THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 May 2024, 19:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-order Final Fantasy XII! DO IT NOW!!!  (Read 9280 times)

Simulacra

Pre-order Final Fantasy XII! DO IT NOW!!!
« on: 04 Sep 2005, 22:30 »

So I'm bumming around the local Gamestop killing some time before work the other day and I get to chatting with the guys at the counter about the 2 new systems.  After a bit, I decide to pick their brains about the release date for FFXII.  They were saying fall of nest year and then ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO PRE-ORDER THE DAMN THING!  a year in advance.  so, you guys excited about this one? couldn't care less? have already hired out assassins for whoever came up with the idea for the E3 Final Fantasy 7 tease?

Tedd

« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 08:31 »

Final Fantasy 6, it stops there.

ASturge

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2005, 10:47 »

^

SECONDED'D WITH A BAG OF CRISPS

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2005, 10:54 »

Pre-orderering is such fucking bullshit.  The geniuses behind that concept deserve a swift kick in the nuts.  I order new games online (sometimes from eb or gamestop's website, mind you) and only go to game stores to pick through their used game racks.

Merkava

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2005, 11:16 »

There's no need to pre-order. SquareEnix isn't dumb enough to NOT ship a bitchload of copies for their flagship series (Square's anyway). Either way, I'm looking forward to Dragon Quest VIII, Shadow Hearts III, and Grandia III a whole lot more.

Oh, and FFVI sucks.

ASturge

« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2005, 11:26 »

no YOU suck.

Merkava

« Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2005, 12:10 »

So anyway, I'm so glad that this one is being directed by those responsible for Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. This means that the game should be dark. Me loves dark. Hopefully, the plot is up to par with the director's previous works.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2005, 12:37 »

First, I woul trample a hundred babies for FFXII. Secondly, I had no idea of a Grendia III, I should beat II now!
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2005, 17:01 »

there already was a grandia 3, it was called grandia Xtreme. i watched the opening scene, after i heard mark hammels whiney voice and knew i would have to put up with it the whole time i returned it.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2005, 17:04 »

They are coming out with a REAL (emphasis on real) Grandia 3 soon

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2005, 17:32 »

Garndia 2 is so damn hard.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Condition Oakland

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2005, 06:42 »

Quote from: Merkava
So anyway, I'm so glad that this one is being directed by those responsible for Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. This means that the game should be dark. Me loves dark. Hopefully, the plot is up to par with the director's previous works.

That gives me a little more hope. I've been iffy about FF games ever since the jump to Squenix.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2005, 08:10 »

Quote from: Tedd
Final Fantasy 7, it stops there.

Corrected.

The plot and characterisation of FF7 make me atrociously wet. I pray beyond all hope for a ps2/ps3 remake of that game. The combination of graphics, story and gameplay (Materia system, bitches) would render all other 3D RPG's essentially obsolete.

And how come Square never made any other Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) or decent Chrono Trigger games? Idiots. Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger are at the pinnacle of true 2d Gaming as a whole. Timeless fucking classics, I can't believe they haven't been updated beyond that Chrono Trigger version with Akira Toriyama cut-scenes.

On which note a Chrono-trigger anime would be insanely rule.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Super Dave

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2005, 00:51 »

I am not looking forward to FF7, even though i like the series overall.

Also, they will probably never make another Chrono trigger (other than Chrono Cross) because it simply cannot match or outdo the original.

dinosrawr

« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2005, 02:02 »

hahah

;\

dinosrawr

« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2005, 03:07 »

Quote from: KharBevNor

Corrected.

The plot and characterisation of FF7 make me atrociously wet. I pray beyond all hope for a ps2/ps3 remake of that game. The combination of graphics, story and gameplay (Materia system, bitches) would render all other 3D RPG's essentially obsolete.

that tech demo they had for ps3 at e3 was pretty awesome! i thought they were remaking it at first.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2005, 07:36 »

I just looked at the character on that box;

BUY A FUCKING SHIRT, ASSHOLE.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #17 on: 11 Sep 2005, 09:35 »

I know, the guys in the FF series keep getting more and more effeminate. I'm secretly hoping that FFXIII will have someone manly like Solid Snake...
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

dinosrawr

« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2005, 11:23 »

the final fantasy male character went from surly and obtuse (7, 8, i started at 7 so ;\) to all of a sudden optimistic and sensative! (9, 10). i dunno what's up with that.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2005, 12:20 »

It's because then Angst was in style and now being one of those cunts who wears girly clothes (and are guys) are in style.

Also: Japan is weird.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

dinosrawr

« Reply #20 on: 11 Sep 2005, 22:33 »

i need me some angst!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #21 on: 11 Sep 2005, 23:56 »

I've got barrels of the stuff in the back room - stocked up big right in the early '90s and then when grunge hit the wall damned if I wasn't stuck with the stuff.  Whaddya want?  I've got "Peer-pressure" angst, "Sudden appearance of an unusual rash" angst, "Trying to balance the books" angst, "Pending exam failure" angst - or there's the more general, broad-spectrum stuff: "Where is my life going?" angst, "Nobody loves me" angst . . . etc.  Special deal, this month only: buy one jar of Camus-style  existentialist angst, get a free sample of "King Lear" angst.  That one's a doozy!

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2005, 08:44 »

Is there any way a possible trade for "Candide" for anything?

Eldirial

« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2005, 09:58 »

After Advent Children... it just make me want a new Final Fantasy even more.  Hopefully Squenix will take the hint from people worshipping the tech demo and work on a remake.

dinosrawr

« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2005, 14:38 »

Quote from: Inlander
I've got barrels of the stuff in the back room - stocked up big right in the early '90s and then when grunge hit the wall damned if I wasn't stuck with the stuff.  Whaddya want?  I've got "Peer-pressure" angst, "Sudden appearance of an unusual rash" angst, "Trying to balance the books" angst, "Pending exam failure" angst - or there's the more general, broad-spectrum stuff: "Where is my life going?" angst, "Nobody loves me" angst . . . etc.  Special deal, this month only: buy one jar of Camus-style  existentialist angst, get a free sample of "King Lear" angst.  That one's a doozy!

i'll take two of the "where is my life going", two of the "nobody loves me", please. also can you blend them in together nicely?

do you have any "i'm gaining too much weight" angst or "my hair is stupid" angst?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2005, 19:11 »

Earthbound.

GOOD GAME, GUYS, TIME TO GO HOME.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #26 on: 13 Sep 2005, 10:04 »

Nice try, Giygas, but you wont win that easily!

Im a whore for FF7, and 6 also had much sock rocking, but 9 and 10 made me want to die.

Dear Square-Enix Folk
If the next Final Fantasy Game is bad, im coming for your organs!
Much Love.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Merkava

« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2005, 13:56 »

Quote from: KharBevNor

Corrected.

And how come Square never made any other Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) or decent Chrono Trigger games? Idiots. Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger are at the pinnacle of true 2d Gaming as a whole. Timeless fucking classics, I can't believe they haven't been updated beyond that Chrono Trigger version with Akira Toriyama cut-scenes.

On which note a Chrono-trigger anime would be insanely rule.

YOU SPEAKETH THE WORD OF GOD.

Or, rather, if God happens to be an alien creature from 30,000 lightyears away like in Shadow Hearts, then you speak the word of...the devil? O_O

But besides that, you win. I agree with everything you said and I'm happy that someone else knows about Seiken Densetsu 3. It makes my heart smile.

lingy

« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2005, 22:45 »

[im back and alliive!]

I played 10-2 back in November...i dunno, it seems its getting easier and easier...I played through 10-2 like 30 times and im still not done with FF1 O.o

When I saw advent children, actually when my friend Ellen found out, she literally tackled me and stole my laptop to watch it -.-;;

Its absolutely beautiful [really hot guys >.>] but...I have to say...it sucked...

dracotuni

« Reply #29 on: 27 Sep 2005, 19:39 »

Im a whore for FF7, and 6 also had much sock rocking, but 9 and 10 made me want to die.

what was so wrong about 9? i loved it.

and i can't wait 'till FFXII. a remake of FFVII would be nice (proposed by KharBevNor)
Pages: [1]   Go Up