THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 14 May 2024, 01:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring Your Creativity  (Read 16382 times)

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #50 on: 14 Aug 2005, 17:10 »

I liked the book plenty. Man.

sp2

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #51 on: 14 Aug 2005, 17:22 »

Niven and Pournelle both write dull prose.  Put them together and their prose is even duller.  Good plot, for sure.  But the prose sucks.

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #52 on: 14 Aug 2005, 20:48 »

Ok, but they wrote "Legacy of  Heorot" and in my opinion that's a kickass book all around.

Back to music, Take Two Aspirations And Call Me In The Morning is yet again, melancholycore, but The Antagonizers put a twist on it: Every song is a terribly deppressing song set over incredibly happy music.

Band: The Day The Pokemon Learned To Dance

Merkava

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #53 on: 14 Aug 2005, 21:22 »

Adam Sandler's cult following band

FUCK YOU PIKACHU LOLZ!

Band: The Premium Chicken Sandwhiches

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #54 on: 15 Aug 2005, 07:15 »

after a recent study discovered that eating Fried Chicken caused cancer and herpes at the same time, KFC and Popeyes go backrupt. Colonel Sanders and Popeye then team up to reclaim their fortunes by rocking out.

SONG: Joda Tu Yoda
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Merkava

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #55 on: 15 Aug 2005, 08:43 »

Yoda does Yoga WHILE PERFORMING YO LA TENGO COVERS!!!

Song: Pennywhisles and Moonpies

heretic

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #56 on: 15 Aug 2005, 09:23 »

the band is the lovechild of deerhoof and Megadeth . they sing mostly about bubblegum subjects like, well, pennywhistles and moonpies, but in a really terrible Hair Metal style, having taken Megadeth's ironic appeal (what else do they have?) and Deerhoof's massive irony tunnel and smashed them together in a writhing ball of irony so dense, not even sarcasm can escape.

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #57 on: 17 Aug 2005, 19:42 »

Because the silly heretic man didn't post a band/song:

Band: The Best Possible Situation At The Worst Possible Time

rawrXskittles

• Curry sauce
  • OH JEEZ OH DANG OH JEEZ
Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #58 on: 17 Aug 2005, 23:16 »

An indiemo band from the town of Humptulip, this band thrives on ironic, snarky and extremely depressing lyrics and concepts. Their debut album, "Flowers Are Just Pretty Weeds", topped charts in the first week. It was released!

Song: "Do Not Walk Behind Me, For I May Not Lead; Do Not Walk In Front Of Me For I May Not Follow; Do Not Walk Beside Me, Just Leave Me The Hell Alone"
Believe not in you who believes in you, but me who believes in you!

heretic

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #59 on: 18 Aug 2005, 06:12 »

by Hades Heart; thrash-core, lots of trebely distortion and screaming, along with very dramatic spoken word verses about pain, anguish, and Greek mythology

Band: Foetal Impact

kikanjuuneko

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #60 on: 18 Aug 2005, 07:07 »

A death metal band whose entire stage show consists of gigantic TV screens showing crash test foetuses and tossing fake foetuses made of candy into the audience.

Band: Sigmund Freud and the Repressions

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #61 on: 18 Aug 2005, 10:54 »

A Dust Brothers project that involves remixing noises made by lions and things said by those two marvelous lion taming... things. Also includes lots of re-dubbed horn lines and chainsaw noises, because that's just what the Dust Brothers do...

Band: Frank Furt And The Phenomenal Fornicating Phoenix

sp2

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #62 on: 18 Aug 2005, 11:05 »

Cabaret-rock.  Basically, these guys watch waaaaaay too much Rocky Horror.  Half their songs are covers from the soundtrack, even.

Although, their cover of time warp was pretty damned half-decent.

Band: Stop, Yield, No Outlet

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #63 on: 21 Aug 2005, 00:25 »

Spaz/math-rockers from southern Nevada. Their live show involves them performing behind a bunch of that police "CAUTION" tape, then driving a stolen Nevada Highway Patrol bike through it and out the venue doors at the end.

Song: "Clarence, We Hardly Knew Ye"
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Luke

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #64 on: 21 Aug 2005, 00:32 »

Heavy metal. The last word is "ye," because when performed, the word is "you" but the singer vomits in the middle of the word, diminishing it to "ye"

Band: We Can't Sing But You Have A Small Penis

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #65 on: 21 Aug 2005, 00:42 »

Phallic-core. What else?

Band: Phobos Diptrickle Bumrush

FuneralCateringService

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #66 on: 21 Aug 2005, 00:59 »

"mathcore"

Band: Cornelius is Dead

sp2

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #67 on: 21 Aug 2005, 10:42 »

80's electro-pop rock revival.  Like, we're talking about the BAD 80s pop rock.  The REALLY bad 80s pop rock you see on soundtracks to bad 80s movies where the girls wear spandex, snap bracelets, and have bad perms.

Song: Dead Hobo in a Bottle

Johnny C

• Mentat
Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #68 on: 21 Aug 2005, 11:16 »

The band, Three Boxcar Heartache, is emotional hobocore. Nothing more needs to be said.

Band: Word Herd

sp2

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #69 on: 21 Aug 2005, 11:40 »

Word Herd is Beatpunk.  Instead of reciting beat poetry to jazz and/or drums, they recite it over spastic punk/post-punk riffs.  Comparisons to various post-punk or post-hardcore acts abounds, but the closest is probably Alan Ginsberg fronting Les Savy Fav.

Band: Male Hors d'Oeuvre Bride

Decima

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #70 on: 21 Aug 2005, 11:48 »

Swedish comunistic pop-punk band. Two gitarrists, one drummer and one singer (who sounds JUST like the guy in Placebo). They use poetic metafroes to critisize capitalism. They are all under 21.

Depth of Drumms

La Creme

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #71 on: 21 Aug 2005, 12:02 »

"Depth Of Drumms" is a song by a man called The Hamat'ka Swaami Ishama (he's white, but he sure as hell won't just admit it). It's, as you'd expect, just a bunch of hand drums and him chanting "HARI KRISHNA" and whatnot over it.

Fucking New-age religion.

Song: Our Land Is Crimson, Our Moon Shines Like Iron

sp2

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #72 on: 21 Aug 2005, 13:39 »

The Slitwrists are known for their particular brand of emogressive rock.  They are a response to the claim that most prog rock isn't about anything but is instead soulless and mechanical.  The Slitwrists, with songs such as "our land is crimson, our moon shines like iron," "these shackles leave razorblade scars" and "postponed funeral" have gone to the other extreme, and have infused their progressive rock with the extreme angst that pours from their souls like the blood pours from their veins.  Unfortunately, they found that they really have no fanbase, as there isn't anyone who likes both tedious progressive rock and whiney emo.

Song: Styrofoam and cardboard

Johnny C

• Mentat
Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #73 on: 21 Aug 2005, 14:55 »

Quote from: sp2
Unfortunately, they found that they really have no fanbase, as there isn't anyone who likes both tedious progressive rock and whiney emo.

SOMEONE hasn't seen Coheed & Cambria's sales figures.

"Styrofoam and Cardboard" is, of course, by freak-folk act Twine Diddlers. It's stream-of-consciousness poetry from the perspective of a landfill. The whole thing's about the decay of the modern city, set against a backdrop of dulcimer and gently strummed acoustic guitar.

Song: "Above, Below, Between"

Oldschoolstylee

Bring Your Creativity
« Reply #74 on: 21 Aug 2005, 15:04 »

Quartet from new york consisting of two girls on acoustic guitars, a blind guy on drums and a keyboard player.

Play extremely morose post-rock that they think is ironic but everyone else thinks revolves around cliches and name dropping.

Likely to fall apart after the third album "robots deep" due to solo careers. In marketing.

Band; Here you go
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up