Comic Discussion > ALICE GROVE

Alice Grove MCDLT - April 2017

(1/31) > >>

brasca:
I thought the Praeses popped the bubble ship, but it would seem that Gavia reacquiring her abilities may be something they didn't anticipate... or not.  The trees may be so many steps ahead they knew Ardent would upgrade an ancient space ship and the ipad someone left behind would upgrade into nanotech. 

It's great to see her restored to her former glory, but I wonder if this journey may have shaken her faith in her leaders.   

BenRG:
I'm guessing that we're going to see all the interested parties in this story reveal themselves in short order and I suspect Alice and her companions will shortly find themselves struggling to survive as the gods fall out amongst themselves.

BTW - Jeph has recently said on Twitter that Alice Grove is 'close to the end than to the beginning'. From this, I'm getting the feeling that we're heading into the final arc of the plot and we'll soon be able to make a definitive judgement as to our view of the full story.

OldGoat:
Since Alice, Sedna, and Church can are modified or evolved to survive in space, they presumably have some way of moving about there, too.

BenRG:
Being tough enough to survive hard vacuum for a prolonged period does not mean 'space-ready'.

Gavia, on the other hand, almost certainly will be able to move by using the levitate power of the nanobots like a thruster. Of course, it is unlikely that she'll know how to EVA in freefall so she might need Sedna (who we now know used to be a combat astronaut) to explain things to her somehow.

brasca:

--- Quote from: OldGoat on 01 Apr 2017, 12:52 ---Since Alice, Sedna, and Church can are modified or evolved to survive in space, they presumably have some way of moving about there, too.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps, but the only way they can propel themselves in the vacuum of space is if they have something to push off of or an unseen ability to emit something.  Without that even someone as strong as Church will just flail around futilely until he's drawn into the gravity of a larger object.  Hopefully, Gavia's regained power hasn't made her stupid because if she goes on the offensive and Church captures her he'll have the equivalency of a sentient rocket pack he can use to push himself and Pate to the surface of the space habitat. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version