THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 May 2024, 09:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic 090409  (Read 3135 times)

ltuspud

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Comic 090409
« on: 04 Sep 2009, 07:22 »

You gotta love the old school Ninja Gaiden reference in the comic...

Gnomo

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Comic 090409
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2009, 09:58 »

=== === === === === === End of Message === === === === === ===

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2009, 13:23 »

This is what the WCT is for.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2009, 15:02 »

And yet, in all the vast tracts of n00b required reading for this forum, there is no mention of the WCT. Given the natural propensity for internet conversations to stray from the original topic, even a newcomer who pokes around a bit before starting a thread might not realize that the WCT is the designated place for all discussion of recent comics. It could be especially problematic for posters who do not speak English as a primary language; even with the dates listed it might be difficult to guess the meaning of the letters 'WCT'. I've seen several new members scolded for infractions against the WCT in just the few weeks I've been posting. As such, it might be time to add an explanation in one of the "Read before posting" threads.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

danman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2009, 15:29 »

And yet, in all the vast tracts of n00b required reading for this forum, there is no mention of the WCT. Given the natural propensity for internet conversations to stray from the original topic, even a newcomer who pokes around a bit before starting a thread might not realize that the WCT is the designated place for all discussion of recent comics. It could be especially problematic for posters who do not speak English as a primary language; even with the dates listed it might be difficult to guess the meaning of the letters 'WCT'. I've seen several new members scolded for infractions against the WCT in just the few weeks I've been posting. As such, it might be time to add an explanation in one of the "Read before posting" threads.

You are very right . I am a foreigner and when i first came here i thought WCT + the date was a talk about some convention or event, and only when it changed after a week i realised it is about the comic itself.
maybe it would be best to add a top-ranked locked empty thread with title "WCT means discussion of recent comics -e"
so that everyone would see it directly
"The pyramid is opening!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
                -- Firesign Theater, "How Can You Be In Two Places At
                   Once When You're Not Anywhere At All"

Gnomo

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2009, 16:00 »

What does WCT stands for?
=== === === === === === End of Message === === === === === ===

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #6 on: 04 Sep 2009, 16:14 »

Weekly Comic Talk.

There used to be an entire forum for the WCT threads but it turned into nothing but "I want [character] to hook up with [character]" and "I wish [character] was my [boy/girl]friend", so everyone got hit by a truck and the WCT threads go here now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up