Fun Stuff > BAND

Imagine if Skynyrd didn't play Freebird at a show...

(1/5) > >>

kikanjuuneko:
...It happened to me last night. Well, not at a Skynyrd show.

But I went and saw The Blood Brothers, and they didn't play Ambulance vs. Ambulance.

Don't you hate it when things like that happen? You go to a show, and you wait the entire show for a song, and they don't play it?

Inlander:
Depends how good the rest of the show was, and whether they played other songs I liked.  Not to sound like a snob, but it's highly unlikely that I'd go to see a band based purely on my enjoyment of a single song.

Although it was nice that Will Oldham played most of my favourite songs of his when I saw him last year - though his live versions are so different from the recordings that it's a bit of a moot point.

kikanjuuneko:
Well, I suppose you're right, but I'm just a little disappointed over not getting to hear my favorite song, I suppose.

The rest of the show was excellent though, and quite hilarious, considering there was a strange man wearing a Shrek mask throughout the show, people were randomly grabbing Jordan Blilie's ass ("Dude, what the hell was that?") and that one guy who kept yelling "USA Nails" throughout the entire set until Johnny Whitney just went like "GODDAMMIT!"

El Opium:
I saw Xiu Xiu and was sorta dissapointed when they didn't play 'I Love the Valley,oh' but didn't make a point of it with myself. People's favorite songs are often the ones artists are sick of playing. Also you shouldn't expect a band to play too many old songs when they are touring behind a newer album.

catflea:
Its like placebo didn't play nancy boy at their gigs for a long time.  The gigs weren't any the worse for it (in my exp. anyhow)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version