what you said about your brother is true, he is a prick and I've rund across a few like him in my time as well.  I will never understand what drives people to try to fuck over others to cover their own personal agenda but it deffinately is becomming more mainstream as I become more old and aware of the world. 

Anyone else have some crazy childhood/teenage memories of parents that were just completely unparental.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3090 on: 05 May 2009, 02:37 »

Yeah, my father.  :laugh:

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3091 on: 05 May 2009, 03:13 »

I have talked about my parents and how much they have screwed with my head many times, if not in here then in gabbly. Maybe even on IMs so I didn't clog up a thread (*cough*). One is an alcoholic, one treats me like a child, and my brother only thinks about himself. My family in a nutshell there.

Lunchy, I know I'm never going to actually start a coffee shop, and would probably run a bookshop instead. I just want to have a job which means I gets to make people happy and maybe brighten their day. I am not very good at cheering people up or making them happy though, so I am pretty much a failure at the only thing I want to do with my life. Hmm.

After all that I am still pretty cheerful, because it is Tuesday night and I am watching TV and thinking about going to sydney. Did I mention I am looking forward to going to sydney? Sydney!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Zingoleb

« Reply #3092 on: 05 May 2009, 03:19 »

I get the hint, Eris, but I have restrained myself greatly from writing out all I want to. I could write a book out to rival Stephen King's novels. I just very rarely get to express myself due to the fact that I don't have very many meatlife friends that I can be with and that I trust, and I can't really go and blog about it in case my parents find out because despite how badly they fuck up, they're only human and I still love and adore them.

Also: Jobs to make people happy should totally be a career path. Marketing; Teaching; Construction; Happy-Making

With that said, it's 6:20 AM and the sun is coming up, and I should try to sleep. Again. Goodnight. Again.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3093 on: 05 May 2009, 03:21 »

Ordered a pizza under the name "Kilgore Trout," feeling slightly better. Not seeing Wolverine, totally OK with this.

Not seeing girl, shit.

Bought a tie bar and some new underpants, alright.

Headache.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3094 on: 05 May 2009, 05:17 »

It occurred to me yesterday that when I leave university and get a real job, it will be the first time in many many years when I actually have a weekend. I know it's normal for part time jobs to include Saturdays but man am I looking forwards to not working every weekend.

(Please don't burst my bubble of optimism about my chances of getting a non-Saturday job after university.)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #3095 on: 05 May 2009, 05:38 »

only if the economy bubbles burst :evil:

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #3096 on: 05 May 2009, 05:40 »

So yesterday was my final oral exam for my Bachelor of Fine Art thesis exhibition.

I did it. It's over.
yeaaaaaaah

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3097 on: 05 May 2009, 05:58 »

Congratulations!

Hope you're doing/already done some celebrating?
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3098 on: 05 May 2009, 06:59 »

Yeah, why are you on the internet and not getting plastered?

I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3099 on: 05 May 2009, 07:07 »

Blog Thread, I'm sad. 

I just found out that a man I've been working with for over 3 years has left the company.  He was my favorite person in my business unit.  Geeky, funny, Jewish, Yankees fan.  I love him and I'm shocked that he's gone.  Management isn't saying what happened, but I KNOW he wasn't let go.  He was the most valuable person in our group!  I hope nothing serious has happened with his family or anything.  He deserves good things because he's such a wonderful person.  I already miss him terribly and I just saw him last week. 

He was the first person I got close to when I started here and always told jokes that only I understood.  I feel like he died, I'm that sad.  I'm going to call him later and hopefully we can keep in touch.  I just hope everything really is alright with him.  This situation has me a little worried.  It's just not going to be the same without him.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 90   Go Up