THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 13 Jun 2024, 05:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paranormal Activity 2  (Read 5885 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Paranormal Activity 2
« on: 30 Jun 2010, 21:26 »

... looks like the first one but with a dog and a baby.

http://io9.com/5576060/paranormal-activity-2s-trailer-has-finally-been-released

granted the baby disappears but remains in the mirror.

ehhhh the first one scared the tits off me.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Paranormal Activity 2
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2010, 22:40 »

Paranormal Activity 2

Activity just got Paranormaller

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2010, 22:41 »

If that's not the tagline in all the publicity material I will wash my hands of Hollywood.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2010, 08:08 »

Man, I basically crapped my pants at the first one. I don't know if I will go see another. Unless I can line up someone to stay over at my house that night, and maybe the next night too. eep.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2010, 09:22 »

I am still freaked out by the first one. I wrap my covers around my feet now, so no demon can just easily blow they covers off and grab me. True story.

I will probably see this.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Zingoleb

« Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2010, 09:40 »

That reminds of this thing I read...this guy said something to the effect of, "I make sure to keep my feet from hanging off the bed, so no monsters can grab them while I sleep. Yes, I know they don't exist, but if my feet aren't hanging off then I know they can't get me!"

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jul 2010, 09:46 »

I am relatively excited by this, the addition of a dog and a baby makes me quite happy at the new possibilities this allows them.  Have you guys seen The Thing?  Good, now go watch it again and pay attention to how absolutely terrifying that dog is.  From the looks of it they're not doing the same thing with the dog but how awesome would it be if the demon possessed the dog right from the beginning and started acting really strange like in The Thing?  The baby angle thing makes me less excited, if we spend most of the movie focusing on the kid I might be snoozing but if they use it to show the parent's vulnerability and whatnot I would dig that.

But wow what a horrible trailer.  Why would you EVER try to sell the second movie by telling me how awesome the first one is?  New director and a new cast, don't mention the first one and have most of the footage from the first movie, that does not convince me in any way.  What that convinces me of is that you, the studio, has no faith in this movie and wants to sell it off the appeal of the first.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #7 on: 01 Jul 2010, 10:34 »

oh yay that comes out on my birthday. I just watched the first one last night around 2-4am last night, and i was pretty happy with it. spooky enough, i say! I suspect this one will be bad, since theyre apparently into showing you things instead of the much scarier alternative of not showing you.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jul 2010, 10:50 »

Paranormal Activity was an absolutely pathetic excuse for a movie.

It is completely astounding to me that so many of you not only didn't hate it, but enjoyed it! I think the world may have gone mad!

actually, now that I think about it, the only people I've ever talked to who didn't hate the movie are from this forum right here. Every person I've talked to about that movie in real life hated it at least as much as me, if not more.

this leads me to believe that you are all faking it and are involved in some sort of elaborate trolling scheme, the goal of which is completely unclear to me. Maybe you helped make the movie or something, I dunno.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jul 2010, 20:48 »

I am still pretty sure Blair Witch Project on a cold night (not the right season currently at all) on VHS (from a thrift store) at, like, 1am is about 700x scarier

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #10 on: 07 Jul 2010, 00:41 »

I still fail to understand how the first one scared anybody at all. It was painfully obvious when "scary" things were about to happen because the sound effects changed and the video slowed down. I was so close to falling asleep during the first one I was that bored. My friend next to me kept turning around to his girlfriend the entire time whispering "see the shadows! look at the door! OMG THE SHEETS MOVED" which just made it more hilarious for me.

I don't even think I'll bother seeing the second one.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #11 on: 07 Jul 2010, 01:05 »

Seriously, guys? If you don't like a film, simply don't like, don't spew bile at people who actually found enjoyment in watching it.

also

Twilight Fans are...special

Also I've heard that Micah and Katie are coming back for this and if that is the case I will most likely pass on this.  What I'm curious now is Peli's next project Area 51, something we haven't heard from in quite a while.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 07 Jul 2010, 01:14 »

"Paranormal Activity 2" ... is directed by Tod Williams, who also helmed the 2004 Jeff Bridges drama "The Door in the Floor."

The script is written by Michael R. Perry, who won an Emmy for an episode of "NYPD Blue" in 1997.

oh lord this movie is going to suck. never mind.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jul 2010, 02:40 »

Twilight Fans are...special

uh

Seriously, guys? If you don't like a film, simply don't like, don't spew bile at people who actually found enjoyment in watching it.

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #14 on: 07 Jul 2010, 08:28 »

The first one wasn't really scary when you were watching it, some of the things just caught you off guard and made you jump a bit. It was scary (for me at least) that night when I was home alone in my apartment at bedtime. I absolutely could not turn the lights off or go to sleep, I had to call a friend of mine and crash at their place to feel safe.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jul 2010, 08:41 »

Paranormal Activity was an absolutely pathetic excuse for a movie.

It is completely astounding to me that so many of you not only didn't hate it, but enjoyed it! I think the world may have gone mad!

actually, now that I think about it, the only people I've ever talked to who didn't hate the movie are from this forum right here. Every person I've talked to about that movie in real life hated it at least as much as me, if not more.

this leads me to believe that you are all faking it and are involved in some sort of elaborate trolling scheme, the goal of which is completely unclear to me. Maybe you helped make the movie or something, I dunno.
It's all a massive conspiracy
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #16 on: 07 Jul 2010, 09:10 »

The first one wasn't really scary when you were watching it, some of the things just caught you off guard and made you jump a bit. It was scary (for me at least) that night when I was home alone in my apartment at bedtime. I absolutely could not turn the lights off or go to sleep, I had to call a friend of mine and crash at their place to feel safe.

I like this response a lot because for a moment I thought it was a reply to the Twilight post above it. And I'm going to continue to believe that.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jul 2010, 11:28 »

This is exactly how I felt about it. While watching it, I was thinking "Man, this movie is so dumb and not scary at all." Then I tired to go to sleep that night. Our doorbell has faulty wiring, so sometimes it starts randomly going off at night. Somehow, I've convinced myself that really it is ghosts or something standing outside trying to get us to let it in. And of course, as soon as we laid down this starting happening. And yeah. It was dark and scary and I have a way overactive imagination.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #18 on: 07 Jul 2010, 11:36 »

Yeah, between the hours of 2.30 and 4.30am are the proper time to watch this. My house has birds in the roof (who wake up and start making noise above my room around 4am!), and there are often enough peculiar noises in one room or another, so regardless, it was an unsettling setting to watch in. Upon hearing the updates and seeing the trailer for the sequel, it looks really really really awful. I did enjoy the first one quite a bit, but I usually appreciate any low-budget film that achieves its goal, as that is what i would like to be doing in the next few years.

Also, I would like to universally give the finger to people that watch scary movies at 3pm with all of their friends and then talk about how they aren't scary.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #19 on: 08 Jul 2010, 06:10 »

Jesus guys maybe just try living in not-so-terrifying houses
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:00 »

This kind of hand-camera story telling always gets me. I don't know why, but i love it. Remember to watch Cannibal Holocaust, the grandad of this style!

And i am quite convinced that people with high imagination got more spooked by PA1. Then again, this really aplies to everything.
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #21 on: 05 Aug 2010, 23:09 »

Cannibal Holocaust is a great film!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up