THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 May 2024, 00:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 912841 times)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #2350 on: 25 May 2010, 23:45 »

Or maybe not everyone's actions are fraught with meaning and they are just dicks.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2351 on: 25 May 2010, 23:46 »

Well, yeah obviously. I'm not saying whoever did it wasn't a dick. I'm just saying that the original artist is a whiny bitch and does not have a valid point in saying someone is afraid of doing exactly what the did.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #2352 on: 25 May 2010, 23:52 »

on graffiti - the whole point is that yr not asking permission from the nice man in a suit yr just doing it cause you feel it needs to be done. so that dude can stay the fuck outta dc too.

also emaline wayyyyyyyyy to ruin my image of goth night forever i'll have you know i found that mental image to be quite amusing.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2353 on: 26 May 2010, 00:00 »

This is the image of goth night you probably should have.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2354 on: 26 May 2010, 00:26 »

That is not an image anybody should have.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2355 on: 26 May 2010, 01:03 »

i dunno what's more upsetting, the baby covered in blood or the fact that it's breast feeding from someone who's definitely holding pbr

motherhood!
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2356 on: 26 May 2010, 11:22 »

(You get that it's not a real baby, right?)

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2357 on: 26 May 2010, 11:23 »

(yes :P)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2358 on: 26 May 2010, 14:14 »

>reasontonevergotogothnight.jpg

This is the image of goth night you probably should have.

>Implying that goth night is something people care about.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2359 on: 26 May 2010, 14:20 »

Guy, I just got back from the dentist. I have to get surgery to remove all of my wisdom teeth. One has been super acting crazy lately, and it has pushed through my gums, and it has these crazy roots, and the dentist said he could do it himself because of that and because it's so close to my jaw nerve, and they'd have to cut bone and gums and :(((((((((((

And I have to get a night mouth guard. :(

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2360 on: 26 May 2010, 14:21 »

I honestly don't give a fuck that it's Shepard Fairey's stuff they're covering up, it's the fact that people in this city are trying to bring a small artistic revolution here and people are so blind to that. So what if it's offensive to you, art is pretty much always going to be offensive to someone. And since this is whole shebang is being run by the Contemporary Arts Center, the city, and the individual businesses that these murals are being put on, I don't see it as graffiti - it's part of a public exhibit. Now, these are not permanent as they're wheat pasted on, but it's still art and vandalizing art pushes my buttons. People in this city are trying to do something awesome and some people just want to ruin it because they don't agree with it. There are lots of murals downtown that were done by a local non-profit gallery, but when we get a big name to do several, non-permanent ones, people have a shit fit. Fuck them.

Also, if you didn't notice, this is the second one to be covered up. The first one was done by the business owner because he and others thought it too offensive, so he paid someone to paint over it. That one I can understand and don't have a problem with. But the second one is vandalism. Someone took the initiative to deface public art without permission. None of the murals that were put up in February were messed with, but I think that was because they were downtown and in Northside, another community that majorly supports art. The second round of these involved putting them in more conservative areas (and this is a pretty conservative city) and that's when all the problems began. So yes, whoever did it was simply being a dick. And if Shepard Fairey did it for publicity, then that means he's a dick too. It's stupid.

This whole thing just makes me feel that if some other artist wants to do a show that involve murals, they won't want to come here simply because this city is stupid when it comes to murals.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2361 on: 26 May 2010, 15:06 »

But the second one is vandalism.

This is where one could argue that vandalism is art and....

Someone took the initiative to deface public art without permission.

Quote from:  Fairey
By covering up the mural, the perpetrator is demonstrating that there are still people in the world who have a fear of artistic and free expression...

Wouldn't needing permission kinda defeat the whole purpose of not having "fear of artistic and free expression"? By covering up the mural, the perpetrator is demonstrating that they have no fear of these things and thus don't go out and seek the approval of others to deface public art/property. Isn't that the point?

but when we get a big name to do several, non-permanent ones, people have a shit fit. Fuck them.

Maybe that was the problem. Maybe someone is upset because the murals aren't giving the little local guys a chance to shine, and just letting someone already famous become even more famous. Maybe they are upset about that.

Or maybe someone is just a whiny bitch and wants attention. I bet if the papers stopped reporting on it, and the public stopped caring about it, whoever did it would stop.

And no, I'm not saying what this person did is ok.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2362 on: 26 May 2010, 16:39 »

I honestly don't give a crap about Shepard Fairey. Really, I wish they'd gotten someone more like David Ellis who is a really awesome guy, but probably the main reason he's here is because of the Obama poster. Other than art school kids or people who like street art, most people around here don't even know who the dude is outside of that poster. I know people hate him, but I'm ambivalent. For me, it's not that it's HIM or HIS WORK that's irritating, it's the act in general of vandalizing a mural that isn't permanent in the first place.

Since nobody on the forum has been here and few have even visited here, there are a LOT of murals around town. That's why I mentioned the non-profit group (Artworks) - every summer they get a big group of working artists and teenagers to paint a few murals around the city. Also there's another community based group that paints murals on abandoned buildings that have boards over the window. (Note: Both groups use paint and are meant to be permanent. They also are usually several stories high.) This city is all about supporting community groups painting murals on buildings downtown and in surrounding neighborhoods. There's also a few across the river in Covington and Newport, KY. So no, I don't think it's someone putting up a fuss over not supporting the little man.

Wouldn't needing permission kinda defeat the whole purpose of not having "fear of artistic and free expression"? By covering up the mural, the perpetrator is demonstrating that they have no fear of these things and thus don't go out and seek the approval of others to deface public art/property. Isn't that the point?

By defacing a mural, I think a person has to be afraid/very angry over what is being shown. But I think painting over it in the middle of the night shows fear, too, because why not just start tearing it down in broad daylight? If you're willing to do it in the first place, why not step up and say you did it? Or even paste up another poster on top of it.

But whatever. Art is one of those things that varies from person to person, so I'm going to stop beating a dead horse. But the thing I'm mostly angry about is how people here react to things they don't like and how this one event could impact public art here in the future. This city doesn't have much going for it and people are trying to ruin one of the few good things that we do have. But as long as Washington in a dress stays up, I guess we'll be ok.

Sorry about the ranting, I promise to shut up about it.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 16:41 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2363 on: 26 May 2010, 17:44 »

Lalalala Where are my bitch pills? I'm depressed.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2364 on: 26 May 2010, 18:05 »

I hate Shepard Fairey, but this is shitty cos the mystery defacer just white (or beige, brown, whatever)-walled it instead of actually making something.
It's the sort of thing that Dash Snow would have done, I think. I mean, the chances of this being an artistic statement are slim to none, but if it is the case, I think it's at least as interesting as Shepard Fairey's original work. Not that it means all that much.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #2365 on: 26 May 2010, 18:12 »

Yeah surely the fact that the city is full of murals that have been left alone, while two Shephard Fairey pieces have been defaced suggests someone's got it in for him, not art?
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2366 on: 26 May 2010, 18:17 »

Hi Blog thread,
I am moving on Saturday, I am picking up Katie on Saturday, I have come down with a terrible phlegmmy chesty cough. Hooray!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2367 on: 26 May 2010, 19:28 »

I have a new apartment

I got banned from the coffee shop downtown 'cause some dickhole lit up a joint next to me, and then he acted like a dick when people told him to stop, and because he was sitting next to me I got banned due to misplaced association

I desperately hate my job but at least now the dickiest of all the managers has been transferred to a job where I don't ever see or interact with him

Things with Sierra got good, then we split, then we got back together again and fucked a few times and then we split again. Then they got good, we fucked one more time, and I told her I was in love with her at exactly the same second she told me she didn't want to continue dating. We're friends, but very awkward ones. Today's her 21st birthday and I had a bottle of 12 year Glenlivet sitting around so I was like "Hey happy 21st" and we hung out for a few, and so now I'm drunk off of Scotch and Bailey's and I've got a good little marijuana crossfade going on.

My mental health is in roughly the same shape as the Hindenburg or the World Trade Center and socially I'm about as healthy as Magic Johnson and did I mention I really fucking hate my job

I've kinda made a pretty big name for myself at all the open mic stuff downtown, I've been invited to play at wineries and private parties and I've even made a little bit of bank on the side, which I have promptly blown on marijuana every time.

Oh and I bought a new acoustic and wrote a shitload of music.

I think that's everything that has happened in my life since March.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2368 on: 26 May 2010, 19:44 »

Hey Magic Johnson is pretty healthy.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2369 on: 26 May 2010, 20:07 »

The guy has mother fucking AIDS he is not healthy he's just not dead yet
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #2370 on: 26 May 2010, 20:09 »

Does he have AIDS or is he HIV positive? There's a significant difference.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #2371 on: 26 May 2010, 21:03 »

he is HIV positive and has been for roughly 18 years. there is a huge difference between being HIV positive and having AIDS. i work at a transitional housing center for people who are HIV positive and the advances that have been made in HIV medication in the last several years are really amazing. many (although admittedly, not all) of the people i work with are indeed very healthy and as long as you are very diligent with your medication and make the effort to take care of yourself, it is very much possible to have a fairly "normal" life even with the disease. to tell a perfectly healthy HIV positive person that they are just "not dead yet" is honestly pretty condescending and insulting, at least i know the people i see every week who make a very dedicated effort to stay healthy to the best of their abilities definitely wouldn't want to hear that.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #2372 on: 26 May 2010, 21:21 »

Though in a sense once we start deteriorating after our physical peak somewhere between our late teens and early thirties (depending of in your male or female, among other things) we're all "not dead yet".

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #2373 on: 26 May 2010, 21:26 »

heck i'll be grateful just to get past 30, hiv positive or not

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2374 on: 26 May 2010, 21:40 »

Guys I went to McDonalds last night just to be all "hey fuck you dudes y'all are bitches" but oh my God am I wrong I'm so sorry my body is trying to kill me gaaah

sean

• welp
« Reply #2375 on: 26 May 2010, 22:01 »

now dovey why would go out and support the man like that? you should feel ashamed.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #2376 on: 26 May 2010, 22:17 »

dovey does not jump off a cliff just because everybody else did it, he jumps off when the one guy tries it out and comes back to tell everyone that actually it was a really dumb idea and sucked a lot so actually nobody else needs to do it anymore

keep doing your special thing, dovey

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2377 on: 26 May 2010, 23:35 »

Tania it is because I am a Man Of Science

I just think it's really weird because I can eat KF(ucking)C with no ill effects at all and it makes me wonder just what the fuck McDonalds is doing to their product that causes results like that in a dude who can eat KFC without a second thought. There has to some level of malice involved here, there is no other explanation.

Guys, why does McDonalds hate us/me?

sean

• welp
« Reply #2378 on: 26 May 2010, 23:47 »

its part of their master plan to render the human species fat and unable to defend itself. then they will become our overlords and force us to bow before the golden arches.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2379 on: 26 May 2010, 23:59 »

But that makes no sense because what that food did to me makes me never want to go near it again! No there has to be another reason why McDonalds wants to give us all tummy aches. Do they own shares in Mylanta?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2380 on: 27 May 2010, 00:06 »

So, I took vicodin around 10ish for a headache/tooth pain. My teeth still hurt, should/could I take another?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2381 on: 27 May 2010, 00:09 »

you could take up to 2 but i would think 1 should be fine, no need to be trippin balls.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #2382 on: 27 May 2010, 01:24 »

Dovey McDonald's is punishing you for eating their food. They are actually deeply insecure and hate anybody who shows them even the slightest indication of affection or kindness. Like a cat which shits in your bath after you've fed it.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2383 on: 27 May 2010, 01:49 »

I think cats just do that because they're smug bastards.

I mean, really, the only time I heard about a cat being insecure was when my neighbor's cat started licking bald patches on itself after some other cat apparently got in through their dog door and started pissing all over the place. And that really has less to do with a lack of confidence and more to do with reasonable concern. Pissing in another dude's house is the feline equivalent of the decapitate a horse and leave the head in their bed maneuver.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Zingoleb

« Reply #2384 on: 27 May 2010, 03:56 »

I just found a book of poetry someone gave me back when I lived in Nashville, so this is like four, five years old.

Wow. I'm re-reading it.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2385 on: 27 May 2010, 06:25 »

Yeah but to be fair Tommy, you are about as healthy as Magic Johnson.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2386 on: 27 May 2010, 06:42 »

The black cardigan I have had for years and wear to work lost two of its buttons recently, so before work today I sewed them back on good and securely. Tonight at work I got bleach on said cardigan while cleaning the bathroom (it must have happened when I was trying not to vomit from the smell of the bleach), so now I have a large cluster of orange spots on it.

This means I have to buy a new cardigan, because I get cold at work without it. I have to buy it (and more work shirts) with money I can't really afford to spend, because I am getting 3 shifts a week and I live in goddamn expensive Newtown. I really hate not being able to afford things; i am about $100 off sending more money to my mum too, and I haven't been able to put that money away because of having to pay rent and eat and soforth. There is also a 50% off sale at Vinnies tomorrow that I want to go to but will feel bad the whole time because I will be buying stuff that I can't afford to buy, even though it will be super cheap and from Vinnies.

Fuck fuck fuck I need another job.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2387 on: 27 May 2010, 07:44 »

I hate Shepard Fairey, but this is shitty cos the mystery defacer just white (or beige, brown, whatever)-walled it instead of actually making something.

He could have at least had Calvin pissing on it.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Zingoleb

« Reply #2388 on: 27 May 2010, 09:50 »

Blaggy,

The biggest suckfest about moving into an apartment building is that I'm gonna have to keep my music down.

SUCKFEST.

So while I still retain the ability to blast music while no one else is home, I am playing Mogwai loud enough to watch the screen on my monitor shake faintly and feel my entire lower body vibrate in time to the music.

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2389 on: 27 May 2010, 09:53 »

this morning i put on a pair of jeans that i finally fit into again.  and i found a dollar in the pocket!

good start to what had been destined to be a bad day (:
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #2390 on: 27 May 2010, 10:17 »

Doesn't that mean you're running it now, so you can do what you like?
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Metope

« Reply #2391 on: 27 May 2010, 11:17 »

I work at the same place as Jens, and it is so annoying at the moment. The person with an office in Oslo is basically just trying to make me do the stuff that the manager should do, like "talk to the others and make them work extra next weekend, it will be really busy, so we need more people" and "tell the others that they need to improve this and that". No! I'm just a regular bottom-of-the-ladder employee, this is not my job, but your responsibility. If you want me to do stuff I'm not supposed to do that involves extra work I should at least get a raise.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #2392 on: 27 May 2010, 20:28 »

You know what's bitchin'? Seeing two flagpoles get struck by lightning from my bedroom window.  Several times.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2393 on: 28 May 2010, 02:50 »

Hi guys!

I bought what I am calling 'bout sized' hotpants today.  They are actually underpants but they are the perfect size to wear while being all sexy and bouting (even though we aren't at that stage yet, it's good to be prepared!).  Also they are bright green and Aaron is going to print KTHNXBAI across the butt for me because that is a brilliant thing to have written on the butt of a jammer!  Also I am a nerd.  I wish we were bout ready now so I could wear them without being classed as a dirty whore!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2394 on: 28 May 2010, 04:17 »

Awesome! Teyla had many hotpants, the best ones read 'Can't Touch This' on the butt.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2395 on: 28 May 2010, 06:07 »

I am apparently most likely moving in with my brother. Or, well, we'll be sharing a kitchen while having separate rooms and separate bathrooms. He'd applied for a room in the student housing complex where I have lived for 4 years (usually 7 people share a kitchen, and each have their own room + bathroom), but they raised the prices so much that sharing a double-thingy is only a little bit more expensive :/ It's still expensive, but so would a normal room have been as well. Anyways! I think this will be good, but people are telling me I will regret it. But, I mean, we get along reasonably well, it's a lot easier to tell family to clean up after themselves than random people (and he's not super messy or neat either, we're about the same), we could share some food, I wouldn't have to share a kitchen with 6 potential slobs (also potentially nice people, but you never know – this year has been bad) and no more cleaning the entire floor every 7th week (which doesn't sound bad, but when only one or two of the other six do it their week, it gets pretty bad). So, I hope it will work out okay!

But then again, this means having to pack and move my stuff and clean the entire room + bathroom properly before June 12th. And I have 5 exams before June 12th. Luckily, after this Tuesday, the worst ones are over, but still. I've had three exams this week, so I'm pretty exhausted, but I have two more on Monday and Tuesday :/ But I think I'll call tonight the weekend, and then study tomorrow and on Sunday, because I neeeed a break.

I didn't get a relevant summer job, though :( So it's back to the secretary job, and I really need something relevant to start my master thesis, but yeah. I'm most likely taking an extra year, even though a bunch of people are telling me that I'm doing something stupid. But it's what feels right for me, unless I change my mind in the next two months, so I think that's what I'll end up doing. I am not buying the whole thing about being "old" when I start working. I will be 25, and have a master's degree, which I started straight out of high school, and usually takes 5 years (I will have spent 6). That is not old. I get that employers might ask about it (maybe more so than poor grades, although who knows how many interviews you miss out on due to poor grades), but still. I'm a bit worried I'll take an extra year to improve my grades and then end up not improving them, though :/

Gah. I worry about everything. All the time.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2396 on: 28 May 2010, 06:13 »

Moving in with your brother sounds like fun! I mean, I fight with my brother all the time when we're together but I'd much rather live with him than with a bunch of strangers. Also your parents will have you both in the same place so it halves the worry. If it's what you both want to do then take no notice of anyone who says it won't work.

Same with taking an extra year; it's your choice and I honestly don't believe that it will make a lot of difference. If 25 is old then there are a lot of people on this forum who are completely doomed (and I have a friend who just turned 29 and has yet to get a job - he finished his degree last month).

Speaking of jobs, I just applied to be a tutor! It's with a company that for some stupidly elitist reason places Oxford and Cambridge students on the second tier automatically (there are three: new tutors, good/Oxbridge tutors, and awesome tutors) and are more interested in potential than experience. I've got an assessment in a couple of weeks, after my exams are over, and I have to teach a ten-minute class on something the assessor doesn't know about. We get a little profile of them and mine studied Languages and English Literature so I'm probably going to go with something legal. If I work her through a basic problem question from Roman law that should do it. Quite exciting! But it means I'm going to London at least four times in the next two months, which is crazy. £4 return ticket though? That's less that it would cost me to get a taxi into town!

I should be revising tort law, but I'm going to go and think about my lesson plan for the assessment because I am procrastinating thinking about my long-term career.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Metope

« Reply #2397 on: 28 May 2010, 06:17 »

I would never move in with my brother, he's terrible.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2398 on: 28 May 2010, 06:18 »

I know.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2399 on: 28 May 2010, 06:26 »

Yeah, I don't see the problem with living with him either. If he was a girl, I'm pretty sure a lot fewer people would be questioning it. And he's not even the brother I used to fight with a lot. Sure, he's 4 years younger than me, but I would probably have to live with younger people anyways if I lived with strangers, like I have for the past 4 years and I'm ridiculously tired of it. And if it for some weird reason ends up sucking, at least I will have only one other person to clean up after, instead of 6?

I don't think that it's old either. Sure, I will probably get some questions in potential job interviews about why I spent an extra year, but if I just explain that I wanted to improve my grades, instead of just assuming that I'd get a job with the mediocre ones, and that I felt it was the right thing for me to do, I don't think that will be all that negative. And, I mean, a lot of people take extra years – hell, the one who is most adamant about me not taking an extra year, took one himself (though because he had to due to failing stuff). But I enjoy being a student! And I'll be sending an application for a relevant part time job as well, and although I'll probably not get it, there's always the chance that I might. Also, I don't even know what I want to do after I finish either, even though it's sort of "assumed" that I'll end up a consultant. I know what I am interested in, though, and I want to work on that.

That tutor thing sounds like fun! I'm kind of envious about all the things you are trying/doing :p I should try to get out of my shell a bit more.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81   Go Up