THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 May 2024, 22:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 912822 times)

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #2650 on: 10 Jun 2010, 07:44 »

open mic comedy set tonight fuck yes i need whisky.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Zingoleb

« Reply #2651 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:00 »

I had a baby and it was black(as in, it was just a shadow of a baby or something)

[/quote]

Thank you ever so much for making me hurt myself trying not to laugh/piss off the librarians surrounding me.

(Also, I learned this a long time ago: Don't visit the Pointless Thread while at the library)

Blog thread, I have things to say but don't know how to say them. I will do so later.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2652 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:18 »

(Also, I learned this a long time ago: Don't visit the Pointless Thread while at the library)

"Do as I say, not as I do" eh?

Zingoleb

« Reply #2653 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:19 »

Hush ye.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2654 on: 10 Jun 2010, 10:11 »

I wish they taught hula here.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2655 on: 10 Jun 2010, 10:32 »

On the internet?

Or do you mean wherever you are?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2656 on: 10 Jun 2010, 10:42 »

On the internet?

Or do you mean wherever you are?
wrong hula.
I meant this one and yeah here at UMD.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2657 on: 10 Jun 2010, 11:18 »

Open mic night tonight, debating whether or not I should go since I have a gig on Sunday that I should be rehearsing for.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2658 on: 10 Jun 2010, 12:27 »

We got approved for remodeling our store, so of course today we start tearing the shit out of the floor. Our manager knows what we're doing, the gm doesn't. But that's ok, because if she knew, it'd take about a year to get anything done, so we took the initiative. It's so fun peeling up 4'x8' sections of tile.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2659 on: 10 Jun 2010, 12:55 »

I ate scrambled eggs today! I'm still worried about chewing though. But right now I'm rocking the fuck out to Queen, and I want to sing, and maybe I will and maybe that will encourage me to eat regular foods, and chew!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2660 on: 10 Jun 2010, 12:58 »

I went to see Legally Blonde: The Musical at the West End today and it was aMAZING. Sheridan Smith smiled at me! Directly at me in the middle of a song! We were sat in row D so we made eye contact and I smiled at her and she smiled back!

It was so awesome it was amazing and I also interviewed for the Footlights Pantomime and it went really well and I really really want to get it because if I SM Footlights Panto then I am well on track to actually being on the other side of a West End stage in a few years!

Such an awesome day.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #2661 on: 10 Jun 2010, 14:21 »

I went to my graduation ceremony thingy today! It's not as fancy as in other countries, you wear your regular everyday clothes, and most people don't bring their families, hell, most people don't even bother to show up. It was nice to see my friends though, since I'm being all sad and everything these days. Afterwards we bought beers and sat on the lawn on campus outside our faculty building, as a last homage to the great Sophus Bugge (... I guess Jens is the only one here who will get that joke), and some people came up to us and asked if they could take pics of us for the new Humanities Faculty webside, so apparently there will be pics of us of our last day ever together at uni on the faculty website! I still think it's hilarious that instead of taking pics of people reading or whatever for a uni website, they chose to put up a picture of students bumming around and drinking beer illegally outside.

Later we went to another friend's school for an award ceremony, since she had been nominated for the award "Most sustainable design" (Her school is a prestigious architecture and design school, so that's pretty big), and she won! Free champagne and strawberries for everyone! At last I went with my friend and her boyfriend to the weirdest thai restaurant i've ever seen, it was really dark with tacky fake palm trees and touristy decorative lights everywhere, and once in a while they simulated a tropical storm with fans making the fake palm trees sway, and also flashes of lightning and loud thunder. The food was delicious though, and so was the beer, it feels weird having started drinking at 2 pm and just slowly continued drinking throughout the day, but oh well, I', sobering up now I think

Tldr: I had a surprisingly nice day when I excpected it to be kinda shit. Yay!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2662 on: 10 Jun 2010, 15:10 »

So, I don't really feel like typing this all out again, and yes I do realize I was just excited about eating eggs, but then I started thinking about foods that I used to eat and now I'm all depressed. Anyway, my c&p from a different board.

So, I finally got my wisdom teeth out. All four at once. Day one I was just allowed cold soft foods(ice cream, pudding, etc). Day two I could move up to soups and eggs, and warmer soft things. Today is day three, and I don't know what to eat. I've just started scrambled eggs today(yesterday I was too afraid of even coming close to chewing), but even then I mostly just mash them with my tongue. I'm afraid to chew. My face/gums/jaw/mouth is still swollen, and when I gently put my teeth together, they don't really line up. Is this normal? Am I just not ready to chew yet? What should I do?

I've gotten so many mixed stories on what to do that its just really starting to bring me down. I am so hungry for some real food. I've had people tell me that I should be able to chew just fine today, and that I could probably eat some White Castle(gross I know, but those mushy little burgers sound so good compared to more soup or eggs), and I have had people tell me I need to wait a week.

And I was supposed to go camping for my birthday next week! I've heard mixed stories about this too. Some say I should be fine, some say I shouldn't. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help anybody can give me. I'm literally sitting here in tear because I'm so fed up with this surgery already.

little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Metope

« Reply #2663 on: 10 Jun 2010, 15:24 »

Do you still have stitches? I had my two lower ones removed surgically at the same time, and my mouth hurt a lot for a week after, which it wasn't supposed to. As soon as I had the stitches removed, the pain went away instantly and I could eat almost whatever I wanted (I'm guessing I could technically eat anything, but I stayed away from chips and such out of fear for it starting to hurt again). I don't think there's anything wrong with you, how long it takes to heal is very individual and depends on how complicated the surgery was, on top of the fact that everyone recovers at their own personal rates to begin with, so that's probably why you're getting mixed advice. Having all four removed at the same time is also definitely a factor here, I only had two removed and it was still awful. Don't worry though, the worst is definitely over!

Regarding food, you shouldn't eat anything at all that makes your mouth hurt. If you feel like you can't chew yet, don't chew. I just ate porridge, oatmeal and yogurt for the first couple of days, but there are a lot of nice soup recipes online, soup is good! I hope you feel better soon.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2010, 15:37 by Metope »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2664 on: 10 Jun 2010, 15:31 »

as someone who lived on the couch for three months during The Summer of Mouth Surgery, let me tell you, popsicles are your friend.

I ate so many fucking popsicles that I thought I'd turn into one before it was all said and done  (the painpills may have also had something to do with this delusion; i was pretty out of it). yogurt is good too.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Metope

« Reply #2665 on: 10 Jun 2010, 15:35 »

No, popsicles are bad after removing your wisdom teeth! That's like drinking with a straw, the pressure from when you suck on it can release the blood cloth that has just formed where the tooth used to be, exposing all the nerves which is very painful and slows down the recovery process like whoa. That blood cloth is essential for the wound to heal properly, since it will eventually become gum tissue. It's called a dry socket I think?
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2010, 15:38 by Metope »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2666 on: 10 Jun 2010, 15:37 »

Last night, I went to the grocery to buy some stuff for dinner. Instead, I bought two bags of chips and a jar of medium salsa. I finished off the jar in one sitting. I still have chips left.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2667 on: 10 Jun 2010, 16:03 »

No, popsicles are bad after removing your wisdom teeth! That's like drinking with a straw, the pressure from when you suck on it can release the blood cloth that has just formed where the tooth used to be, exposing all the nerves which is very painful and slows down the recovery process like whoa. That blood cloth is essential for the wound to heal properly, since it will eventually become gum tissue. It's called a dry socket I think?

Yes. It's a dry socket, which I'm super afraid of.

And, I don't want anything cold. I want regular food. I'm done with ice cream and yogurts and popsicles.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2668 on: 10 Jun 2010, 16:18 »

maybe that's why i got so fucked up that summer.

fuckin doctor's were all "yeah, eat lots of popsicles, that shit's great!"
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #2669 on: 10 Jun 2010, 16:20 »

I'm getting all four out this summer, and I am not looking forward to it at all. I'm planning on just drinking ramen broth or something for the first few days; I'm not very picky about food and don't mind eating the same meal a few days in a row (When I was 8 or so I went on a cruise to Alaska and all I ate for lunch/dinner all week was hotdogs and red jello with milk), so I'll just take it easy.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2670 on: 10 Jun 2010, 16:28 »

Wait, are you Martha Sharp?

No, i'm afraid not.

Anyway, I just spent the last 24 hours in a drunken haze, so maybe I should quit drinking (again). That is just an idea I have, though.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2671 on: 10 Jun 2010, 16:53 »

I went and applied for community college today. The application thing asked if it was cool if I released my app info to other schools. Not even ten motherfucking minutes later, I get a phone call from the San Francisco Academy of Art. The dude I talked to on the phone was like "Alright let me transfer you to the assistant head of admissions" and I'm like "Uh what err-- alright!"

So I wound up talking with the guy for maybe 45 minutes, and then he's just like "Alright well it'd be great if we could meet in person, let's arrange an appointment. Tuesday?" And I'm just like "That'd be great!"

Now I'm sitting here at home stoned off my ass after a jam session with some friends of a friend. Such an amusing contrast, and I'm getting the biggest kick out of this, haha.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2672 on: 10 Jun 2010, 18:36 »

open mic comedy set tonight fuck yes i need whisky.

bombed. lol.

it was tragic really, nobody was laughing. not even the people that came with me because i FUCKED UP EVERY FUCKING PUNCHLINE FUCKING SHITDICKS
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2673 on: 11 Jun 2010, 02:36 »

It has to happen at least once, it's a learning curve. I went to see the start of the Footlights summer touring show and they kept corpsing and at one point the guy stumbled over the punchline and completely ruined the pace (I'd seen it the night before and it had been a funny joke, but it just died when he stuttered it).

Keep going! It'll be awesome. And you should come up (?) to Cambridge and watch the Footlights, who are meant to be amazing but still bomb out sometimes.

Today I'm going for coffee twice and going for drinks and nibbles, and going to see the late show comedy night again because it was so good on Wednesday. And in the gardens they've started putting up the marquees for the June Event on Tuesday!

Oh guys, the line up for one of the balls I'm going to has been released; should I be excited?: Mr Hudson, DJ Sub Focus, Two Doors Cinema Club, a Killers' tribute band called the Fillers, Clean Bandits and Minnaars. I've only heard of Mr Hudson and then only slightly.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2674 on: 11 Jun 2010, 02:44 »

wait, is the killers tribute band playing after two door cinema club?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2675 on: 11 Jun 2010, 04:50 »

Don't think that's a running order, I think it's just in the order of "prestige" or something (but I've not heard of any of them). The one I'm most excited about seeing is a girl called Lizi Foan who is a student here and is really good, but she's not being publicised because she's not famous.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2676 on: 11 Jun 2010, 11:26 »

I think I should have gone into interior design instead of art. My store would be really fucking awesome if I was in charge of how it was going to look. But I'm not an interior designer and I'm not in charge. I have the feeling it's going to look like shit. Also, if the gm would let us go ahead and paint, shit would be getting done right now. The floor is all ripped up, so who cares if we get paint on it, because it's going to be stripped and sanded anyways. Also it would feel less like a dungeon and feel more like an art store should! (Read: fun.)

Yay.

Also, if one more shitfuck shoplifter comes in my store and calls me a bitch, I'm going to lose it. Just because I like my job doesn't mean I have to like you and I'm not going to be polite if you steal stuff.
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 15:19 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2677 on: 11 Jun 2010, 15:11 »

Anyone living in the UK want to be my guarantor for my new flat?

Apparently otherwise I have to pay six months rent up front. That's a not cool amount of money.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2678 on: 11 Jun 2010, 16:31 »

Anyone living in the UK want to be my guarantor for my new flat?

I realize you were joking (god I hope you were joking) but people really need to know that signing to guarantee someone else's finances is incredibly risky. Even doing this for a relative is dicey; it's like gambling, only do it if you can afford to lose the money.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2679 on: 11 Jun 2010, 17:15 »

alright, put in the paperwork for the awesome place on Manley road today,  pretty sure we were the only applicants so we'll probably get it.

also, I am going to Cirque du Soleil tomorrow, for my dad's birthday (which was earlier this week). Should be fun.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #2680 on: 11 Jun 2010, 17:46 »

Oh, yeah!  Cirque de Soliel is really a great show!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2681 on: 11 Jun 2010, 17:56 »

I'm just hoping that it's one of the more acrobatic shows, and not as much of the dramatic, non-funny comedy, and clowns type of thing.

my family are all gymnasts so we just wanna see awesome flips and stunts, hold the clowns plz.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2682 on: 11 Jun 2010, 19:06 »

I thought Cirque de Soleil was all about the crazy acrobatics?

When I saw it it was absolutely amazing. It wasn't anything crazy, not high up in the air stuff or anything like that, just really simple, really well executed stunts.

I realize you were joking (god I hope you were joking) but people really need to know that signing to guarantee someone else's finances is incredibly risky. Even doing this for a relative is dicey; it's like gambling, only do it if you can afford to lose the money.

I was joking. Mostly.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2683 on: 11 Jun 2010, 20:29 »

I am fully expecting a post tomorrow or the day after saying 'hey guys cirque de soleil was rocking'.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2684 on: 11 Jun 2010, 20:39 »

phlerg flerg ergg I have gone from a place that was so alive and real for me to a place that is kind of empty for me.
Circumstances certainly made my trip home exceptional for people being warm towards me.
But still, it was so good to be home.
I know that place so well and there are still people there.
I do not know if I'll be able to give a damn about being here.
Maybe that will change though tomorrow when I get on my bike and ride in the sun.
Hooray for bikes.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2685 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:13 »

<3 Slick.

Also today I was skating at our local skate rink,  just a social skate no derby or anything.  Ad I was practicing my skating backwards and transitions to and from skating backwards.  I over balanced while doing one transition and fell really awkwardly so that two of my skate wheels hit me riiiiight in the tailbone/butt crack./  It HUURRT.  I went and sat down and apparently I went dead white and my lips went white so one of the girls got me chocolate and coke to make me not look like I was going to die.

Now I have this INCREDIBLE bruise and it is all puffy and there is skin missing and I can't even show off my awesome skating injury because it is riiiight in the top of my bumm crack and no one wants to see that.  Which is terrible because it is a gooden, probably the best skate bruise anyone in our team has had! DAMMIT!

Also it hurts to sit and I have to sleep on my tummy.  So worth ti for that rad bruise.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Zingoleb

« Reply #2686 on: 12 Jun 2010, 08:33 »

Okay, so this is a long post, but...I have a lot to say.

I moved from Tennessee when I was 16. My girlfriend and I broke up, because we couldn't deal with a long-distance relationship, so I came back broken-hearted and was a mess, and continued to be for years. I didn't have friends, I didn't socialize, I was lonely even in a crowd. During the summertime I would live on the streets or in one of my father's rundown houses, alone for days and weeks at a time. I was going crazy just being alive, but I think anyone would really being so incredibly depressed and alone.

Well, I did have internet access. Not much else, though.

I moved out this week, this Monday. It was the best thing I've ever done. I've finally started making friends and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. Things are happening for me and this is great! My father still calls me every day, though, to tell me all the problems with him/his girlfriend/the rest of my family, and I realized that most of my problems aren't really my problems but just ... situational circumstance. Once I got out of there things have been falling into place rather quickly.

Anyways.

I did want to say that I'm sorry for all my shitposts when I first joined, but I was in a terrible place in life and was looking for somewhere to vent. My life's going great now, and it's a shame because even though quite a few of  you don't care for me, I still think that this is a great place to be. It's kind of ironic because a lot of my interests sync up rather well with the general interests of the board, and that's why I haven't really left. This is a great place and I *really* don't feel inclined to just leave.

tl;dr my life sucked, it's great now, you guys are awesome even if you don't like me, and I got my ears pierced at last yesterday.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2687 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:17 »

Zingoleb, you are such a gay ass bitch fag and I hate your guts.

Ok, not true at all. I think you are quite alright. What'd you get your ears pierced at?

Blog thread, my mom is insane.(Warning: This post may get tmi-y) As in really actually I'm beginning to think she should be institutionalized. Or not allowed to be left alone with my siblings. Or something. I could go into a lot of long boring details, but I'll try to keep it short. Basically, she goes out of her way to make her life miserable. She and I both post on this one webboard that has maybe 15 other posters. She recently posted that my aunt(who she is fairly close with, or was) went on a trip to the zoo with their mutual friends, and didn't even invite her. In truth, my aunt posted on her facebook "I'm going to the zoo! Who wants to come along?" and the people that she went with posted. My aunt doesn't randomly call people to invite them to thing. She just doesn't work like that. So if my mom would have said something to her on her facebook, or called her, or answer her phonecalls, my mom could have went along. And I know my mom saw this status update on facebook, because she is on there all the time.

When I saw that post, I responded to it saying "Take your phone away from Katie(My little sister. Her excuse for never answering her phone is that Katie always has it). Misty told me she tried calling you earlier and you didn't answer, and whenever I call you never answer." Her response at that time was that her phone was in her bedroom and she was currently suck in the livingroom being a bed for the cats, and then listed off how first this cat was laying on her, then this one, and now this one, and because of all of this, she could go answer her phone. Bullshit.

Then there is her bullshit with men. Ugh. First of all, she bitches constantly on this webboard about her lack of a sexlife. I realize this is weird for her daughter to know, but at this point I've become so alienated from all this bullshit that I can just view it at a clinical level. Anyway, she complains that she and my dad, her husband, never have sex. The only time they do is when she is on ambien. I'm sorry, but if the only time that you can have sex is when your brain is chemically altered, something tells me that it is your fault that you aren't having sex. Not his, even though you love to blame him. She is completely disrespectful to my dad, and fails to see it. Yeah, my dad is really socially awkward, and makes a lot of mistakes, and maybe he is kind of a dumbass, but no one deserves to be treated the way she treats him. I hate my father. He was gone from my life for 10 years. He left us behind. When he came back, she instantly forgave him(because oh my god there is a man and he is giving me attention) and they got married and he was a douche(He comes from a hoosier military family that still refers to African American's as "coloreds," please note that my dad does not do this.). But even now, I can forgive him. Especially with the way she treats him.

And since she doesn't even want to pretend to like my father(yet, won't divorce him, or try to maintain something resembling a slightly healthy normal relationship with him until the kids are gone), she has to get attention from other men. First it was some dude we will call K, who also posted on this webboard. She met him in Chicago for a Pearl Jam show, and they drunkenly fooled around, and then she fucking bragged about it. You are bragging about cheating on your husband, who was at home watching your 7 children, you fucking cunt. She and K used to stay up all night and send each other dirty ims and pms. It was fucking sick. K was/is married and had one kid. Recently, his wife became pregnant, and he has gotten a job(for the majority of their relationship he was unemployed due to mass layoffs at his work). So K hasn't really been around much, he's been ignoring my mom's emails and pms, hasn't posted in a long while. I say good riddance, but of course she is upset.

Or was until she got in touch with an old friend from high school. We will call him D. Now she and D stay up all night talking. And she says they are just "helping" each other. Bull fucking shit. Last night she posted this:

Plans changed.
I am currently sitting here watching videos, from the St Louis show, on the tube.
But I did get this message a little while ago at facebook
"You should make a CD for me of pj"
and then this
"And then we can listen together."
and then this one
"I can get out your way around 10"

Should I be scared?

I think I'm going to watch videos and be in bed by ten, I'm tired.

which was then followed by

I have 4 kids here, anyone should be scared to come over.

Plans changed again, drinking, listening to Tool, chatting with a friend.

Fuck he just sent me another message that he's been growing a beard for me.

What. The. Fuck. My dad has been out of town for the week. And now she is pulling this shit. She tries to make it seem like this is not what she wants, but she continues to perpetuate it. I am so pissed at her for this crap. Fucking sack the hell up, and pull the god damn plug. Divorce your husband, and fuck all these guys that you want, or stop fucking dragging them in and save your god damn marriage.

Then there is her bullshit with food. My mom is overweight. Always(as long as I have known her) has been, and always will be. She is a anorexic and a bulimic. Or has tried both, anyway. And is constantly doing atkins. She will sit there and rant about how bad bread is, and how she is such a horrible person for eating a peanut butter sandwich. She goes on days long "broth diets" where all she does is drink broth(beef or chicken). She refuses to actually exercise to lose weight, and eats like a fucking crazy person. I could support her diet if a)it was working, b)it was healthy, or c)she was actually proactive about losing weight in a sane normal way.

And then her fucking Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder bullshit obsession. Ugh. Don't even get me started on that.

Anyway. I needed to rant, so thanks for that, but overall, what should I do? My mom and I are close, or sometimes we are. I don't want to hurt her feelings and I don't want her to hate me, but this behavior has got to stop. Its fucking ridiculous. I want her to act like a god damn adult. 22 years and she has yet to do that. All I want is for her to be mature.

Zingoleb

« Reply #2688 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:29 »

I always feel awkward telling people I barely know that I'm sorry/giving them my sympathy. Maybe I shouldn't be, I don't know.

Okay, I just rambled a bit but I'll cut it down to the basics. It's incredibly hard to help someone who refuses to admit that they have a problem - that goes for anything, really. Unless she's willing to admit that what's she's doing is fucked up and needs to stop/change, it's not going to change.

Zingoleb, you are such a gay ass bitch fag and I hate your guts.

Ok, not true at all. I think you are quite alright. What'd you get your ears pierced at?

Local hair dresser just pierced my lobes. I'm going to get them stretched.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2689 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:31 »

(I meant what size)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2690 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:41 »

Emaline, whilst it sounds like things are pretty tricky with your mum, I'd say (not having any real knowledge of psychiatry or medicine) that she doesn't sound like she needs sectioning, just that she's feeling messed up and not coping with it very well. You can't really fix that kind of thing for people but try not to take it personally and just keep looking out for your siblings which I know you do already. My parents were in a mess for a while but they sorted it out in the end and it's fine.

It is getting pretty busy round here!  But it's busy with fun stuff like garden parties, balls, barbeques, punting trips and the treasure hunt I'm running. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the maps etc finished and ready to print on Monday because we have to go and put up the clues and get everything finished. I also need a pirate costume that won't cost too much but will look AWESOME since I'll be wearing it all day, until I get changed and go to the ball in the evening :)

I also need to finalise my lesson plan for my interview on Wednesday. Exciting times! After that things calm down. It'll be nice to relax in the sun.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2691 on: 12 Jun 2010, 17:21 »

Emaline, it sounds like your relatives are from smallish-town Illinois, where the norm is abnormal.

She's setting a horrific example for her children and destroying a marriage. But you need to ask yourself how much it really affects you. Or her husband for that matter. If you know, how unlikely is it that he does too?

Or maybe I'm just drunk.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2692 on: 12 Jun 2010, 18:01 »

Guys for the first time in my life I hung out with people tonight who were seriously into Om and Sleep.

It was weird. We burned a cross.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2693 on: 12 Jun 2010, 22:13 »

There is Currently a huge Derby tournament happening in Adelaide called the Great Southern Slam, which is jam packed of derby teams competing from all over Australia and one from New Zealand.

I am SUPER HAPPY to announce that Sun State Roller Girls, the Brisbane teams which is amazing to watch, have made it through to the Grand Finals!  Adelaide and Pirate City rollers (the New Zealand team) are currently battling it out to see who comes third and I believe Victoria is going against SSRG in the Grand Final!  This is so exciting.  SSRG are going to kick some derby butt!  Queensland for the motherfucking win!

I am not there, I am watching it streamed live on Derby News Network and I am so happy for real internet.

GO SSRG WOOO!
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2694 on: 12 Jun 2010, 22:55 »

I have my gig at the winery tomorrow evening. Going to a wee party tonight, because it's summer and most of my old high school friends are back from college. It'll be lovely to see them all again.

My stomach still hurts from all the alcohol and tobacco consumed at last night's party though so it's probably gonna be sobriety night for me.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2695 on: 12 Jun 2010, 23:04 »

I am fully expecting a post tomorrow or the day after saying 'hey guys cirque de soleil was rocking'.

yeah, it was awesome.

it was way too hot and we had kind of lame seats (right up front, so you have to look up constantly, and way around to the side of the circular stage) but, all in all, it was really cool.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #2696 on: 12 Jun 2010, 23:47 »

man i have not had broth in ages.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #2697 on: 13 Jun 2010, 02:40 »

Man, it takes a special kind of asshole to take a job whose sole purpose is to wake up drunk people sleeping in the train station at SIX FUCKING A.M. It might not have been a good thing to tell the guy that, he's probably just hanging onto a minimum wage to eke out an existence, but jesus christ. They're playing coldplay in the burger king next to where i am sleeping, i feel i am allowed to bitch. Also: why would you toss out a one night stand at 5 in the morning that is hell of a dick move

Boyfriend coming home at six is why.

So, finished with high school, bitches. my average is a grade above anything I'll ever need ever, and it's uuuniversity next aw yeah.

Now I'll just have to read up on the geek fallacies and actually remember that the social intelligence standard amongst the crowd I'm going to study with might be a bit lower than what I'm used to. Which may be a good thing. I might also meet people who isn't douches to everyone not in the room, I'm getting tired of that kind of social interaction.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2698 on: 13 Jun 2010, 05:30 »

SSRG lost by two points. TWO POINTS. 78-76. INTENSE!
Looks like Victoria is number one this year!  Next year we will be putting in a team! :D

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2699 on: 13 Jun 2010, 07:01 »

Man Jens I would kick you out if I only had two eggs and one piece of bacon left in the fridge. There is no way you would take even a share of my breakfast if that's all I had left.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81   Go Up