THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 May 2024, 22:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 912831 times)

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3250 on: 09 Jul 2010, 04:37 »

If someone asked me to write an essay and turn it in tomorrow on a subject I've got little knowledge of, I'd do a hell of a lot better at that than what I am doing now. I never did art at school by choice, we had compulsory classes in early highschool and if they could have failed me I am sure that they would have. I haven't picked up my camera and it's assorted lenses which are worth an incredible amount of money, to do anything fun in forever. I mean, graphic design is a hard gig. You have to be great and exceptional to be recognised and even then it's a constant struggle to prove yourself. I shouldn't be just scraping through with limited ideas, it just doesn't seem right.
It's better that you realise that what you're doing is just an interest and not a passion or a talent at this stage though. I didn't realise I was only interested in psychology until I'd done half a year of post graduate study...
Maybe you should take this opportunity to have a break from studying and see if you can work out what actually interests you that you're good at and willing to work for? Talking to a careers councilor is always a good move, they can suggest all sorts of good options.
What didn't you like about compsci? Were you good at it? Maybe there's an aspect of that that you might enjoy closer study of?

I start my supervisory job in two days! This is my first proper weekend in nearly 4 months. Awesome!

Liz and I have also decided on a definite date for moving to Aus - January 31st. That way we have tonnes of time to save, sell, organise and so on before making the leap. Plus we arrive into the country when people are likely to be looking for new staff and when houses are likely to be available. And in time for the summer music festival circuit. FUCK YES.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3251 on: 09 Jul 2010, 07:00 »

Things I am doing tomorrow:

- Riding my bike from North Carlton to Brunswick (approximate distance: three kilometres) for an open house inspection at 10:30am, then from Brunswick to Thornbury (three kilometres) for another open house inspection at 11:00am, then from Thornbury to North Fitzroy (four kilometres) for a third and final open house inspection at 11:20am;

- Drinking coffee and resting;

- Feeding my cat;

- Going to a literary speed dating night.

Should be an interesting day.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3252 on: 09 Jul 2010, 11:34 »

So, I'm at my boyfriend's company picnic. And I also feel horribly sick. And he has also disappered. And I also have to go to work in two hours but I'm probably calling off, but I don't want to call from a loud busy picnic because it would seem like I'm not realy sick. So basically I feel fucking horrible and I have to smile and be pretty and hold smart conversation with my boyfriend's bosses and pretend not to be sick, allthewhile trying not to vomit of their shoes.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3253 on: 09 Jul 2010, 11:40 »

it's hot as fuck outside, I'm at work for most of the day for almost no reason, all my roomates and friends took a four day weekend and ditched me to go ride rollercoasters and party in a convertible Falcon.

I couldn't go because I had to work today, but now I realize I could have easily taken the day off. shit.

woo lonely weekend, here I come!
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3254 on: 09 Jul 2010, 13:18 »

The cable guy was just here to fix my internet connection (it has been shitty for a week and a half.) The problem?

Squirrels had chewed the line and he had to replace the cable to our house.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3255 on: 09 Jul 2010, 13:58 »

Underground cables y0
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #3256 on: 09 Jul 2010, 18:04 »

If someone asked me to write an essay and turn it in tomorrow on a subject I've got little knowledge of, I'd do a hell of a lot better at that than what I am doing now. I never did art at school by choice, we had compulsory classes in early highschool and if they could have failed me I am sure that they would have. I haven't picked up my camera and it's assorted lenses which are worth an incredible amount of money, to do anything fun in forever. I mean, graphic design is a hard gig. You have to be great and exceptional to be recognised and even then it's a constant struggle to prove yourself. I shouldn't be just scraping through with limited ideas, it just doesn't seem right.
It's better that you realise that what you're doing is just an interest and not a passion or a talent at this stage though. I didn't realise I was only interested in psychology until I'd done half a year of post graduate study...
Maybe you should take this opportunity to have a break from studying and see if you can work out what actually interests you that you're good at and willing to work for? Talking to a careers councilor is always a good move, they can suggest all sorts of good options.
What didn't you like about compsci? Were you good at it? Maybe there's an aspect of that that you might enjoy closer study of?

I am looking forward to this coming semester, and the thing with these classes is that if I jump into Communications, it's in the same school so I could probably claim credit for some of them. And I wont be able to change degrees unless I ace this semester, because my UAI doesn't count anymore. So I'm going to take the next few months to think about it. I can't really take another semester off, I did that last year and working 6 days a week drove me mental. I don't want to do that again.

With CompSci it was the maths thing. I'm not great at maths, I really dislike it and don't really have any motivation to learn it at the level required for CompSci. Also, programming confused me and I was just bored. Also, I was the only girl in most of the classes and I felt like I was being hovered around all the time.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3257 on: 09 Jul 2010, 19:09 »

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I'm carpooling with a few friends as it's an hour away. There's a 2 hour break between the ceremony and the reception. The alcohol-free reception. Guess what I'm going to be doing during that break!

You guessed wrong. I only get to watch my friends drink because I'm the one driving. Poo.

Well, maybe I'll have a drink or two early on, because I'll have worn the alcohol off by the time I drive over to the reception.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3258 on: 09 Jul 2010, 19:11 »

that is so depressing
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #3259 on: 09 Jul 2010, 19:21 »

Going to a literary speed dating night.
I'm so glad this exists in the world.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3260 on: 09 Jul 2010, 20:26 »

I'm taking Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne, with a back-up plan of A View of the Harbour by Elizabeth Taylor. (In case I get bored of telling people about Tristram Shandy fifteen times in a row; I don't really know how this thing's going to work.)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3261 on: 09 Jul 2010, 20:44 »

that is so depressing

It's on a dry, Christian campus. Why, I don't really know. I don't think my friend, the groom, does either.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3262 on: 09 Jul 2010, 20:45 »

even the christian campuses i know are dripping wet

then again i was raised catholic. WOO

Zingoleb

« Reply #3263 on: 09 Jul 2010, 20:51 »

So all Catholics are dripping wet?

Dear blog thread,

Looking at the list of side effects for HRT is saddening.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3264 on: 09 Jul 2010, 21:41 »

Only if you get fully submersed. The sprinkled ones are only slightly damp.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3265 on: 10 Jul 2010, 00:38 »

My mouse died last night so I'm using the trackpad that came with this netbook.  However, I would prefer a mouse.
Francisco

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3266 on: 10 Jul 2010, 03:38 »

I thought you meant real mouse, and had a moment of panic that my pet mouse might be dead. Then I realised you didn't mean that and somehow that made the panic go away. Psyche, whut?

Today I am going to a meeting about the Edinburgh pirate play and then to three (three!) comedy shows for Ł10. Awesome! The only thing is that last night I went to what I expected to be a pleasant but fairly short smoothies and chocolate night, and ended up staying until almost 3am and then having to cycle home. So I imagine I'll be pretty tired by the time the third show comes along.

And my best friend arrives in town today to do a research thing so I'll get to see her tomorrow :) This week has been a little dull with very few things I had to do, but now there are going to be things every day and people every day and I will be bouncy and happy again!

Oh and The Girl rang me yesterday (to ask me to post her something she'd left in the theatre by mistake) and said she would probably see me soon, so it seems I am forgiven for turning into the Hulk.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3267 on: 10 Jul 2010, 04:17 »

In the interests of not shitting up the tattoo thread with my whining:

So if you've been following the tattoo thread you'd know that I'm getting two full sleeve tattoos of X-Men characters (villains on my left arm, heroes on my right) and that I've been having trouble finding a good artist who can do it. I wanted to go to a place called Inner Vision and I've got my name on a waiting list to go talk to one of the artists there. Apparently I should be getting a call back to arrange a consult in 6 to 8 months, with a view to getting the appointment another 12 months later. I talked to a guy at Kaleidoscope tattoo who was really nice and very excited about the design but it's obvious that he's only just finished his apprenticeship because his portfolio is really sparse and also out of the 10 or so photos he had to show me, only about 2 of them were any good at all (and they still weren't that great). I booked a consult with one of the guys from another boutique place called Steel Lotus and when he called me back today to confirm what design I was bringing in he was really derisive about the idea of getting comic book characters and when I said I wanted to get three characters on each arm he immediately said he didn't want to do three and that I should only want to get two characters. So I'm cancelling that consult on the basis that he is a fuckface.

However, after a lot of convincing from Rizzo and also my girlfriend I'm looking at some tattooists in Melbourne since I'm going down there in October anyway (also Harry I need to talk to you about us crashing at yours for a few days). I've spoken to some people at work who go to Melbourne to get their tattoos (they live with their folks who pay for the tickets down there) and they have recommended this girl at a place called Green Lotus Tattoo. Her stuff is pretty awesome, the only thing I'm concerned about is not being able to actually go and talk to her, I can only email her the reference stuff.

I thought you meant real mouse, and had a moment of panic that my pet mouse might be dead. Then I realised you didn't mean that and somehow that made the panic go away. Psyche, whut?

Edit: I had the same thought about my rats.

Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3268 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:30 »

Jimmy I thought we'd already been over this. I will demand that you and Ingelise stay with me when you come to Melbourne, provided I'm not living in a storage locker or sleeping on somebody's sofa.

Also Dear Blogeyman Thread,

The literary speed dating was pretty fun. I've never been speed dating before so it was all a new experience. Five minutes is not really very long at all to talk to someone! Especially when you're trying to talk about literature AND get to know them AND they're trying to get to know you. But I met some nice women so now I wait and see if any of them thought I was nice, too, I guess. We were given the option of ticking whether we were interested in the people we met "romantically" or "platonically", and we could tick both if we wanted, which was pretty thoughtful I thought. I don't know if that's the norm at a speed dating event. There were some interesting book choices: one woman brought a copy of the Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes! We had a nice chat about how great Ted Hughes is and about poetry in general but I wasn't really keen on her so I just ticked "platonic". I had to explain all about Tristram Shandy about 12 times, but most of the women I met had at least seen the film and heard of the book. One of the women there was somebody I'd met years ago at the wedding of a mutual friend, so that was surprising and nice. I ticked "platonic" for her, too, in the hope that we could keep in touch because I also haven't seen the friend for years.

Hanging above everything was a giant screen with 5:00 projected onto it in enormous numerals. It was a little like a dating night conceived by a Bond villain! I chuckled at that. Everyone cleared out pretty quickly at the end of the evening. Now it's 10:30 and I'm at a loss for what to do with the rest of my evening so I think I'll go see a late screening of Toy Story 3 by myself.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3269 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:41 »

It was a little like a dating night conceived by a Bond villain!

:laugh:

I think I'll go see a late screening of Toy Story 3 by myself.

:|

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3270 on: 10 Jul 2010, 06:12 »

Nah now I've got sleepy and I've decided to ride to the shops and get some chocolate and some ice-cream and watch the Beach on T.V. instead.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3271 on: 10 Jul 2010, 06:42 »

Much better decision, Harry.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3272 on: 10 Jul 2010, 07:05 »

My mouse died last night so I'm using the trackpad that came with this netbook.  However, I would prefer a mouse.

My mouse died about four days ago so now I'm just using the keypad to move my cursor.

Dear blog thread,

I have a family reunion to go to today. Personally, I thought it would just be easier to watch a few hours of Jerry Springer, but apparently I have to go.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3273 on: 10 Jul 2010, 08:13 »

I saw Weedeater yesterday! It was fucking awesome! The venue was extremely small, there were not even 80 people there, I guess, and it was at least (and I'm serious) 50°C in there. But actually, all the sweat and smell just added to the experience. Also playing: Black Cobra (awesome) and Saviour (good, but not that special).

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3274 on: 10 Jul 2010, 12:27 »

Edit: I had the same thought about my rats.

Every time I read about dead mice on this page I looked over to my right to make sure both of my rats were still kicking. So four times in about as many minutes.

Dear Blog thread, Last night I had a leetle to drink and ended up staying up til 6:40am playing Modnation Racers and watching Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (wasn't all that bad actually, suffered from way too much expository dialogue but otherwise solid). Right now I feel like I'm on the verge of death and I have work in about 40 minutes. This sucks a little extra because the only reason I had work at all is because I got called yesterday and agreed to be put on shift covering for one of the new people that got transferred in from another store that recently got shut down who couldn't make it in for some reason. My room is also trashed out and smells strongly of Fruit Punch flavored 4Loko.

However I came up with the idea for another tattoo that I won't talk about in the tattoo thread because I never end up getting any of mine done and I'm tired of giving them false alarms. It involves Yoshi, Mario, Luigi and Toad sitting in a row on the left side of my chest, Toad is taking a hit on a bong while Yoshi has his tongue attached to a refrigerator, while Mario is spaced out and Luigi is freaking out, possibly seeing a ghost or something. Its the next day and it still seems funny to me so I think its a good sign. But we'll see if I ever get my other two ideas of the Game and Watch Octopus or the Original Final Fantasy party choices done first whether I would ever actually want this done.

Now I'm going to go take a shower and some ibuprofen.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3275 on: 10 Jul 2010, 12:37 »

I think it is probably a poor idea to get tattoos involving drugs, but that is just my opinion.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3276 on: 10 Jul 2010, 13:10 »

I just paid $9 for a block of cheese. This better be some fucking amazing cheese.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3277 on: 10 Jul 2010, 13:13 »

How big of a block? I've paid $11 for a half a pound of cheese. It was some fantastic cheese.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3278 on: 10 Jul 2010, 15:40 »

I went to an open mic thing last night at a winery and the sound guy sucked hella balls. I knew his system very well from having a few years of personal experience with that same mixer in different venues, and I knew how to get the vocal channel to come in stronger through the monitor. He didn't know how to do it though, so I got stuck unable to hear myself or how I blended with the mix.

People seemed to enjoy it when my friends and I did a bitchin' version of "Don't Stop Believing" though. Apparently I do a decent job of singing it in the original key. People also liked my screamed vocals when I did "Beggars" by Thrice. Had a couple people ask for my contact info so we could get together and rock out on the regular, so hopefully something comes of that.

Also my lady came down to see me, and this 70-year-old dude asked her what she was doing there. She was like "I'm here to see Patrick play" and he responded with "Oh, is that your son? Can I buy you a drink?" Probably the most adorable pickup line I've ever heard.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3279 on: 10 Jul 2010, 15:49 »

How big of a block?

Small enough that 9 bucks was a lot. And it wasn't very good. I already have one specific kind of cheese I love that they only sell in Trader Joe's, but I was right around the corner from a different store so I figured I'd give it a try. dammit

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #3280 on: 10 Jul 2010, 16:01 »

Yesterday I bought a Kobo eReader, loaded some epubs onto it last night only to have the screen corrupted while viewing one of the files. Thanks alot technology!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3281 on: 10 Jul 2010, 18:43 »

I'd be interested in hearing your customer service experience in resolving that problem. Lots of interest about this new wave of e-readers in the publishing forums I frequent.

In bloggish news, I spent Friday evening hanging out with a lovely lady, and we had a very nice time. I think this my develop into something more.  :-)

Relating to earlier posts, my uncle is still falling for those Nigerian scams. He won't listen to anybody in the family, and sent $150 more to the ones I warned him about, with plans to send $750 more later in the week. Almost with relief, my mother had to take him to the hospital today when he had problem with shortness of breath. Dealing with all his shit has been really stressful on her, and we're trying to figure out basically how to get him out of her house permanently. I feel for him, but I'm worried more about my mother and her safety considering his irrationality and state of mind.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3282 on: 10 Jul 2010, 19:01 »

I think it is probably a poor idea to get tattoos involving drugs, but that is just my opinion.

This is fair to say and I might try and tone the idea down while still having some sort of undercurrent. Then Again how many people have I seen walking around with giant pot plants tattooed on them, plus since it would be in a nonvisible-at-work spot and the fact that I hope I never get to the point where I look back at this point in my life and see it as a bad thing. Of course I'll have months and months to think on it, I still have to get my other stuff done first. I just think the idea of a stoned Yoshi trying to eat a refrigerator as a very funny thing, but I am known for a somewhat juvenile sense of humor.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3283 on: 10 Jul 2010, 19:59 »

Wedding was good, the company was good, food was good, DJ was terrible. Sweet Caroline? Really? Really?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3284 on: 10 Jul 2010, 20:08 »

So all Catholics are dripping wet?

if by that you mean alcoholics

Zingoleb

« Reply #3285 on: 10 Jul 2010, 20:09 »

Oh, interesting time to post that.

Dear blog thread,

Family reunion was awesome! I wore a certain unicorn shirt, which I do solely to provoke reactions. My one cousin referred to is as a 'fag flag' shirt, and my grandmother tried to convince people they were playing leapfrog.

Long story short, my father's girlfriend almost ran me over because she was drunk, and when I started asking/screaming what the fuck is WRONG with her afterwards, my father got pissed at me for swearing. When I brought it up later, rather calmly, she started rambling about what we did together at the party and how she helped me (none of which was true) and finally told me not to get involved in her business.

It's hard to piss me off, and I usually forgive pretty quickly even when I am pissed off, but hours later I'm still completely and totally fucking pissed off.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3286 on: 11 Jul 2010, 00:39 »

I'm so tired, and I am up almost certainly an hour earlier than I need to be because I am not certain that it is early. I'm working at the church creche and I was told to arrive just before 9.30 to help set up, but the service starts at 10.30 during vacations so I'm pretty sure she got the time wrong. I didn't think to check until late last night, though, and no reply yet. Argh sleeeeepy.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3287 on: 11 Jul 2010, 01:11 »

Haha, I just got a bit of a shock when my somewhat erratic brother IM'd me out of the blue to say "I sold all my stuff - nuthin left". What he meant was that he'd sold all the tarts and brownies he makes and sells every week at a market in Canberra. I was a bit worried about his mental health for a few moments!

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3288 on: 11 Jul 2010, 01:53 »

However, after a lot of convincing from Rizzo and also my girlfriend I'm looking at some tattooists in Melbourne since I'm going down there in October anyway (also Harry I need to talk to you about us crashing at yours for a few days). I've spoken to some people at work who go to Melbourne to get their tattoos (they live with their folks who pay for the tickets down there) and they have recommended this girl at a place called Green Lotus Tattoo. Her stuff is pretty awesome, the only thing I'm concerned about is not being able to actually go and talk to her, I can only email her the reference stuff.

I have a few friends with work from http://www.tattoomagic.com.au/ , specifically William Yoneyama. He seems really good. Not really the style you're after though.

Also, fuck any place that says "nah your idea sucks, I wanna do this". I've had a couple of artists say "nah, I can't do that cause it's not my style and I'd just end up fucking it up for you" which seems reasonable.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3289 on: 11 Jul 2010, 04:28 »

, which I do solely to provoke reactions.

Everything after this is irrelevant. Stop doing this, what are you 14?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3290 on: 11 Jul 2010, 07:43 »

Why should that matter? I don't mean to provoke offensive reactions, and neither did I buy it for that reason - I liked the shirt, and once I started to wear it I noticed that 99% of the time, people had the same reaction to it: They noticed unicorns, and then five minutes later or so they realized that the unicorns were fucking, are completely thrown off their guard, and start laughing. Provoking a reaction is not always a negative thing!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3291 on: 11 Jul 2010, 07:58 »

Let's face it, there are very few other reasons why anyone would wear that shirt. If you just liked the picture, you'd have it as your desktop or print it out or something.

Blog thread! I need your help!

Anyone who lives in or near Edinburgh (I know of at least two of you!), your help would be invaluable. I need to acquire two large wheelbarrows to use in the Fringe play (they would be clad in chicken wire, dressed as ships and used to wheel a not very heavy actor around the stage). It is quite possible that a small fee could be paid to the esteemed owner of these articles. The issue is that we can't hire them, it's far too expensive, and we can't transport them ourselves from here, far too bulky.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3292 on: 11 Jul 2010, 08:54 »

I'm just saying, but I own that shirt and I would never wear it to a family reunion.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3293 on: 11 Jul 2010, 09:20 »

90% of my family are dicks - the ones that would be upset by it, I don't care about their opinion. My grandmother is 80 years old and liked it - actually, it seemed like a pretty even split where anyone over 30 liked it and anyone under thought it was 'faggy', so I see no problem with it.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3294 on: 11 Jul 2010, 10:37 »

I quit smoking this week. Combined with exercise and a new motivated head space, I am feeling pretty good all around, minus the brutal post-smoking lung thing. I also have a date with super-cute girl when we can both get the time to do it, but the plan is bike rides through some parks and then gellato. That was enough to turn my TERRIBLE friday into a really awesome saturday. :D
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3295 on: 11 Jul 2010, 10:43 »

I also have a date with super-cute girl when we can both get the time to do it, but the plan is bike rides through some parks and then fellatio.

This is how I read that, and I like the idea of gellato more.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3296 on: 11 Jul 2010, 10:44 »

Personally I'd be ok with a saucy combination of ideas.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3297 on: 11 Jul 2010, 11:58 »

beat mouse, Congratulations on giving up smoking and I hope your date is enjoyable.

jeans, I'm glad you had a good party.

Barmy, I wish I could help but Newcastle's too far away and I don't have any wheelbarrows.
Francisco

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3298 on: 11 Jul 2010, 16:24 »

I'm sure there will be wheelbarrows somewhere! Also there has been a momentuous decision: we're hiring a van to take props up. So I may not need to find Edinburgh-located ones.

Jens, I am intrigued by this mention of birthday present! It must have been a damn awesome gift because that's hella forward planning!

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3299 on: 11 Jul 2010, 16:46 »

i got an apartment in burnaby! i haven't 100% secured it yet, but the landlord has confirmed that she will stop showing it to other applicants and is going to fax me the lease to sign tomorrow. i also haven't, uh, actually seen what it looks like but it's close to the university, very affordable for what it offers (separate entrance, private kitchen and bathroom, and all utilities are included in the rent), and rents on a month to month basis so if it's terrible the worst case scenario is that i only have to stay there for a month. also even if i arrive and it's terrible it's okay because i'm starting an awesome program in a beautiful city in september, i've got a place to live, i've got a job lined up, and i just bought some new speakers. things are feeling pretty good right now!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81   Go Up