THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 11 Jun 2024, 03:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weezer - Make Believe  (Read 5040 times)

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
Weezer - Make Believe
« on: 03 Jun 2005, 11:41 »

Apologies if is a duplicate.

But I purchased the album today. Boy am I disappointed. Well, I don't really know if I was expecting to be blown away, they've been going downhill for a long time. In my opinion. I would like, however, to know other people's opinions on it before spouting my own twenty-six pence, because I am like that. And I am interested. What do you think of the Geeks' New'un?
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

Tartar Martyr

Weezer - Make Believe
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2005, 11:47 »

I keep thinking about buying it, then I listen to samples of it on amazon or hear that dreadful single somewhere and wonder what happened to the boys that put together Blue and Pinkerton.  From the handful of pieces of the album I have heard, it doesn't just sound like average Weezer music, like Green.  It sounds like they have developed a new (for them), completely shitty sound.

I still have hope because I haven't heard the whole thing, but that hope fades faster and faster every time I hear their single (honestly one of the worst songs that is played on the popular alt-rock station that is played at my place of work).

Shaft

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Bass Cleft
Weezer - Make Believe
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2005, 14:31 »

No need to be nasty, I apologized. Meanie.
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Weezer - Make Believe
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2005, 15:14 »

So much anger.
So much hate, i actually liked the new album.

Mnementh

Weezer - Make Believe
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2005, 17:23 »

James says this shit so much better than I ever will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up