THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 13 Jun 2024, 02:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's the afterparty! So what excitement will we find?

Innuendo about Marty and Claire all around!
- 52 (35.6%)
Faye and Angus have broken UP????
- 1 (0.7%)
Dora and TAI have broken UP?????? (Over that picture no less!)
- 1 (0.7%)
Hannelore is going off to live in Timbuktu for a year????!
- 1 (0.7%)
Marigold has a BOYFRIEND!!!!!
- 10 (6.8%)
Pintsize found Momo's old chassis!
- 10 (6.8%)
Penelope and Wil have eloped!
- 4 (2.7%)
Sven is still single!
- 5 (3.4%)
Nothing's changed. (C'mon, be realistic.)
- 24 (16.4%)
Corned Beef and Cabbage for everyone!
- 4 (2.7%)
Uh... Shamrock Shakes, maybe?
- 3 (2.1%)
What about Waffles and Space Ham?
- 5 (3.4%)
Mom woke up with some guy named "Pierre".
- 16 (11%)
Why did those two guys that rode the horse look like Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn?
- 10 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2406-2410 (18-22 March, 2013) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 159243 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

WTF is with the Steve+Cereal references? Clue me.
From Jeph's Twitter
Oh. Serves me right for leaving Twitter and Facebook whilst studying for the LSAT. Steve is eating Crunchos and pondering the universe, it seems.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

r0xx0rus

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

normally i would be mad at a comic like this by being so off topic but, the more i look at it I consider the fact that jeph might just be a genius...or just messing with us.

squeegee

• Not quite a lurker

So basically the QC fanverse thought convinced Jeph to make the plot go. slower. Really?
Bravo. I guess?

Actually, its kinda awesome, but there's a bit of Plot happening right now, so cut it the fuck out. K?

Emoroffle

• FIGHT YOU
  • Warning! Bites when asked to.

Looks like someone needs to work out more.
Super-villain in training.

squeegee

• Not quite a lurker

Bah, there was an implied smiley in that post. Here's one now.  :lol:

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

That would have been annoying if it hadn't been explained at the end of the comic.

As it was, it was merely 'meh'.

I supposed it would have been hilarious if you'd been involved in the lead-up to it somehow (e.g. been watching his twitter feed).

Oh well.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

squeegee

• Not quite a lurker

I supposed it would have been hilarious if you'd been involved in the lead-up to it somehow (e.g. been watching his twitter feed).
I wasn't, so yeah, meh. But I'll let the fans be fanserviced this once, if we get back to Plot tomorrow.

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Bravo, Jeph. Take a bow. Take a dozen bows. You are a genius. :D

HeavyP

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Woo!

Bravo Mr. Jacques, bravo you magnificent bastard :laugh:

I've been laughing at the comic for the last five minutes, its just so ridiculously absurd, its brilliant.

This.  I canNOT stop laughing - well done Lord Jephzibah!

Rusty

• Emoticontraindication

This has been the funniest one Ive seen in a while :-D

thank god he shaved- my friend who reads this is convinced I am real life steve.

westrim

I'd like to burst everyone's bubble and note that he is in fact wearing green shorts, visible in a crack between the table and the bottom of every panel.

You're welcome. Fun police, out! :police:

I like being able to use the arrow keys. Too bad Firefox disabled that functionality for switching tabs, and no other browser did so in the first place (to my knowledge), forcing me to resort to a script.

Why is his kitchen counter completely bare?
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013, 22:44 by Westrim »

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

PS: we added some functionality to the site yesterday, now you can browse the archives quickly and easily using the left and right keys on your keyboard. Try it out, it is fun!

And yet that stupid Flattr button issue while trying to access the forums still hasn't been addressed. Come on, I want to go onto the forums, not be blocked to be asked for money!!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Oh Jeph you magnificent trolling bastard
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Why is his kitchen counter completely bare?
Sequestration cut the budget for the US DOKYA, and 20 bucks an assgrab isn't bringing in as much as hoped for (or so Cosette's telling him ... )
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 05:58 by DSL »
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Or Cosette is a neat freak, countering Steve's natural bachelor tendencies towards sloth and mess?

Edit:

Can't get money from people for grabbing my ass!

Thanks Obama!

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Obama's blocking your ass-grabbing opportunities?   :?

C'mon, people - the real question here is why is Steve holding his spoon like a pencil???
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

*reads new comic*

*Has WTF face on*

*loudly exclaims "you're KIDDING me!!!" as I finish*

*Gets weird looks from family*

I mean, it's not a bad comic, is actually quite funny to pull this sort of thing on someone. But I've been really looking forward to see where Marten and Claire go, and this is horrific teasing.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 00:13 by mtmerrick »

mtmerrick

C'mon, people - the real question here is why is Steve holding his spoon like a pencil???

Dammit Carl, now I'm obsessively trying to remember how I use a spoon (not something I think I've ever thought about, really) including miming eating soup.

I gotta go to the kitchen. Brb.

XSin

• Not quite a lurker

I wanted to vote Hanners has a bf but I knew in my heart that it would be a wishful dream *sigh*

GarandMarine

• Awakened

How does everyone hold their spoons any way? I've always favored the classic saber grip myself...

Challenge of the day: Eat your favorite breakfast cereal with chop sticks instead of a spoon, no matter what grip you prefer to hold your spoon with.

ab720

• Not quite a lurker

I am always impressed with the level of detail Rabbitmonger brings to Kitchen Design. One would think he would make a template folder of sinks and cabinets, but he seriously brings the interior design. Also, cereal cat was amusing.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

I wanted to vote Hanners has a bf but I knew in my heart that it would be a wishful dream *sigh*

It's been forgotten in today's culture but there used to be such a thing as loving someone chastely. Hannelore could manage that if there's a boy somewhere who'd be OK with it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

I'm thinking the chances that Steve is wearing any clothing at all are not looking good.
He currently wears green pants of some sort. (Look under the table, it's barely discernible.)

Personally, I've seen this coming a mile away. I kinda psyche-spoilered myself.  :meh:

It's been forgotten in today's culture but there used to be such a thing as loving someone chastely. Hannelore could manage that if there's a boy somewhere who'd be OK with it.
It's not forgotten. It's just not on TV as much anymore.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

Welp, they DID ask for it. . . .
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Over the course of human history, I'd say actual chaste love would be only slightly less rare then the Dodo during the age of sail. Courtly love from Middle Ages Europe is the root of modern chaste love (imho) and the rules of the same saying that a kiss was scandalous, much less anything more then that didn't stop any body. (Your lady fair's husband's mace on the other hand...)

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet

I see we have achieved Troll Hard: Troll Harder

We love you too, Jeph.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

Oh Jephzibah, master of trolls.

mtmerrick

How does everyone hold their spoons any way? I've always favored the classic saber grip myself...

Challenge of the day: Eat your favorite breakfast cereal with chop sticks instead of a spoon, no matter what grip you prefer to hold your spoon with.

After 'eating' from an empty bowl for 5 minutes (seriously, screw you >_< my mental issues drive me insane)
I have figured out exactly how i eat with a spoon.

first image is how i typically use a large spoon. I will not call it a soup spoon because a almost never eat soup.
second image is how i typically use a small smoon. I will not call it a teaspoon because i do not drink tea.
third image is what i call "ice cream grip". Typically used to place large amounts of ookies&cream ice cream directly from the carton to my mouth.

yes, i realize this makes me completely mental. shaddup.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

After 'eating' from an empty bowl for 5 minutes (seriously, screw you >_< my mental issues drive me insane)
I have figured out exactly how i eat with a spoon.

yes, i realize this makes me completely mental. shaddup.

No more mental then any one else in here. Now have you figured out my challenge mode for the day? It's deceptively simple actually.

mtmerrick

Considering i have never, ever, EVER figured out how to properly use chopsticks (which is horrible because chinese food is my favorite food group) i respectfully decline.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART

[ ... ] The romanticizing of courtly love from Middle Ages Europe is the root of modern chaste love (imho) and the rules of the same saying that a kiss was scandalous, much less anything more then that didn't stop any body. (Your lady fair's husband's mace on the other hand...)
Kinda FTFY. Boy did they rape, inbreed and sinfully lust back then.  :-D

On the spoon challenge: Don't have chopsticks at my disposal right now. Can I use a hairdryer instead?

mtmerrick

would you? that seems like it would be immensely entertaining to watch.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper

I predict that tomorrow we will find Claire waking up with Marten passed out...hilarity ensues.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

I appreciate today's comic more after watching the forums begin to overanalyse it. (:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!

Sends a chill up my spine, this comic does. Who knows what else a man who eats Cheerio-stand-ins naked is prepared to do?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

I am so happy Jeph made good on his promise. :-D

And I like the idea that this is actually Claire's dream. :mrgreen:

LittleKing

• Emoticontraindication

I like Steve, but I kinda wish his appearance would be a little more meaningful and actually add something to the plot, he's criminally underused!  :-\

EDIT - On the other hand, just got a new avatar!  :-P
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013, 03:45 by LittleKing »

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

It's the New Age Thinker pose.

I know I do all my thinking with food.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART

[ ... ]
I know I do all my thinking with food.

There is a joke here... I'll come back later when I've found one.

Epic

• Not quite a lurker

Now is Steve eating cereal because hes to lazy to cook? Or is it easier for Jeph? Couldn't pass up a cereal box joke? Should I also have cereal for breakfast, it is easier than the alternative: grits and eggs.

Also, the new arrow key functionality is something that I would have killed for back when I first started reading QC back around strip 2100.

ChrisSayer

• Not quite a lurker

I am glad folks are such optimists here!

I see Claire waking up, wide-eyed, getting her bearings ...

... extracting herself to stand and down looking at Marten intensely ...

... then kissing his forehead or cheek gently, but with a passionate expression, eyes closed ...

... then panel four has her in the washroom, sitting up straight on the commode, with a look of determination in her eyes, and a tear on her cheek.

Or maybe they'll just wake up together and laugh.  That'd be groovy.   :-)

Bad Wolf

• Plantmonster
  • I've got fireflies where my caution should be.

PS: we added some functionality to the site yesterday, now you can browse the archives quickly and easily using the left and right keys on your keyboard. Try it out, it is fun!

Having just finished going through all 2400 comics not but a week ago, I would have KILLED for that function! Gah! If only I had stumbled upon QC just a little later.... Ahhhh, who'im I kidding, I don't regret a thing.

About the new comic, DAMN YOU JEPHZIBAH!! I couldn't help but laugh, though. Also, I don't know why, but Steve's nipples are freakin' me out. That's weird of me. I know. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

What Jeph isn't saying is that all those tens of thousands of emails were from the same spambot. It was set up by someone named "Tortura".  :lol:
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

To be honest i saw this coming simply because of Jeph's tweet yesterday funnily enough,

New Jacques Swing ‏@jephjacques
tomorrow's comic will be four panels of steve eating cereal

I thought he would be joking but then a part of me through, Yeah, he's actually gonna do this.

Edit: This was like literally an hour or two after the previous one with Marten and Claire.
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Jeph also got a suggestion that Marten and Claire be left as they are, never to be seen again, while the rest of QC focuses on "Padma's adventures in home care."

Any bets and/or riffing on the joke and/or humorless overanalysis and/or indignant disputes?
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

DrBear

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Icon being from guest comic by the Hjinks Ensue.
    • Blog about my book

This is at a "wtf did he DO???" level about equal to the South Park episode from its first year where there was a cliffhanger about who was Cartman's father, and the "reveal" show was pre-empted by a Terrance and Phillip episode.

I'm working on slashfic involving Lily from AT&T, Jan from Toyota and Jake from State Farm.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

Jeph also got a suggestion that Marten and Claire be left as they are, never to be seen again, while the rest of QC focuses on "Padma's adventures in home care."

Any bets and/or riffing on the joke and/or humorless overanalysis and/or indignant disputes?
What would be really cruel is if Jeph did "Padma's adventures in home care" for a couple days, then returned to Marten and Claire after they get back to Northampton, with no mention of what happened in between.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

Cesium that is the greatest yet most evil idea ever, Jeph would probably get death threats if that happened.
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

This is my most favourite strip in the history of ever.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up