THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 May 2024, 06:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft: Official thread  (Read 96667 times)

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
World of Warcraft: Official thread
« Reply #150 on: 26 Jan 2005, 13:48 »

Actually, even in pickup groups I have had good experiences with loot.  The way I do it is just tell the group before instancing: "Hey, right now I am looking for Leather Armor with Agility buffs, and Daggers.  If any of those drops, please do not roll for them" at which point everyone else declares what they are looking for in the instance.  If there is a specific item I am looking for in there, I will even mention that as well.  If anyone in the group disagrees to that, I either quit the group and find another, or I see if everyone else in the group is mature enough to kick that immature player out.  I have no time to waste in instances with a loot-hungry group that will dive on every sparkling corpse only to grab the only item I came to the instance for when they can't even use it.  Declaring my intent before hand has never given me any problems, and it is a good way to show the pickup group that I am a mature player and that I will respect them for items they will need as well.  It is also, as mentioned before, a really good way to weed out the immature players so you don't end up getting your drops ganked.

As far as pickup groups not being able to take larger mobs, that is why I try my best to dictate the roles of each person in the group before hand as well.  If you give a player their primary focus in the instance, and then maybe some individual task for a unique type of mob, they do their jobs much more efficiently, and don't get overwhelmed with things to do, only to end up just using their solo technique they are used to.  Giving them a clear plan like "Your pet is going to be the tank, don't worry if he isn't doing a lot of damage, just make sure he aggros as many enemies onto him as possible so we can damage them" allows them to focus their ability on holding aggro, while we all perform our roles, be it healing, damage, debuffs, or catching runners.

The best example I have of this was the plan I came up with for my group in Gnomeregan.  Anyone who has fought Thermaplug in that instance knows he is a bitch of an enemy to fight.  I gave my entire group (only 4 people) their tasks and we beat the guy time and time again without issue, when it was only 1 and a half people (me and a VoidWalker) damaging him.  Normally people would think "No way !  That would take too long and you would get smoked !" but what I did is told our hunter to just kill every one of those bombs he saw, to keep them off me and the voidwalker... with his range on his gun, and his pet across the room, he could take them all out without issue long before they got to me.  Our Paladin, instead of fighting, was dedicated to healing.  That is all he did was watch everyone's health and heal who needed it.  The Warlock only had to make sure his VoidWalker was keeping the boss's aggro and keep his demon from dying, while running around the room pushing all those buttons.  And me, the rogue, was tasked solely with doing as much damage to Thermaplugg as possible, and stunning him often enough to keep the Voidwalker alive.  I don't think anyone in our group ever got below half health, and Thermaplugg was slain every time... because everyone knew their role, and stuck strictly to it.

Much like in football, if everyone just lined up at the line and did whatever they felt they could to win that down, the game would never go anywhere since people don't have their roles, and the organized team will whip the crap out of them every time.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

Whorhay

« Reply #151 on: 26 Jan 2005, 14:00 »

Yeah making it clear why you are there is a good idea for known loot drops. And I don't mind rolling against somebody that is going to sell an item I could use that much, as I will then be rolling similarily. NBG is a good idea but unless an item is BoP everyone can make an arguement for "needing" something. One of my friends has been ninja'd several times on BoP items in instances when it was clear before hand he was only there for that item. The loot problem I have is that when a mob drops it one of the melee's almost always shift-loots it as it drops. The coin is split evenly with the group but the random vendor loot items can easily add up to more than all the coin you would get, plus since I got a character working on Tailoring cloth is very good to get. But being at ranged in order to add my best DPS I usually come out of instances with one half full bag. That and I need ore to make my bullets and few of the instanes have nodes in them let alone enough nodes to cover my needs. That translates to having to spend time specifically looking for materials and not doing more fun stuff. Ultimately though I don't know of a good way to resolve all the games issues so I am happy to leave it up to the developers to make it as fun as possible for the majority.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #152 on: 26 Jan 2005, 14:04 »

In that case, the best thing to do is turn on the option to view party loot messages, so you see everything that gets looted by members of your party... if someone picks up something you declared you needed, use party chat and say "That item is exactly what I need" and they will hand it over.

AbsolootGeek

Finally!!!
« Reply #153 on: 28 Jan 2005, 09:36 »

woooooo!!!  i finally got this damn game! (and by damn game, i mean most awesomest game ever)  i had been looking for it forever in stores with no luck, so broke down and bought it off of ebay, and it finally came in the mail yesterday.  

even as a lowly level 6 tauren shaman, the game is amazing.  just the environment itself is breathtaking.

i play on cenarion circle with my brother.  i know most of you play on different servers, but i'm sure the experiences are much the same, so i figure i'll post updates about my character, hauntu.  

here's to one of the coolest games ever!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #154 on: 29 Jan 2005, 04:15 »

hey jeph & vai,

in case you don't already know, something happened between Fynx, Tunar & Whishes.  i'm still sketchy on the details, but it had something to do with a disagreement between Whishes & Fynx.

i went on a run through the Deadmines with some guildies, so that one of them could finish the VC quest.  Steriodman was there & rolling on everything, even the Bind on Pickup shit he couldn't use.  Jett(?) was asking him why he was doing it, and he just ignored him and kept doing it.  Whishes was also there, on an alt.

after the run i told Tunar about it, and she said she'd talk to Fynx.  when i talked to Whishes, she said that the disagreement was somewhat to do with that incident.

so anyway, from the sounds of things, there was a disagreement, Whishes left, and Fynx started kicking people out of the guild so that she'd come back.  then Tunar left too & he lost it.  started saying that he was going to make a Horde character & hunt them down & grief them, etc.  sounds like a classy dude.

so anyway, Whishes & Tunar made a new guild called "Shadow's End", and i guess i'm a member of that guild now, 'cos when i logged in both Est & Timmeh were de-guilded.  if either of you find yourself in the same situation or just want to quit & join SE then talk to Whishes or Tunar, i guess.

edit: no, actually, just gimme a yell.  they just made me a guild officer, so i can invite you guys if you want, hehe.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #155 on: 29 Jan 2005, 11:02 »

Hrm, that's....interesting. I'll log on today and see what my personal situation is.

UPDATE: Yeah looks like I got kicked out too. And Vaitork, and Liain, and pretty much everybody I've played with. I'll be on this evening so give me a shout and a /ginvite if you see me.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #156 on: 29 Jan 2005, 17:04 »

yeah, i was talking to some other people who said that the Silver Blades had actually been disbanded instead of what i thought earlier about people getting kicked out.  well, he started kicking people out, but then disbanded the whole thing later anyway.  very weird, seeing as i hadn't really had any problems with Fynx.  seemed like a nice guy.

ah well.

i will be on in a little while, if any of you guys are about and haven't been reinvited already then i'll do the honours.

Whorhay

« Reply #157 on: 31 Jan 2005, 07:27 »

Guild politics are always just a PITA. Luckily my guild has really only had one troublemaker in it and while we were formulating a set of guild rules and stuff he deguilded himself and solved the problem for us.

I found a sweet place to exp grind while mining for mithril and thorium yesterday. The mine in the Blasted Lands right by the road into Swamp of Sorrows. The mobs are all NPC's in the range from 46 to 48. The majority are Miners that are basic melee's, Foremans and Engineers wander about and are a bit tougher with the engineers using guns and dynamite while the foreman are straight melee. Anyways if you are patient you can always get single pulls, atleast I was able to at level 50. The tunnels are wide enough that I just worked my way down one side of the tunnel and didn't have to fight the mobs on the other. I came out with six full stacks of mageweave, a few grey weapons, a couple green items, and several gold in coin.

I also found a couple Imperfect Draenethyst crystals and one flawless one. There is a NPC in the zone that will give you a container of "junk" for each crystal you give him. I turned in my flawless one and got a box with a Cow King's Hide and some green bracer. I think there is a limit to how often you can turn in crystals to him though because after that the NPC would talk to me but not give me the option to turn in more crystals even though his dialogue appeared to encourage you to go get more of them for him.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #158 on: 31 Jan 2005, 10:35 »

Luckily everyone in my guild knows eachother in real life, so the politics are kept to a minimum... we are all Officers, we all play together all the time, and we have fun with it.  The only time there was ever bickering was from one of the guys in the guild's 15 year-old kid who promptly quit the guild of his own accord.

nothingwitty

« Reply #159 on: 31 Jan 2005, 13:35 »

Does anyone know a good mod like CT Pethealth that isn't CT Pethealth?  Someone else out there must have done something like this that doesn't suck, right?

Whorhay

« Reply #160 on: 31 Jan 2005, 13:57 »

All I know UI wise for WoW is Cosmos, sorry.

I am starting to really wish that blizzard would ship copies of the most popular interfaces with WoW because I get tired of explaing to people over and over again where something is when it'd be so much easier to just send them a mapnote /sigh

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #161 on: 31 Jan 2005, 20:03 »

oh god, yes.

a guildy asked where something was the other day.  i was like "you got Cosmos?".   they did, so i sent them a map note, and they were all like "oh, oh god wow, how do you do that?".

that shit was actually one of the reasons why i got Cosmos.  (well, to make map notes for myself, mostly, not to send to others).

Goat

« Reply #162 on: 31 Jan 2005, 20:10 »

I play on the Dethescus PvP server. I'm level 23 Troll Shaman. I'll post some pics of me and my guild raping up some Alliance later on. I've got 163 leatherworking and 159 skinning.

Death to all Night Elves.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #163 on: 01 Feb 2005, 10:34 »

To anyone, like Jeph, who doesn't have time to do instances... there is one instance I have done that you simply HAVE to set aside a day to do with a good group !

Uldaman

The end of that instance renewed the "Holy crap this is AWESOME !" feeling I had the day I got the game.  You know the one ;)

Seriously.  Do NOT skip that instance, and do NOT wait till you are too uber for it and just mow the end guy.  The challenge of that guy makes it all the more enjoyable !

You will also have to get all the Uldaman quests, because in doing those, you will kill the guys who will drop the "Shattered Necklace" which is your whole reason for going to the end guy in Uldaman.  If you do anything in this game, you must do that instance before you go higher than about Lvl 45.  So bad ass !  (I may even post some screenies from when I did it, I will just have to be sure not to include the spoilers :) )

Whorhay

« Reply #164 on: 01 Feb 2005, 11:28 »

Hehe that end guy was a pretty fun encounter the one time I tired it. We almost beat the end guy but someone made a mistake and let the healer die. I ended up feigning death and when I got up the boss would chase me all over the chamber but wouldn't attack me and he constantly evaded if i tried hitting him. Maybe I'll go back and help a group through just to see it beat sometime.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #165 on: 01 Feb 2005, 11:48 »

I may be getting burned out on WoW. Haven't really played for a couple days since I hit 40...engh. I dunno. Maybe I just need a change of scenery, SV and the Scarlet Monastary get kinda bland after a while. We'll see if I feel like playing tonight.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

paleollama

« Reply #166 on: 01 Feb 2005, 16:43 »

Same thing happened to me when I got to 40.  I got my mount and suddenly had no real desire to play my rogue.  So I started a new character from a different starting area and with a different playstyle and it was fun again.  Moving out of Stranglethorn and into the Badlands was good too.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #167 on: 02 Feb 2005, 09:05 »

SV got really old for me... I think I still have half the quests down there un-finished.  I abandoned them after playing that zone for MUCH too long.  Just too many quests in that place, you get burned out on it.  It's to the point I dislike SV so much, that even this homing robot quest I have to turn in to some guy in Booty Bay, I still have it in my log as completed.  I just don't want to go back there.

And if there is anything I have learned about this game, if you ever fall into a routine, just re-make your talent build, and move on to the next level zone and it is like a whole new game :)

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #168 on: 02 Feb 2005, 09:12 »

Also, now that you are 40, you can do PvP Raids :)

Me and 4 guys from my guild last night decided to pester Tarren Mill beating up the Lvl 50 Guards there, and some NPCs from that town decided to try to kill us while we were recovering from a guard fight, which led to use murdering those players because we are way more organized, which led to them calling in their Level 60 friends, which led to us calling in another guild with a ton of Lvl 60s, and so forth.  By the end of it the field outside Tarren Mill was littered with skeletons, rotting corpses, and sparkling bodies from the guards of that town.

PvP action keeps the game WAY interesting at high levels !

I didn't even get 2000xp for the entire night, but the fun was worth it.  When you can no longer predict the moves of your enemy, because they are no longer programs, it gets your blood pumping a lot more :)

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #169 on: 03 Feb 2005, 11:08 »

Played for a little bit in the Badlands last night and re-specced my Rogue into 50% Assassination and 50% Subtlety. We'll see how it goes tonight, maybe.

I don't think I'll ever have enough cash for a mount, but whatever. I don't mind walkin'.

Keiron

« Reply #170 on: 04 Feb 2005, 17:38 »

This is my first post, I created this account basically for this thread.  

My main character is Keiron, a 41 Night Elf Hunter on the Mannoroth(PvP) server.  I have a 13 rogue on this server as well, and I'm planning to start a mage soon.  

I actually got my mount at 41, and I started saving at 35 or 36.  I basically impoverished myself to do it, though, and my gear needs replacing soon.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #171 on: 04 Feb 2005, 21:55 »

just started today

level 7 gnomish mage on dalaran
Decahedron is the name

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #172 on: 04 Feb 2005, 22:59 »

gnome mages 4 lyfe!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/est_xplosif/est_thru_world.jpg">http://photobucket.com/albums/v371/est_xplosif/th_est_thru_world.jpg">

my alt rogue as a young 'un, learning the wrong and right way to dual-wield:

and then as a smooth and swarthy swashbuckler:

ps: Timmeh is the angriest little man ever.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #173 on: 06 Feb 2005, 01:36 »

he is well aware of the fishy nature of that particular clobbering instrument, yes.

it's not actually a weapon.  you can, for some reason, just hold it in your hand.

Proto

« Reply #174 on: 09 Feb 2005, 01:03 »

Quote from: est
he is well aware of the fishy nature of that particular clobbering instrument, yes.

it's not actually a weapon.  you can, for some reason, just hold it in your hand.

Well, what better way to display that prize catch!

I just finished Uldaman today on my main Earthen Ring character, which was well worth the effort. And it got him 45, which I can't argue with.

AbsolootGeek

« Reply #175 on: 09 Feb 2005, 13:28 »

So my shaman just hit level 20 last night.  And let me tell you, Ghost Wolf kicks ass.  I can run the width of the Barrens in less than 5 minutes.

I'm having a tremendous time playing the game, and I do so pretty much every chance I get.  Most of the time I'm soloing, just building levels so I can group with my brother (who is upper 20s).  But the most fun I've had so far is when I finished Ragefire Chasm the other day.  My group consisted of myself, an orc hunter, a troll priest, and two undead rogues.  Oddly enough, I ended up as the tank for the most part.  We only died once, when the hunter decided to shoot a couple troggs from the top of a cliff, and ended up pulling about 15 of them to us.  Otherwise, we tore the place up.  The boss lasted about 30-40 seconds.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #176 on: 09 Feb 2005, 19:25 »

i partnered with Jeph sometime last week, despite him having something like 10 levels on me.  he hadn't completed an old quest, and i had only just gotten it, so we joined up & murderised the orcs at the Angerfang encampment in the Wetlands.  he did most of the killing, i was pretty much just crowd control, throwing in a volley of magic missiles here & there.

was fun!

zzyzx

« Reply #177 on: 09 Feb 2005, 21:57 »

Ugh! 30's suck! I have a 31 rogue on Kil'Jaeden...I'm like utterly stuck...I pretty much have a perma-blue bar, but I'm in no mood to grind. Any suggestions?

Whorhay

« Reply #178 on: 10 Feb 2005, 05:36 »

Try doing some of the quests in Thousand Needles at the Shimmering Flats, if you are Horde you can also do the quests up at freewind outpost. Desolace might also be good for you though I don't know if there is anything ot do there as an alliance toon.

AbsolootGeek

« Reply #179 on: 10 Feb 2005, 14:44 »

Here's a question for everyone.  How many quests do you usually keep in your log?  Few?  Full?  When I started, I tried to keep the number of active quests in my log to a minimum, 'cause I didn't want to get overwhelmed.  But now I'm level 21, and I have close to a full quest log - 14 or 15 quests.  I guess I just keep saying to myself, "I might as well pick up this quest while I'm here..."  It's kind of overwhelming, but I don't really want to abandon any quests either.  So how does everyone else manage their quests?

Whorhay

« Reply #180 on: 11 Feb 2005, 04:40 »

I usually have a very full quest log. In fact I frequently have to drop quests when I go to do an instance and get all the shared quests. I grab a lot of quests just to see what they are. If they are elites or too far above me I drop em and try to remember them for later.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #181 on: 17 Feb 2005, 19:39 »

Well, trying out RP servers (Cenarius Circle, Vaitork, Undead Warlock lvl 13 i think) i realized just how BURNED i am of using my Druid.. I can't take him anymore unless they pump him up somehow.. I dunno, make it interesting again.. The sad part about it is that the part i should like the most about druids (shapeshifting) is the part i pay less attention to.. My talent tree is mixed between Balance & Restoration simply to make my druid NOT to suck.. Sad sad :(

BUT

I am SOOOOOO finding the warlock an interesting piece :D it's just amazing! Being a warlock forces you to think a damn lot, and act quickly in the middle of battles, strategies, etc.. and i didn't have that as a druid.. Besides, trying the Forsaken story just gets me into such a different way to see the game, and I remember how it was at the beginning :D yay!

I'll get back to my druid eventually.. The guild disbanding also kinda ruined it for me, and Whishes isn't getting online as much as before so.. Better to start over..

OH OH, and the guild I joined is SOOO damn cool (Les Chants de Maldoror). If anyone feels the hype for roleplaying, I really recommend it.. It's the most idiot-free server I've played in..

Aaaaand im done :)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #182 on: 17 Feb 2005, 22:29 »

i think that that's one thing that made me pause, too.  it seemed like the original guild was cool.  for the leader to have a spaz like that kinda made me stop and think that if that could happen then just about any guild i got into could self-destruct in a similar fashion.

Whorhay

« Reply #183 on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:33 »

Guild polotics = bleh. The guild I am in isn't a very active guild I guess but I like it, and most of the people if a bit newbish are easy enough to get along with. One of my RL friends wants me to join with his raiding guild but I honestly don't have much interest in the raid content. EQ pretty much ruined the idea of raid content for me. I might get into it at some future point but for now I just want to enjoy the solo and small group play of the game, guild channel is just another means of finding people to do such.

utmost.anon

« Reply #184 on: 18 Feb 2005, 22:39 »

I beta'd WoW...

I figured if I wanted to do quests with not much real incentive for grouping, I'd just buy a console game.

I really gotta find an MMORPG to play....

/me sighs

Been through Asheron's Call, AC2, Saga of Ryzom, Anarchy Online, WoW, Conquer... probably more.. hell I beta'd or did the free trial of almost everything out right now..

Why oh why isn't there something that catches my interest... sigh...

Proto

« Reply #185 on: 21 Feb 2005, 02:06 »

Perhaps MMOs just aren't the genre for you?

I'm not so wrapped up in guild politics, though I think leaders who frivolously disband are too proud, too self-centred, or both. As I started to play Horde more and more frequently and neglect my Alliance character more and more (who happened to be a guildmaster), I simply relinquished my title to the officer who had been doing my job for me. That way I can play Horde and not feel guilty, while the guild I started continues to grow.

Coincidentally, if anyone has any Earthen Ring characters and is looking for a quality roleplaying guild, both of mine are excellent: The Knights Of Medivh allianceside and the Ragefury Legion hordeside.

RaideR

« Reply #186 on: 23 Feb 2005, 11:29 »

I have to wait untill they re-release World of Warcraft in The Netherlands, they were sold out in about a week. :(

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #187 on: 23 Feb 2005, 16:59 »

Quote from: utmost.anon
I figured if I wanted to do quests with not much real incentive for grouping, I'd just buy a console game.

there's plenty of incentive for grouping.  some quests, especially the elite ones almost require grouping.  instances pretty much require grouping also, and that's where most of the good gear is.

you seem to dismiss it out of hand based on one portion of it's content, rather than the entirety of it.  i appreciate the single-player questing because more often than not i don't have time to find a group.  even when i do try to find a group, a lot of the time the people i find are either hapless newbs or asshole powergamers (or hapless newb assholes who believe that they are powergamers) and this tends to make me shy away from grouping more often than not.

if i couldn't solo so well in WoW, i wouldn't be playing it.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #188 on: 23 Feb 2005, 19:23 »

A GUN

(ps: what server you on, dawg?)

cliffkik

« Reply #189 on: 24 Feb 2005, 10:18 »

I just got the game, I think I'm going to be a priest.  What server should I join?

Goat

« Reply #190 on: 25 Feb 2005, 15:10 »

After a hard instance it's always nice to go fishing...naked.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #191 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:21 »

57 Paladin on Elune
300mining 270armorsmithing

warriors can use guns.
also israel

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #192 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:47 »

I've got a level 25 night elf hunter.  I probably could have managed to gain another level tonight, but I opted not to.  Wasn't in the mood.  I just realized how unlucky I am with equipment and looting.  I basically never pick up good equipment.  So I end up going to the auction house and going broke trying to keep my equipment up to speed for my level.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #193 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:49 »

You should be able to get all the equipment you need from instances. just search thottbot for bind-on-pickup blues & who drops them.
also israel

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #194 on: 02 Mar 2005, 22:17 »

my lvl 23 rogue hit 240 engineering yesterday :D  (financed by my mage's money, of course)

now i have to wait until i hit 35 to do the artisan thing.  fuckl.

Whorhay

« Reply #195 on: 03 Mar 2005, 06:43 »

Hehe my 42 mage hit 300 tailoring yesterday on lunch. His enchanting is at 225 and isn't going anywhere until I get bored enough to suffer through Uldaman to get to the master trainer there. I wanna get some of the cooler enchants like Demonslaying and Fiery. A Mooncloth bag pattern would be cool too, but for now I want to collect all the ghostweave patterns I can to make mana regen equipment.

My 55 hunter just got his schematic for the Thorium Shells. Now he just needs one more point in engineering ot be able to use it and then I gotta start collecting the stuff to make em.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #196 on: 03 Mar 2005, 18:53 »

<3 tradeskills.

also: apparently i am like, the 3rd-best equipped lvl 23 rogue running Cosmos (on total stats), and i'm on top on AC.

i guess, though, that that is completely misleading, as my stats seem to be bulked up by a heavy spirit boost.  i have no idea why, as i am constantly looking for STR/AGI/STA equipment.  also, the two dudes above me have a fair bit of stat boost from enchantments, which i have none of.  hmm, maybe it's something that i should be looking into.

next on my "to-do" list is a Deadmines run in order to kill Van Cleef & get the Tunic of Westfall, as well as (hopefully) picking up the cloak he drops. :D

edit: funny thing - when you change the search to include other levels (say, 22 for example) you get a few profiles that are wiggedy-wack.  ie: they say they are level 22 rogues, but they are wielding weapons that you need to be lvl 53 to wield, etc.  very strange.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
« Reply #197 on: 03 Mar 2005, 21:20 »

my rogue is kinda boring..........lvl 42 NE rogue on Skullcrusher
so i made a warrior. a gnome warrior. a female gnome warrior.
named frank
lol shes a fun character......lvl 20 right now.....just did deadmines and finished up loch modan/westfall.
good times
i think pintsize should play WoW.
I'd rather be skiing.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #198 on: 04 Mar 2005, 18:16 »

i have finished off most of the Westfall quests (just have VC left to do), most of the Loch Modan quests (3 left), and a fair few of the Redridge quests (have Orc Champions & a couple more to do still).

i have a feeling that i'm going to go back to Loch Modan & finish those green quests off before they turn grey, then maybe venture into the Wetlands for a bit to do some of the lower-level quests in there before returning to to the rest of the Redridge quests once they are green.

melee characters seem to churn through green stuff a lot quicker than mages.  with my mage it seemed better to do quests when they were 1-2 levels higher, or even to me, because even the difference between killing green stuff and even stuff didn't appear to be all that great.  it's interesting to me to learn the differences between the play styles :)

but yeah, so i'll go through Loch Modan, first part of Wetlands, then Redridge, then the rest of the Wetlands.  i am not quite sure where to head after that.  by my calculations i should probably be nearing level 30 at that point.  anyone have any times for where a level 30 Alliance rogue should be hunting?

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #199 on: 04 Mar 2005, 18:24 »

the damage spells do is roughly the same in a level range, but you miss a lot less vs. lower level mobs. if I hit the monsters as much as they hit me, I would tear through anything, especially with my 2h sword of doom with Seal of Command (1000 crit)

also: got to 58 last night, gonna do some full BRD runs/raids & Stratholme and Scholomance raids. mebbe when I hit 60 I'll do some BRS raids.
also israel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up