Poll

Moment of the week!

Tai as an MGS guard
- 6 (5.6%)
Mieville's tragic leap
- 38 (35.2%)
KILL.  YOU.  BOTH.
- 22 (20.4%)
..-. ..- -. / .-- .. - .... / ... .- -- ..- . .-.. / -- --- .-. ... .
- 30 (27.8%)
"Stop slapping yourself with your metal hand!" (not an actual quote, but I like to think she said it between comics)
- 12 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2-6 May 2011 (1916-1920)  (Read 69626 times)

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
Re: WCDT 2-6 May 2011 (1916-1920)
« Reply #150 on: 04 May 2011, 03:54 »

Has anyone in QC ever faced serious consequences for what they've done? I don't think jail time is any kind of real worry for them.

srpilha

• Not quite a lurker
  • composer, researcher (no, srsly)
« Reply #151 on: 04 May 2011, 04:37 »

It's been coming along for a while, but it's official now: Steve is an asshole.

He takes the opportunity to douchebag his way through relationships. Every. Single. Time.

I mean, srsly.
Eggplant casserole tonight?
Why, yes!

mike837go

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Warning: Does NOT Play Well With Others
« Reply #152 on: 04 May 2011, 04:39 »

Has anyone in QC ever faced serious consequences for what they've done? I don't think jail time is any kind of real worry for them.

And, this is the Northhampton PD we're talking about here: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1389

What consequences?
Thought for the day: At the grenade launcher range, do not yell “M-203, I choose you!”
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #153 on: 04 May 2011, 04:49 »

VespAvenger got the closest, then the spooks intervened and gave her a job instead.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #154 on: 04 May 2011, 04:57 »

Pintsize almost got RMA'd by Agent Turing, but he was rescued by the Pugnacious Peach owls.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #155 on: 04 May 2011, 05:41 »

Truth be told, I've worried that doing something that I saw a friend do in a busted relationship has made me concerned that it would lead down the same path.

Then I realized that it was his ex's fault, not his. (Generally.)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

TheEvilDog

« Reply #156 on: 04 May 2011, 06:08 »

It's been coming along for a while, but it's official now: Steve is an asshole.

Steve isn't an asshole, he's just an idiot that doesn't think before he speaks. Everyone has at least one friend like that, they aren't douchebags, they were just born without that little mental filter that says "errr you might want to rethink that comment before you insult someone by accident"

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
« Reply #157 on: 04 May 2011, 06:18 »

he even gets on well with Sven despite a bit of hipster one-upsmanship.

What the hell do you mean by a hipster one-upsmanship?

Everyone has at least one friend like that, they aren't douchebags, they were just born without that little mental filter that says "errr you might want to rethink that comment before you insult someone by accident"

Same, except the same guy is a massive cockblocker as well. It's unbelievable how many chicks he can pull when he's outright dumb.

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #158 on: 04 May 2011, 06:51 »

To be totally fair to Steve, it is perhaps not surprising that watching a relationship that he regarded as being pretty solid self destruct might be enough to make him feel a bit nervous, particularly when about to take a big new step. I think that's all he's trying to express here. I mean, I understand Marten's initial reaction, but I'm sure Steve is far from being malicious.

(edited for grammatical agreement...)

My thinking too. In some ways, Steve avoiding talking about Martin's recent breakup could be even more awkward as it would be different for the conversation to continue. If Steve had avoided the true reason, it would be hard to explain why he was hesitant about co-habitating when it was clearly on his mind. Once Martin twigged as to why Steve was avoiding mentioning him as the reason, possibly Martin would be more insulted.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #159 on: 04 May 2011, 07:08 »

Ok, Steve does deserve a punch imo... But that won't happen since that's not the way Marten rolls. Marten can still tell him he's a douche and leave the idiot alone.

That was NOT cool, dude.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #160 on: 04 May 2011, 07:34 »

Okay, I thought that when he was threatening Clinton with a sword, we'd seen Marten's murder-face.

We were wrong.  So very wrong.

Steve isn't just facing the murder-face.  He's about one sentence away from actually provoking the Manatee on Codiene to physical violence.  Justified physical violence.

Agreed.  Steve's next sentence better be a quick statement abount how he's unsure since he's seen what he thought was a solid realtionship implode after the move in or we get to see what a manatee can do when aroused.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

TheEvilDog

« Reply #161 on: 04 May 2011, 08:25 »

or we get to see what a manatee can do when aroused.

See a very awkward attempt of trying to get it on with Steve? There are some unfortunate implications right there.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #162 on: 04 May 2011, 08:46 »

Steve's a little dickish, yeah but not intentionally. I mean you can tell he's not trying to be an asshole, he just doesn't seem to know what 'tact' means. And it's a little hard to argue with him when Marten's still got the no sleep/stress lines under his eyes...

Anyway, I see a brofight happening tomorrow. Not a physical one, but I have a feeling Marten's gonna have something to say about that.

And finally, NO STEVE DON'T DO IT (I've always had a feeling Cosette's gonna turn out to be a crazy bitch)!!!!!
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #163 on: 04 May 2011, 08:57 »

Hipster one-upmanship
There was also the guitar episode.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #164 on: 04 May 2011, 08:58 »

She'll be screaming at him for putting the color socks in with his white socks and that the love fern died.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ChicagoTed

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #165 on: 04 May 2011, 09:02 »

Honestly  Steve's comment in the last panel seemed appropriate to me.  He is addressing both his concerns about elevating the state of the relationship his is in and what seem to be fears and uncertainties about the possible negative consequences of doing so to a friend of his who just recently DID experience those negative consequences.  Yes it is crass but if anything I think it shows Steve is a lot more vulnerable than he lets on.

Also hi I'm new pleasedonthurtme

DJRubberducky

• Plantmonster
  • The Flash liked me better when I made poopy noises
« Reply #166 on: 04 May 2011, 09:04 »

Marten: "Yeah, but Dora wasa really messed up and had all these issues, while Cosette...

Oh.  I see your point"

:lol:

I was actually coming in here to say "And THIS, boys and girls, is a very good reason to keep inaccurately labeling your previous partners as 'crazy'.  If Marten were actually in a mood to cheer up his friend, he could use the C-word to describe Dora and by careful word choice imply that Cosette does not possess such instability."

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #167 on: 04 May 2011, 09:26 »

Cosette's display in The Secret Bakery notwithstanding, I think Steve has (usually unwittingly) demonstrated he's the less-secure one in his relationships. I won't go so far as to say he's the Dora in this case, as Dora at least displayed awareness of things she needed to work out, and can better back up her assertiveness, even if she doesn't herself feel it.

Edit for stupid spelling mistake.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 12:00 by DSL »
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #168 on: 04 May 2011, 09:32 »

Welcome new person!

I took Steve's remark the same way, as if he intended to say "I'm nervous, if even you and Dora broke up, then what chance do I have?"
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #169 on: 04 May 2011, 09:40 »

I wish to add myself onto the 'Steve does NOT deserve punching' side of the argument.

Marten telling Steve that it'll all work out would be fine and reassuring, except Marten just got dumped and didn't see it coming.

He SUCKS at predicting the future.

This is Steve's time to voice a perfectly reasonable vote of no confidence in Marten's platitudes. Steve does actually have a lot to worry about regarding Cosette moving in- it could go badly and they break up, it might go well until she gets pregnant and Steve runs and hides, all sorts of things could very reasonably happen.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #170 on: 04 May 2011, 09:54 »

I have to agree with the "Steve is expressing his innermost doubts to his best friend" crew here, despite going for the funny after a long day/night with no sleep.  I'm sure we'll get some more elucidation tomorrow, and Murderin' Marten will go back to manatee mode soon enough...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Mustakyy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
« Reply #171 on: 04 May 2011, 10:10 »

NOT cool Steve, srsly, NOT COOL.   :-o

I took Steve's remark the same way, as if he intended to say "I'm nervous, if even you and Dora broke up, then what chance do I have?"

Yep, got same kind of vibe from the comment. He wasnt being a dick intentionally, but nonetheless, that was still quite douchy thing to say.
Lately enjoyable brotimes with Steve have been replaced by awkwardness, tactical TMI's and some unintentional douchery.

As for Manatee Deathgaze, I think things will blow over in short time, given that there's not going to be more shenanigans. We'll see...

(edited some bad grammer)
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 10:14 by Mustakyy »
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #172 on: 04 May 2011, 10:49 »

I think its just a difference in social groups that makes people react so badly to Steve there. Yeah, it may be an annoying thing to hear, but from the perspective of "I thought you guys were solid and it still blew up" that was pretty accurate way of expressing his doubts.

I don't know. I'm not sure really if half of you are as strict with what your friends do as you say here, because if I hit every one of my friends who occasionally said something like that, I wouldn't have very many friends left.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #173 on: 04 May 2011, 11:00 »

Steve has busted Marten's balls from almost the very first time we met him.  I speak from personal experience when I say this - some guys that are best friends do this.

I do this sometimes, and sometimes it is done to me.  I don't consider the person doing it any less my friend for saying so, though I might give them a friendly arm punch and call them a dick.  I don't think I'm considered an asshole for doing it, but if my friends THINK I'm an asshole, and they don't tell me, how can they expect me to know?  Anyway - Steve IS a little bit of a jerk, but to be totally honest, Marten needs it at times.  Marten also fucks with Steve at times, so I think they're pretty much even on this front.

"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #174 on: 04 May 2011, 11:17 »

If anything, Marten's an idiot for not seeing that line of reasoning coming.  Also, welcome to the forum, Ted (who hails from Chicago)!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #175 on: 04 May 2011, 11:48 »

Lets look at it from Steve's perspective.
Steve's major girlfriends (from what we've seen) have consisted of an overly-needy marine student, a pathology assistant who still lived with her literally perfect ex-boyfriend (whom she dumped Steve for, and promptly married him by all accounts), not to mention Tortura,the scarred Russian Villianess who had Steve in what looked like a torture/bondage session, now on the run from the Department. And currently, but not least, we have Cosette, a woman whose clumsy mishaps would put Inspector Clouseau to shame.

Then, we have Steve's father, a man who has been married 4 times, or perhaps three times, even Steve is a little confused about that, which might indicate that his father has a revolving door leading to his bedroom.

So, Steve looks at his best friend, Marten Reed, a guy, who looking at his past should be all kinds of messed up - parents divorced, gay dad with a nightclub, world famous dominatrix for a mother. Yet despite this, Martin is relatively normal. So, imagine Steve's surprise when his normal pal ends up being in a relationship with a hot, former goth, without, to him, many inhibitions, a fiery ass and is a successful buisness woman. Even Steve has told Marten that he wished he could have the same kind of relationship with a girl that Marten had with Dora. Suddenly, Marten is the relationship role-model for Steve, especially to the point where Dora is moving in with Marten.

And, oop, pretty much out of nowhere, to our resident himbo, Dora and Marten have broken up, the status quo has been shaken up, and now, for Steve, seeing what looked like a stable enough relationship collapse like that has given him cause for concern, and now that mental filter is forgotten about as Steve's insecurities have started rising to the surface.

Duuuuuude, Steve is turning into the Dora in his relationship!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #176 on: 04 May 2011, 12:00 »

Damn it, that was an extremely well written post that gave good insight on today's comic.

I say "damn it" because I almost can't take it seriously, since you used the word "himbo".

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #177 on: 04 May 2011, 12:02 »

wait - isn't Cosette the crazy harpy on crutches whose furious stare almost bore hellholes through her best friend's skull...?
(That was a good comic, but i can't remember the number...)   (and then Marten's prediction that their date would end with Steve dead and on fire, and her pregnant...?)

I'd be a LITTLE cautious about moving in with an accident-prone walking volcano, who just happens to drive employers to disaster...

Imagine what she could do to a SO.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 23:54 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

TheEvilDog

« Reply #178 on: 04 May 2011, 12:04 »

M.o.M., well, I might have used the term beefcake, but, lets face it, Steve just doesn't seem that bright.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #179 on: 04 May 2011, 12:05 »

I would've accepted "man whore", but "himbo"?  Meh.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #180 on: 04 May 2011, 12:11 »

Been there, done that, Marten. Nothing to put the icing on a long relationship going down in flames than for all your friends to suddenly become tepid about taking any steps in their own relationships, and pointing the finger to your's as proof. It's like: "Thanks jackass. I already don't feel bad about my own life being screwed up, I really needed to think I'm partially responsible for fucking your's up too."

I hope the Horrible Revelation has some spare swords behind the bar that Marten can rent out.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #181 on: 04 May 2011, 12:42 »

Hell, at this point he probably has it with him. He and Faye probably take turns carrying it around.

Also I like the little fruity thing Marty's doing with his hand in panel 3 (I didn't notice it before lol)
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #182 on: 04 May 2011, 14:43 »

Polite request for an alternate panel 4 that involves Marten and laser-eyes.
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???

Heliphyneau

• Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #183 on: 04 May 2011, 15:13 »

Ah Steve, fulfilling his role as The Douche.  He wasn't 'born without a mental filter' though -- tact is learned.  At a certain point as a socially-integrated adult, if you haven't learned tact, it's either an indication of a mental disability or it's a choice.  Steve may not be smart, but I'm gonna go with choice on this one.  He avoids taking responsibility for his actions by not acknowledging their consequences.  In short, he doesn't give a shit if people get pissed at what he says.  Also, he and Marten may rib each other from time to time, but Steve appears to be serious here.

Suddenly, Marten is the relationship role-model for Steve

That may be the case, but I don't think Steve has ever expressed that to Marten and I doubt Marten would infer that from Steve's statement.  Even if Steve does think that, it's a bad comparison for him to draw.  There are too many differences between all four people for what happened between Marten and Dora to have any real correlation with what might happen between Steve and Cosette if they happen to move in together.  Of course, I think Steve and Cosette living together is a horrible idea -- they're terrible at communicating and she's ridiculously accident-prone -- but it could well prove to be hilarious for us.

Nothing to put the icing on a long relationship going down in flames than for all your friends to suddenly become tepid about taking any steps in their own relationships, and pointing the finger to your's as proof. It's like: "Thanks jackass. I already don't feel bad about my own life being screwed up, I really needed to think I'm partially responsible for fucking your's up too."

Exactly.  As 'over' Dora as Marten may be right now (he's obviously still working through some of that), he doesn't need his buddy tagging him as being to blame for said buddy's relationship slowing down or faltering.  If Steve doesn't want to move in with Cosette, he should have the balls to say so to her, hell-flames be damned.  Maybe we'll hear more of his thought process on this tomorrow.  Or maybe it'll be flying roombas akimbo!  Either way, we'l see.

And Marten laser-eyes would be awesome.   :-D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #184 on: 04 May 2011, 15:46 »

Hipster one-upmanship

Thanks, that's what I was meaning.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #185 on: 04 May 2011, 16:16 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #186 on: 04 May 2011, 16:27 »

]This made me spit out my drink.  I know you were being sarcastic, or perhaps misunderstood what you quoted
Both actually, thanks for noticing. :laugh:

Hipster one-upmanship
Does Steve share the same hipster value hierarchy that Marten and Sven apparently do? I don't remember him being so into musical "indy cred" or guitar fetishism for example, so would he be susceptible to hipster one-up-manship?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #187 on: 04 May 2011, 16:59 »

Oh excellent and timely comment Steve.

I swear, if Marten had Pintsize's Laser in his eye right now. Steve's head would be melting at this point.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #188 on: 04 May 2011, 17:27 »

I can't think of any examples of hipsterism from Steve. Anybody?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #189 on: 04 May 2011, 18:56 »

Steve is a lot of things, but hipster doesn't seem to be one of them. If anything, he's more the frat-boy stereotype, although I don't think they've ever mentioned him actually belonging to a fraternity at any time.

I suppose a lot of people have different sorts of friendships than I do- if the exact same conversation were to happen between me and one of my best friends, instead of a death gaze, the phrase 'You've got a point, there.' would be used, because Steve DOES have a point.

If you can't speak your feelings around your closest friends, when can you?
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #190 on: 04 May 2011, 19:01 »

What the hell do you mean by a hipster one-upsmanship?

He's talking about when the two of them compared indie-bands that they'd seen/heard way back when .

EDIT: ####, this is what I get for being out of the loop for so long.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2011, 19:03 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #191 on: 04 May 2011, 19:09 »

Been there, done that, Marten. Nothing to put the icing on a long relationship going down in flames than for all your friends to suddenly become tepid about taking any steps in their own relationships, and pointing the finger to your's as proof. It's like: "Thanks jackass. I already don't feel bad about my own life being screwed up, I really needed to think I'm partially responsible for fucking your's up too."

Umm Steve's life has not been "fucked up", he's just feeling nervous.

And while (arguably) he could have put it a bit more tactfully, I don't see how him hiding it or lying about it would be beneficial to anyone.

I think Marten will cope.

Reviewing post...

Quite right.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #192 on: 04 May 2011, 19:41 »

As everyone and their mother has already said, Steve has every right to be nervous about moving in with Cosette after what happened to Dora and Marten. That said, Steve and Cosette are very different from Marten and Dora, so only time can tell how this will turn out.

Also, I believe someone mentioned making an alternate version of panel 4 with Marten having laser eyes? I support that motion.
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #193 on: 04 May 2011, 21:21 »

Not sure where all the Steve hate is coming from.

While he wants women, once in a relationship he both is faithful and quite emotionally invested in them.  See the aftermath of both Ellen and Meena to see that for all the little boy bluster and bravado, once in he's commited.

While many might see his comment here as something thoughtless, it likley reveals more of a concern that, once again, he's going to be dumped and that ladies and gentlemen is likely an emotionally scary prospect.  Some people when really worried about their own emotional needs may not be as cognizant of other's needs or feelings.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #194 on: 04 May 2011, 22:43 »

Man, this is exactly what I was trying to say earlier, yet I tripped over my words and took many more and said much less.

Nick and Marla

• Plantmonster
« Reply #195 on: 04 May 2011, 23:10 »

Steve is acting pretty standard from where I'm sitting. Marten doesn't seem thick skinned. Steve probably steps on his toes every now and again. Probably used to it. But what do I know.
If I'm being an jerk, I'm Nick.

Grantzilla

• Not quite a lurker
  • Kick at the darkness.
    • Movies With Grant
« Reply #196 on: 04 May 2011, 23:49 »

Marten: Shut your five dollar ass up before I make change...
"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #197 on: 05 May 2011, 00:04 »

The usual MS Paint hack job.  Someone with an artistic bent should really do this crap instead of me. 

But I'm glad to be of service! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #198 on: 05 May 2011, 00:13 »

*gives Grantzilla 10 internets for the New Jack City reference*
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

Grantzilla

• Not quite a lurker
  • Kick at the darkness.
    • Movies With Grant
« Reply #199 on: 05 May 2011, 00:32 »

*gives Grantzilla 10 internets for the New Jack City reference*

Internets accepted.8)
"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up