THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 11 May 2024, 18:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: San Francisco 2011!  (Read 34233 times)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
Re: San Francisco 2011!
« Reply #150 on: 04 Apr 2011, 16:36 »

Okay so I'm probably spending my summer in Berkeley doing school there (which is AWESOME) sooo. I'm not sure where I am living--I might just stay with my sister so I can save money on rent, but if my friend sublets her apartment to me and two of my other friends, then I might do that, and if I do that, I would be down to host people because I don't think things through very properly.

Yeah Dovey I don't think you would need to find a bus to SF because it's much easier to just take the BART there. I'm trying to google map things but I'm very bad at planning as well, there should be buses to nearby bart stations, i don't know...

Once I finalize my summer plans though, maybe i can just go get you

I need to stop offering so many services to people purely out of excitement, it's gotten me in trouble enough times that i should stop lol
it's time to stop posting

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #151 on: 04 Apr 2011, 16:45 »

As I've had a slightly more difficult time than expected getting a job I'm not going to be able to come :( :( I'll try harder next year!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #152 on: 04 Apr 2011, 18:47 »

OK so, I am definitely going to be in San Luis Obispo around that time--did not get ComicCon tickets and managed to get rid of my San Diego hotel room, so that's all good.  My plan is to definitely come up to San Francisco and hang out for at least a couple of those days, maybe all of them (depending on the budget & whether or not I have a job).  If people are planning to rent out a block of hotel rooms or a house or something and need more takers,

If people wanted to stay here before or after the actual QCon dates, I'm totally down & my boyfriend's ok'd it.  We have a queen blow-up mattress and a couch, so we can sleep 3 people quite comfortably and more if people are ok with sleeping on the floor.

Anyone who's interested, PM me for address/phone number/etc.  And OH, also!

the Coast Starlight train which goes down the coast

That train also stops in SLO, about a mile from my house.  I don't know if that helps anyone at all.

According to Google Maps, getting into SF from an Amtrak station is easiest this way.  People from the city may have a better sense, though.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #153 on: 04 Apr 2011, 21:16 »

It looks like my participation is going to come down to what Stats class I can get in this Summer... I've attempted to get an override for the May-June course but I may be stuck in the June-August course, which would take me out of the running.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #154 on: 04 Apr 2011, 21:46 »

Nope, no money. Goddammit, Dovey, why didn't you stop here?!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #155 on: 04 Apr 2011, 22:06 »

It's because I'm afraid of you
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #156 on: 06 Apr 2011, 01:15 »

Jason and I will be there for at least one day, hopefully for two - Saturday and Sunday.

We are 2 hours from SF and about 1 hour from the BART station that will take you into downtown. I have a spare bedroom with a full size bed, a couch that uncomfortably sleeps two, and a blowup full size air mattress. Anyone is welcome to crash at my place before or after, but Jason and I will be working and might not be around the whole time. Anyone interested should PM me for details.

Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #157 on: 06 Apr 2011, 12:47 »

I can't believe this is happening like two months before I (might) move to San Francisco. You fucks.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #158 on: 06 Apr 2011, 12:58 »

NOOOOOO

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #159 on: 06 Apr 2011, 15:25 »

Dovey knowing which bus to take would require you to be more aware of where you're staying. However, Civic Center is gonna be in the general area of UN Plaza (near the big library and the school I almost went to!), and Pier 39/Fishermen's Wharf is gonna be, well, right where it says it is. That is the best answer I can really give; then again I'm not sure exactly what the question is!

By time this con rolls around, I will necessarily be living in my own place. I don't know yet what the full arrangement will be, but I know it will be in Berkeley. I will obviously be coming to whatever winds up happening (all I'll have to do is get the time off work), but I don't know yet if I can necessarily have people stay. I will be updating this and the Facebook thang as things develop!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #160 on: 06 Apr 2011, 15:41 »

odds that i'm not doing this are pretty high too, guys. i'm sorry! i just have so much shit to do this summer. it's going to be my first year in three where i don't hang out with internet types. it's going to feel weird.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #161 on: 06 Apr 2011, 15:57 »

Dovey knowing which bus to take would require you to be more aware of where you're staying.

Yeah, aware of this. I think I'm just gonna catch the train to the Emeryville Amtrak station and hop on a BART from there, which seems smarter, no less easy and saves me having to make a decision about that stuff when I'm booking the train ticket.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #162 on: 06 Apr 2011, 22:41 »

Johnny, if my experience is any indication, you'll be twice as set on making it to a thing no matter what next year. At least, that is what happened with me and Glasgow. So, y'know, start saving money, I guess.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #163 on: 09 Apr 2011, 23:19 »

I'LL BE THERE :D  Obvs.

Dovey is road tripping with The Big A and I to Rollercon which is AWESOME!  Because Dovey is better than all of you lame Americans.

Does anyone have any reccomendations of hotels or areas where I should be getting a hotel when I book (WHICH WILL BE SOON)?  I would love it if we could all stay in the same hotel (it doesn't look like there will be enough of us to make renting a house plausible) or at least in places nearby :D
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #164 on: 10 Apr 2011, 12:37 »

It's so cute that you call Aaron The Big A.

Lemme know if you find a hotel. It would be cool if we could stay in the same place, but I'm trying to keep costs down as well.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #165 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:53 »

Hahah my dad gave him that name and it kind of caught on.  Now my friends call him that too :D

I will be trying to keep costs down too, I will let you know where we stay :D
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #166 on: 12 Apr 2011, 10:48 »

I am getting paid on Friday and I am booking damn near everything. Train fare, bus fare, air fare, Rollercon pass, Las Vegas hotel, and probably car rental if I can find a decent deal.

Also, I am pretty sure that I am going to have to stay overnight in Seattle before getting on the train. The bus I'm looking at taking arrives in Seattle at 1615 on Wednesday the 20th of July and the train for SF departs at 0945 the next day. Any Seattle people around, wanna hang out for a night?

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #167 on: 12 Apr 2011, 12:05 »

I was just thinking that although the same people who went to the PRF BBQ in Chicago last year can't make it (namely me, Tania, Andy, JC, Mason and Christophe) due to general busyness, Sam's band Half Mile Fox Fur is playing this year. Thus, if anybody is in or around Chicago or just wants an excuse to go, they should use this opportunity. Plus you'd get to see a bunch of other great bands and chill with good people at the BBQ. Just a thought!

I might be able to go this year maybe

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #168 on: 12 Apr 2011, 12:55 »

Guys can I get in on the Facebook thing so as to remain in the loop on the plans for this? As long as I get a car for the summer I would definitely be interested in coming, since my bro lives in Santa Clara anyway.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #169 on: 12 Apr 2011, 13:01 »

If I go anywhere this summer, I'm going to a wedding. A wedding of forumites. The ultimate act of webcest.

The one in Boston, not the one in California. East Coast Rulez.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #170 on: 12 Apr 2011, 13:06 »

yelley and jason 4evaaaaa
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #171 on: 12 Apr 2011, 13:46 »

If I go anywhere this summer, I'm going to a wedding. A wedding of forumites. The ultimate act of webcest.

The one in Boston, not the one in California. East Coast Rulez.

I thought that was NEXT summer. Rachel asked me for my address to send an invite, but I didn't get one yet.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #172 on: 12 Apr 2011, 19:27 »

That's because we haven't sent them yet.  They'll be going out in the next couple weeks.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #173 on: 12 Apr 2011, 20:35 »

Her FB message thingy and their website says this summer. Be on top of things, gawd!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #174 on: 13 Apr 2011, 03:33 »

I am getting paid on Friday and I am booking damn near everything. Train fare, bus fare, air fare, Rollercon pass, Las Vegas hotel, and probably car rental if I can find a decent deal.

Also, I am pretty sure that I am going to have to stay overnight in Seattle before getting on the train. The bus I'm looking at taking arrives in Seattle at 1615 on Wednesday the 20th of July and the train for SF departs at 0945 the next day. Any Seattle people around, wanna hang out for a night?

<3  Dovey is the BEST!  We are going to have the BEST TIME!  Australians unite yo!

Also if you pick a SF hotel let me know and I will pick the same one!

i wish I booked everything ages ago :(  everythign has gotten more expensive and more stupid WAH
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2011, 03:39 by jodizzle »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #175 on: 13 Apr 2011, 07:11 »

That's because we haven't sent them yet.  They'll be going out in the next couple weeks.

Rachel goddammit get married like July 15th or something. I'll be around that weekend for specific reasons (*cough*MANCHESTER UNITED*cough*)

Hey and tell Jon to return a damn text message. I want to see you guys this Saturday!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #176 on: 13 Apr 2011, 14:53 »

You don't go to weddings on weekends of football games! You won't be able to stop fussing about the dang game and will drive people (me) crazy!

Also, Shane, if you go, we should be internet wedding dates. Unless you have a lady friend that's coming, then I may have to fight her.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #177 on: 14 Apr 2011, 05:48 »

A) The game is Wednesday the 13th. But I was planning on staying with some friends for the weekend.

B) As of the moment, I am lady-friend free. We shall make a very awesome couple, Linds!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #178 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:06 »

Dude Sam you have a beard. Just wear a Methadones shirt and they'll think you're local.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #179 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:32 »

Aw, Sam, take the eL. Everything is way simpler that way.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #180 on: 14 Apr 2011, 19:05 »

Oh yeah well why don't you just marry Chicago

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #181 on: 14 Apr 2011, 19:07 »

Hang on

You are marrying a surly punk rock lesbian with terrible eating habits

It all makes sense now

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #182 on: 14 Apr 2011, 22:04 »

Rachel goddammit get married like July 15th or something. I'll be around that weekend for specific reasons (*cough*MANCHESTER UNITED*cough*)

Do yr bro a solid and toss incendiaries onto the field for me, yeah?

Not moving to Berk, turns out.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #183 on: 19 Apr 2011, 00:18 »

Hey just dropping by so I can put a reminder in here that we gotta go to an In 'n' Out Burger while we're in SF

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #184 on: 19 Apr 2011, 02:35 »

I will eat whatever tasty foods you take me to!

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #185 on: 19 Apr 2011, 16:55 »

if you guys are looking out for regional foods, i can bring up cactus cooler if i go to bako the weekend before

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #186 on: 20 Apr 2011, 01:12 »

I HAVE PAID FOR MY FLLLIIIIGGHHTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #187 on: 20 Apr 2011, 04:27 »

Okay, fuck it, I'm going to go to this thing because I have never been to the West Coast, and it's probably the last summer that I can do it as a student. So I am breaking open the piggy bank. 22nd to 25th of July in San Francisco yeah? I was thinking of travelling all across the coast.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #188 on: 20 Apr 2011, 08:47 »

yusssssssss
Liz is touching me.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #189 on: 20 Apr 2011, 09:18 »

Woooooooo

I HAVE PAID FOR MY FLLLIIIIGGHHTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Me too! Also: The bus and train from here to SF, My Rollercon pass, Las Vegas hotel and the hostel for Seattle. I spent like $850 wooooooooo. All I need know is to book the SF accommodation (any more ideas re: that, anybody? I've found a few hotels but it'd still be cool if we could find a place where we could all stay together) and car rental. THIS IS HAPPENING  :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #190 on: 20 Apr 2011, 10:17 »

if you guys are looking out for regional foods, i can bring up cactus cooler if i go to bako the weekend before

Dude you can buy that shit here in Livermore, let's bombard everybody with it because it RULES

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #191 on: 20 Apr 2011, 10:30 »

The gas station next to the Hampton Inn in Livermore DID NOT HAVE ANY.

Trust me, I spent like 5 minutes staring at the cooler one night and sadly bought some strawberry soda.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #192 on: 20 Apr 2011, 15:41 »

oh yes it's finally fucking confirmed that i'm living in east bay for the summer so hoorays! hoorays all around! no apartment, though.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #193 on: 20 Apr 2011, 15:44 »

While I'm still drunk and all touchy-feely lemme just say how incredibly excited I am to see everybody in SF. I hope y'all are ready for monster hugs

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #194 on: 20 Apr 2011, 17:08 »

yussssssssssss
Liz is touching me.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #195 on: 21 Apr 2011, 09:50 »

Dovey, what bus service are you using to get from Seattle to San Francisco? Cheapest flights are to SF, so might travel to Seattle and then bus it back.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #196 on: 21 Apr 2011, 10:02 »

Not bus! Amtrak! Train! Coast Starlight line, departing from Seattle on 7/21 at 0945
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 10:05 by David_Dovey »

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #197 on: 21 Apr 2011, 10:35 »

Cool, I looked into that, it's alright for price. I was thinking of hitch hiking up the coast (if i can convince my friend to come with me - outlook good) to save on moneys (god fucking damnit flights are expensive) I just wanted to be sure I would make it back from Seattle on time for a flight home. I'm still deciding whether I want to do the trip and end in SF or start and SF and then road trip. Might be an idea to be in a city for some time while I get adjusted to the time difference?

I was thinking of subletting my flat during the first two weeks of the Fringe to recuperate some costs.

richlitt

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • Hub
« Reply #198 on: 21 Apr 2011, 11:12 »

I'm thinking similar things. Mostly because I am sitting next to StaedlerMars, but also because I am thinking similar things.

I might buy a boat and sail there from Vancouver. I have some connexions in the bay area for sailing, so... I think that would be cool too. Anyone else here done that?

I, also, might sublet.
fungi are fucking punk rock!
I hear they're really big underground.

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #199 on: 21 Apr 2011, 23:29 »

Hey just dropping by so I can put a reminder in here that we gotta go to an In 'n' Out Burger while we're in SF

There are better burgers here. Much better. We took a friend from out of the country to get In 'n' Out at his insistence and he was... rather disappointed.

Joe's Cable Car or Super Duper are my recommendations if we want non-super-fancy burgers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up