THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 11 May 2024, 11:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Wasn't Going to Say Anything, but McPhee Brought it Up.  (Read 3670 times)

idkrash

• Not quite a lurker
  • Can't U Trp Lk Ey Doo

Why isn't anyone wearing gloves.  Its freezing out there.

Oh, right microfiber future gloves. Whatever.   :police:

Junodog

• Not quite a lurker
  • Beregond needs more love.

Snow isn't all that cold if you're not touching it directly.  I grew up in a town where winter lasts for six months (and going to college in a similar setting, in fact, it's snowing right now!) and if it's warm enough to snow (yes I said warm on purpose), then gloves are only a necessity if you plan on touching a lot of snow or something else that's cold (like a metal flag pole), are moving quickly (i.e., biking, skiing, hockey, etc.), or you plan on being outside for a very long time with no option of going inside.  Also, this party was spontaneous, and most people don't bring gloves with them everywhere they go (see above).

Now that I've given in to my need to answer random questions on the internet, I have to ask: why does this need its very own thread?  Couldn't this have fit in the WCT or something?
Quote from: Xipher from elsewhere
I'ma gonna charge my kitty vengance lazer beam. It's the cutest death ray you'll ever see.

Tybalt

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Can't always unscramble eggs

It doesn't need it's own thread.

But that's a good point.  And hats!  And scarfs!  I don't care how spontaneous it is out there, I would walk a few miles back to my house to get my frigging hat.
...and that's why I eat bugs.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite

I don't often wear gloves. I can't do shit with my hands otherwise. Scarves are cool though
There is no sin except stupidity

bicostp

• Beyoncé

The only thing winter gloves are good for is making snowballs. Like Junodog said, unless you're directly handling snow, they're annoying and get in the way. (Can't even press the garage door opener button or work a freaking DOORKNOB with them on... I hate having effective fingertips the size of hot dogs.)

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.

During winter I always carry gloves in my pockets. Screw snow! When the wind blows so bitter you feel the cold in your bones, you need gloves. Of course, round here it isn't unusual during winter to get advisories saying any part you don't cover will be frostbitten in minutes.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

lhasafi

• Plantmonster
  • Looking for a recipe for yelling-bird stew

It doesn't need it's own thread.

But that's a good point.  And hats!  And scarfs!  I don't care how spontaneous it is out there, I would walk a few miles back to my house to get my frigging hat.
Not to nitpick, but Hanners had a hat. Which makes her just about the only sensible character in that party.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

But it was a worry hat, i. e. she was using the hat to calm her anxieties, not to keep her head warm.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!

See, if idkrash hadn't made this thread, we'd have had a long ole WCT and someone would have made a crack about it. Don't encourage 'em, I say.

At least there was no ass out there in shorts. There usually is one, y'know.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 18:38 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up