- 1 (10%)
rocking, quite hard
- 0 (0%)
i'm an idiot and hate music
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 02 Jun 2005, 07:33

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bonnaroo  (Read 6513 times)

heretic

Bonnaroo
« on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:33 »

ok bonnaroo is going to be possibly the greatest time of all times. thoughts?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bonnaroo
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:40 »

I'd love to go to Bonnaroo but I can't take the time to drive out to fucking Tennessee. Who holds a concert in fucking Tennessee anyways? Also, the ticket prices are like, 160 bucks. Ack.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Bonnaroo
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:43 »

Bonnaroo's a festival I take it? Who's playing? I am far too lazy for google.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bonnaroo
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:48 »

The artists I wouldn't mind seeing at Bonnaroo, just because you're a lazy bastard.

Trey Anastasio
Allman Brothers
Gov't Mule
Galactic
Keller Williams
Umphrey's McGee
Iron and Wine
Gabby La La featuring Les Claypool

And a whole lot of othe bands that I either don't listen to or don't like.
www.bonnaroo.com for the full list though. I would go see Les Claypool and Trey on the Zooma Tour but that was cancelled. >_<
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Bonnaroo
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:50 »

I have not heard, or heard of, a good 95% of those bands. And of those I have heard, I am indifferent to or dislike.

Although Les Claypool is pretty funky.

I dunno, I'd go if it was Primus.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

heretic

Bonnaroo
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2005, 12:30 »

bonnaroo is an amazing  festival. tickets are like 150-170 depending on when you buy, but that is for 3 days (noon-4am shows) parking, and a campsite. it's basically a little city. last year there were 90,000 people there, and they don't advertise at all in convetional means, it's almost entirely word of mouth.

they also have comedy tents and other shit for people to do when they aren't groovin.
i can't wait to drive the 12 hours to get there

Willis

Bonnaroo
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2005, 05:20 »

Good points Heretic.

Another reason to go is to spend a weekend with hippies.  No joke.  Hippies are so laid back and relaxed, its great!  You don't have to worry about some meathead trying to kick your ass because you accidently did something to him.  No, hippies are definitely alright in my book.

Also any illegal substance is more the readily available and not enforced at all.  If you're into that thing.

~~Willis

heretic

Bonnaroo
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2005, 05:49 »

yes, yes i am into that sort of thing, there will be much acid. mmmm acid.

finally someone who agrees that hippies rock. i've been the defender of our long haired friends for too long

-sam

Bonnaroo
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jun 2005, 16:21 »

I went to last year's 'roo and while there are indeed a fuckton of good bands playing this year I decided to take a pass.  I thought it was just way too big and crowded.  What is essentially a small city cannot be serviced by a single two-lane road.  Plus the late night sets were better last year, Primus, Praxus, Umphrey's, etc...

Quote from: Willis
Also any illegal substance is more the readily available and not enforced at all. If you're into that thing.

Considering that three people died last year due to overuse I think the police are going to be out in more force this year.

-sam

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bonnaroo
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jun 2005, 20:29 »

I missed last years too, which is really annoying for me. I mean, from what I remember, it had Bob Dylan. Bob FUCKING Dylan. and Primus and Praxis. I'm assuming it's the Praxis with Buckethead, but what do I know?

Also, it still has Umphrey's McGee this year, so I don't know why you lsited it. And Galactic! woo!

-sam

Bonnaroo
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jun 2005, 10:58 »

I was talking about the late night sets specifically.  This year Umphrey's is playing a short set in the afternoon.  Last year they played from midnight-thirty to about four am, with no setbreak.

Dylan's set last year was good, but David Byrne >*

-sam

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bonnaroo
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jun 2005, 13:30 »

David Byrne was there too? FUCK. I missed David fucking Byrne. I think I'm going to kill myself. Or Build a time machine.

Willis

Bonnaroo
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jun 2005, 15:59 »

Yeah David Byrne was pretty great last year.  He was someone I really enjoyed.  
Also, you know who really blew me away?  Steve Winwood.  From what I recall, he was a replacement act.  His set was the perfect time too.  It was early evening, between the bouts of rain, and he really put on a good show.

~~Willisl

Merkava

Bonnaroo
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2005, 16:35 »

Quote from: Kai
David Byrne was there too? FUCK. I missed David fucking Byrne. I think I'm going to kill myself. Or Build a time machine.

Or just, like, listen to the Talking Heads, just cause. ;P

-sam

Bonnaroo
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2005, 16:39 »

Quote from: Kai

Or find yourself a copy of one of the three recordings of the show that are floating around on the Internet -- including one by yours truly.

Quote from: Willis
Also, you know who really blew me away? Steve Winwood. From what I recall, he was a replacement act.

Willie Nelson had to back out due to Carpel Tunnel or something similiar.  I was debating sitting through the Winwood set, that or checking out Jem's set at roughly the same time.  However, I saw those big storm clouds rolling in and I boogied the hell out of there.  Went back to my motel room, ordered a bunch of food and chilled for the evening.

-sam

godbowstomath

Bonnaroo
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jun 2005, 17:15 »

I'm an idiot and I hate music.

Bonnaroo sucks.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bonnaroo
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jun 2005, 18:50 »

NUH UH U SUCK ROFLZ

Mind explaining a little bit? Just for curiosity's sake?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Bonnaroo
« Reply #17 on: 05 Jun 2005, 22:31 »

Not his thing?

I said, I don't find much attraction in it m'self. No matter how good the atmosphere: I would never go to a festival just for the atmosphere.

sp2

Bonnaroo
« Reply #18 on: 06 Jun 2005, 00:46 »

Fuck Bonnaroo.  Mainly because they cancelled the Zooma tour and I was hoping to see the Black Keys and now that ain't happening.

Fuck that shit.

-sam

Bonnaroo
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jun 2005, 05:01 »

They cancelled Zooma because Trey can no longer pack the large ampitheaters.

-sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up