Dr. Bunnigus/Reverend - Schlock Mercentary
- 1 (1.1%)
Haley Starshine/Elan - OOTS
- 13 (14.4%)
Something I've obviously overlooked
- 33 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 March  (Read 90424 times)

westrim

Re: WCT 22-26 March
« Reply #200 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:03 »

Well, this should be interesting.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #201 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:12 »

LET THE AWKWARDNESS COMMENCE!!!
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2010, 00:14 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

yellowledbetter

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #202 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:15 »

Woo. For once, I'm looking forward to monday.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #203 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:17 »

Omigod.  So much shit is going to go down.  After Sven cheating on Faye, it was all ladedahappyfluffyponynondramaness and now THIS.  It's delicious. :)

Sven and Faye weren't together. So technically he didn't cheat.

Horray for MariNgus!
Help bring back the dragons!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #204 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:18 »

oh no marigirl has kissed a boy and now her moe-ness is damaged

oh nooooooooooooo

what should i dooooooooooooo
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #205 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:24 »

Bar's that way --------->
James The Kugai 

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #206 on: 26 Mar 2010, 00:44 »

Wish-wish-wish-wish-wish--splat--wischlop-wischlop-wischlop

Did you hear that? That was the sound of shit hitting the fan.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

blindeye

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #207 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:01 »

I'm calling it right now!

Monday: Faye barges in and breaks up the kiss. Awkwardness (bad or good) directly follows and it can't be resolved because they keep getting interrupted.

woonie

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #208 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:32 »

FRIDAY IS GOING TO BE A CLIFFHANGER I CAN FUCKING SMELL IT I HATE YOU ALL.

</yelling bird>
good call, yelling bird.

lhasafi

• Plantmonster
  • Looking for a recipe for yelling-bird stew
« Reply #209 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:41 »

Anyone else have flashbacks of the first time Marten and Dora kissed?

In other news - YAY MAR-BEAR!

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #210 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:48 »

Monday: Faye barges in and breaks up the kiss. Awkwardness (bad or good) directly follows and it can't be resolved because they keep getting interrupted.

No.  Awkwardness has already comenced, look at Angus' face.  He's going to talk Mar-mar down, but it's not gonna be easy - he's not as think as you drunk he is. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #211 on: 26 Mar 2010, 03:33 »

For comic #1629...

1. Hannelore - Yay, Worry Hat still around and seeing use.

2. Faye - ....."FFFUCK!!!", I have had late-realization moments like that.

For comic #1630...

dun dun DUN! classic soap-opera cliffhanger moment!

Unfortunately, I am going to be a nay-sayer and say that this will end badly for Marigold, if not Angus as well.

EDIT ADD: Also, I notice how Marigold kiss has "popped" Angus' drunk bubbles, nice touch for drawing a sobering-shock.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2010, 03:41 by pendrake »

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #212 on: 26 Mar 2010, 04:24 »

And now we will commence the rampant speculation on where things will go from this moment of awkwardness/awesomeness.

And as my next to final responsibility for this week in this thread:

What's Hannelore worried about?

What if I really am a cyborg?  5 (8.6%)
Did I get all the dust off the ceiling?  3 (5.2%)
Why can't my reality match the fantasy?  7 (12.1%)
Do I need to reassess my system for sorting underwear?  16 (27.6%)
Do I really have nothing to worry about right now?  27 (46.6%)

Total Voters: 58
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

michi-love

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #213 on: 26 Mar 2010, 05:25 »

Welp. I am not quite awake yet this morning, but upon reading comicness, my mind formulates one thing and one thing only:

Ho. Shit.

I already feel bad for Mar. And for Angus for doing what he is about to have to do. Jeeeez. I hope so, anyway. If they fuck, this will only end shittily for Faye.

erikotaku

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #214 on: 26 Mar 2010, 05:37 »

He just surprised, he obviously didn't realize she felt like that about him at all. They make a cute couple, let it develop.

Sven needs to do the exact opposite of his persona, and try desperately try to win Faye back.
IMHO they are perfect for each other.  Polar opposites that are exactly what the other needs.
Faye needs a confident, experienced man in her life, and Sven needs a strong-willed woman to keep him in check.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #215 on: 26 Mar 2010, 06:05 »

She kisses the boy!

That's the third one in this strip so far - one ended well, one ended not so well, and this one's the rubber match.

(And that's only a partial pun.)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #216 on: 26 Mar 2010, 06:30 »

jesus shit :o

Take you to the stabbing cabin.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #217 on: 26 Mar 2010, 06:34 »

Yes he did, but what does that have to do with today's strip?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

douggerel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #218 on: 26 Mar 2010, 06:46 »

Well good for Marigold! Kiss the hell out of him! Kiss him so hard he feels like a lady!

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #219 on: 26 Mar 2010, 07:27 »

I'm leaning towards Faye barging in, seeing Maribear kissing him (this time or again in the "talking down" process, or she could even be standing in the doorway now and we just don't see it) and Faye freaks out and runs. Angus is then torn between following and dealing with Maribear. Oh the drama, it's delicious! ::nom nom nom nom::
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Theriandros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #220 on: 26 Mar 2010, 07:31 »

I don't know how this will end, but I'm having a hell of a time watching it.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #221 on: 26 Mar 2010, 07:34 »

Well good for Marigold! Kiss the hell out of him! Kiss him so hard he feels like a lady!
Well, maybe not that hard.

Cutest. Drunk. Come on. EVAR!

You go, Mar-Bear! You get you some of that inebriated nookie!

... at least, as has been mentioned, Faye bursts in on them in mid-coitus.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #222 on: 26 Mar 2010, 07:47 »

Here's to Marigold fucking Angus, freaking out when she wakes up, crying rape, and sending ol Angus McArgumentpants to PMITA prison.

*drinks*
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #223 on: 26 Mar 2010, 08:00 »

My guess is that Angus will disengage and be all, "Wha-buh-huh? I like you Marigold but not in that way," thereby (unintentionally but unavoidably) breaking poor Mar's heart, before Faye barges in. That's if she barges in rather than sit around going "fuck fuck fuck what have I done they're probably boning right now (etc.)"

I'll probably turn out to be wrong, but, y'know, just for fun.

kent_eh

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #224 on: 26 Mar 2010, 08:04 »

EDIT ADD: Also, I notice how Marigold kiss has "popped" Angus' drunk bubbles, nice touch for drawing a sobering-shock.

If I recall from a particular Bloom County (where Milo explains several comic drawing conventions) the official term is "Boozles".

And the motion lines that are drawn behind someone making a rapid departure* are called "Zipples"

*As illustrated by Opus sitting on a box of dynamite, and being propelled to the moon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #225 on: 26 Mar 2010, 08:36 »

No.  Awkwardness has already comenced, look at Angus' face.  He's going to talk Mar-mar down, but it's not gonna be easy - he's no longer as think as you drunk he is.  
Fixed that. A unique way to quickly sober up, apparently effective, but I somehow doubt it'll catch on. For one thing, I don't think Marigold would be willing to go from house to house kissing drunks. Could be wrong, though.

I'm leaning towards Faye barging in, seeing Maribear kissing him (this time or again in the "talking down" process, or she could even be standing in the doorway now and we just don't see it) and Faye freaks out and runs. Angus is then torn between following and dealing with Maribear. Oh the drama, it's delicious! ::nom nom nom nom::

Since Faye's already been informed this is her fault for bailing, freakout and run is unlikely. I suspect we'll either get one (the freaking) or the other (the running, but quietly). Or something completely different. There, I called it: whatever happens will be something completely different. I can't lose!  :laugh:

Sven needs a strong-willed woman to keep him in check.
That would be Lydia. Anyway, Sven's got to learn and want to keep himself in check. Otherwise, all you're talking about is getting him a keeper. Anybody who wants to do that should buy a dog. Or, if you enjoy both challenges and losing, a cat. In a relationship, being responsible for your SO's behavior gets old, fast.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2010, 08:38 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Malsies

• Not quite a lurker
  • Eat You
« Reply #226 on: 26 Mar 2010, 08:54 »

I stayed up WAAAY past my bed time to watch the UStream for this one, and I am exhausted today.  Totally worth it, though.

I bet we get a robot comic on Monday.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #227 on: 26 Mar 2010, 08:59 »

Anyone else notice that "Awkward-bomb" abbreviates to "A-bomb"?

Marigirl never went through the painful embarrassing high school experiments. This means all her ideas about romance come from media, and mostly from anime.

Getting hurt is part of living, but I still don't want it to happen to her.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #228 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:20 »

I'd say that no matter what happens, there's a 90% chance Angus gets hit/kicked in the groin by the end of the evening. 

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #229 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:27 »

I dont think Faye could barge in. 1) its not her house so she may be polite and knock, 2) the door may be locked, 3) She may just wait it out and ask Angus about it the next day.

now in this scenario several things can happen.
a)Angus dates Marigold and she changes her WoW ways or doesnt and causes strain on the relationship.
b)Angus rejects Marigold. Goes to CoD the next day and Faye asks about it.  Angus is shocked that he was oblivious to Mari's intention, tells Faye what happened and that he rejected her because he likes a certain barista.  Faye then loves the fact that this man actually rejects the advances of another woman and starts dating Angus.  Marigold, with the help of Momo, plots the destruction and demise of Faye.  Comedy ensues.
c)Same as above but Faye doesnt date Angus, but comes to the realization that she has feelings for him.
d) Angus dates marigold and everything works out fine except Faye realizes she missed her chance with a guy and re-evaluates herself romantically...again.
e) Angus explodes into a bazillion tiny pieces from the shock and Marigold goes on the lamb to avoid manslaughter/murder charges.

on a side note, I wonder how often Jeph looks at these threads and laughs at our attempts to write/speculate what will happen.

and on the poll I have to say when Elan first kissed Haley in order of the stick was adorable!
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2010, 09:29 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #230 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:36 »

Go figure - most people whio have voted already seem to think that the best web comic kiss happened in this very comic.  Who'd have thunk it? 

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #231 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:41 »

Go figure - most people whio have voted already seem to think that the best web comic kiss happened in this very comic.  Who'd have thunk it? 
haha the Marten Dora kiss was very romantic and was just as equally if not more so awesome, but I figure I give OOTS some props as I was re-reading that very story arc last night.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #232 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:48 »

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I may have to retect my QC vote and go with what you've overlooked: specifically, when Eiji kissed Reika in Red String. http://www.redstring.strawberrycomics.com/?p=1710, although to get the full effect, you have to start here: http://www.redstring.strawberrycomics.com/?p=1123

Edit: Retract, not retect. As much as I'd like to claim I made a new word, I have no idea what retect means.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2010, 12:46 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Strike Reyhi

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #233 on: 26 Mar 2010, 09:59 »

I'd say that no matter what happens, there's a 90% chance Angus gets hit/kicked in the groin by the end of the evening.  
bangin' is a form of hitting

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #234 on: 26 Mar 2010, 10:43 »

but not kicking.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #235 on: 26 Mar 2010, 10:59 »

Props to kent eh for mentioning Milo from Bloom County!  Had forgotten about 'boozles'.

And right, they are in a different building, albeit one that uses a similar interior color scheme.  I knew what I posted wouldn't happen, but today's strip was a nice 'oh snap' moment.  I'm not sure what Angus is going to say to Marigold, but I doubt that Faye is going back there -- she probably grumbled about it and went to bed, assuming the worst (well, if 'the worst' = 'some other girl is banging my not-boyfriend').  Maybe Angus will assume Faye doesn't really like him and will start avoiding her, or maybe he'll freak out and, heedless of Marigold's feelings, will head right for her at CoD in the morning.  It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Oh, and I realize that there was no AnthroPC interlude, but Pintsize did really seem to want Mexican food (chimichangas, specifically), so it's possible he could have gone straight to the taco source only to arrive after Faye left.  Perhaps he'd see something worthy of uploading to 4Chan.  Or FailBlog.

*pictures semi-undressed Angus holding semi-undressed Marigold's hair as she vomits into the toilet, partially missing the bowl, her glasses falling in*

Sorry.  That image was too awful not to share.  Now that I've posted it, though, it won't happen.  Phew!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #236 on: 26 Mar 2010, 13:26 »

but not kicking.

Well, unless Marigold starts living out her secret fantasy of being a S&M Mistress...

*pictures semi-undressed Angus holding semi-undressed Marigold's hair as she vomits into the toilet, partially missing the bowl, her glasses falling in*

It'd make a great Norman Rockwell portrait. 

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #237 on: 26 Mar 2010, 14:04 »

Titled "After the Prom"

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #238 on: 26 Mar 2010, 14:20 »

Titled "After the Pron"
Damn you, internet!

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster
« Reply #239 on: 26 Mar 2010, 14:41 »

YEAH MARIGOLD! GETCHA SOME OF THAT HOT ANGUS BEEF!

DarcOfTheShadows

• Not quite a lurker
  • Blood and thunder!
« Reply #240 on: 26 Mar 2010, 16:19 »

where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPEN

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #241 on: 26 Mar 2010, 17:41 »

The best part of the Internet is when people for whom English is a second/third/fifth language try to post all cool and hip in a message board thread.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #242 on: 26 Mar 2010, 18:22 »

Those with English as their first language never do that. Never ever.

Taigan

• Plantmonster
« Reply #243 on: 26 Mar 2010, 18:48 »

:?

Ok, I'm not up on my Arthurian legends, but can someone explain the title of the last strip to me?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #244 on: 26 Mar 2010, 19:35 »

something about pulling something long and hard out of ... yeah ...

I got nothin'.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #245 on: 26 Mar 2010, 19:57 »

Possibly the part where Arthur has sex with his sister Morgause* (accidentally, because they don't know they're related; Arthur is tricked, because Morgause wishes him ill or is making a power grab; and others—it depends on the teller). The result: everyone's favorite bastard, Mordred, who winds up killing Arthur.

Yes, soaps have been going for a looonnngggg time.

*For convenience's sake, she sometimes gets 'merged' with her sister, Morgan.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #246 on: 26 Mar 2010, 19:58 »

Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #247 on: 26 Mar 2010, 20:09 »

:?

Ok, I'm not up on my Arthurian legends, but can someone explain the title of the last strip to me?

I was thinking more along the lines of the Arthur/Guenivere/Lancelot triangle, but that doesn't really make sense, unless you switch genders - one guy romantically involved with two girls.  Well, trying to be involved with one, then pursued by another. 

And look how that turned out! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #248 on: 26 Mar 2010, 20:38 »

And Dora has the sword too.

Would that make her Merlin?  Or The Lady In The (Coffee) Lake?
James The Kugai 

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #249 on: 26 Mar 2010, 21:37 »

I think it's a bit simpler than that; Angus has already been referenced as the White Knight, and Marigold's basically putting his knightly chivalry to the test.  Will he decline the invitation and send her away, or will he face the challenge and unsheath his sword for battle?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up