THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 12 Jun 2024, 13:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do we have left to look forward to?

Gloomy Tai at the library
- 33 (43.4%)
Dora trying to make up with her GF
- 14 (18.4%)
Hannelore seeking vengeance on Juicy
- 8 (10.5%)
Marigold seeking medical aid
- 2 (2.6%)
Pintsize having an existential crisis
- 11 (14.5%)
Faye learning that 'creepy' is a state of mind
- 8 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: 10 Mar 2015, 08:40

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2912 to 2916 (9-13 March 2015)  (Read 88724 times)

ASB84

Re: WCDT 2912 to 2916 (9-13 March 2015)
« Reply #500 on: 13 Mar 2015, 04:05 »

One could argue that Dora could/should apologise for her tone or the manner in which she fired Faye, which she could have done more gently. However, she was rightly angry, and Faye has far more to apologise for, having broken the rules, and in doing so, Dora's trust.

Dora's issues are well-documented, and Faye's going through a rough time. However, it's time for people to stand up to Faye, to call her on her BS, and for her to take responsibility for her actions and the way she treats people. For a long time, everyone's had to tip-toe around her, being careful to never say the wrong thing and upset her, while she gets away with being abrasive and treating people however she pleases. She's the one who messed up; even if it's a symptom of problems that we can sympathise with, she brought the situation upon herself. She really should be the first one to say sorry.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #501 on: 13 Mar 2015, 04:17 »

I don't think that Dora needs to apologise for anything. I actually don't think Faye is looking for an apology. What I'm saying is that Faye is in a place, mentally and emotionally, where she might be contemplating completely cutting her ties with her CoD circle because she wants to move on and sees it as part of the unhealthy past that led her to her hospitalisation. Whether or not this is justified, reasonable or even rational, it's quite possible that this is what is going through her mind.

If Dora wants to maintain her links with Faye, she is going to have to be proactive. She is going to have to visit her, reach out to her and make it clear that she still wants them to be friends. Otherwise, Faye will just drift away.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ASB84

« Reply #502 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:12 »

True, but then, friendship is a two way street. It depends on whether Faye still wants to be her friend, and to that end, she needs to make some effort as well.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #503 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:23 »

Faye cutting her ties and going somewhere else after a near fatal accident and possible suicide attempt is also something that she has done before. That's how she wound up in Northampton after all.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #504 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:24 »

I'm not sure what kind of equipment Faye uses. Could be gas (volatiles) or electric (voltage).
It looks like both. The box underneath looks like an electric rig, but that's plainly a gas-bottle on top. And then there are welding techniques that do use electric-arc and gas together; TIG for example.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #505 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:28 »

MIG also uses shield gases, so...

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #506 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:58 »

I'm not a huge fan of the "sigh" bubble, just as I don't really like the "huggin' it out" or "relationship status: optimistic" things. Otherwise, though, I really like this comic. I like the perspective in the first panel, I like the storytelling from Faye's perspective (especially because it implies that Dora was either tactful or miserable enough to leave the scene), I like the last shot of Faye leaving because it's so sad, and yet full of optimistic possibility at the same time.

I see different methods from Jeph now, ever since the Faye-hospital-POV strip. The comic just feels different. To be honest, up until two days ago I felt it was getting a bit stilted, but now I'm back to loving the story-telling and the artwork in general, I just don't like the "captions" part of it. I feel like if Jeph had drawn that "sigh" panel slightly differently, we wouldn't need the caption. That being said, I'm no-one to talk because I can't even draw a stick-figure properly, and QC is the only webcomic I check every day.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #507 on: 13 Mar 2015, 06:33 »

I agree, that the captioning was pretty unnecessary. Honestly, it feels like he's taking a lot of stylistic cues from manga lately. There's an obscene amount of captioning present in a lot of those. The sigh bubble is also extremely common. I'm just waiting for the angry X to start popping up on people's foreheads when they get pissed off.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #508 on: 13 Mar 2015, 06:44 »

I haven't read any manga, but I'm happy to know I'm not alone in my dislike of the captioning. Is the angry X in manga a stylised frown, or has it become more of a shortcut to show that a character is angry? Or both? (Edited because managa isn't a thing).

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #509 on: 13 Mar 2015, 06:46 »

Righthand side of the head. It's pretty much shorthand for the character being angry - thus how you can tell that even though a character may be smiling, they're covering up seething rage simmering just beneath the surface.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #510 on: 13 Mar 2015, 06:57 »

Jeph's been taking cues from anime/manga art styles for a very long time, though...

Radium_Coyote

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #511 on: 13 Mar 2015, 06:58 »

I think Neko has it.  Faye HAS done this before.  "Screw you guys, I'm leaving."  And here she is now, adrift with no anchor, no boyfriend, no husband, no dogs, no cats, no robots...  truly ready to go anywhere in the world.

That is a very lonely place to be, and few of us stay in it willingly.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #512 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:07 »

Omega Entity, thank you, bur colour me stupid - I can't see the angry X, I just see an angry/determined character. Should I start reading manga? (I'm open to it depending on how expensive it is.)

ETA: Oh good grief I just saw what you're referring to - the red cross on the hair - so in Manga that's a symbol for anger?

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #513 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:10 »

Jeph's been taking cues from anime/manga art styles for a very long time, though...

Yes, but it seems to be becoming more and more obvious, as time goes on.

Omega Entity, thank you, bur colour me stupid - I can't see the angry X, I just see an angry/determined character. Should I start reading manga? (I'm open to it depending on how expensive it is.)

It's that red mark on the right side of the image (in the hair), above his eye.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #514 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:14 »

She isn't completely cutting everyone out though, so maybe she's learning. She's still staying with Marten, and friends with Hanners. And to be honest, she didn't have much of anyone else. Dale and Marigold she knows, but I wouldn't say she's friends with. She hung out with them at work, and because of Angus, respectively. They're certainly not close friends. She had more of an adversarial relationship with the rest CoD staff. Claire, Tai and Emily are really Marten's friends from work. She just never had that big of a social circle.. Marten and Dora has pretty much been it for most of the comic. Realistically I could see her maybe moving on and trying to start over somewhere else again. And probably continue to make the same mistakes she made in Northampton. For comic purposes I doubt she'll do that though. And it would be better for her in the long run. She is going to go to the support group, so that's an actual start to healing. If she can get a job that she can't just coast through and be snarky to people all day that would be an improvement. So would going back to her doctor. I could see her sliding back into her old ways, quite easily, but that doesn't seem the direction Jeph is taking the story right now.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #515 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:16 »

Omega Entity, see my reply about two above with the edit, I was being ridiculously unobservant. Sorry, I posted the edit before I saw your explanation.

ETA Again: I did see the red cross, and have since realised I was being a bit rude expecting you to scroll through replies. Sorry about that, and should I start reading manga, or will it suck me into a terrible hole?
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2015, 07:28 by SeaWoodStage »

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #516 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:25 »

No worries. I'm terrible about edits. I always think of something after I've hit post, and then find myself scrabbling to edit before anyone sees the post, lol.

Edit: And Omega is fine for me. Or Dani. Take your pick :-p

Radium_Coyote

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #517 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:29 »

I dunno.  I doubt Faye's gonna benefit from a "support group" any more than I did.  The principle proposition, upon which everything else hinges, is that you give a rat's fart about the opinions of a bunch of strangers who don't know you and don't understand your problems.  That did not make it past one night, with me.  But court orders are court orders.

I'm a bigger man than to call those fools complicit in my torture, but I certainly did not GAIN anything from the experience.  And Faye seems very much in the same headspace I was, upon a time.  She doesn't need a support group. She needs a mentor.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #518 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:48 »

The fact that it is a no-creeps support group (ain't fiction grand?) might make it actually worthwhile.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #519 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:53 »

If you go into a group with a negative opinion, then all you are going to get out of it is a negative experience. The whole idea of a support group is that you are surrounded by people who do in fact understand your problem. Because they have been through the same sort of things. Being forced into these sorts of things by court orders rarely works though, because the first thing you need is to want to be there.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #520 on: 13 Mar 2015, 07:58 »

No worries. I'm terrible about edits. I always think of something after I've hit post, and then find myself scrabbling to edit before anyone sees the post, lol.

I think I missed something here, possibly a reference to Alpha - Omega. I always feel I'm punching above my weight on this forum, hence my reluctance to post. Wait, do you mean it's ok to call you Dani? I identify as a geek, wish I was brainy enough to be a nerd, and thought I'd left my dork days behind me. ETA: Oh I am the most awkward being to ever exist. I swear I'm an actually quite normal person, and my husband is telling me right now that I should stop leaving awkward comments all over the place.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #521 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:29 »

I think I missed something here, possibly a reference to Alpha - Omega. I always feel I'm punching above my weight on this forum, hence my reluctance to post. Wait, do you mean it's ok to call you Dani? I identify as a geek, wish I was brainy enough to be a nerd, and thought I'd left my dork days behind me. ETA: Oh I am the most awkward being to ever exist. I swear I'm an actually quite normal person, and my husband is telling me right now that I should stop leaving awkward comments all over the place.

*pats SeaWood on the shoulder* There there, no need to be reluctant. Someone probably already melted your lug-wrench so here, take a welcome to the asylum tiara, sit down, relax and some people will be along shortly to chant 'one of us.'

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #522 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:34 »

I mean, it's fine to call me either. My full handle is more of a pain in the ass to type. And no worries on the awkwardness! I'm the epitome of awkwardness, both here and IRL. I returned here after a 2ish-year hiatus, and I'm sure everyone's ready for me to go climb back into the hole from whence I came because of my dumbass posts.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #523 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:45 »

Just wanted to add that my call for next week is Faye at the support group, possibly mixed with some fall-out - maybe Dora visiting Marten to pour our her heart to him or something similar. Jeph wouldn't have posted such an emotionally striking strip as he had today if he didn't want there to be fall-out amongst the characters.

Future Plot I'd Like to See
It's a long weekend and Marten invites Claire to stay over for those three nights and four days. Will Faye be able to handle it? Will Pintsize be able to handle it?
~~~~

dexeron

• Obscure cultural reference
    • My Twitter
« Reply #524 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:53 »

Is it completely inappropriate that I want this to be the song playing in the background as Faye walks out of Coffee of Doom?

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #525 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:56 »

Just wanted to add that my call for next week is Faye at the support group, possibly mixed with some fall-out - maybe Dora visiting Marten to pour our her heart to him or something similar. Jeph wouldn't have posted such an emotionally striking strip as he had today if he didn't want there to be fall-out amongst the characters.

I think that's a good call. I'm not so sure it'll be Marten that Dora opens up to, seeing as just Wednesday, she was promising to Tai she'd talk more, but it seems likely it's going to happen. Support group's the more immediate arc, though, I think
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #526 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:57 »

I'm sure everyone's ready for me to go climb back into the hole from whence I came because of my dumbass posts.

I like your posts, let's be friends. Do you wanna build a snowman?

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #527 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:03 »

I'm sure everyone's ready for me to go climb back into the hole from whence I came because of my dumbass posts.

I like your posts, let's be friends. Do you wanna build a snowman?

Go away, Anna  :grumpypuss:

Seriously, though. The snow's melting :psyduck:

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #528 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:07 »

Okay bye.  :-(

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #529 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:13 »

Aw, now I feel bad   :psyduck:

I was joking, just to clarify   :-P

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #530 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:14 »

Oi, with all the Frozen references? Come on, already, that movie came out like a year and a half ago! Let it go!
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #531 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:16 »

I think Neko has it.  Faye HAS done this before.  "Screw you guys, I'm leaving."  And here she is now, adrift with no anchor, no boyfriend, no husband, no dogs, no cats, no robots...  truly ready to go anywhere in the world.

She has Marten, and that's enough.

I've been rereading the strip again from the beginning for like the third time.  While it's nothing romantic any longer, the love between Marten and Faye remains the core of the comic.  It's a bond deeper than any of the couples actively boning in the strip.  They trust one another, and accept each other for what they are - even though they both of course want to see the other overcome their issues. 

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #532 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:34 »

Okay, at last I get it! I know why Veronica thought that Claire was 'Clarice'!

http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/cast.php

Second row, first column - Clarice - Domme librarian (Clearly an ex-colleague with a coincidental similarity of appearance to Claire :wink: )

Jeph was even a fan of GWS so it makes sense that he'd want to slip in an Easter Egg or two!
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2015, 09:45 by BenRG »
~~~~

TheEvilDog

« Reply #533 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:52 »

And now GWS has ended.

Anyway, I'm looking at today's comic and all I can hear is Pearl Jam's Off He Goes.

dilbert719

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #534 on: 13 Mar 2015, 10:12 »

And now GWS has ended.

Anyway, I'm looking at today's comic and all I can hear is Pearl Jam's Off He Goes.

What I got at the end of that was the ending theme from the Incredible Hulk TV show.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #535 on: 13 Mar 2015, 10:42 »

And now GWS has ended.

What I got at the end of that was the ending theme from the Incredible Hulk TV show.

Oh, come on, dude, that's been posted twice already since today's comic went up. I feel like you're just messing with my head.

Edit: mentioned once, posted once in unrelated instances by different people
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #536 on: 13 Mar 2015, 11:03 »

Did someone just say "The only way they'd be friends is if Dora broke into tears sobbing begging/FAYE/ for forgiveness"

What?  :psyduck:

"Oh Oh great and PURE Faye! I am so sorry I fired you for coming to work where you are an assistant manager, and in charge of dealing with customers  DRUNK After you both lied to me about being drunk then snuck in the back to avoid working to drink more! PLEASE forgive me for my crimes!  :cry:"

I have only one thing to say to that...

:grumpypuss:

Somehow I don't think that was the intended meaning.  Think before you snark.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

dilbert719

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #537 on: 13 Mar 2015, 11:28 »

Oh, come on, dude, that's been posted twice already since today's comic went up. I feel like you're just messing with my head.

Edit: mentioned once, posted once in unrelated instances by different people

Less "messing with your head, " more "only read the last page, because I didn't have time to go back and see if anyone else posted it." Either way, my bad.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #538 on: 13 Mar 2015, 12:12 »

My, Friday's strip seems kind of… final.

I'm sure it's not The End, but comics have ended before on shots like those. Okay, maybe not of an ass like Faye's, but, well, you get the picture.

I just hope no-one is, you know, licking panel 4, or something…

Especially 'or something.'

(Hey, I could've posted the closing segment of The Incredible Hulk again. Daaa dA da daaaaa… )

GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

rfrank dodelijk

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #539 on: 13 Mar 2015, 12:22 »

It's a long weekend and Marten invites Claire to stay over for those three nights and four days. Will Faye be able to handle it? Will Pintsize be able to handle it?

no, benrg, bloody hell no. three nights and four days? how long would that take in the comic? i'd have to take a break from reading, there is no way I could stand that much claire.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #540 on: 13 Mar 2015, 12:32 »

(Hey, I could've posted the closing segment of The Incredible Hulk again. Daaa dA da daaaaa… )

At this point, I'd have just laughed my ass off. I can appreciate a good bit when I know it's a bit
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #541 on: 13 Mar 2015, 12:35 »

no, benrg, bloody hell no. three nights and four days? how long would that take in the comic? i'd have to take a break from reading, there is no way I could stand that much claire.

You know, your near-hysterical dislike of Claire, initially funny in a sad way, is just becoming tiresome.
~~~~

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #542 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:02 »

Joking about shrubbery aside, I really don't see CoD vanishing from the strip. Or Dora.

CoD was a home to Faye. So that one thing the symbolic non-symbolic strip is conveying. CoD was where Marten went to find his two best friends. That over now, but I really doubt Marten's going to stop going there, all other things considered.

In universe, however, it's no longer his social hub. Out of universe, from a writing perspective, it is no longer the easy way for Jeph to connect the three most major characters in the strip. It seems likely that this is the end of CoD's central place in the comic. But it's still the place where Marten's threads bunch most thickly, so I expect we'll be dropping in again.

cabbagehut

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #543 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:22 »

On the topic of apologies, one can apologize without actually having done anything "wrong" or "bad".  In those cases, it's an, "I'm sorry that my actions hurt you," sort of thing that can smooth over hurt feelings.  Like, if your phone dies and you miss a text message from a friend, you might say something like, "I'm sorry that I missed your message," to acknowledge that the person might have been upset that it seemed that you were ignoring them or that they were inconvenienced.  I do this often.  It's not because I think I've screwed up so badly that everyone hates me or anything, but because acknowledging other people's feelings (even if I'm justified) helps keep friendships together and helps us see each other's points of view.

I think that's more of the apology style that might smooth things over between Faye and Dora.  Whether or not that's a meaningful thing to either of them, I'm not sure.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #544 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:25 »

Alternatively to CoD fading into the background, it could remain a focus at times with the return of some loved but missed characters - Raven in particular, but also Penny and the near-mythical Sara.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #545 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:36 »

You know, your near-hysterical dislike of Claire, initially funny in a sad way, is just becoming tiresome.

Claire's almost as bad as puppies and warm sunny days!

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #546 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:39 »

puppies and warm sunny days!

And I have not had enough of either of those things lately.

But spring is coming. Brace yourselves.  :wow:
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #547 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:41 »

Welcome, new person!

Happy milestone, 1000-post persons!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

plusorminus

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #549 on: 13 Mar 2015, 13:47 »

On the topic of apologies, one can apologize without actually having done anything "wrong" or "bad".  In those cases, it's an, "I'm sorry that my actions hurt you," sort of thing that can smooth over hurt feelings.  Like, if your phone dies and you miss a text message from a friend, you might say something like, "I'm sorry that I missed your message," to acknowledge that the person might have been upset that it seemed that you were ignoring them or that they were inconvenienced.  I do this often.  It's not because I think I've screwed up so badly that everyone hates me or anything, but because acknowledging other people's feelings (even if I'm justified) helps keep friendships together and helps us see each other's points of view.

I think that's more of the apology style that might smooth things over between Faye and Dora.  Whether or not that's a meaningful thing to either of them, I'm not sure.

I think it would be meaningful to Dora, but not necessarily to Faye. I think your premise is more or less what Dora was thinking when she sought Marten out after her date with Jim. She was not sorry for ending the relationship, but she was sorry that her actions had hurt him and made him feel ostracized from the CoD group. The thing is, Marten has a personality that is receptive to that, coupled with his own in-comic expressed relief (to Veronica) that his relationship with Dora was over. He was happy to accept Dora's olive branch because they had been friends before they got together, he liked CoD, Faye was there, and he didn't necessarily want Dora and himself to go through life hating each other much like with the girlfriend he moved from California to Northampton to be with.

Faye is much different. Whether she just has an "average" life making widgets somewhere, getting old, possibly marrying someone and having a family or becomes the Annie Leibowitz of the metal sculpting word, part of her (and this is definitely just an opinion here) will always resent Dora for taking this step. When Dora told Tai that her continued friendship with Faye was "up to her," that was Dora displaying a sort of insight I don't think she gets much credit for. Because of Faye's background, she is very quick to read situations as people abandoning her or being disloyal. I suspect the meltdown of the Angus relationship was not necessarily because he got the job but because he went for it in the first place. Yes, she encouraged him, but I really feel that deep down, Faye resented that Angus would take any step that may lead to her being out of her comfort zone, even if it proves to work in her favor down the road. I think we are seeing this with her feelings toward Dora. Faye might privately, or even to Marten and/or Hannelore, some time down the road express that getting canned from CoD was the best thing to happen to her, but I don't think she will ever completely forgive Dora just as Dora couldn't completely quiet her suspicions that Marten wasn't over Faye.

I do think that the Faye/Dora friendship is moribund. They may say hello and even hang out every now and again at selected events (possibly at Claire and Marten's engagement party or Steve and Cossette's, whichever comes first), but I think just as the last Angus strip, which also ended with Faye being in an empty CoD, indicated the severing forever of that relationship, we have seen the end of Faye and Dora as buddies.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up