QC PonyLeakers
- 1 (1.8%)
Forumites
- 1 (1.8%)
Something else entirely.
- 1 (1.8%)
"Fans of Questionable Content"
- 9 (16.4%)
Other (please explain for the rest of us)
- 5 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2226-2230 (9-13 July 2012) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread (SDCC Edition 1)  (Read 63571 times)

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

@someone:
... liked how you stirred the pot there. Doesn't happen too often here.

But I think you're over-dramatizing. Maybe this whole thing was just Tai giving Dora an honest-to-goodness compliment in her own - definitely different - kind of way. Something Dora has NEVER before experienced since this webcomic started.
(Don't get me wrong, she has gotten many a compliment, but never one this sincere and ... serious.)
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

I don't think Tai meant to hijack Dora's progress, I agree that she was trying to give an honest compliment.

Of course, the effect may be that Dora stops going to therapy - and Dora *IS* messed up, and Tai doesn't know anywhere near the full extent of that - but I really don't think that was Tai's intent.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

she does say to her friend in therapy you have good qualities (good) and that is why I want you (disgustingly manipulative of someone you know is in therapy).
Wait... You mean you're supposed to tell people you're attracted to them because of their bad qualities?

This poster has an interesting track record.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

The mods are aware of this - as you see, one of those posts had a moderator edit.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Re:  Poll

QC-ers?  ("Cue see-ers")
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

QC-ers?  ("Cue see-ers")

Cussers? Clive Cussler?

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

QC-ers?  ("Cue see-ers")

Cussers? Clive Cussler?

Jeph doesn't cameo in his strip nearly enough for us to invoke the Clive-ster.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Y

• Curry sauce

What about QCweed/QSeaweed?

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

I don't think Tai meant to hijack Dora's progress, I agree that she was trying to give an honest compliment.

Of course, the effect may be that Dora stops going to therapy - and Dora *IS* messed up, and Tai doesn't know anywhere near the full extent of that - but I really don't think that was Tai's intent.

Of course.  Not all.  Tai genuinely likes Dora.  She's just ignorant of Dora's problems.  Understandable.  She honestly doesn't know Dora all that well. 

Her intent to cheer Dora up was great and get her to realize strengths, albeit in a roundabout and ignorant way was street.  It's good for Dora to be appreciated.

Though personally, Tai would be a poor choice to get back on the horse as it were.  She's a college party girl who loves getting laid with multiple gals, getting stoned, and is well.  Pretty loose sexually.  With Dora's control issues, Tai is the best choice, especially when Dora is finally getting somewhere.

Tai would be an unstable one.  More of a one-night stander quality.  I personally think she should go safe after the healing and stable.  Not wild and freaky right off the bat with Tai.  Tai still needs to mature A TON to handle Dora.

Rant over.  That's pretty all I have to say about it.

Goscar

I think Tai didn't mean to undermine her issues but  to put them in perspective that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has at least one personal demon/issue they have and hers could be a lot worse.

But after that I must say I am rather disgusted by Tai. Not the fact she is gunning for Dora now but the fact that she was gunning for her while she was still with Marten. And instead of giving Dora some time and space to recover after the break up, which is what she is trying to do, she is going on the offense (and damn what a good one to!).

Me just my 2 cents!

Platypodes

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Pancakes!

To everyone talking about Tai's promiscuity as a problem, remember that Tai has always expressed interest in a monogamous relationship, but hasn't found one and has gotten caught up in the poly scene at her school.

She started out here http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=728 wanting to be exclusive with Bailey, and after Bailey rejected her, she got into a three-way while drunk and disappointed: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=765

Later she expresses her dissatisfaction and her desire to "settle down with one person" in http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1595 and http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1596

It doesn't seem fair to say that just because Tai has had casual sex and threesomes, she wouldn't be a good partner in a long-term monogamous relationship.  Why couldn't she be capable of both?  (EDIT: Also, it just occurred to me that I don't know if we can be sure Tai has actually had all that much casual or group sex.  Ashley and Serena were her first threesome, and has she ever described any other hookups?)

I think part of Tai's problem with finding the sort of relationship she wants lies in her approach--getting drunk and taking off her pants, rushing into hookups, etc.  This M.O. is more likely to attract party girls and casual partners. (Note: I'm not saying that all non-monogamous folks are party girls and casual partners, but I think most of Tai's partners have been).

Here, Tai tries a different approach.  She doesn't move in for a makeout.  She expresses her feelings in a way that's caring, romantic, and not overtly sexual.  She demonstrates that she cares about Dora as more than just a potential hookup, and she shows Dora some of what she has to offer as a more-than-just-sexual partner--kindness, sensitivity, and support.

I don't see Tai's pep talk as discouraging Dora from going to therapy.  Tai isn't telling Dora "you're perfect, stop trying to improve."  She's telling Dora to stop beating up on herself.

One of Dora's issues is insecurity.  She feels inadequate and inferior.  Remember how she obsessed about the idea that Marten only went out with her as a second-best because he couldn't have Faye?  Dora's self esteem could use a boost.  Sitting around saying "I'm such a horrible mess because I have these issues" doesn't help you work on those issues, it gets in the way.  If Dora learns to say, "I have some shit to work out, but I'm a strong and capable and awesome person," that will give her more confidence to face her issues and deal with them. 

Tai is showing a new level of maturity here, and I think she totally rocked in how she handled this.
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2012, 18:56 by Platypodes »

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

I agree completely with Platypodes' post.

As someone who has had serious psychological issues and been through years of therapy, I can say that when you are going through such issues it gets really easy to see yourself as nothing more than your issues. You ignore any positive qualities about yourself and only see the mess. Sometimes you need someone to cut through all your self-deprecation and remind you that there is more to you than the mess. Not to dismiss your problems and the work you need to do, but simply to remind you that there are parts of you that are pretty kick ass too.

That is what Tai did here.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

tut21

• Plantmonster

Some of the commenters here are forgetting that we readers know more about each character's issues than the characters themselves. We're privy to conversations on both sides; for example we witnessed Marten and Dora's arguments and the aftermath with other friends.

Tai doesn't have all of that info and she's just being honest and sincere about her feelings for Dora. Feelings that she's had for a while.

Dora didn't exactly break it off with Marten just a day or two ago either. I'd guess that a few months have passed since then.

So that's why Tai doesn't seem manipulative at all to me. Good for her, even if the relationship never happens.

Somebody

• Curry sauce

I know when my daughter goes off to college in four years, I hope she gets to be friends with the dorm slut who spends all day backing with a robot then getting drunk on expensive wine and hitting on her former boyfriend's ex. That is classic. Such neeto hipster cool.
I'm going to skip the broader problems with this post, and even the borderline-impersonatory username, and jump straight to the part where you seem to think Marten and Tai used to be a couple (as well as Marten & Dora).

Like the girl said, she has the right parts but a totally different instruction manual.

TheEvilDog

On the one hand, yeah, Tai paid Dora a compliment, which is always a good way for boosting a person's confidence. She likes Dora, she told her as much and she finds her attractive. Ultimately, its a good thing to know that there are people who find you attractive and will say it to you.

On the other hand, Tai doesn't nearly know as much as we do. To say to someone "Everyone has issues, thats nothing new, so why not get over it?" (I'm paraphrasing here) isn't nearly as helpful as it might seem to be. What Tai knows about Dora and her issues would most likely come from Marten, which would probably seem to her to be the mumblings of a guy who got dumped, if indeed he did say anything.

We know far more about what's going on than Tai does, so she's happy in blissful ignorance. We also know this is going to end one of three ways.
1. Happily ever after with Dora and Tai running away to open a coffee house in Europe or somewhere.
2. Tai gets firsthand experience of what "issues" Dora might have (one step forward, two steps back)
3. Dora stands firm and decides to get herself sorted out, but still has to deal with Tai (ie, down like a lead balloon.....And no one mention Mythbusters for that particular idiom)

Consider what comic we're reading, you decide which is the most likely one to happen. (And yes, I would like someone else to get a happy ending, but where would the drama be?)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

I think Tai didn't mean to undermine her issues but  to put them in perspective that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has at least one personal demon/issue they have and hers could be a lot worse.

Welcome, new person!

FWIW that's the way I took it as well.

Interesting that Tai is turning to one of the most successful characters, by conventional measures of success.

Dora has some awareness of what she's doing right in her life.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened

I always like that page. 

Also, I hereby modify my opinion of what's going on here.  I think Platypodes pretty much hit the nail on the head with his/her analysis of Tai's desires, and that she's trying a more mature, responsible (no drunken makeouts) course of (in)action. 

Sometimes, an indication of desire with no resolution is even more rousing than any action could ever be! 

That blush in the last panel really does say it all! 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Damn you Jeph Jaques!!!

I hate being left hanging - especially before Friday.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Carl-E

• Awakened

Hell, the resolution's going to take a few months anyway. 

Besides, I like Amanda Lafrenais' stuff, and  I really like her take on glitchy robots. 

Of course, her server's broken now.  The curse of Jaques...

Edit: fixed the name, 'cause I'm an idjit.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2012, 07:24 by Carl-E »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Is infecting a sentient computer with malware legally considered assault?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Boxilar

• Emoticontraindication
  • I have a hat

As far as Tai telling Dora she's kicking ass and that everyone has issues, well, she's right. Out of the main cast , Dora is the most accomplished.  She has her own business, for crying out loud. As far as Tai's lifestyle/work habits, I think they need to be looked at in the context of the setting. We're talking about a Northampton where cops get high on the job. Where Air Force security personnel go through the motions of doing their jobs, even when they know those jobs are redundant. The singularity has happened, and the machines have decided they like humans and want to keep them around. That doesn't mean a certain amount of societal decay hasn't set in. If you knew the AI's could replace you in a heartbeatand had let you keep your job mainly because it gives you something to do, would you take it all that seriously? I'm betting lieutenant Potter is the exception rather than the rule.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

And again, Ian M. Banks comes to mind.

...  this whole talk of Dora being accomplished really makes me wonder how she started out in the first place. Or where she got the idea.
... I know Jeph isn't totally above flashbacks but would that be asking a bit much?

edit:
Suggestions for the poll:
  • Questionable Contenders
  • QC-ers
  • QCies (like Cuties, my favorite)
  • Questies
  • QuesCos
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2012, 00:59 by Soulsynger »
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Keep your personal life to yourself you pervert.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.

I didn't particularly think that was a smart play by Tai either, which is why I question the kinda relationship that Tai and Dora would have.  Tai cares for Dora, that much is evident.  But the whole, you're fucked up, I'm fucked up, everyone is fucked up really solves nothing.  It's like telling Marty, hey man, you're passive, and that's cool, even if it screws you over a lot.   :psyduck:

While I agree with another who said that Tai is one of the first to actively go for Dora, given Tai's tendencies and character so far as a party lesbian player of epic proportions, those too shacking up seems like a recipe for disaster should it happen.  I may be way over analyzing this, as Tai said some good things and also some really short sighted things, like panel 3.  Just covering up "issues" with "ass kicking".  I know Tai was trying to make Dora feel better, but that's a callous statement.  Obvious Dora was more than just "issues".  She has massive mental and relational blocks stemming from dating "douche bags".  So the "holding yourself to a higher standard" is the cause of her issues.  Well, not really Tai. Bah, maybe I'm over analyzing this as this appeared to be meant as a sweet stripe, but...urghgh.

Ok, here's the thing: what Tai is telling Dora is actually very beneficial, not harmful.  Like Tai said, everyone has issues - some more severe than others, sure, but everyone's got 'em,  There are those of us, like Dora, who are overwhelmed by our issues - to the point that they're all we can see.  We concentrate on everything that is negative about us, and completely ignore the positive things that we do in our lives.  Tai isn't saying "ignore your issues" - she's saying, "look at all the awesome shit that you're doing, the things you don't recognize because you're blinded by your issues, which are really only a tiny part of who you are."

I mean, Tai's right - everyone Dora knows has a dead-end job except for her (and Sven).  Her employees, while all her close friends, are not working towards anything.  Marten - same deal. Hanners - nice girl, mega issues, no job.   Tai - college job.  Dora is running her own freakin' business.  She really is kicking ass, and she doesn't realize it.

I think what Tai said was exactly what Dora needed to hear.  Moreover, it was a great move for Tai, because there is NOTHING more intriguing to an issues-blinded person than someone who can celebrate the amazing things about you that you won't let yourself see.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

Tai could have worded that better, but the sentiment was good! Like really good. I agree with the posters who are pointing out that those words are probably very good for Dora and actually complement get work on her issues.

The scene felt too much like I was watching fucking Garden State or some Kevin Smith film for some reason, which makes me initially repulsed, but I think it's a good development and for once no one went home heartbroken???

Also ugh Iain M. Banks ugh, do not want
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

Nice guest strip.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Sidhekin

• FIGHT YOU
    • LiveJournal

Hanners - nice girl, mega issues, no job.
Agreed on all other counts, but Hanners has a job.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I think she stopped doing that when she started working at Coffee of Doom...which of course is still a job, so that "no job" is still incorrect.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Are we sure she just quit? I mean she could be continuing to count stuff in her free time from CoD; it was a freelance gig after all….
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

She might take fewer jobs or none at all, it hasn't come up, I don't think.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2012, 13:35 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I don't think Hanners was working in the coffee shop yet when that comic happened. As for non-comic sources, they're fun to read, but I don't consider them canon.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

... anyway, she has a job.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Jeph had originally planned to incorporate the Formspring answers into the comic. He chose not to do that in the end, but it's an argument that they should be considered canon.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Don't know if it pays, but H. apparently still counts things for CoD. Girl can't help herself.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

I mean, Tai's right - everyone Dora knows has a dead-end job except for her (and Sven).  Her employees, while all her close friends, are not working towards anything.  Marten - same deal. Hanners - nice girl, mega issues, no job.   Tai - college job.  Dora is running her own freakin' business.  She really is kicking ass, and she doesn't realize it.

I think what Tai said was exactly what Dora needed to hear.  Moreover, it was a great move for Tai, because there is NOTHING more intriguing to an issues-blinded person than someone who can celebrate the amazing things about you that you won't let yourself see.

I think this hits mostly on what is bothering me about what Tai is saying. Its this weird idea that what you are doing professionally with your life = success. I ran my own business for 10 years. I made decent money doing it. I don't do it anymore. And I'm much happier with my life since moving away from it. I now work for someone else, I make decent money and spending all the spare time I didn't have before with my family, and doing all the hobbies I enjoyed but didn't have the time to do anymore.

Success can be measured in so many different ways, yes, Dora running her business is a success, but Tai is basically saying "Look at all these other slubs who don't know what they are doing with their lives". Is Dora happier than Faye though? Despite the fact that Faye just works in a coffee shop? I mean, I really don't know. Faye has some nice things going in her life and is really straightening out some of her issues though. She seems to be in a happy, good relationship, which is something a lot of people look for forever and never really find. She seems to be getting back to doing sculpture (though we haven't seen that in a while, nothing indicates she has stopped working on it either).

Maybe she isn't motivated professionally, but is that really the only measure of success?

Its great to notice the things you do do, and it IS impressive that she is running her own business, I just find the whole need for comparison to "how much ass she is kicking compared to everyone else she knows" is just way too focused on Professional life = everything.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2012, 15:13 by Emperor Norton »

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Infecting a sentient human being with malware has never been...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

...unless said infection is considered deadly (i.e., intentional infection w/HIV or anthrax).
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

...unless said infection is considered deadly (i.e., intentional infection w/HIV or anthrax).
A fair point, but I'd put that under attacking the hardware rather than loading damaging software.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

Success can be measured in so many different ways, yes, Dora running her business is a success, but Tai is basically saying "Look at all these other slubs who don't know what they are doing with their lives". Is Dora happier than Faye though?

This is getting a bit circular... Tai is saying she should be happier because she's successfully running a business, and you're countering that, saying she shouldn't be happy because she isn't really happy...  :?

If she isn't happy, it's not due to the business. It should be pretty obvious from her history that she gets a fair bit of happiness and satisfaction from successfully running a business. It's obvious even from a mere handful of strips ago, but it's been apparent elsewhere as well.

No, obviously it is not the only measure of success, but no-one said that it was. That was your reading. But it is undoubtedly a successful part of her life, and a part of her life that she loves; and that's no small thing. Her life is not a *complete* mess. That's the whole point.

I definitely do get the point you're making about comparing her to others as not necessarily being the way to go... but I do also think that you are imposing your own values on Dora rather than objectively assessing Dora's own values.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

A fair point, but I'd put that under attacking the hardware rather than loading damaging software.

Alternately- it'd be fairly comparable to giving someone a powerful hallucinogen without their knowledge or consent. The effects will go away in both cases, either by rebooting the AI or letting the human metabolize it, but there's a lot of danger of ongoing, unfixable damage to the underlying personality. I'm not aware of something like that ever being prosecuted, so I can't tell you how it would end up.

Hopefully AI's in this world are capable of backing up their entire sentience and memory every once in a while and do so faithfully. If a program were to fully corrupt the one functioning piece of software that is Momo as we know her, that would destroy a sentient being. If not murder, it would at least be equivalent to driving someone into an irreversible coma.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

I believe drugging someone's drink is considered assault - think date rape drugs - so...

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

We could sit here for a very long time testing the case of (say) knowingly infecting an AI with a virus against our current laws - and that's certainly what we just love to do around here - but I think that it would be fair to assert that the laws in the QC universe would have been modified such that infecting an AI with a virus would be some kind of criminal offence or at least a misdemeanor. Probably either some variety of assault or an entirely new offence. Particularly if there is any danger of permanent damage or death.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Why is Momo spilling blood out of her left eye?

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Jeph had originally planned to incorporate the Formspring answers into the comic. He chose not to do that in the end, but it's an argument that they should be considered canon.
Canon's tricky, an argument could be made either way.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

Are we reading different comics? All I see are her eyes going in two entirely different directions.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Canon's tricky, an argument could be made either way.

Especially given that the comic itself has had internal contradictions.

Re: viruses -- it seems like a safe bet that the legal system in the QC universe has not completely caught up with integrating AnthroPCs.

Isn't every heresy trial in history about punishing people for trying to infect others with what the prosecutors considered to be damaging software?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

This is getting a bit circular... Tai is saying she should be happier because she's successfully running a business, and you're countering that, saying she shouldn't be happy because she isn't really happy...  :?

I'm not saying anything about how Dora is acting. Her being happy about her business would be awesome, and she DOES seem to enjoy it. My problem was with Tai's wording. The comparison part was what I found messed up. It wasn't how she was measuring Dora's success, it was how she was measuring everyone else to the same metric.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Are we reading different comics? All I see are her eyes going in two entirely different directions.

Oh for frells sakes....last panel of the strip.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up