THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 May 2024, 04:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 778521 times)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #3100 on: 05 May 2009, 07:50 »

Fuck I just wrote a long ass post and it got deleted, so here's the basics.

Pen I feel for you, that really sucks and it brings up concerns about wether or not I'm going to stay in contact with the people I grew to care about at my last job that I very recently no longer work at, hope you manage to stay in touch.

Blog Thread,

Got a nosebleed while driving to class, made things extremely complicated and involves me being covered in blood rushing into a McDonalds bathroom and getting very strange looks, and then having to go about the morning's stressful school related chores in ruined clothes. I'm home now and I'm tired and angry., which also happens to relate to the summer course I'm trying to take in Paris that the school is making very difficult for me to enroll in.

Funny thing is my brother took the very same class last semester and they didn't give him nearly as much trouble. I think I yelled at my first stranger ever today, something I would absolutely never do being the spineless coward/very non-agressive person that I am, but I let the situation get to me and she was being supremely unhelpful and it got me an appointment with the department chair, so I guess it works out. I'm going back to sleep for a while since it now looks like I'm skipping class.

Fun stuff.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.
« Reply #3101 on: 05 May 2009, 07:58 »

Dear blog thread,
Thursday I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis and yesterday I was supposed to get the results. However, when the doctor called, my boyfriend's sister was on the phone. She didn't bother to get off the phone with her friend and come tell me, she just kept talking until 6 in the evening, then told her mom it was because she didn't know what to do. Um, getting off the phone and telling me would had been nice. By the time I found out, the office was closed. All this after I had said I was expecting the call and talking about how nervous I was.
Now I don't know whether I should call them when they open so I don't miss the call again or if that would be annoying.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #3102 on: 05 May 2009, 08:14 »

Just call them and explain what happened and ask if they have the results. Good luck!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3103 on: 05 May 2009, 08:48 »

It's tricky to rock a rhyme

To rock a rhyme that's right on time

It's tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky

Damn, I had just managed to get this out of my head.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #3104 on: 05 May 2009, 08:55 »

In the toilets at the Okkervil River gig tonight there was a guy on the phone:

"Hi I'm just calling about your blood test, they all came back normal so don't worry about your heart"
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3105 on: 05 May 2009, 09:18 »

So it's quarter past five and I start work at half past six.

I have five essays due in tomorrow, two of which are in german. I don't have the german essay questions with me, and I don't have the books for the english essay. I've started the sociology essay but I don't have it with me, and all of this will continue to be true until tomorrow.

Hey guys, remember how I was really motivated to work at the weekend and did six hours of revision? This is the reason that I have so much work left over. How the hell am I expected to revise if my teachers are setting me ridiculously short deadlines for monumentally huge quantities of work? (To be scrupulously fair the sociology essay was meant to be classwork but my teacher kept sending me off to do printing and photocopying so actually it was still her fault, what am I saying? but the german essays were due in today and I just forgot about them.)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

öde

« Reply #3106 on: 05 May 2009, 10:45 »

I understand Jens, I only smoke heorin instead of injecting it.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3107 on: 05 May 2009, 11:57 »

Jens, the lady will be staying in my room, and I will go back to my apartment. Also, she'll only be here for a couple of days I think, so no worries, you'll still have privacy.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #3108 on: 05 May 2009, 13:42 »

Sometimes, it seems like the majority of Jens' and Kris' conversations are here or on Meebo.

Hey blog thread, today I kinda asked a cute girl out! We were both pretty exhausted after a full day of maths test and several days of practice, but she seemed positive to grabbing a cup of coffee some day, and then I guess we'll see if we just wanna hang out or if something else happens. I'm positivte to both ideas.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Metope

« Reply #3109 on: 05 May 2009, 13:49 »

On that note:

Jens, can you make me a cup of tea? Chai please, and the huge white mug with blue flowers on (I think it's in the dishwasher).

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3110 on: 05 May 2009, 13:52 »

Tommy is the lady who's moving in.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Metope

« Reply #3111 on: 05 May 2009, 13:54 »

Hm I always thought she was kinda tall for a woman. Also it explains the beard.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3112 on: 05 May 2009, 14:10 »

As for the mug, is the dishwasher in its dirty or clean phase?  - we need to know!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Metope

« Reply #3113 on: 05 May 2009, 14:14 »

It is very clean indeed.

Thanks, Jens!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #3114 on: 05 May 2009, 14:15 »

Hey Jens, 6666 posts has a nice ring to it, ... until you say something!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3115 on: 05 May 2009, 14:25 »

Sometimes I wish I had a sibling. I want someone to make me tea when I ask them to over the internet!

Also, blog, I need to come up with a drag show name. I am being a drag king, but I want something androgynous so if I do this again and am fem, it won't sound silly. And no, Ultimate Dicksucker will not fly.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 15:49 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #3116 on: 05 May 2009, 14:41 »

Kris Kristofferson
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3117 on: 05 May 2009, 15:34 »

Mandemic!

Edit: Oh wait you said queen, now I'm confused. Mandemic would be a rad one-off king name, though.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 15:36 by ViolentDove »
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3118 on: 05 May 2009, 15:50 »

I meant king. It seems thinking these things out at work is no good!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3119 on: 05 May 2009, 15:57 »

Ah, ok.

How about Sequined Freud?

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #3120 on: 05 May 2009, 16:01 »

Marlon Monroe
Freddy Davis
Buster Hyman
Matty Bush
Woody Long
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3121 on: 05 May 2009, 16:02 »

Mike Hunt.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3122 on: 05 May 2009, 16:05 »

Terry Dactyl
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3123 on: 05 May 2009, 17:52 »

Hm I always thought she was kinda tall for a woman.

tommy is shorter than you
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3124 on: 05 May 2009, 20:16 »

So i'm taking driver's ed. which is three weeks. So i'm going to be staying at school for 2 and a half hours longer than normal for the next three weeks. And we even get homework in it sometimes, as if school wasn't overwhelming enough already. gah!
« Last Edit: 05 May 2009, 20:28 by LittleKey »
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #3125 on: 05 May 2009, 20:45 »

Don't sweat it.  It's more boring than anything else, and if you have any kind of common sense, most of the information will be easy to remember.  I took all of half a sheet of notes for the entire 2 weeks (how long it was when I did it 5 years ago), all on the first day, mostly because I wanted to look like I wasn't completely clueless.  Didn't even look at 'em after that.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #3126 on: 05 May 2009, 22:11 »

I had already passed the written exam before I even took Driver's Ed, after reading a book of traffic laws in the car on the way to the test.  The class was mainly a hoop I had to jump through.  I missed the first two weeks because I was out of the country, and then pretty much slept through the rest of the class.

I got a C.  If I can get an average grade when I'm unconscious, you should do fine.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3127 on: 05 May 2009, 23:20 »

I fell asleep at 11 PM woke up at 1 AM and that's about all the sleep I'm getting today. Yay.

I stole my father's car and went to Wal-Mart because I've gotten this insanely irrational phobia that I'm going to lose all of my music lately. Not just, "I better back up just in case," but more of a, "MY COMPUTER IS ABOUT TO DIE AND WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING ABOUT IT" sort of mental reaction. Then I go to Wal-Mart and I think my stalker was there.

Yeah...he scares me. He's not actually stalking me, he just ends up at a lot of places I go to and he talks to me a lot and he strikes me as someone who has killed someone in the past in a fit of psychotic rage.

Mentioning over-reaction! My job is actually Not That Bad. I just worked myself up into thinking it would be horrible. Instead it's something tolerable! Even if my manager never stops grinning. Ever. EVER.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #3128 on: 05 May 2009, 23:32 »

Blog Thread! While we are so busy talking about places of employement, the ComicCon guy called me today! I am so excited!!!

Explanation: Last year, through a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend sort of connection that I still do not understand, I landed a job with a temp staffing agency at comic con. I worked the Warner Bros. booth, scanning people's badges for a chance to win a car marked up like the show Chuck. It was an awesome job, and moreover it payed EXTREMELY well, considering I was just out of high school. I made more in those three days than I was making in a month at the job I was working at the time. Fast-forward to now. I am in growing need of paid employment, and greatly disappointed since I had no way of contacting the people who hired me for a chance at getting this awesome job back. But today the guy called me! The guy who hired me last time! I get to work ComicCon again! Hooray!!!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #3129 on: 06 May 2009, 01:16 »

I have some friends who do promo work like that (usually handing out free food or drinks at places where people will be) and from what they say it pays stupidly well.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3130 on: 06 May 2009, 02:22 »

HEY. HEY. HEY GUYS (And especially Emilio)

Guess who is getting broadband most likely by Monday?

IT IS ME

(The crazed pregnant ex girlfriend left, the rad housemates with kitties are moving in, we are getting broadband, everything is coming up Jodie)
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3131 on: 06 May 2009, 02:30 »

Hooray, now you can see all the cool stuff and I can't.

Blog thread I am super depressed about my boy and work is terrible, everything sucks and I do not like being sad but I can't really stop being sad. I have not been sad like this before, it is a new experience at least but it is still the least fun thing ever.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3132 on: 06 May 2009, 02:42 »

I got some of my assignments back lately.

my two Auslan assignments got 77.5% and 60%,
my creative writing assignment got 67%, and
my Classics in World Literature essay got 80%

out of the 4 assignments, I did two basically at the last minute, and they are the two highest marks. Things like that are probably why I always end up writing my essays the day before they are due.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Zingoleb

« Reply #3133 on: 06 May 2009, 03:36 »

HEY. HEY. HEY GUYS (And especially Emilio)

Guess who is getting broadband most likely by Monday?

IT IS ME

(The crazed pregnant ex girlfriend left, the rad housemates with kitties are moving in, we are getting broadband, everything is coming up Jodie)

The jealousy! I feel the jealousy!

I am only on a 24k connection. :(

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3134 on: 06 May 2009, 04:13 »

Aw hey Jodie long time no talky. Hella e-hugs for you.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3135 on: 06 May 2009, 05:00 »

Ally, I have done the long-distance with forseeable but distressingly far away end thing before. While it totally sucks big old donkey nuts, I found throwing myself into work to be the easiest way to deal:/ When you're exhausted and tired and never have any down-time to think, there's no chances to sit around feeling sorry for yourself!

Big hugs to you though, it sounds like you need them:(
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3136 on: 06 May 2009, 07:41 »

Hugs for everyone!

Guys, guess which guy took a Vista exam the other day and smashed it out?  Me.  It is me.  I am the guy.

It was equal parts irritation and hilarity.  What bits weren't completely useless, worded in a really roundabout kind of overly-complex way or referring to bits of Vista no-one ever uses because they are shit were insultingly obvious.  I am planning on doing the other exam in the Vista desktop certification thinger next week sometime so that I have a shiny new bauble to attach to my resume.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #3137 on: 06 May 2009, 08:51 »

Windows 7 is the mended version of it.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #3138 on: 06 May 2009, 09:47 »

Dear diary

morning was bit bizzare because there was post-it notes every where but those were my notes most were "please eat", "i did your landry" and "hon i made some Pyttipanna for you"

Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

A Shoggoth on the Roof

• Furry furrier
« Reply #3139 on: 06 May 2009, 10:11 »

guysss the calc AB exam was today and the free response section killed me, left a lot of it just blank. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 3 or maybe even a 4 though, since it doesn't take much to do that. (like 1/3 right for a 3, 1/2 right for a 4, based on previous years, and that's rounding up a fair bit.) I did fine on the multiple choice, by the way.

I guess I am optimistic even though 4 hours of straight math is a terrible experience?

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3140 on: 06 May 2009, 10:30 »

You probably did fine, I walked out of there thinking I got a 2 and I got a 4.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3141 on: 06 May 2009, 11:59 »

You think your internet connection is bad? Ours is capped at 512Mb but is more likely to be 136Mb most of the time. Or something. Anyway it ought to be 2,000 somethings and it is nothing like, with the result that it can often take ten minutes for a page to load and when it rains we don't have any connection at all.

Actually it can't be 512Mb, I'm reading a lot of very confusing articles about broadband and they seem to suggest that the average UK broadband speed is 6Mb or 3Mb or 1Mb or at any rate not over 100.

OK I just did a test and our download speed is 0.4Mbps. Our upload speed is 242Kbps. Today is an extremely good day, it is normally no more than half the speed.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3142 on: 06 May 2009, 12:08 »

I'm not sure what the hell blog thread to put this in.

I keep having sex dreams about my friend (specifically, she's my friend and also my gf's friend and also my friend's gf). Like, I know dreams are just dreams, but Jesus Christ, I've had like three in a week.

It's really fucking with me.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #3143 on: 06 May 2009, 13:19 »

Day 3

is coing to close and i want meat if its mean that i have to kill that is no proplem...

Now now Dolly only two days and then you can go chew everything that you want.

Me want meat i want my manly action and i want it NOW! please let this torture end now

Be a manly man and say go fuck yourself and kick pregnant womens!!!

so BE A MAN OF TIMES!!

Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3144 on: 06 May 2009, 14:02 »

That is one of the most unapologetically nonsensical posts I've ever seen on any forum.  High five!

Zingoleb

« Reply #3145 on: 06 May 2009, 15:39 »

Dear diary

morning was bit bizzare because there was post-it notes every where but those were my notes most were "please eat", "i did your landry" and "hon i made some Pyttipanna for you"

You have post-it notes that link to wikipedia?

You think your internet connection is bad? Ours is capped at 512Mb but is more likely to be 136Mb most of the time. Or something. Anyway it ought to be 2,000 somethings and it is nothing like, with the result that it can often take ten minutes for a page to load and when it rains we don't have any connection at all.

Actually it can't be 512Mb, I'm reading a lot of very confusing articles about broadband and they seem to suggest that the average UK broadband speed is 6Mb or 3Mb or 1Mb or at any rate not over 100.

OK I just did a test and our download speed is 0.4Mbps. Our upload speed is 242Kbps. Today is an extremely good day, it is normally no more than half the speed.

Your internet is over ten times faster than mine. Download and upload speeds are about hte same - 2 or 3kpbs. Sometimes it drops to 1.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3146 on: 06 May 2009, 15:46 »

MY INTERNET IS POWERED BY MY CAT RUNNING ON A TREADMILL.

MY CAT IS LAZY AND DOESN'T RUN MUCH.

DO I WIN?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #3147 on: 06 May 2009, 15:47 »

Slow internet people!

I was once like you
it's time to stop posting

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3148 on: 06 May 2009, 15:56 »

I have 100mbps. That is some of the fastest internet you can get in the area I live in. Its real nice.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #3149 on: 06 May 2009, 15:58 »

You're just living in the wrong area:

Fast Internet
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 90   Go Up