THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 May 2024, 11:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 913044 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3600 on: 24 Jul 2010, 23:31 »

dude if yr buddy is gonna be responsible for fights in yr house, then he is a dick and you are more than within yr right to kick him the fuck out.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Zingoleb

« Reply #3601 on: 25 Jul 2010, 03:17 »

totally backing sean on this one

I really hate calling in sick. Despite the fact I've been puking since 4:30 (well...only for the few half hour or so, it's all dry heaves since and I'm kind of tempted to eat something just to throw it up because I think I hate dry heaves more than the puking itself), I just called in sick to work and feel like I'm lying to them. Or feel like they think I'm lying to them, which is just as bad and maybe even worse!

Ugh.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3602 on: 25 Jul 2010, 05:03 »

Yeah man I get the same feeling. And even when you call up with a headache or general blah-ness you have to put on a slow and snuffly voice so they'll believe it?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3603 on: 25 Jul 2010, 05:47 »

I just worked for 12 hours today! It was a pretty damn busy day during the day, but the night was fairly quiet really, so it went alright. One of my bosses was a dick to Irene (one of the girls who works for him), but he has done basically the same thing to me a few days ago, so I know what she felt and am definitely siding with her. He is also a pretty big dumbarse, and I think his partner thinks he is a bit dumb as well. That is amusing, and I am starting to like the other dude more these days. I still wish the old boss was running the joint, and I miss joking around with him on the weekends, but there's not that much I can do about it!

I still need a new job, though. I want my evenings back, goddamnit.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3604 on: 25 Jul 2010, 07:55 »

A really freaking big turtle laid eggs in my back yard this morning.

That was a little face of nature I wasn't expecting to see.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #3605 on: 25 Jul 2010, 08:27 »

So, um, sex turns out to be pretty ok. Who'd have guessed?

I'm also really unsure about what maths class I'm going to take at uni. There's one named 101, and one named 111, and the 111 is harder but taking 101 might force me to take another year. Problem is that I'm not really qualified for 111 (it's based on one year more of maths in high school than I had). I think I'll be able to do it, if I work like a motherfucker, but I'm not quite sure if I'm motivated for that. What to do, blogz?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #3606 on: 25 Jul 2010, 09:17 »

Could you sit in on both for the first two weeks, to see if you prefer the harder one or if you're more comfortable starting closer to your current skill level?

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3607 on: 25 Jul 2010, 11:12 »

It only occurred to me that I should have read the rest of snailin's post before moving on to graphite's.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #3608 on: 25 Jul 2010, 14:08 »

Nice.

And, yeah, I can try the harder one and then change. I've thought of that. But I kinda worry that I'll do the hard one, think I can manage, and then not manage and fail and spend a lot of time on that. But I think I'll try it anyway - it looks like I'll have to take an extra semester if I don't do the hard maths right now. Bah.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3609 on: 25 Jul 2010, 20:14 »

There's a new shop on George St, bringing the number of cupcakeries* I have to pass on my Monday mail run up to three. Sigh.

I usually start out with a new cupcakery by sampling the vanilla-vanilla, which is my favourite, then moving onto red velvet or dark chocolate, then vanilla-strawberry.

*similar to a bakery or patisserie, but they ONLY sell CUPCAKES.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3610 on: 25 Jul 2010, 20:17 »

There's a few cupcake shops around town, but largely I have been unimpressed with most of them. It's not that the cupcakes are bad, but they're the same as a cupcake you'd get from a standard bakery. Maybe that's why when I bake it's typically cupcakes. But whatever that cupcake is, it looks very yummy.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3611 on: 25 Jul 2010, 20:28 »

Last night my friend Abdul and I got haircuts from his friend/my acquaintance Emma. I don't know her very well but she does a good job of cutting hair! We got matching haircuts.

While we were getting our hair cut some other friends of mine showed up at my house, and afterward we got invited by my ex to go get shitfaced at her place. I know I shouldn't be hanging out with her, because argh I wanna strangle her for breaking up over Facebook, but hey, free booze. I have not been that drunk in America before. I suppose that could just be standard fare for when somebody puts "Baby Britain" on and the line about "floating over a sea of vodka" comes over the speakers and I happen to have a bottle of vanilla vodka in my hands.

Oh, and the best part is that I actually behaved myself for once. Booze and exes have never mixed well before but this time it was cool. Everybody had a really good time. Again, it was a stupid idea for me to go in the first place, but I suppose I was lucky this time.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #3612 on: 25 Jul 2010, 20:30 »

We have a Sweet'N'Sassy cupcake store in my college town.  The cupcakes all look delicious, but I've never bought one because they're so expensive and I can't rationalize it enough for me to buy one.

Anyway, I have a small request for any cunning linguists out there.  Can you help me come up with a little pun including Mole and Punk or something relating to the punk-subculture?
See, I'm making a stuffed mole for my girlfriend (cause she has a ton of stuffed animals and I believe she doesn't have a mole, and I had a pattern for making a mole from high school chemistry mole day (on that day I made a mole dubbed "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Mole")) and I'm decorating it with punk attire (liberty spikes, a kutte with the anarchy symbol and a skull, etc) because I've been trying to introduce her to punk music, and I want a pun to name it, and I can't think of anything.

tl;dr:  I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy fancy cupcakes, and I'm hoping someone can help me come up with a Punk/Mole pun.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3613 on: 25 Jul 2010, 22:16 »

Ok, seriously, I sprained my neck on Friday at a "rave" if you wanna call it that...

Ouch... =[ Neck still hurting. HELP
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #3614 on: 25 Jul 2010, 22:22 »

Anyway, I have a small request for any cunning linguists out there.  Can you help me come up with a little pun including Mole and Punk or something relating to the punk-subculture?

Joey Ramole?

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #3615 on: 25 Jul 2010, 22:53 »

Ok, seriously, I sprained my neck on Friday at a "rave" if you wanna call it that...

Ouch... =[ Neck still hurting. HELP

Have you got a hot water bottle or similar heat applying device? It will help! Heat it up, lay down, but thing under/on neck and just chill for a good 20 minutes. The heat will loosen up your muscles and help with the pain.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3616 on: 26 Jul 2010, 01:03 »

Will try! Thank you!
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3617 on: 26 Jul 2010, 02:28 »

ahem. rock'n'mole high school.

edit- it occurs to me that after coming up with a clever punk mole that i might as well blog about what i do. today i continued to work on the dam i am building. my best friend and i have taken up the project of moving boulders into place to divert the flow of our favourite summer spot, a glacier fed stream/waterfall system that comes through a series of mountains and into the valley. there are a few pools in the slower stream (re; less traffic than the popular diving and swimming spots ruined by tourists) that we are building around to create a small pool for our nephews and friends' children, and a longer pool that will be nice and deep enough to relax in and catch sun until the late afternoon (most of the prime swimming spots along the flow lose sunlight around 1pm) so that by next summer, after the spring rush has shifted the sediment and small rocks, we can split the heaviest of flows to wash out the far bank and the result should be a beautiful system that encourages maximum relaxation in beautiful BC nature.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010, 02:38 by beat mouse »
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3618 on: 26 Jul 2010, 04:50 »

i feel you jens. i have had these crazy backaches that have been happening in the middle of the night so i can't sleep but then i still have to go to work so i feel like i am crazy. the backaches are from a bum gallbladder though and that motherfucker's coming out soon and i can't wait. meeting with a surgeon on thursday.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3619 on: 26 Jul 2010, 04:51 »

I've started packing to move house! I've got nine boxes full of books so far - which is all my fiction and poetry books. Still non-fiction to come. I've also packed all my DVDs (4 boxes). I still need to pack all my CDs and miscellaneous objects - and then I'll be ready to move beyond my bedroom. Cookery books will take up another box. There'll be at least two boxes of stuff from the kitchen. Plus a whole heap of furniture.

Getting it all into the new house and unpacking it all is going to take a while.

On the plus side, I spoke to my mum this morning and by wild coincidence my family is unpacking a flat they've been renting in Sydney for the last year or so. They don't need to keep all the furniture in the flat, so after they've driven it all back to Canberra they're going to send it in a backload to me! So I'm going to get a badly needed chest of drawers, a bunch of dining chairs, maybe a kitchen table and a small bookshelf (also badly needed) for whatever the backload costs - which I got a quote for earlier today, and it came out at $450, which is several hundred dollars less than just a decent chest of drawers would cost me to buy. Score!
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010, 04:55 by Inlander »

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3620 on: 26 Jul 2010, 05:57 »

There's a new shop on George St, bringing the number of cupcakeries* I have to pass on my Monday mail run up to three.

What's the deal with cupcakes these days anyway? Is this a new trend or have I just been missing something for years?  Lately it seems wherever I look I'm seeing cupcakes.   I concede that it my cupcake awareness is likely exacerbated by the fact that my wife has been talking about getting in the cupcake business, but geez... I can't seem to turn around or change the channel lately without being confronted with cupcakes.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #3621 on: 26 Jul 2010, 08:27 »

I love the "Joey Ramole" and "Henry Moleins" suggestions!  Thank you, I'll probably go with one of those.  (I wish I could do a whole set of "The Ramoles" now, but making more than one mole would be tedious)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3622 on: 26 Jul 2010, 10:42 »

an innocent question:

i know facebook bases their "you might like..." suggestions on what your friends like, and i know that due to my affiliation with two messageboards frequented by somewhat nerdy, mostly intelligent people with really good taste that a pretty big chunk of my facebook friends have similar interests to each other and enjoy a lot of things that i would also really enjoy... so why the heck does facebook still insist on suggesting "twilight" and "linkin park" to me over and over based on the fact that i happen to know like maybe one person who likes those things?
seriously facebook, you are so terrible at this.

and yeah, cupcakes are kind of trendy now. i think they've replaced knitting as the new hipster thing for 2010.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3623 on: 26 Jul 2010, 11:07 »

Argh argh argh I leave Cambridge on Friday morning and I have a huge list of things to get done before then! Big things are finishing the treasure chests (making bases, making lids, attaching them all together, woodstaining them) and painting the cauldron, but there are lots of other woodworky things that have to be done and I can't do them anywhere other than here since I need access to the workshop and its tools.

On the plus side I can do a lot of it from my dad's house in the two weeks I am spending there, and I'll have at least one person to help me (my dad's girlfriend and my brother are both good at crafty, making things and I'm sure that at any given moment one of them will be free and keen...). And I bought a beautiful new notebook, a purple fountain pen (purple ink!) and a propelling pencil to record all my important notes in for each show. I needed to do this weeks ago, I'm now doing far too many shows to rely on pieces of scrap paper.

In a little while I'm off out again to do some work on the cauldron. Thank goodness the art room closes at 11pm, rather than the 7pm the theatre shuts at.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3624 on: 26 Jul 2010, 11:18 »

Inlander, good luck with the move.

Everybody, all this talk of cupcakes is making me feel hungry.
Francisco

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #3625 on: 26 Jul 2010, 11:20 »

Yeah Facebook keeps suggesting I become a fan of the Queensland bloody rugby league club, but it will be a cold day in hell before any like that happens.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3626 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:23 »

Last night I was at my friend's house, and he was working on some of his artwork that he likes to do (and he's damn good at it), so I asked if I could use his computer. Started dicking around on Reason using some samples he cut, and came up with a pretty excellent base for what evolved into some pretty awesome shit over the course of the night.

We talked and now we're gonna be working on an album together, since we're both apparently pretty capable at this stuff. We've both got vastly different musical backgrounds, and it'll at very least be good practice for me as far as school goes.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3627 on: 26 Jul 2010, 13:51 »

and yeah, cupcakes are kind of trendy now. i think they've replaced knitting as the new hipster thing for 2010.

Um yeah, cupcakes have always been frikken awesome.

Also, corn muffins.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #3628 on: 26 Jul 2010, 13:51 »

Facebook just asks me if I like Lykke Li, because apparently other people who like Lykke Li also like Lykke Li.

I don't know.
it's time to stop posting

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3629 on: 26 Jul 2010, 14:01 »

so hey my blood test results came back today and apparently it was normal so i guess that's diabetes ruled out but now i'm all confused as to why i'm having the same health problems that suggested diabetes but i don't have that.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3630 on: 26 Jul 2010, 14:06 »

So today was a somewhat normal day. First I helped my grandmother put up the last of her stuff in her new home. I then went to lunch with my dad, but I couldn't finish my meal due to the fact my stomach felt like shit(I had a chicken slouvaki and a Caesar salad, I was only able to finish the salad) We then had to rush back to the grandparents to take my grandfather to dialysis. We managed to get him inside and then we went back to the parking lot. Before we got any further barfed all over the car.

Turns out Salad doesn't taste too bad when coming back up.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3631 on: 26 Jul 2010, 14:14 »

Zombie, I hope you feel better soon.

Gemm, look at it as one really bad thing ruled out and hope it's just something mild.
Francisco

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3632 on: 26 Jul 2010, 14:49 »

Gemm, have they done a thyroid function test (measured your thyroxin levels)?  I believe an underactive thyroid (which my wife has) can have some similar symptoms to mild diabetes - but it's dead easy to treat (you take thyroxin pills forever).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3633 on: 26 Jul 2010, 15:44 »

Cupcakes are out. Bacon is in as the hip / nerdy thing people won't shut up about. I'm staking my cred on the prospect of raw milk being the new thing when bacon inevitably crests.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3634 on: 26 Jul 2010, 15:46 »

Raw milk is genuinely The Best Thing though
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Zingoleb

« Reply #3635 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:00 »

See? Already becoming A Thing!

Turns out Salad doesn't taste too bad when coming back up.

Milkshakes make me puke, but it's not so bad because it's like the same exact consistency and taste coming up as it was going down.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3636 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:16 »

Yeah I'm sure

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #3637 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:18 »

http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Zingoleb

« Reply #3638 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:27 »

Yeah I'm sure

Transmission from human to human, for example through sexual contact from mother to child, is exceedingly rare, but possible

wat

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3639 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:34 »

Cupcakes are out. Bacon is in as the hip / nerdy thing people won't shut up about. I'm staking my cred on the prospect of raw milk being the new thing when bacon inevitably crests.

my passive aggressive response to not being able to participate in the great raw milk trend of 2011 on account i am slowly losing the ability to digest milk is to nominate falafel instead. falafel, come on hipsters it is vegetarian and it has a funny sounding name. you guys love that stuff.

also i want those half shirts that were really popular in the 90s to come back and replace plaid. half shirts for EVERYBODY

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #3640 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:45 »

I can't find the clip from 30 Rock where Alec Baldwin tells Jennifer Aniston that New York is "off cupcakes and back to donuts".
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

öde

« Reply #3641 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:56 »

I've liked falafel for years before it was cool.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3642 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:17 »

I'm staking my cred on the prospect of raw milk being the new thing when bacon inevitably crests.

Eeeewwwwwwwwwww!

also i want those half shirts that were really popular in the 90s to come back and replace plaid. half shirts for EVERYBODY

Eeeewwwwwwwwwww!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3643 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:19 »

I get all dizzy when I stand up ahhhhhh
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3644 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:21 »

I've liked falafel for years before it was cool.

I had no choice. It's one of the things that was a dime a dozen back in Bumfuck. Do I get cred for this plzzzzzz

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3645 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:23 »

hello everybody and welcome to the half shirt thread

please come see me for your complimentary half shirt

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3646 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:24 »

Do I get cred for this plzzzzzz

of course dude, no good hipster trend is complete without the people who liked it before it was cool

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3647 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:24 »

Noooooooooooo!

Zingoleb

« Reply #3648 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:34 »

I have a date because a boy asked me to go to the movies

this is an unusual first for me

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3649 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:41 »

i know something that is good to wear on first dates

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81   Go Up