THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 May 2024, 10:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 913027 times)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1700 on: 14 Apr 2010, 23:22 »

Oh, absurd. That's it. It is absurd.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1701 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:15 »

I thought that bieber was a girl.

Babynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynames
babynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynames
babynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynamesbabynames

etc.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1702 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:19 »

blah the hot water is off in the apartment complex.  cold shower in a cold morning is not how I was hoping to start the day. :x
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1703 on: 15 Apr 2010, 02:54 »

Just came home on a nice cool day after lugging heavy bags home from the shops to find my housemate cookin' the most amazing smelling stew.
Nick you are the best ever.
Also thankyou for the beer.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1704 on: 15 Apr 2010, 05:34 »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1705 on: 15 Apr 2010, 05:54 »

Blog Thread,
I had a dream last night. I am one of those people who doesn't dream usually at all (which means I am one of those people who forgets his dreams before waking) but last night I had a dream. It was a little odd, some things were happening, but the important part to my waking memory was that we were writing the script for a movie. I guess script-writing was on my mind because I've watched a lot of movies in my unemployed stint here, and in desperation for more sci-fi movies I downloaded not one but two soft-core cyberpunk films thinking they'd be entertaining (they weren't, one was actually kind of disturbing at parts) but the point is that they both had terrible scripts (surprise) and I must have been thinking about writing screenplays or something. I was also reading up on screenwriters after recently watching Crazy Heart and There Will Be Blood so maybe that was it instead?
Anyways I had to write a screenplay, and I think what we were writing was some kind of re-interpretation of Hamlet? We were doing it in this new style that was looking pretty cool and then I realized we were taking lots of influences from Dune, and then I realized that Dune and Hamlet were exactly the same thing! OK they aren't actually but in my sleep it was an epiphany, and anyways, what I am getting at, is that I would like someone to do a new film of Hamlet set on a desert planet with still suits and sandworms because I think that'd be great.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1706 on: 15 Apr 2010, 06:01 »

You guys I am so SICK of applying for jobs knowing full well that they aren't going to bother replying, even with a single line email saying "Thank you for your application but the vacancy has been filled" or something like that.

SOMEONE GIVE ME A JOB. Preferably as a nanny/au pair but at this point I'm willing to do almost anything.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #1707 on: 15 Apr 2010, 06:11 »

I wish it were possible to respond to every application/resume I get. Truth is, though, when I post a job ad I get no less than 200 responses overnight. 90% of which are from people who lack the job requirements.

Actually, I kind of just want to respond with "DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT WORKING IN A GAS STATION MEANS YOU CAN DO ACCOUNTING?"

Not to say that you're just tossing your resume in front of every pleeb with an open position, but that the recruiter is probably up to his nipples in resumes and literally doesn't have time to be courteous.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1708 on: 15 Apr 2010, 08:58 »

I had my last class yesterday, which was an excellent feeling. My professor talked to us for a while, took feedback, and asked us to thing about certain things "next time [we] are on LSD." I then went outside, ran into a pal of mine, drank a pitcher of beer and played pool at the campus bar, went to a wine and cheese for an undergraduate journal, and hung out with with some friends late in to the night. It made a wonderful change from the night before, where I was up until two AM completing my ethics and philosophy papers. Basically, it is pretty nearly summer!

But now I have to learn Python so I can write some silly program which is due at midnight tonight, and I really don't want to. Like I kind of want to just leave it until tomorrow and hand it in late, with five percent off, but I feel like that would be silly. And Python is supposed to be easy, right?

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1709 on: 15 Apr 2010, 11:55 »

Good lord fuck C, why didn't we just use Python for everything in this damn course

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1710 on: 15 Apr 2010, 12:32 »

Python is pretty rad, but being fluent in C is useful for getting employed.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1711 on: 15 Apr 2010, 17:43 »

Stupid cloggy toilet and stupid broken plunger.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1712 on: 16 Apr 2010, 05:36 »

wheeeeee on the way to brighton!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1713 on: 16 Apr 2010, 05:49 »

About to head off to an interview at one of the colleges I applied to. I'm hoping I get accepted there, too, because I pretty much have two weeks to figure out which school I want to go to and I need to compare financial aid stuff to figure out. This is the smallest of the three and also the only private school, so I'll just have to see what my impression is after today. (I only have two weeks because one of the three requires acceptance by May 1, which really kind of sucks, but whatever.)

Also I'm getting my hair cut. It's with someone new and I have no idea what I want, so hopefully that goes well, too!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1714 on: 16 Apr 2010, 08:45 »

i just received my formal letter of admission to simon fraser university's criminology ma program in burnaby and paid my $250 nonrefundable deposit. tonight i will need to somehow compose a very apologetic email to ottawa explaining that i am no longer able to to go their school.

i am actually moving to the other side of the country in less than five months. i'm going to live in vancouver. i'm going to be broke as fuck but this is still basically going to be a dream come true regardless. holy fucking shit, you guys.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1715 on: 16 Apr 2010, 08:53 »

Congrats Tania! I'm sure every uni gets a ton of people making a different choice in the end so they'll be used to the apologetic emails.

I have just sent off my twelth application for a nanny/au pair/mother's help job and I actually have a pretty good feeling about this one - I have to be one of the first people to apply since no one else had even viewed the ad when I opened it (it was only posted about ten minutes ago I think), and they sound like they're looking for someone who has the same experience as I do. Also, I just got my exam dates through and I'm done by June 2nd, which means I can start a full two weeks earlier than I expected, providing they're flexible about letting me come back here for two days (I'm going to balls on the 14th and 15th which is non-negotiable, but it's only a few hours on the train so I wouldn't need very much time off).

Today's being fairly productive so far - I've blitzed some work in a couple of hours and I'm aiming for at least another three today, preferably to get the whole of the next section finished. Also I found a tea towel so I've done all the washing up and my room no longer smells like wet dog (turns out it was the scrambled eggs). Means I can cook a proper meal tonight too!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #1716 on: 16 Apr 2010, 09:02 »

Guys, I need to make new friends, but when I go out I get nervous and drink too much and in the morning I am filled with regret regardless of whether I said/did something stupid and I don't maintain new connections.

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1717 on: 16 Apr 2010, 10:26 »

Jens, I know I said this already in meebo but now that I know you've hung out with them several times already today I reiterate that you have every right to say no. Even if you didn't have work to do, you'd have that right but considering that you have stuff that has to be done, it is selfish and unfair of them to insist that spending the evening with them is more important than what you want to do.

Blog thread, I want a reply to my job application right now! Preferably one that goes "Hello May, you sound absolutely wonderful, come and meet us and we'll give you a contract to sign!".

nobo

« Reply #1718 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:19 »

FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH GOT A JOB IN MICHIGAN, NO MORE FUCKING LONG DISTANCE FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #1719 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:39 »

HUGS AND HUGS AND CONGRATULATIONS AND I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1720 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:52 »

AND I HEARD BACK FROM THE BEST NANNYING JOB I HAVE APPLIED FOR SO FAR AND THEY WOULD LIKE TO MEET ME!

Awesome.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #1721 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:54 »

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME WOOOOOOO
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

nobo

« Reply #1722 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:55 »

Thanks! Its one big fat thing to take off the to do list.

Fuck yeah! o/
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1723 on: 16 Apr 2010, 15:03 »

\o :D

Apparently my CV is "very impressive"  8-)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1724 on: 16 Apr 2010, 15:14 »

Congrats to you both!

I went to my interview today and was pretty much told I'd get in, woo! Just need to visit the last school to make my decision, but so far I'm leaning away from my old uni and towards the other two.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1725 on: 16 Apr 2010, 15:39 »

Last night I spent the evening eating Thai food and watching DVDs and being a nigel no-friends. Then got in a blue mood because I have no friends and am frittering my life away and am just a waste of space.

It's been a while since I felt this crappy about myself, and even then I wasn't that bad. I guess that is a good thing, but I still felt pretty shit and lonely. I need to make friends, but I don't know how, and am terrible at initialising anything, so even when I do make friends i never call them to hang out or nuthin'. Pretty shitty.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1726 on: 16 Apr 2010, 15:45 »

Want to hang out sometime then?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1727 on: 16 Apr 2010, 16:52 »

I am jealous that you guys all live so close together. You all need to hang out more often.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1728 on: 16 Apr 2010, 18:10 »

I am running a temperature also I am shivering man this sucks. As soon as the kettle is boiled I'm taking my NeoCitron and getting in my bed. It is ten o'clock that is not unreasonable.
Being alone and sick sucks. It is like, don't feel like doing anything, don't feel like doing nothing, and no one around to keep you going. Like I remember being sick when I was younger and going to bed at like one in the afternoon because I couldn't do anything else and then I woke up at like 5:30 and I was hungry and my family was at the table and I ate rice & fried chicken and felt happy and went back to sleep and woke up better.
Now I am just like bluhhhh I wish someone here would make me soup. Mom is out of town for the week, I am just here alone, I had a job interview this morning for a job I was keen on but I think I bombed a bit in the interview because my head was groggy and slow.
I am trying to think if I've eaten enough today. I think I have, but my stupid eating schedule is off and I eat at like eleven o'clock, six o'clock, and then eleven~midnight so I'm afraid in an hour I'll wake up hungry and I've got no food that is good for sick people.

I am in bed now. It is cozy. I haven't taken my sweater off.

Man I am unhappy. I can't wait to be employed. This one job said they'd take me and I'd start end of the month, the other job I am more keen on (much closer to home, QA not call centre) so I hope to hear them say monday 'we'll take you'. I am considering sending an addendum e-mail saying 'hey sorry I was sick today here are like three things that I meant to say but didn't also I want to clarify that bad response'.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1729 on: 16 Apr 2010, 19:30 »

Hannah and Jimmy we are going to see a move tonight called "The Room." Look it up!
If you could like to come to the Chauvel tonight to see it with Max and I we would be honoured.
Also if you come back to mine after it will be full of Roller Derby girls.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1730 on: 16 Apr 2010, 21:34 »

I can't decide if I'm getting really good at coping with deaths or if I'm going crazy at a faster clip than I had previously anticipated.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1731 on: 16 Apr 2010, 21:35 »

Oh dear, does that mean someone has died?

Guys it is like 5.30am it is way too early to have already been up for half an hour.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1732 on: 16 Apr 2010, 21:36 »

My life is pretty much wall to wall death at this point. I have had 3 relatives die in as many months and then there's my job so yeah.

I'm kinda strung out, to the point where apparently I'm checking threads like, every 30 seconds.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1733 on: 16 Apr 2010, 23:01 »

Hey Blog thread,
So today I stayed at home on a Saturday which is something that very rarely happens. I am always so busy! I cleaned the kitchen and the courtyard a little bit and sat outside and ate muesli and drank tea with my housemates in our jammies.
After that I took my little bedside table drawers that I have had my entire life and stripped off four layers of assorted multicoloured designs I had painted on it in my lifetime. I just finished the second coat of fresh cream paint and I am pretty proud!

Also I did a little Ikea stool I had.
Next job, painting my desk!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1734 on: 17 Apr 2010, 18:55 »

Woo! Once school's over in May, I'm going to be directing a music video.  :-D
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1735 on: 17 Apr 2010, 19:31 »

i am starting to go a bit crazy too. yesterday at work something happened that has never happened before where i was so mentally and physically exhausted that at about 2pm i basically snapped and started crying for absolutely no reason. not in the "something small happened and i was emotional so i overreacted" way but for literally no reason at all. it was like someone just flipped a switch in my head labelled "start crying". my boss was really cool about it and basically told me to go home immediately and sleep. i compromised and slept on a bench at finch station for a couple of hours instead.
this has been the fifth month of nonstop 60-65 hour work weeks at a job i utterly despise with no days off, i guess it's finally starting to get to me in a really big way. as excited as i am for september and where i'm going with my life, right now everything really, really fucking sucks. i really need to sort myself out.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

sean

• welp
« Reply #1736 on: 17 Apr 2010, 20:38 »

i spent all evening getting stoned around a campfire with my buddies and this girl ive started talking to and now im getting snacks and smoking another bowl with her.

fuck yeah!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1737 on: 17 Apr 2010, 23:12 »

so the cute boy who liked my friend instead of me turned out to be crazy.  and for once i don't have to be the one to deal with it!  ok life, maybe you are not as dumb as i thought.

on a more serious note: everything is going great and life is good.  i mean, my job sucks and school is stressful and boys are annoying.  but none of that matters because the good parts overshadow everything else.  this feels pretty nice!
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1738 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:25 »

I had a great day.

I fear I'm going to be coming down with a motherfuckinghorrible cold in a few days, though.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1739 on: 18 Apr 2010, 18:01 »

I had a great day too. Got some Fudge on sale, went and saw Leonardo DiCaprio talk abut the Hubble Telescope.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME WOOOOOOO
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1740 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:55 »

I decide to not go in to uni today and do my lab from home because I was far too tired to drive when I would have had to leave in order to get there on time. Turns out I can't get my files from here.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #1741 on: 19 Apr 2010, 00:54 »

So the police woke me up at 8:30am with a phone call telling me to visit my local police station to give another witness statement, about a crime I can't remember very well. Woo hoo.  :-(
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1742 on: 19 Apr 2010, 01:58 »

I got banned from Kotaku! It's a shame Brian Ashcraft probably thought I was trolling. I really truly believe he is a hack writer.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1743 on: 19 Apr 2010, 07:23 »

Hahahaha

Yeah fuck Bashcraft a bit.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #1744 on: 19 Apr 2010, 09:52 »

First four episodes of my cable show are all edited!  Hurray!

Time to make a really cool condensed clip, promos and have a premier party!

The first mini season will start the first weekend in May.  The episodes will go online during that time as well.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1745 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:46 »

I'm going to London next Friday to meet my potential summer employer and her two sons. I'm not really sure what to wear - what would you wear to an interview to be a mother's help? Obviously wearing a suit to meet a 2 year old and a 14 week old is not sensible (plus I don't have one) but what do I wear?

Also, I have a ton of work to do before 12 tomorrow but I am going to bed because I am too tired to concentrate.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1746 on: 19 Apr 2010, 15:55 »

Hahahaha

Yeah fuck Bashcraft a bit.

I feel like I could take his job. That's pretty amazing, given that my posting on this forum serves as ample proof that my writing style is the prose equivalent of a really bad case of diarrhea-- everything stinks and nobody knows when it will end.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1747 on: 19 Apr 2010, 16:16 »

I'm going to London next Friday to meet my potential summer employer and her two sons. I'm not really sure what to wear - what would you wear to an interview to be a mother's help? Obviously wearing a suit to meet a 2 year old and a 14 week old is not sensible (plus I don't have one) but what do I wear?

Also, I have a ton of work to do before 12 tomorrow but I am going to bed because I am too tired to concentrate.

A suit would definitely be over the top, but perhaps a nice pair of pants and a blouse? Or maybe some sort of dress that isn't fancy or over the top, but something smart and neat and tidy. You want to make an impression that you can take care of yourself and therefore her sons, but she obviously wont have you wearing anything fancy while running around after two young boys.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1748 on: 20 Apr 2010, 07:16 »

Yesterday we had our fiist tournament, it was really just a smallish affair so that the sensei can check out the freshmen's levels and begin the selection process for the school team. Most of the foreigners were eliminated in the first round including me but I am not so disappointed as I lost to hthe guy who went on to get 2nd place overall (out of 80 or so participants) and I gave him a good fight. To get a point in Kendo you need to get two of the three judges to award you the point and one of my strikes managed to raise one flag. Until he lost the final, this guy never recieved a point or even get a flag go up against him. Today I got my ass handed to me by maybe the 20th time or so this month, it is awesome.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1749 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:25 »

what would you wear to an interview to be a mother's help?

"Sensible" is fine; but a step up from jeans, because it's an interview.

Oh, and some bloggery...

Last year I could get a year's worldwide travel insurance for £45 (no extreme sports, of course).  Now half the companies won't insure me at all, and the other half will only give me single trip insurance, at £400 a pop for a week in the US.

Seriously, don't  give yourselves a heart attack - it's just not worth it!
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2010, 12:32 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 81   Go Up