THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 11 Jun 2024, 17:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spoke to Dominic Masters a few days ago  (Read 6368 times)

The Mighty Mopdecai

Spoke to Dominic Masters a few days ago
« on: 08 May 2005, 13:16 »

Right I spoke Dominic Masters a few days ago on my brothers and mine radio show for all of you who doesn't know who he is. He is the lead singer of The Others http://www.letskilltheothers.org/gallery.php

It was rather bizarre I found his number (its on the CD sleeve) and he answered it. I asked him for an interview and he gave one right one right there.

I was amazed how polite he was about it. I interuppted their rehersals yet he was still did an interview just like that. Nice guy this guy is there for his fans but then again he has won an award for his guerilla gigging and having a close relationship with his fans. Anyway I'm going to try to put a link up for anyone who is interested in this interview

mikemike

« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2005, 13:44 »

The number's [removed this -est], apparently, if anyone wants to congratulate/hurl abuse at him. I can't stand this guy's music but he's an interesting bloke so I'm looking forward to reading your interview :)

The Mighty Mopdecai

Its not in writing
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2005, 13:46 »

No no no. I just phoned him up on air and he did the interview through my mobile phone I didn't wnat to leave his number on I thought it would be rude. If i can't get it on the internet somewhere I will leave a printed version of it

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2005, 06:24 »

Haha...I spoke to him after his gig down here a while back, and the guitairist (the one who looks like Jo Brand) was literally collaring people on the way out trying to give his phone number out, he then came to the club with us and sulked at the lack of groupie attention.
What was even better was that he had to pay and me and my mate got in for free..*blagging queen*

I feel quite sorry for that band, as they seem so desperate for attention, literally, between every song they were pleading with the audience to buy their album...

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2005, 08:18 »

Quote from: muffy
the guitairist (the one who looks like Jo Brand)

I thought he was just dying to be Robert Smith, but then again Robert Smith and Jo Brand looked near identical in the 80s.

muffy

« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2005, 14:31 »

We mocked him when the cure came on in the club (he was being a real knob by this point) but he was adamant that it wasn't Robert Smith he was aping and that many, many bands had that look....but he has the puffiness of Jo Brand, so we went with that :)

The Mighty Mopdecai

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2005, 14:30 »

You are horrible you two any way having trouble seeting this interview up on the web will post it when i get it.

muffy

« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2005, 14:50 »

bah... I don't mean to be such an insufferable snob, it's just my nature - but  I'm having therapy for it ;)
But seriously, I will read the interview when you get it up.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2005, 15:50 »

Hey! I love Robert Smith!! If anything that's a complement - all I was pointing out that he and Jo Brand shared hair and makeup styles in the 80s. She grew out of it he didn't. I still love him! I know nothing about the guy from The Others other than he looks very similar to Robert Smith.
Pages: [1]   Go Up