THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 02:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 571378 times)

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->

Midwifery is a non-elective service where client disengagement can be a real issue. If not wearing gloves helps reduce barriers to engagement then they should only be used minimally. Disengagement will escalate health risks to service providers in other ways. Blood drives are soliciting donation, midwifery is treating patients in joint pairs. A very different human  interaction

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I had a doctor in Luxembourg who did the "turn your head and cough" check on me sans gloves like it wasn't a thing. Struck me as weird, but like, Luxembourg's probably the nicest place anyone can live. I didn't ask any questions.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Today I spent most of the morning fishing faeces out of the water without gloves (no point - the water just goes in over the top and then you've got a glove full of poo-filled water) and then managed to get blood splashed all up my arms when I checked the placenta (I was wearing gloves but they don't reach to my elbows!). I remembered this conversation and laughed inside.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Mental note to self: if ever in Britain and meeting up with May, do NOT shake her hands...

(kidding... kinda.)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Haha! Don't worry, I spent most of the afternoon scrubbing up to my elbows. As mentioned before, I wash my hands a lot.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

What type of exam gloves do you wear that don't have elastic wrists? Lol
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Lines

• Awakened

And I use those exact same gloves to clean up poop, pee, blood, and vomit. Woo! (Luckily the latter two not so much.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

That's a good point actually; it's been months since I was vomited on. I'm probably about due a soaking some time in the next couple of weeks.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I looooove my job and not having kids!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Lines

• Awakened

Well, I love my job and do want kids, so WHATEVER!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

99% sure I have the flu

let's see, exhaustion, achey muscles, dizziness, zero stamina, can't think straight...

I'm not leaving my house even if it's on fire

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

And I use those exact same gloves to clean up poop, pee, blood, and vomit. Woo! (Luckily the latter two not so much.)
They're great for working on your bicycle too. Nitrile holds up well to oil and solvents.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Lines

• Awakened

They're awesome. They're also a good barrier against smell. Wrapping a smelly diaper up in them actually does a good job of keeping the smell contained. (A fancy garbage can helps, too, but one of the other rooms doesn't do this and my room definitely smells better.)

Patrick, I've been there, and I hope you feel better soon.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

Many phlebotomists I've dealt with (I've had my blood taken A FUCKING LOT) either don't have a glove on one hand, or tear the glove on one finger, so they can find a vein. Especially on me, as I am difficult to get blood from, on a good day. It's a million times worse when I'm sick, scared, whiny, in pain, and dehydrated.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

99% sure I have the flu

let's see, exhaustion, achey muscles, dizziness, zero stamina, can't think straight...

I'm not leaving my house even if it's on fire

If I were to tell you that there are $100 bills blowing around in your garden and that you could keep all you could catch, what would you do?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Get an industrial vacuum cleaner and point it outside. Duh.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I would shit on your chest

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male

borrowing from Imgur..

"How I feel applying for jobs lately..."
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

I'm sure some of you will remember that train wreck of a day I had in May when my school burned down and I had all of my valuables stolen afterwards. My incredible, amazing dad promised me he'd give me money to replace everything I lost. While I got my bag back with all of my sentimental, irreplaceable stuff still in it, my stupidly expensive MacBook Pro is still missing and will be forever, so I decided to wait until I got back to the states before I replaced it since macs are much cheaper here. Still expensive though! I know I'm ridiculously privileged and fortunate to have parents who are able and willing to give me this amount of money, and even though this isn't really money I've earned, dropping $2000 in one go friggin HURTS. Oh my god why is anything this expensive, what on earth aaaaaa

:psyduck:

...it'll be great having a computer again though!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

I'm rich!!!!
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

... er.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Grognard

yeah. well 1st world problems and all that.

1st world shitty problems vs. 3rd world shitty problems: things still be shitty and that stinks.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Happy thread or the Panic thread, so I suppose here is a compromise.

My advisor just told me he's sending me to a conference in Brazil in the beginning of October. I've been to the city we're going to before, and I loved it there. The panic part is that my visa is expired, and the consulate recommends applying three months in advance...  :psyduck:

edit -- apparently it's changed quite a bit from the last time I was there. Now the recommendation is two weeks.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2014, 18:16 by cesium133 »
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

GarandMarine

• Awakened

You couldn't just apply for a tourist visa at the airport?

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

You couldn't just apply for a tourist visa at the airport?
Nope. You have to either apply in person at the consulate, or through an agency. And either way, you have to give them your passport while they review your application. If you're approved, they put the visa sticker in your passport.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Glad I didn't have to go through that with Japan.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

Funny thing is, from what I understand, the Brazilian government doesn't actually want most of those rules in place, but they keep them because the U.S. has similar rules for Brazilians to get visas to travel here. Basically, the U.S. government is composed of dicks.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

This is news?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Funny thing is, from what I understand, the Brazilian government doesn't actually want most of those rules in place, but they keep them because the U.S. has similar rules for Brazilians to get visas to travel here. Basically, the U.S. government is composed of dicks.

Gonna get all defensive here and say that the State Department is one of the few departments that (mostly) isn't. The people in charge of making the legislation though? Yeah, definitely. Buncha profit-over-progress pricks, I hate 'em all.

Tomorrow around noon, I get to wake up to my sister's old gently used iPhone 5 knocking on my door in the hands of a UPS feller. I'm pretty fuckin jazzed. I finally don't have to worry about having too many contacts in my phone (because for fuckin serious, when you network the way I do, 250 maximum just isn't enough). I can finally install a 4-track sound recorder app on a device I'll carry on my person at all times, which will help me take any idea I have at any given time and flesh it out somewhat, completely on the fly. I'll be able to make a note of anything that inspires me. I'll be able to send dick pics to minors my family coworkers girls I'm into via Snapchat.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

You can play some of these rhythm games I'm getting addicted to with me!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Australians don't need a visa to visit Japan for up to 90 days, so I've never had to bother.

Funny thing is, from what I understand, the Brazilian government doesn't actually want most of those rules in place, but they keep them because the U.S. has similar rules for Brazilians to get visas to travel here.
This sort of tit-for-tat reciprocal arrangement is common. Australia only started to require visas for British citizens after Britain introduced visas for Australians in, I think, 1962.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I've just contacted the RSPCA about the possibility of adopting one of their cats. KITTY!

The Seldom Killer

Our sensors have noted that you have posted about kittehs without corresponding pictures. Please remedy this immediately.

Also, why would you do that? What is wrong with you? Have you no shred of decency?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

The Seldom Killer

Balance has been restore. Kitteh is awesome.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper

At a glance
Type: Cat
Breed: Cynic
Colour: Tortoiseshell and white
Ref:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I am waiting for the RSPCA person to ring and arrange a home visit, and then hopefully I will officially be able to adopt her!

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper

Can her theme song be peggy sue?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Maybe... it sounds a bit too upbeat and fast for a cat with fewer than the normal number of legs.

The Seldom Killer

Somehow the absence of a leg seems to only add to an expression that politely asks ...and who tied your fucking shoelaces for you this morning.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

You can play some of these rhythm games I'm getting addicted to with me!

oh god. I think I'll have to decline. not tryna be that guy always on his smartphone playing games. if anything I'll get one of those fretboard simulators and serenade babes at work.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

Got an email at about midnight last night from my advisor. "I forgot to include the airplane tickets in how much this is going to cost, so you'll have to apply for another thousand dollars in funding and get it by the end of the month."  :psyduck:

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Australians don't need a visa to visit Japan for up to 90 days, so I've never had to bother.

Yeah the U.S. and a few other countries have similar, awesome arrangements with Japan. So when I fly back for a month next year, no visa required! Buuuuuut when I eventually find a way to get the current master of Niten Ichi Ryu to accept me as a student I'll need to figure out what visa one applies for for long term martial arts study (student visa maybe? That'd be cool)

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Maybe... it sounds a bit too upbeat and fast for a cat with fewer than the normal number of legs.

Well, those pics have her looking pretty upbeat, and her name is certainly more perky than that of another cat I knew that had a bad encounter with a car (he was Speed-Bump, aka the bionic kitteh on account of all the metal in one of his legs).  Animals tend to adapt to such situations far better than people.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2014, 13:59 by hedgie »
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Barmymoo

• Mentat

My cat Matthew was a bionic cat, we spent about £5000 equipping him with a useable back leg after he lost an argument with a car, and then he ran off. With the £5000 of leg. Ah well.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics

We had a three-legged cat for a while. He wasn't bionic, though.

Grognard

when I 'hit' the website, this is what I got...

" ANIMAL NOT FOUND:  Sorry, but it looks like we couldn't find PEGGY. "

maybe it's me... I can't ever FIND my cats when I go looking for them, either...

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Your big mistake is thinking that a cat is "yours".  Cats belong to no one except themselves.  They may tolerate us humans, but they certainly don't need us.  Although for some odd reason, even strange cats tend to come up to me and shower me with affection.  I must have been a kitteh in a past life or something.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Lines

• Awakened

Tortie kitty!

Also humans totally belong to cats. Them letting us pet them is a reward for feeding them on time and providing them a clean place to poop. Strangers are awarded affection to make either their owners or other cats jealous.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 98   Go Up