THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot Hot Heat  (Read 10581 times)

Sionide

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Check out the AnthroPC Handbook
    • sionide.net
Hot Hot Heat
« on: 14 Apr 2005, 07:03 »

Anyone like Hot Hot Heat?? I just heard "Goodnight Goodnight" on the radio, loved it. Anyone recommend any other good tracks/albums of theirs??

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2005, 07:47 »

Never heard any of their stuff - but that's an awful, awful name for a band.

californaya

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2005, 07:55 »

I love Make Up The Breakdown, which is the only album I have/have heard from them. I like the new single, and I'll get the CD (one way or another) this weekend.

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2005, 08:08 »

I really like them, the only problem I have with them is that the album version of Bandages is a different mix than the single. I can't stand it when bands do that.
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

californaya

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2005, 08:11 »

^Ditto.

Great, now I'm going to be listening to Make Up The Breakdown all day...

Again...

Unosuke

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2005, 08:14 »

Island of the Honest Man is a really good song, its off their new album
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

TheoristB

• Larger than most fish
    • http://www.ohnonarecords.com
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2005, 09:12 »

I am not to fond of the new album.  It isn't bad, but it is also just kinda blah.  Makup the Break down is good and so is the EP before that.  I don't remember the name.  Oh well.
You Smarmy Bastard.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2005, 11:41 »

I like Make Up the Breakdown but heard what I imagine is one of their newer  songs on one of the EA sports video games and it was nowhere near my cup of tea.

Tinjessla

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2005, 13:07 »

Make up the Breakdown is great (it will forever be one of my 'albums for the summer' records). Plus, when i saw them live, t'was an awesomely energetic show. I heard a snippet of thier new song but not enough to pass judgement (as in i can't remember how it went :s ) But i'll probably end up buying the new album anyways.

Psiogen

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2005, 01:53 »

I heard a few tracks from their debut. They seemed like a pretty talented example of the current crop of XTC-esque post-punksters. Wasn't inspired enough to pick it up, though.

madamelau

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2005, 04:41 »

I loved Make Up The Breakdown but I really don't think the new single is anywhere near the level theyre capable of. I'm hoping the rest of the record is a better reflection of their skills...

OtterErotic

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:29 »

Yeah, I do not like the new album nearly as much as Make Up The Breakdown.  There was a b-side on the "Bandages" single called "Move On" that was SO good.... maybe I'll post it somewhere.. hmm.....

mooface

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #12 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:59 »

I love Hot Hot Heat lots :)

Patatat

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2005, 17:10 »

Quote from: happybirthdaygelatin
I like Make Up the Breakdown but heard what I imagine is one of their newer  songs on one of the EA sports video games and it was nowhere near my cup of tea.

That is a very stupid reason to dislike a song.

You're losing so many respek points now.

Patatat

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2005, 17:30 »

Eh, bugger off I haven't slept in the past day. I misread it, big deal. I just thought he was saying he didn't like it because it was in the game.

24_hour_revenge_therapy

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2005, 18:25 »

i like hot hot heat alot, though i haven't had a chance to hear their new stuff.  makeup the breakdown is one of my favorite albums, though.

and pat, chill.  noones yelling at you.  he was just pointing out a mistake you made, thats all.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #16 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:25 »

From what I hears, Elevator is "Less than stupendous." Which is unfortunate.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Patatat

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #17 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:32 »

Once again...

No smokes, Lack of Sleep, Lack of Coffee, and eternity of lack of sex. Makes Patatat kind of jumpy, I apologize. I have now gotten all that I need, besides sex. That manages to elude me. Alot.

24_hour_revenge_therapy

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #18 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:42 »

haha.  yeah.  i guess that would make anyone cranky.  well, glad your back to normal.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2005, 20:07 »

HOT HOT HEAT IS THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION PEOPLE

I mean uh, yeah, sucks that you didn't get sleep. Good thing you're into normalcy again and such.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

emor

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2005, 22:47 »

I heard their new song and was all "hey I listened to Make Up the Breakdown like two and a half years ago, I don't need to go around doing it all over again" and went back to listening to the Milk of Human Kindness.

Druid

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #21 on: 21 Apr 2005, 02:52 »

The new single sounds like the Strokes, and him singing the chorus is grating.

Jeridus

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2005, 21:13 »

Can't talk about Hot Hot Heat albums/singles without mentioning No Not Now... I think that's the song that got me liking it... and yeah, Goodnight Goodnight is wicked good fun.. but yeah, def. get No Not Now, by whatever means necessary ;)

normz

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2005, 22:43 »

Talk to me, dance with me and Naked in the City Again are 2 of my fave hot hot heat songs ever, It's like the music me and my best mate put on when were ready to go to town, the sort of music you dance around to whilst drinking cocktails and getting ready YAY! I am intrigued by the talk of a NEW hot hot heat cd, must go visit my local HMV hottie to get a hold of this ASAP.........

I Am Not Amused

• http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2005, 10:21 »

I like the new album a lot, actually. Sure, it's more 'standard' pop/rock than their first disc, but they do it really well. Yes, it's very much the same in tone and pace as their first disc, but there are enough differences for me to make it enjoyable.

Also, "Goodnight, Goodnight" is a terrific song, I listen to it hellsalot. The chorus slays, I tell you! SLAYS>
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

spizzletrunk

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2005, 15:46 »

Quote from: Inlander
Never heard any of their stuff - but that's an awful, awful name for a band.

Agreed about the band name bit.  I'm not too fond of them.  They don't suck terribly but nor did they succeed in impressing me.  Though I should probably listen to more before I form an opinion.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2005, 15:52 »

i agree about the band name too... not liking it very much. i loved make up the breakdown though, and i'll buy the new one if i ever have money again. eeeeeeee i'm seeing them live next monday. i'm jazzed. ^_^
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Inky

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2005, 04:09 »

their latest single is ok, I still prefer bandages though

kilconey

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kilconey/
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2005, 06:02 »

their songs annoy me when i just listen to them on the radio.  but they're SUPER fun to dance to, which is always a plus.
say something funny.  like sloppy joe.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2005, 06:46 »

The new album really hasn't grown on me - there are a few good tracks, but it's too jumpy for my inherently miserable tastes...
I couldn't really engage with it. I'd still see them live or dance to them in a club, mind.

heretic

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2005, 07:23 »

i like them a lot, oh goddamnit is currently playing here. my roommates hate them, which only fuels the fire. i like how they express cacophony and euphony simultaneously in a really ear-tasty blend.

BusterKeaton

You are my only girl
« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2005, 19:52 »

Hmm i dunno ive been a hot hot heat fan since way back but mainly because i spent a healthy chunk of my life living in vancouver so i saw alot of there shows, Im not enamored with there new album like i thought would be but i did add the album to my racks and it does get modest play. I have alot of hazy but really fond memories of them playing shows in victoria and downtown vancouver and there live show is a hotter than a race riot, I mean seeing a 110 pound lead singer do a handstand on a keyboard will always make me smile.

Maui

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #32 on: 26 May 2005, 19:55 »

I think theyre a great band, and i agree with whoever said it was a terrible name for a band. Who comes up with this stuff, geesh lol. But their new album is pretty good i think, its a good one to just put in your car and cruise around to during the summer.

eeah

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #33 on: 26 May 2005, 23:52 »

I really loved the band at one point..

So much that I made a Y! group for them. They sort of faded out for me after a while though, and I keep forgetting about the Y! group.. (which has over 200 members now..heh..)  I haven't had the chance to listen to the new album.  That's probably something I should track down pretty soon.

I liked most of  "Make up Break Down".  My favorite songs include : Talk To Me, Dance With Me, and Oh God Damnit.

Here's a link to the Y! group for those interested... ...
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/hot_hot_heat/

PS.. I seriously haven't done anything with this group in a long time, and I feel bad about it.  I gave a girl Mod status and she completely took off with it...
Good for her.

I should probably post on there some time....

zekterellium

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #34 on: 27 May 2005, 01:50 »

saw them not so long ago! love love love that band. get in or get out is my favourite song because of the fucking keyboard. it's awesome.

Bizud

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #35 on: 27 May 2005, 06:52 »

This year's hot trend is mediocre follow-ups to excellent albums, and Elevator is no exception.  The aforementioned Milk of Human Kindness is also in this category.

Elevator is playing right now, actually, because my girlfriend left it in the disc changer.  Not bad or anything, but I probably pressed the skip button halfway through five of the last eight songs.

Jeridus

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #36 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:39 »

I actually like Elevator... but then, I'm Canadian, and as such, probably biased toward liking them (it's fun to listen to! jeez)

Coonstar

Hot Hot Heat
« Reply #37 on: 02 Jun 2005, 01:01 »

I saw tem live two or so months ago. They had good energy and everything but I really just didn't "get" the new material.

First album = RULE
Second album = eh
Pages: [1]   Go Up