THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 12 May 2024, 22:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Son, we need to have a talk.  (Read 20468 times)

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
Re: Son, we need to have a talk.
« Reply #100 on: 02 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

hey kevin barnes i thought you were supposed to be sort of a dick, what's going on
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Kevin Barnes

• Plantmonster
« Reply #101 on: 02 Feb 2009, 22:48 »

I don't have to explain himself to nobody, least of all you, woman.

Suffice to say Kevin Barnes stands for justice.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #102 on: 02 Feb 2009, 22:59 »

duchess tapioca

I am unacquainted with

And so it's happened. We have regulars who don't even know who duchess was.

A moment's silence, please.
Sor-ree. :|
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Neskah

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #103 on: 02 Feb 2009, 23:48 »

*sigh*

I need coffee.

Yes, hovering around here can be rather like living in a dysunctional house hold. If you remain silent you, you feel neglected and unloved. But you better be careful of drawing attention to yourself, cause Daddy might feel like using his belt on you tonight.

Can't dispute it.

But it's home.

I've lurked thses forums for years, hiding in the shadows. And people here can be mean and scary. But they're still more my kind of people then other free love and tenderness forums you can find out there.

I've tried to visit more user friendly forums, but i just keep coming back here.

I guess I like being spanked...

Also my collection of 40 odd mugs rawk. 40 mugs, 4 wine glasses and no tumblers..... yes i like coffee.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2009, 23:50 by Neskah »
One of the most basic rules for survival is never upset someone wearing Black Leather - This is why PETA never throws paint on Hells Angels.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #104 on: 02 Feb 2009, 23:53 »

The topic title just sounded so tedious to me, like we're bringing the music forum here too.

For clarification I actually purposely didn't post it there because we all kind of have really similar tastes so I thought maybe there'd be more variety in this forum. It was a fairly successful thread before in 2006, one of my favorites actually. It's supposed to be silly, I like laughing at myself and I thought other people might like to too.

And also when I first started posting in like 2004 Chuck was at his snarkiest. I think it was tougher then to be a new kid here. Yeah, I miss the olde crewe too but there have been awesome people joining since then. Plus I think some of them are still here and I just don't know it due to name changes. If any of you are S_Lion or Milkman Dan let me know because they were awesome posters. Also AndSheWas.

(And my favorite mug is one from the zoo that is black but when you put something hot in it it turns into animals! Still not as awesome as Mai's)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #105 on: 03 Feb 2009, 00:01 »

Mai's mug reminds me of this little thai restaurant in the Ecole Militaire in Paris. They gave you free sake, and the glasses it came in had a fisheye-distorted bottom, such that when you viewed it through liquid you could see the image at the bottom of the glass, which was a nude asian woman.

Good restaurant.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #106 on: 03 Feb 2009, 01:16 »

Bunny Orgy mug (Hornsea Pottery, 1972):

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #107 on: 03 Feb 2009, 02:40 »

i'm offended by the mugs in this thread.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #108 on: 03 Feb 2009, 02:43 »

Hey Patrick, hey.

Fuck you Patrick
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #109 on: 03 Feb 2009, 05:38 »

I want that mug.

Also nothing makes for a more welcoming forum than having a thread, arguing about how we're all a bunch of dicks, floating around the front page
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #110 on: 03 Feb 2009, 06:42 »

dude what the fuck is wrong with your brain

huda
gryff
mnementh
duchess tapioca

I mean seriously

Huda never really posted that much, the next two slipped my mind, and I am unacquainted with the last.

But yeah case in point.

Daniel's on meebo occasionally, and he made a cameo at Bostoncon.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #111 on: 03 Feb 2009, 07:52 »

(Gromit mug picture)
His nose turns red when you put hots drinks in there.

We have two of those, fuck yeah.

Also, I am sad that Patrick isnt happy with the forums, he seems like a cool guy normally and whether or not the problems he's talking about are real, maybe all he needs is a hug.

WHO WANTS TO HUG PATRICK?
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #112 on: 03 Feb 2009, 08:32 »

I don't!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #113 on: 03 Feb 2009, 08:53 »

Thus Patrick, from on high, surveyed the landscape and in his contemplation spake these words:

Blessed are the threadmakers, for theirs is the Kingdom of Hurr.
Blessed are those who troll, for they shall provoke discussion.
Blessed are the Meeblers, for they shall divide the community.
Blessed are the old timers, for they shall long for days past.
Blessed are the newbies, for they shall miss inside jokes.
Blessed is JJaques, for his is the kingdom of QC for which he cares not.

So it was written, and so it shall be.

This was a really good post.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #114 on: 03 Feb 2009, 09:05 »

WHO WANTS TO HUG PATRICK?

He is skinny and his ribs stab you if you try to hug him.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #115 on: 03 Feb 2009, 11:53 »

Bunny Orgy mug (Hornsea Pottery, 1972):

Can you call it a Bunny orgy mug if they aren't actually getting freaky?  I've been lusting after the Bunnysutra watch, but they actually get it on

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #116 on: 03 Feb 2009, 12:05 »

I wasn't going to jump in here, 'cause I posted a picture of my mug a couple of months ago when I bought it, but it's just too applicable now.

It's a bunny orgy mug (they call it the "Nighttime Animates" mug) on which they're actually doing really creepy things!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #117 on: 03 Feb 2009, 12:11 »

I want to order the penguin one so much, but they don't accept Paypal. Damn them.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #118 on: 03 Feb 2009, 17:09 »

This forum is so interesting to watch develop.  I mean, I've only been posting here for a few years, but in that time some pretty radical changes have gone down.  I used to be really afraid of Khar and Kieffer, actually.

The problems with these forums, from my end anyhow, can be separated amongst the two main groups, the regulars and the newbies.

NEWBIES:
as previously stated, this forum is tight-knit because there's people here who have been conversing over the internet for several years, and so they've grown close enough that they've gone across countries to meet up with other people from these forums.  Jumping right in to the thick of things and expecting to be immediately accepted is unreasonable; just like if you were introduced to a group of your friend's friends, and acting as if you've known them for a while.  I don't know if too many other people have done it, but when I joined the regulars were the big men on campus, the kids at the cool lunch table.  I was actively trying to be like them.  This is an example of Trying Too Hard.  Don't worry about how clique-y the forums feel, just treat it like meeting a bunch of new people.  Be yourself, make some good posts, and at least some people will like you.

REGULARS:
that said, it really does feel pretty exclusive around here.  Not that that's a bad thing!  I'm just saying, I've been posting here for almost three years and I feel like I'm just flying under the radar.  Certainly there are those who are pretty receptive to new posters, but there are still some who make this place pretty goddamn intimidating to post in just for fear of getting chewed out for having done something wrong.  The basic guidelines for posting are pretty flexible; you're not going to get a perfect post every time out of everyone.  Even more, new people are going to take some time to get a feel for how things go here.  Most new people haven't read the rules and are trying to be That Guy, but if you give them time some of them might turn out pretty good.  Take n0t_robert_b0yle Tom.  Back when he had that username, for the longest time I thought he was an awful poster and a jackass.  But over time he's become one of my favorite people to watch post here.

In general, as said several times before, everybody just needs to take it easy.  Even if a good amount of people here are good friends, this is the internet, and a lot of the inhibitions in inter-personal interactions are going to go away.  Take everything you read with a grain of salt and let's move on.

(i had to look up how long i've been a member and got curious, god damn were my first like hundred posts awful)
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #119 on: 03 Feb 2009, 17:40 »

I was hoping that would happen.

So I got* you a puppy mug

*note: not actually my mug.  had to GIS.  my mugs are boring.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #120 on: 03 Feb 2009, 18:28 »

This forum is really not bad for a new guy unless you are making a total ass of yourself. All you need is time. You will get noticed if you post consistently and aren't stupid. And even then you'll get shit every once in awhile, but everybody does and you should get thicker skin about it. This is the internet. Chances are the guy who broadsides you one day is going to up and forget about it the next. Don't take shit personally. I'm on amiable terms now with several people who I clashed with in my early days on the forum.
Indeed. Take this advice. It is true.
You all know how I know.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #121 on: 03 Feb 2009, 19:26 »

I wasn't going to jump in here, 'cause I posted a picture of my mug a couple of months ago when I bought it, but it's just too applicable now.

It's a bunny orgy mug (they call it the "Nighttime Animates" mug) on which they're actually doing really creepy things!

That may be the best coffee mug I've ever seen.

Also, if you feel you have been cheated or wronged in any way, here's something you can do;  you've got to say, "I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!"  Then I want you to get up. I want all of you to get up out of your chair. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!"

You'll feel just fine
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009, 20:00 by Blue Kitty »

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #122 on: 03 Feb 2009, 19:36 »

Why don't you go pound your nuts flat?

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #123 on: 03 Feb 2009, 20:03 »

Conclusion: Don't be a dick.

Can we move on now?

I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #124 on: 03 Feb 2009, 20:07 »

Pollution...Has...VITAMINS!!

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #125 on: 03 Feb 2009, 20:58 »

What the fuck are you talking about.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #126 on: 03 Feb 2009, 20:58 »

You know what, I don't even care.  This thread is done.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up