THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 14:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: March 16-20  (Read 48525 times)

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
Re: WCT: March 16-20
« Reply #100 on: 18 Mar 2009, 09:17 »

Man, she is one confusing lady!

They all are.   :-D   My wife in the course of a day has pointed out other lookers to me, then ripped me a new one several hours later for... well... looking.   :?

Ah well.    :-)

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #101 on: 18 Mar 2009, 09:27 »

Man ... every time I post here, I feel like people misinterpret what I'm trying to say, even though I always proofread it -- sometimes as many as five times before posting. And it's literally only this forum. And it's never the same person twice. The problem must be me, but I can't even figure it OUT. It's maddening because I love this comic and I want to post here, but it's like I'm speaking another language. Does anyone else here feel this way?

Ugh, anyway, I definitely wasn't trying to say that all men are emotionless walls who don't want to listen to their significant others talk about their feelings. Speaking as a lady with low self-esteem (though, apparently not as low as Dora's), I've specifically told my super-hot and super-popular-with-ladies boyfriend to simply NOT tell me when other women hit on him. I just don't want to know, because it makes me paranoid. If he WERE bringing it up all the time, I'd probably be a lot more inclined to think, "Gosh, must be a sign that he's interested in playing the field." I'd be more upset that he made a point of TELLING me "Hey so a girl at the library asked me out today ... I mean I said no ... I just thought I'd let you know." I'd be like, "Uh, wtf, why are you bothering to mention this?"
I can't think of any possible reason why Dora would be MAD at Marten for saying "Nothing interesting happened today." Nothing interesting DID happen. Marten is surrounded by beautiful women. Some of them think he's cute, too. Tra la la. Normal day for Marten. Normal day for ANY cute boy.
Anyway, the entire Raven conversation strikes me as a completely ... crazy conversation to even BEGIN. It's like she's setting a trap for Marten and seeing if he'll fall into it. And then he does. And then ... she ... says she doesn't care? Which again doesn't make sense, if she IS "the jealous type." BAh. ::head explodes:: I guess it's like, "well, at least he was honest!" But I didn't consider him to be DISHONEST before, so ... that doesn't ... make sense ANYWAY.

I didn't reallllllllly want to bring this argument up again. A lot of people locked antlers about this when the original arc actually happened. But I guess I may as well post this probably-badly-phrased comment anyway and watch more people rip it apart. ::sigh:: Oh, internet. I r doin it wrong.

nimnix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #102 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:04 »

I actually had a problem with Dora thinking it was "noteworthy" that a girl would hit on her boyfriend.  What, did he stop being a catch when she got him?  Does she actually believe it's so rare that other girls would find him attractive? 

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #103 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:39 »

Not every guy is a stone faced emotionless statue who will leave if you tell him how you feel. Most, especially the emo/indie/hardcore group, seem to be the most emotionally in touch. Seems to me like Dora just has some self esteem issues when it comes to girls liking Marten. Makes sense to me because of everything with Faye. However, the whole "girl asking Marten out" thing was a big deal because he didn't tell her not because the fact that other girls like him.

Her reaction was already unreasonably negative before the point at which he would reasonably have had an opportunity to tell her on the assumption that it wasn't at the front of his mind. It was at the front of her mind, therefore it's somewhat understandable that she'd assume (but not a reasonable assumption) he'd think of it right away when she asked the vague question "how was your day? anything interesting happen?". I just looked back to verify the wording and it's worse than I thought - her arms were already crossed [hostile gesture] when she asked 'anything interesting happen?'

Her reaction to the girl herself was out of line too - all she'd done was ask him out, and he wasn't wearing a ring so how was she supposed to know. She hadn't done ANYTHING wrong, even if you accept the theory that Marten had.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 10:42 by Random832 »

championofkhorne

« Reply #104 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:43 »

girls like to be crazy and mysterious because then it makes them interesting
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 12:26 by championofkhorne »

Twelvth

« Reply #105 on: 18 Mar 2009, 11:34 »

I'm not sure her reaction to the girl was too over the top.  It WAS over the top, but not necessarily too much so.  I mean, all she did was pull out her sword and glare menacingly pretty much. (as we can see from the fact that the girl is still intact and at work later.)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #106 on: 18 Mar 2009, 12:03 »

Littlefox made a post! Raw meat! BLOOD! AHHHHRRRGGGG!
*ahem*
It's like she's setting a trap for Marten and seeing if he'll fall into it. And then he does. And then ... she ... says she doesn't care? Which again doesn't make sense, if she IS "the jealous type."
Some women (no, not ALL, by any means, Malli-kite) and some men actually do this, in various forms. They say 'it's okay" because they know, have been told, seen on OOprah (Oh, how I hate her and her bearded stooge, let me count the ways), etc. that this is normal behavior (which it is), nothing serious (usually), and so on. The traps are set because, deep in the depths of their insecure little hearts, these individuals don't buy into that at all. They are certain, on some level, that their partners are always looking for a better deal, and want to catch them at it to be done with the tension and get back to the wretched loneliness they deserve.

This seems to fit Dora to a T. She got this idea about herself from girls using her to get to Sven and then ditching her. Small surprise Dora thinks Marten might be only with her until he finds someone 'better': hasn't she got evidence that this is how life works for her?

On the positive side, a few strips ago she admitted it was a problem, and that she might need help. But knowing there's a problem  is one thing; quashing that visceral reaction when your 'triggers' rear their ugly heads is quite another.

So today we see Dora as she wants to be, and strives to be daily. But unless she gets that help, the other will keep surfacing. And the harder Dora tries to keep it shoved down in the depths, the more energy it'll have when it does.

Saying that "all women are unpredictable and crazed" is as fallacious as saying "all men are sex-crazed horn-dogs"
Stop messing with out solidarity! All men are sex-crazed horn-dogs. That's our story and we're sticking to it. Are you with me, brothers?

Ranty bit over.  Time for caffeine.
Odd. Caffeine-time is where many of my rants originate. Ahh, you're recharging!

Note that I kept my plurals going. Take that, Saffire, you putz.

Edit: sigh. our solidarity. Was that Freudian?
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 12:46 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

championofkhorne

« Reply #107 on: 18 Mar 2009, 12:30 »

Saying that "all women are unpredictable and crazed" is as fallacious as saying "all men are sex-crazed horn-dogs"

Ranty bit over.  Time for caffeine.
Stop messing with out solidarity! All men are sex-crazed horn-dogs. That's our story and we're sticking to it. Are you with me, brothers?

I'm with you all the way man lol

nimnix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #108 on: 18 Mar 2009, 12:37 »

It certainly doesn't help Dora's insecurity that Marten liked Faye first.  Faye is the "something better" that Dora is worried Marten will leave her for, after all.  If only insecurity listened to logic, common sense, or proof.

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #109 on: 18 Mar 2009, 13:25 »

Buhh? The obnoxious level of defensiveness in my comment actually ... prevented people from getting mad at me? I was assuming pie-throwing and much mockery. Oh, QC forum, I want so badly to understand you, but your motivations are as mysterious to me as, well, Dora's. Or Jeph's, for that matter.

I am annoyed by the dismissiveness of multiple commenters: "Dora's just actin' like a woman! All craaaazy-like! 'Cause ... yeah!" Or even the "well, my wife does that" or "my girlfriend has done that." It only makes me lose faith in humanity to read that. "People behave irrationally because, well, they just do that at times!" Really? I mean, I guess so ... I don't really have an argument against that, but it's still an unsatisfactory answer.

I am a girl. And I like to think I act with proper motivations besides, "OMG this will be mysterious and freakaayyy and totally weird out my boyfriend lots and lots! Hahahahaha ... let him try to guess the pattern ... he will never succeed ... until he finally leaves me, which I'm just waiting for anyway, because a man's best talent is breaking hearts." But, maybe there IS no logic to what I do, and I am a slave to hormones, moods, and dessstiny.

All that aside, raoullefere -- your post made sense to me, probably the only logical justification for Dora's actions that I've even heard thus far. It doesn't completely satisfy me, but it helps more than the "well, you know how PEOPLE/WOMEN/MEN are" explanations.

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #110 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:12 »

Guys...we already had this argument. Weeks ago.  It was enough then and it's too much now.
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #111 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:24 »

In the last few strips one difference is that Dora felt in control. She started it with her fantasy, and asked Marten about his instead of having a surprise walk into her coffee shop like last time.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

championofkhorne

« Reply #112 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:30 »

Buhh? The obnoxious level of defensiveness in my comment actually ... prevented people from getting mad at me? I was assuming pie-throwing and much mockery. Oh, QC forum, I want so badly to understand you, but your motivations are as mysterious to me as, well, Dora's. Or Jeph's, for that matter.

I am annoyed by the dismissiveness of multiple commenters: "Dora's just actin' like a woman! All craaaazy-like! 'Cause ... yeah!" Or even the "well, my wife does that" or "my girlfriend has done that." It only makes me lose faith in humanity to read that. "People behave irrationally because, well, they just do that at times!" Really? I mean, I guess so ... I don't really have an argument against that, but it's still an unsatisfactory answer.

I am a girl. And I like to think I act with proper motivations besides, "OMG this will be mysterious and freakaayyy and totally weird out my boyfriend lots and lots! Hahahahaha ... let him try to guess the pattern ... he will never succeed ... until he finally leaves me, which I'm just waiting for anyway, because a man's best talent is breaking hearts." But, maybe there IS no logic to what I do, and I am a slave to hormones, moods, and dessstiny.

All that aside, raoullefere -- your post made sense to me, probably the only logical justification for Dora's actions that I've even heard thus far. It doesn't completely satisfy me, but it helps more than the "well, you know how PEOPLE/WOMEN/MEN are" explanations.

the fact you have no answer to this pretty much prove what we are talking about.

if everyone acted on logic alone all the time, the world would be a very very boring place. Most teen and tewntysomething grls are slaves to hormones to some point. It is like boys not being able to help but want to nail every girl he sees. It is just how things are, at least until the point comes where everyone is drugged into castration

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #113 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:35 »

I don't get people

Man, she is one confusing lady!

They all are.   :-D   My wife in the course of a day has pointed out other lookers to me, then ripped me a new one several hours later for... well... looking.   :?

Ah well.    :-)

I've never gotten that, seriously. Why tell someone it's ok to do something and then jump on them when they do? And to get crazy with your s.o. for looking at someone else? I mean, ok, if they are standing right in front of you dead staring and practically salivating with a "got to get me some of that" look going I could understand getting worked up, relationship issues aside that's just plain rude and disrespectful to both you and the person they're staring at, but an appreciative once over is nothing to get mad about.

I'm a jealous woman, well ... I would be if I felt I had a reason to be. I point out hot girls to The Man all the time and he points them out to me. That doesn't bother me in the least. I look and I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong. I'm certainly not looking to get anything on the side or find someone new and no matter how attractive I think someone is, I'd choose The Man any day. I like to think it's the same for him and he's yet to prove me wrong. It irks me when other ladies hit on him, but I don't get upset at him. That would be ridiculous. :roll:
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #114 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:22 »

Hmmm...  Angus is back and looking for a good hard rebound sass.  Hmmm...

And he probably came to the right place. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #115 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:30 »

New comic is hilarious, Marten's a liar.

True, unless this doesn't count as fantasizing about Faye.

He might claim that he wasn't fantasizing about himself and Faye in that instance. 

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #116 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:32 »

ANGUS!!

YAY ANGUS!!!

While I have my doubts as to whether Jeph will have Faye and Angus hook-up I really think they could make a good couple. Faye likes to dish it and, while Angus likes taking it, he's not a doormat. I think it would be good for Faye if Angus at least hung around more for a while.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Thiefree

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mostly gone
    • Thiefree.net
« Reply #117 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

Ok, uncomfortable introspection time.

I like pointing out women that I know my boyfriend will find attractive, because it shows that I know what he likes, and it makes me look permissive, relaxed, and confident in my relationship with him.

However, I do get annoyed when he says a particular woman is hot, even if it's just a random chick in a film that he'll never meet. I don't say I'm annoyed, and I don't act on it, but it's there nevertheless.

It feels as though, if I bring it up, I have control of the situation. I am "allowing" him to think about women, I suppose.

I realise I'm just lending credibility to the "bitches be crazy" theory, but there you have it.

Thiefree

• mostly gone
    • Thiefree.net
« Reply #118 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:38 »

ANGUS!!

YAY ANGUS!!!

While I have my doubts as to whether Jeph will have Faye and Angus hook-up I really think they could make a good couple. Faye likes to dish it and, while Angus likes taking it, he's not a doormat. I think it would be good for Faye if Angus at least hung around more for a while.

I completely agree. However this develops, it'll make for good story.

Mojo

« Reply #119 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:40 »

Umm...  Considering I've read Anders loves Maria, the idea of ANYONE at CoD "snailing" someone's coffee seems rather... unusual...

I trust this was not an intentional reference?

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #120 on: 18 Mar 2009, 18:53 »

So Angus likes the abuse of CoD, does he?

Maybe he should seek the "services" of Marten's mom instead. ;)

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #121 on: 18 Mar 2009, 19:10 »

So Angus likes the abuse of CoD, does he?

Maybe he should seek the "services" of Marten's mom instead. ;)

OMG... you didn't just go there, did you?

*whispers* "He just went there!!"

Manix

« Reply #122 on: 18 Mar 2009, 19:35 »

In a way I actually think Angus would be better for Faye than Sven, as Sven is still working through years of instinctual womanizing. Of course, Angus isn't near as popular as Sven, and I'm sure his reappearance will bring out all the Angus-haters back to the forefront. Of course, i'm also convinced that the only reason Jeph made Faye get together with Sven is because Fans were screaming for it.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #123 on: 18 Mar 2009, 19:42 »

Of course, i'm also convinced that the only reason Jeph made Faye get together with Sven is because Fans were screaming for it.

Uhh... clearly, you haven't read QC for very long. Jeph has a track record of doing the opposite of what fans are screaming for. :P

lisavilisa

• Plantmonster
« Reply #124 on: 18 Mar 2009, 19:45 »

Umm...  Considering I've read Anders loves Maria, the idea of ANYONE at CoD "snailing" someone's coffee seems rather... unusual...

I thought the same thing, seeing as Jeph also likes A<3M, I wouldn't trust that notion.

cory54321

• Not quite a lurker
  • ZING!
« Reply #125 on: 18 Mar 2009, 20:00 »

HOORAY FOR ANGUS!
*throws confetti*

I really hope this goes somewhere.
MWUAHAHAHAHA

Lyrical

• Plantmonster
« Reply #126 on: 18 Mar 2009, 20:14 »

As far as I can tell, Dora thinks those particular women are hot, likes them, and trusts them not to go behind her back to hook up with Marten.  So, she can share "isn't so and so yummy" moments with him, especially if *she* initiates it.  Strange women she doesn't know and trust hitting on him pushes her insecurity buttons. 

Littlefox, I'm usually pretty logical/rational/easygoing, but I know I have occasional weird moments.  I wouldn't want to date another girl because most of them have too high drama content!  Guys can be jerks sometimes, of course, but in general, they don't tend to be as moody, and so far I've been lucky to mostly date good ones.

lauren!

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #127 on: 18 Mar 2009, 20:38 »

I totally thought that was Wil at first.
What's this about nudity?

Mojo

« Reply #128 on: 18 Mar 2009, 20:54 »

I thought the same thing, seeing as Jeph also likes A<3M, I wouldn't trust that notion.

Well, I'm not a woman, but I can only assume the process would be rather... painful.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #129 on: 18 Mar 2009, 21:01 »

AAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another prodigal QC Character returns!

Props to Jeph for bringing Angus back.

Props to Angus for not getting eaten by an Allosaurus. (also for not coming into CoD with his soon-to-be-ex and PDA'ing in front of Faye, for that would have had similar results)

Props to the Allosaurs of the World for not eating Angus (Or Faye for that matter)

And Finally, Props to Faye for using the word snail as a verb.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

lisavilisa

• Plantmonster
« Reply #130 on: 18 Mar 2009, 21:06 »

Well, I'm not a woman, but I can only assume the process would be rather... painful.

Let's hope you never get a woman angry enough that you find out.
 :wink:

the_shankmaster

• Sweet Niblets
« Reply #131 on: 18 Mar 2009, 21:37 »

"I was dating this girl who was really mean to people, but I finally couldn't take it anymore so I broke up with her.  Hey, you feel like being mean to me today?  I could use a good belittling."
-I thought you said you put the "tennis" in "Tennessee!"
-I guess I kind of left it there.

• Plantmonster
  • WOOOO!
« Reply #132 on: 18 Mar 2009, 21:41 »

sounds like angus just broke up with an extreme-faye....

i say that with love, i like faye

and i'm SO not for a faye/angus relationship. i used to just not like angus, then i was all for sven/faye, and now...i think i'm just holding on to the hope that sven will eventually come groveling...

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #133 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:00 »

AH!  Sense!  Dora was upset about the cover up and evasion, not the girl.

Yes he totally COVERED UP that INSIGNIFICANT INCIDENT IN WHICH HE ACTED COMPLETELY APPROPAROIPUA;LK;AOIWE4YUGT;IOHARDG(CRITICAL ERROR CTRL^C TO QUIT)
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 22:04 by fifthfiend »

Mominator

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #134 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:17 »

sounds like angus just broke up with an extreme-faye....

i say that with love, i like faye

and i'm SO not for a faye/angus relationship. i used to just not like angus, then i was all for sven/faye, and now...i think i'm just holding on to the hope that sven will eventually come groveling...

Yess!  Precisely! Maybe Sven will see Faye and Angus talking and/or dating, and he will get all emo, and write a really bad country song, and sing something at Faye on karaoke night,...  :-o
* Mominator carefully puts her squeeing fangirl persona back in its box, sorry about that folks.  I'm better now.

sieckanddestroy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #135 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:20 »

I totally thought that was Wil at first.
Glad I'm not the only one :D (Where'd the allosaurus head go? :()
Kovacs pretending to be Rorschach or Rorschach pretending to be me?

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #136 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:58 »

The back-chat between Angus and Faye can be funny, but the idea of them hooking up is still revolting.

Silverback

« Reply #137 on: 18 Mar 2009, 23:03 »

I loved the Allosaurus reference. Funny as hell to hear Faye mention the fate of unwanted minor characters. 

I kind of suspect Angus will hang around Faye long enough for Sven to notice... and perhaps get a little jealous?  That would be fun.  And Dora would throw swords from behind the counter and tell them to fight like real men for their woman.  Hahaha.   :-D

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #138 on: 18 Mar 2009, 23:22 »

Hey!  Good to see Angus back after a long absence.  I wonder if Faye will wind up dating him just to piss Sven off.

With Faye, it's possible.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

ecstaticjoy

• I like math
« Reply #139 on: 18 Mar 2009, 23:46 »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! THANKS Jeph, it's definitely up to standard. I'm so happy Angus is back!

quixotic

« Reply #140 on: 19 Mar 2009, 00:02 »

Faye and Angus don't have to hook up, I'm just glad to have their banter back again.

Mojo

« Reply #141 on: 19 Mar 2009, 00:15 »

Here's the reference I'm seeing, whether Jeph meant it or not...

http://anderslovesmaria.reneengstrom.com/2008/07/07/174-chicago/

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #142 on: 19 Mar 2009, 00:58 »

I once thought Angus's love of sass was simply a ploy to get Faye's attention. Looking at this strip...I wonder. Of course, it could still be a line of bull.

Anyway, after a relationship collapses, it's nice to have someone seem interested, no matter how strange. Well, up to a point, but Angus is far, far away from being that bad. You know, Scott "Carrot Top" Thompson fan bad.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #143 on: 19 Mar 2009, 01:29 »

I loved the Allosaurus reference. Funny as hell to hear Faye mention the fate of unwanted minor characters. 

I thought the same, and loved the line:

""Occupied?" Is that code for "World Of Warcraft and Masturbation"?"

I kind of suspect Angus will hang around Faye long enough for Sven to notice... and perhaps get a little jealous?  That would be fun.  And Dora would throw swords from behind the counter and tell them to fight like real men for their woman.  Hahaha.   :-D

I see see them both in the CoD, wielding swords:

Angus:"I really don't want through with this. Someone could be hurt."

Sven: "Yeah--"

Dora: "HEY! I want blood!"
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #144 on: 19 Mar 2009, 01:32 »

I see see them both in the CoD, wielding swords:

Angus:"I really don't want through with this. Someone could be hurt."

Sven: "Yeah--"

Dora: "HEY! I want blood!"

Faye: "It's Sara's turn to clean up the blood."

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #145 on: 19 Mar 2009, 03:12 »

Coincidentally, the gods to which Angus and pals sacrificed the goat was the same we all sacrificed various household animals in order to see Angus.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #146 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:25 »

Here's the reference I'm seeing, whether Jeph meant it or not...

http://anderslovesmaria.reneengstrom.com/2008/07/07/174-chicago/

that was actually exactly what i was going for
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #147 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:28 »

*HanTai group forms a Phalanx*

COME AND GET THEM!!

Pfft. Like HanTai shippers could lug around 200 pounds of armor, carry a nine-foot spear by the end, and hold position for hours with all the world's armies slamming against their shields.

HOORAY FOR ANGUS!
*throws confetti*

I hope Angus goes somewhere.

Like Hell, maybe.

Coincidentally, the gods to which Angus and pals sacrificed the goat was the same we all sacrificed various household animals in order to see Angus.

So, you mean Zeus, the god of "if the woman says "go away" she really means "give me your number", and if she says "no" a lot, then you should fuck her right then and there"?

johndoubts

« Reply #148 on: 19 Mar 2009, 06:06 »

The first few times I read the last panel I thought he said some "hard rebound ass" and I was like, wow... forward.

I think she should bone him.

Thiefree

• mostly gone
    • Thiefree.net
« Reply #149 on: 19 Mar 2009, 06:27 »

HOORAY FOR ANGUS!
*throws confetti*

I hope Angus goes somewhere.

Like Hell, maybe.

So, you mean Zeus, the god of "if the woman says "go away" she really means "give me your number", and if she says "no" a lot, then you should fuck her right then and there"?

Controversial! Be honest though, there's no way you're going to get a yes from Faye without a whole bunch of no first.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up