Comic Discussion > QUESTIONABLE CONTENT

WCDT strips 4276 to 4280 (1st to 5th June 2020)

<< < (23/23)

the silent firefly:

--- Quote from: BenRG on 04 Jun 2020, 00:02 ---I posted this before but the thing is that Faye has never really had a chance to properly mourn her father. She had a total mental breakdown after seeing him killing himself and was hospitalised after a suicide attempt not to long afterwards. She then lapsed into alcoholism and had been 'self-medicating' ever since. She's never been in the position where she was able to process everything that happened to her.

Now she's been dry for a while and is in a situation where she feels relatively safe (with Bubbles and with her social connection firm thanks to her friendships), I think that it is all going to start pouring out of her in various ways and in various times. Mostly unexpectedly, like today.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: awkwardness on 04 Jun 2020, 22:43 ---I disagree regarding her not getting the chance to properly mourn. She did, and she moved on in her own way years later. However, it's the accepting that things might have been different and maybe it's best that they not have changed that she's just now accepting. To me, those are completely different things and are not mutually exclusive. She missed him and wanted things to change as a lot of people want, but she realizes it's best to accept that she can't change the past and has a good present with her friends and Bubbles.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Is it cold in here? on 04 Jun 2020, 23:10 ---The scene at the graveside looked like closure, but her problems persisted and got dangerously worse afterward.

--- End quote ---

i think it is the difference between forgiving him for what he did and forgiving herself for how she has felt about it and dealt with it.

(sorry to interrupt the BttF lovefest, i guess that's the weekend)

Is it cold in here?:
I think that could be a key insight. Also, if I haven't said it already, welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version