THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Jun 2024, 05:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The DS won E3  (Read 15345 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« on: 22 May 2005, 19:37 »

Talk about your 360s and PS3s and Revolutions all you want, the DS stole the show and no one even knows about it.

Check out these games:

Super Mario Bros - The first new 2D/2.5D Mario platformer in a decade.
Animal Crossing - A new, online sequel to the GameCube sim game.
Viewtiful Joe - Duh.
Advance Wars - A dual screened sequel, taking to the sky and ground.
Sonic Rush - A new 2.5D Sonic platformer.
Trace Memory - Previously known as Another, an actual point-and-click adventure game. A lost genre reborn!
Meteos - A DS puzzle game from the people that brought you Lumines
Nintendogs - The most adorable game in the history of the universe
Electroplankton - Some bizarre music game from Nintendo
Black & White - A port of the original PC game
Pac N Roll - An addictive new Pac-Man game combining the original Pac-Man with Super Monkey Ball mechanics
Mario and Luigi 2 - The sequel to the hilarious and fun GBA RPG
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - The American debut of a successful Japanese lawyer game series
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings - Once again, the PC game comes to DS
A Boy and His Blob - YES! Either a remake or new game from the classic NES adventure game.
Metroid Pinball - Um. Samus. In a pinball machine.
Metroid Hunters - The full version of the FPS demo that comes with the DS.
Lost in Blue - An adventure game that puts yous tranded on a desert island trying to survive and escape.
Kirby Canvas Curse - An innovative new Kirby platformer utilizing the touch screen
Trauma Center Under The Knife - A complex and engaging surgery sim
Mario Kart - An online version of the Nintendo classic series.
Nanostray - A new 2.5 space shooter
Polarium - A genius puzzle design where you have to flip all tiles to one color with as few stylus strokes as possible
Castlevania - A new DS game along the same vein as Symphony fo the Night and Aria of Sorrow
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

c1utch

The DS won E3
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2005, 21:24 »

See, now if those games had come out on a functional platform, they would have stolen the show while people noticed.

Also, what is 2.5D?  2D is x and y coordinates, or a plane over time, such as television or games, while 3D is x y and z coordinates which is depth in addition to those two.  I understand things can appear 3D if you add proper proportioning and give the image if depth, is this what you mean by 2.5D?  because, yea thats just 2D.

*edit* added 2D thing, sorry Ozy, you prolly missed it below

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2005, 21:25 »

Most of those games can't come out for any other platform. Too brilliant.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Hostile

The DS won E3
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2005, 23:35 »

Quote from: Ozymandias
Most of those games can't come out for any other platform. Too brilliant.

Well, yeah. For starters they all include at least SOME touch-screen interaction.

2.5D is 3D models in a 2D setting. Like the new Super Mario Bros, now that I mention it.

I'm sure Black & White is going to rock, Nintendogs is a must-get, Advance Wars will be awesome and finally... Metroid Hunters. *yoink*

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2005, 00:24 »

2.5D is 2D, yes, but it's the term given to a 2D game with full 3D and even some 3D movement. See Klonoa 2 for a good example.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Kjammer

The DS won E3
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2005, 01:01 »

A large list of Nintendo DS titles that I am drooling over.

That is why I got the DS as opposed to the expensive and redundant PSP.  You wouldn't find these games on anything else (except for the ported ones).

tehpie

The DS won E3
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2005, 09:03 »

Past games that were 2.5D that I can think of.

Kirby and the Crystal Shards (N64)
Yoshi's Story (N64)

anyone else feel free to add to the list.

c1utch

The DS won E3
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2005, 15:54 »

so its a game that you can say move foward and backward and not just side to side?

Like, Super Mario Bros vs. Halo or somthing?

hmm, alright, weird though "2.5D" interesting

Jamoky

The DS won E3
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2005, 20:06 »

no, its a game is 3d but you can only move side to side.

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
The DS won E3
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2005, 10:51 »

castlevania symphony of the night was 2.5D

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2005, 13:09 »

Huh... that's really interesting.

*grabs his PSP and starts playing all the good games that are available NOW*

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2005, 17:43 »

You mean Lumines and...uh...Lumines?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Super Dave

The DS won E3
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2005, 17:49 »

Quote from: Sideways
Huh... that's really interesting.

*grabs his PSP and starts playing all the good games that are available NOW*

Way to tell it like it is.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2005, 17:59 »

Huh, wha... sorry... busy playing THUG2, Rengoku, Wipeout, Mercury and smartbomb.

But uh... yeah... umm... what you said.

*goes back to playing PSP*

Tartar Martyr

Re: The DS won E3
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2005, 21:17 »

Super Mario Bros - The first new 2D/2.5D Mario platformer in a decade.
Advance Wars - A dual screened sequel, taking to the sky and ground.

These three games alone are going to steal an ungondly amount of my time come fall.

Mario Kart online is a dream come true.  From what I have heard this version will include all of the tracks from the SNES and N64 as well as a handful of new ones... it should be awesome.

besmircher

The DS won E3
« Reply #15 on: 01 Jun 2005, 02:41 »

Huh, wha... sorry... busy playing THUG2, Rengoku, Wipeout, Mercury and smartbomb.

But uh... yeah... umm... what you said.

*goes back to playing PSP*

THUG2 is a console game in portable form. Unless you travel a lot, there's no reason to justify buying a game that is a little worse than its console iteration when it's also over $20 more expensive than the console version. It's a great conversion of the game--it's amazing how little it lost. But then again, I think that the complaints about Mario 64 for the DS are also valid--and that was a pretty great port, as well. (I am fortunate now to never have owned a Nintendo 64. I would like a "second" helping of so many games for that system that it's not even funny, but I do understand that people who have played those games before will have good reasons for the lack of interest they'll likely show.)

Rengoku is pretty pedestrian. Wipeout is a great game. I haven't played Mercury or Smartbomb, but you're the first person I've seen that seems to like them much at all (which isn't to say that they must therefore suck).

Anyway, I love my PSP thanks to Lumines and Hot Shots Golf. The complaint I made about THUG might apply to my purchase of Hot Shots Golf as well (I just rented it from Gamefly and liked it so much that I used their "keep it" option), but I don't think that makes the argument invalid. Hypocrites still make good points from time to time. My beef with the PSP is that most of the upper-echelon games for it seem to be racers. It's not a genre that I play a lot usually, anyway, so surfeited is the word that describes how I feel about them. Sadly, it seems that the PSP dry spell is upon us, and that that problem won't be remedied any time soon (thanks for Midnight Club, Gran Turismo, GTA, and--oh, that one game that focuses on intense fights in the midst of high-speed chases, guys, and yes, the glut of UMD movies coming out that I wouldn't even want to watch for free on DVD makes me feel a bit better about it).

And the DS did have the strongest E3 of any console in terms of actual announcements. But in terms of hype, well, there was Sony, with their pretty rendered videos, and creative number crunching for the PS3.

Sorry, I'm soapboxing, I know. I get like this when it's late. So I'm off to fix the situation.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #16 on: 01 Jun 2005, 10:05 »

I just can't get very excited about the DS.  I have one, and I have a few decent games for it, but it just feels so gimmicky in my hands.  I've yet to play a game that really makes proper use out of that touch screen... so far it's been game after game where the 'touch' is a pleasant addition, and hardly integral to the gameplay at all.  I find that to be a failing of the system... but I will say; I have not played all the games for it, so there are probably titles out there that make excellent use of the touchscreen.

The PSP is something I could get excited about, and did, and still am!  I love that I carry around a current-generation-console, in my pocket.  The thing is just so damned powerful and versatile.  On the way to work I can swap from playing Lumines, Hotshots Golf, THUG2, Wipeout, to watching an episode of Smallville that I downloaded the night before, or I can listen to the new Beck album on it.  As a game system it excels, and as a portable mutlimedia device, it excels.

Nintendo needed a strong DS presence at E3.  They need to reinforce their system, they need to maintain interest.  The PSP came out, and was simply accepted.  Sony doesn't NEED to hype it, because so many people are already comfortably on the bandwagon... whereas DS owners have had a bumpy ride so far.

So to say that the DS won the show is a lot like saying John Smith stole the PGA tour from Tiger Woods... but really, Tiger Woods was more interested in chilling out at the bar, having a few drinks, joking around with the rich guys... he's so comfortable, that he doesn't even make the effort.

Bizarre, and strained analogy, I know... but that's all I can come up with until I get more coffee in me.

[/soapbox]

californaya

The DS won E3
« Reply #17 on: 01 Jun 2005, 12:30 »

I think Kirby: Canvas Curse is the DS's killer app. It truly utilizes the stylus in ways few other games (WarioWare Touched, Pac-Pix) truly do.

I'm a Sony whore, and I always will be. I haven't been able to afford a PSP yet, and I probably won't be able to afford the PS3 when it comes out, but I still plan on getting them both.

I do agree that the DS stole the show, game-wise, with New Super Mario Bros. and Nintendogs. I do agree that Sony needs to start putting out PSP games that weren't already on a Sony console at some point (where the hell is Death Jr.?). We'll see what happens in the coming year.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: The DS won E3
« Reply #18 on: 01 Jun 2005, 15:35 »

Animal Crossing - A new, online sequel to the GameCube sim game.
Trace Memory - Previously known as Another, an actual point-and-click adventure game. A lost genre reborn!
Nintendogs - The most adorable game in the history of the universe
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - The American debut of a successful Japanese lawyer game series
Metroid Hunters - The full version of the FPS demo that comes with the DS.
Lost in Blue - An adventure game that puts yous tranded on a desert island trying to survive and escape.
Kirby Canvas Curse - An innovative new Kirby platformer utilizing the touch screen

Frankly? I find that if the games are good enough then I'm willing to wait. Lumines is nice and all, but come on - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is a game I've played in my dreams. Lumines my ass, I want to frantically tap gesture buttons and badger witnesses! Let's see you do THAT on your portable sony-box.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
The DS won E3
« Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2005, 20:17 »

I would almost respect the PSP as a game system, but Sony is just too stupid.
My stepbro got a PSP today, brand new even came with the spiderman 2 movie. But Sony left something out of his box. There was no power cord. He had the av converter but no ac plug. Lucky for him that his ps2 one works for it.
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #20 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:39 »

No charger, and his PS2 one worked on it... I own a PSP, and I'm totally calling shenanigans on you.  The PS2 power chord would not fit into the PSP, first of all.

While I've never heard of a single unit being shipped sans AC Adaptor, I've no choice but to buy into that one, and say "Oh well... bring it back to the store."

Not that big of a deal.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The DS won E3
« Reply #21 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:24 »

Holy crap I don't know how I missed this.  Awesome.  

That wasn't a very good analogy with Tiger Woods and what not.  He may be hobnobbing it up with the rich and I guess that is all well and good but it might also explain why he didn't win and why Vejay Singh is number one.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #22 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:28 »

Yeah, poor analogy.

I can't think of a decent analogy for it.

Plain and simple; the DS stole the show because nintendo was hyping it more than anything else was being hyped.  They are pushing it because of it's rocky start, and relatively uncertain future.  I know they've made announcements since, but not too long ago they were debating about whether it would be a gaming system first and PDA second, or vice-versa... or maybe just go with the online functions... they basically had no clue what to do with their own system, and this confusion came at a time when games for the system were scarce, and future titles seemed lacklustre.

I know a lot of people were worried that this would be another 'Virtual Boy'.

Turns out that it will be a competitive handheld... I just don't think it will ever overtake the PSP.

Time will tell on that one though.

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
The DS won E3
« Reply #23 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:29 »

When I said PS2 power chord, I meant the one that comes with the new PStwo. You know, the smaller, sexyier one.
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #24 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:32 »

Ahh, then I recall my previous statement of 'shenanigans'.

However, I have to ask - yet again - why your bro doesn't just go back to the store, and say "Hey, no AC Adaptor, bitches... hook me up with a new PSP!" ?

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The DS won E3
« Reply #25 on: 02 Jun 2005, 16:23 »

Yeah, poor analogy.

I can't think of a decent analogy for it.

I know a lot of people were worried that this would be another 'Virtual Boy'.

Turns out that it will be a competitive handheld... I just don't think it will ever overtake the PSP.

Time will tell on that one though.

Man, I am glad this is a relatively civil forum.  I was wondering if that came off sounding cross at all, it was early.  All of that took me an hour and a little bit more of time to post.  I had to really look up that golf stuff to, make sure I wasn't misremembering stuff from soaking in Sportscenter while doing other stuff.

Good points though.  I think competition in the handheld market is a good thing, make sure things don't stagnate from Nintendo having a strangle hold on the market.  I want a PSP but I'm going to (try) and hold off for the price to hopefully drop sometime soon.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« Reply #26 on: 02 Jun 2005, 22:04 »

The DS is still outselling the PSP in Japan.

Actually, a survey by Famitsu showed that Japanese gamers are more excited about the Revolution than the PS3. Japan seems to be getting tired of Sony now.

And with good reason:

Confirmed list of Rev games so far:

Animal Crossing Revolution    Nintendo    2007
   Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Revolution    Square Enix    TBA
   Kid Icarus Revolution    TBA    TBA
   Killing Day    TBA    2006
   King Kong    Ubisoft France    2006
   Legend of Zelda Revolution    Nintendo    2007
   Mario Revolution    Nintendo    2006
   Metroid Prime 3    Retro Studios    TBA
   Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest    Eurocom    2006
   Super Smash Bros. Revolution    Nintendo    TBA
   The Darkness    Starbreeze AB    TBA
   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4    Ubisoft Montreal    2006

That's not a mirage! Kid Icarus Revolution! Yeah, baby! Yeah!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

nihilist

The DS won E3
« Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2005, 07:32 »

I fail to get excited about Nintendo products.  Or portable gaming systems.  Hell, I just fail to get excited in general.  Unless you were to provide me with a huge cluster or something, that'd make me stir a bit.

Johnny C

• Mentat
The DS won E3
« Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2005, 16:43 »

Kid Icarus Revolution    TBA    TBA
   Super Smash Bros. Revolution    Nintendo    TBA

Oh good God, none of you has any reason NOT to own this system.

Digs

The DS won E3
« Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2005, 19:34 »

Quote from: Symp
When I said PS2 power chord, I meant the one that comes with the new PStwo. You know, the smaller, sexyier one.

Power chord?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
The DS won E3
« Reply #30 on: 04 Jun 2005, 00:03 »

Quote from: Awkward Silence
Wait, I thought you were the guy that loved the PSP so much you put it in your pants...

Yes. Yes I am. I find both of them painfully dull now, though. Lumines and Mercury are the only original games on the PSP. Everything else is ports. The DS seems to have a lot more to be excited about.

Also, Smash Bros. Revolution will be online out of the box, since the Rev will be wireless online out of the box.. That was confirmed at E3.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
The DS won E3
« Reply #31 on: 04 Jun 2005, 09:40 »

You all have missed the point (except for Johnny). The man said Kid Icarus. KID ICARUS, PEOPLE! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Johnny C

• Mentat
The DS won E3
« Reply #32 on: 04 Jun 2005, 13:25 »

That fuckin' eggplant guy rendered in graphics so realistic, they'll make your face bleed.

Yeah, I'm a little excited.

patch

The DS won E3
« Reply #33 on: 05 Jun 2005, 02:53 »

isnt kid icarus the guy from the mediocre to poor gameboy game?
thts insane!

its like when they resurected harvey birdman and made him an attourney at law instead of a failed super dude

ForteBass

The DS won E3
« Reply #34 on: 05 Jun 2005, 05:23 »

Why you uncultured...
I must now show a whole lot of restraint by not slapping you upside that whole skull area.
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
The DS won E3
« Reply #35 on: 05 Jun 2005, 06:20 »

I wasn't old enough to play kid Icarus on the NES, so I'm looking forward to the revolution. That way I can play both the new one, and if they keep up to their word the old one. Finally, a system for those who never played Crono Trigger.

Those DS games look pants wettingly awesome, and I can't wait to get them.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Johnny C

• Mentat
The DS won E3
« Reply #36 on: 05 Jun 2005, 13:34 »

Quote from: patch
tomfoolery

You take that back RIGHT NOW, young man.

Digs

The DS won E3
« Reply #37 on: 06 Jun 2005, 07:54 »

I'd like to join in for the chance to say "cretin" or maybe "pleeb", but I like to think I'm above that.

How come I never find wings with no body attached? Just kind of flapping in space, and not bloody.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #38 on: 06 Jun 2005, 09:16 »

*looks up briefly from playing his PSP*

Huh? Wha?  Oh... Kid Icarus huh?  Yeah... that's real ni....

*drifts back to playing his PSP*

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
The DS won E3
« Reply #39 on: 06 Jun 2005, 17:45 »

If that wasn't so witty, I'd slap you and your mother. Consider yourself lucky.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

ForteBass

The DS won E3
« Reply #40 on: 06 Jun 2005, 23:54 »

What witty? That's the third time he's done it. (Sorry, Sideways, but it is).

And you yunguns got it easy these days. Back in my day we didn't have these PSP and DS gadgets. When I was a lad we had a Texas Instrument, if you were lucky and rich you got an Atari 2600, or a Coleco-Vision. We didn't have none of your comfort controllers neither! Dol gurn kids these days. Go 'way. Grampa needs his medecine.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #41 on: 07 Jun 2005, 07:56 »

Yeah, because I'm trolling... because I'm filled with anger every time I look at my DS...

It doesn't jive with me.  I spent good money on it, and it collects dust.

I know... there are good games for it.  I'm sure I'd love some of them too, but I simply don't have the time.  If I go somewhere, the PSP comes with me.  If I'm home (which is rare) I'm usually too busy to game.

So I come here, and vent my frustrations in such an unhealthy manner.

I just wish it had been a more worthwhile purchase for me.

I also wish it had've approximated current-gen power, rather than being 'slightly-improved 8-year-old technology (Note: this comment was not meant in a trollish manner... I seriously wish Nintendo had actually invested some more time in this thing, rather than rushing out a portable, touch-screen N64).

mosfet

The DS won E3
« Reply #42 on: 07 Jun 2005, 08:13 »

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I'm sorely dissapointed with the lack of good titles out currently.  I am rather happy that it plays all the GBA carts I have, tho, so thats a good thing.

The PSP definately beat the DS in terms of available games, but I won't get rid of the DS mostly for one thing.  Legend of Zelda.  I got my Minish Cap, and hopefully, we'll see some Wind Waker/New Zelda style Zelda games for DS in the next couple years.

If the PSP came out and had the same lack of titles as the DS launch did, the PSP would probably not be doing as well either.  I think the biggest problem was that all the developers wererehashing GBA games onto DS carts, instead of making new games.  

Hopefully soon, I'll start to feel I'm getting my money worth from my DS.
A 3D Legend of Zelda is all'd it'd take.  but that Mario might help.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #43 on: 07 Jun 2005, 09:33 »

I think the biggest problem that the DS had to overcome was it's own instability - resulting from Nintendo's inability to commit.

They kept saying that they would be creating a new, proper successor to the Game Boy, and that the DS was 'something different'.  I don't think that they actually had a good idea of what they wanted the DS to be... but it was accepted, rather widely and rather quickly, so their focus seems to have switched back to the DS for games.

I can't think of any other reason for that insane post-release DS dryspell.  I didn't hop on the bandwagon right away, I waited about two months, and when I did buy my DS, there were maybe 2 games that weren't part of the launch line-up, available to purchase.  Over the course of the next month (nearly two) I saw NOTHING come out.

I finally gave-in and bought Tiger Woods 2K5, just so I'd have SOMETHING other than Mario 64.

Then the PSP came out... and my DS has been dead to me since.

And I'm not turning this into a PSP v. DS war.  Frankly, I only wanted one portable, and I'd made up my mind to get a DS... but I became so nervous with the lack of direction, and the - seemingly - lack of a proper future on the little dual-screen, than I went out and got a PSP on launch-day.

I don't regret it.  I think the PSP is a better system for my tastes.  I already own 9 games for it, and there are a good 3 or 4 coming out in the next two months alone that I really want to get.

It's a better fit for me.

mosfet

The DS won E3
« Reply #44 on: 07 Jun 2005, 09:51 »

yeah,  Your situation is pretty much the situation for a lot of guys, and the main outcome of bad market deployment for the DS.  Not just Nintendo, but Nintendo + all the developers.

I'd personally have a PSP and DS, if I wasn't so poor.  Currently my PSP fund went to getting a PowerMac, and upgrading it.

Tartar Martyr

The DS won E3
« Reply #45 on: 07 Jun 2005, 12:12 »

Sideways:  Why did you buy a DS?  Buying at launch and being disappointed by some of the better games being pushed back I could understand.  But waiting a couple of months, knowing what was available (and would be in the near future), buying one and then coming on the internet to whine about it confuses me a great deal.

I bought my DS when Warioware came out, picked up Minish Cap at the same time.  I never bought an SP so it was nice play GBA games on a lit screen.  The lack of games doesn't bug me because I don't use the DS to play "on the go" (I don't use anything for that purpose), so I can just fire up my PC if I want to play something.  The way I look at it, it lets me save money.  

Once it goes online though, I think it will more than make up for all of this dead time (although I hear the Kirby game that comes out next week is supposed to be awesome, and I have been playing the new Fire Emblem game on it, so it isn't really that dead).  Mariokart online may be the coolest thing ever, followed closely by handheld Black & White.

mosfet

The DS won E3
« Reply #46 on: 07 Jun 2005, 12:32 »

oh wow!  I forgot one of the biggest reasons I bought a DS! (besides that my SP was broke)  

Animal Crossing DS! :)

Once more games of that quality start coming out, the DS will definately regain some glory in my eyes.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The DS won E3
« Reply #47 on: 07 Jun 2005, 12:36 »

That's actually something I had heard.  Alot of games that most people are anticipating are actually done and would be ready to ship, except work is being done on the online aspects of these games.

Honestly, I'm hesitant to get the PSP yet.  I want to eventually.  The first couple of PS2 had horrible lifespans.  That coupled with the price of $250 for a new PSP not in some sort of bundle is what makes me really hesitant.  I've already accidently dropped my DS, which I bought used, in a mud puddle and it still works.

Sideways

The DS won E3
« Reply #48 on: 07 Jun 2005, 12:51 »

Quote from: Tartar Martyr
Sideways:  Why did you buy a DS?  Buying at launch and being disappointed by some of the better games being pushed back I could understand.  But waiting a couple of months, knowing what was available (and would be in the near future), buying one and then coming on the internet to whine about it confuses me a great deal.

I bought my DS when Warioware came out, picked up Minish Cap at the same time.  I never bought an SP so it was nice play GBA games on a lit screen.  The lack of games doesn't bug me because I don't use the DS to play "on the go" (I don't use anything for that purpose), so I can just fire up my PC if I want to play something.  The way I look at it, it lets me save money.  

Once it goes online though, I think it will more than make up for all of this dead time (although I hear the Kirby game that comes out next week is supposed to be awesome, and I have been playing the new Fire Emblem game on it, so it isn't really that dead).  Mariokart online may be the coolest thing ever, followed closely by handheld Black & White.

I bought two months after launch, and the news on upcoming games was scant at best... by the time Nintendo settled into a proper marketing strategy for the DS I already had a bad taste in my mouth, and was worried that this was going to be another virtual boy.  PSP was around the corner, so I hopped on that bandwagon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up