THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 08 Jun 2024, 14:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concerts that you missed/weren't around to see...  (Read 7439 times)

La Creme

OH MY GOOOOOOOOODDDDD!

La Creme

Concerts that you missed/weren't around to see...
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2005, 20:01 »

Ummm... and other concerts that have been missed that you really regret. No need to mention the first Woodstock.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2005, 20:08 »

I have the Primus bootleg for that show! (I would love to get the Mr. Bungle and Melvins one; it's apparently the infamous pissing-in-a-shoe-and-drinking-it show that Mike Patton will never live down). But yeah, it's a great show bootleg; too bad I was like, 4 when it happened.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2005, 21:24 »

I used to be a huge Cradle of Filth fan, and still quite like all but the last two releases, in almost reverse order. I've seen Cradle live, playing a crud set and supported by a meh hardcore band. This has driven home to me how much they now suck, as many of their past tours were, in my opinion, orgasmworthy. On the tour their live album comes from for example, not only did they finish their set with a full live version of 'Queen of Winter, Throned', but they bought along the Circus of Horrors to perform whilst they played and they were supported by RETURN TO THE SABBAT. O.M.G. Not to mention the 1999 tour supported by Inkubus Sukkubus, or the 1995 tour where they supported At The Gates on a small-venue tour of the UK  promoting the Terminal Spirit Disease. AAAGH. Speaking of Return to the Sabbat, I feel obliged to mention Return to the Sabbat supported by Bal-Sagoth and Mithras, not to mention every Skyclad concert ever, singling out their performance at the Dynamo festival in 1995. A lot of my favourite bands do sparse tours or are split up though remember. I could go on. Just for ones I've heard albums or bootlegs of: Current 93 supported by Death in June and Sol Invictus, the Mayhem concerts that became 'Dawn of the Black Hearts' and 'Live in Liepzig', Darkthrone's only ever concert, etc. etc. etc.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Everest

« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2005, 07:00 »

I didn't go see The Weakerthans the one time they were around, and I'm still regretting that...

Merkava

« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2005, 07:05 »

I missed Teenage Fanclub and Dinosaur Jr. because of camp. -__-;

Everest

« Reply #6 on: 04 Sep 2005, 07:35 »

I technically had the chance to see Nirvana when they were on the verge of making it big in Europe. But I was like 9 or something, and I didn't even listen to music yet. What a pity.

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #7 on: 04 Sep 2005, 08:05 »

I wish I could have gone to Woodstock 94, or one of the Lollapaloozas from back in the early/mid 90's
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #8 on: 04 Sep 2005, 08:11 »

Live Aid (either one), Queen, Guns n' Roses... currently I'm hoping blink-182 do a tour to promote their greatest hits album because it looks like they've pretty much split up, so I'd like to be able to have seen them.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #9 on: 04 Sep 2005, 10:32 »

Uhh... I missed a bunch I don't care to mention now (yea we've listened to some bad music when we was younger, whatever.) but most recently, I missed the Nekromantix concert. Boy, that's a fun band.
also israel

Highlander

« Reply #10 on: 04 Sep 2005, 10:54 »

I didn't listen to Muse until a month after they came to Iceland. I have never forgiven myself that.

La Creme

« Reply #11 on: 04 Sep 2005, 11:11 »

Fucking GWAR, Murphy's Law, AND the Misfits. I see this poster around every once in a while and I always get real sad. Darg.

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #12 on: 04 Sep 2005, 11:54 »

My then girlfriend (now wife) and I had tickets to see Portishead in Toronto on their last tour of North America (what was that, like, eight years ago?) and we ended up not being able to go at the last minute.  Who knows if they're ever going to get their act together and do a proper album/tour again?

That's pretty much my only regret.  Oh, and missing Lush when they opened at Lollapalooza 92.  We arrived just as their set ended.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #13 on: 04 Sep 2005, 12:35 »

Too many concerts to count.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

soak

I love her but...
« Reply #14 on: 04 Sep 2005, 16:48 »

My girlfreind has this habit of not liking bands until after they have toured and since I have a weirdo loner anxiety thing I have missed -

Sigur Ros
Dogs Die in Hot Cars
Mercury Rev

to name a few.

Lickily she is very attractive and funny and she eventually relents to my overwhelming good taste.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #15 on: 04 Sep 2005, 18:24 »

Oh, I know. The Valfar farewell Windir concert with Finntroll and Enslaved. I knew about it several weeks in advance, but it was in fucking norway. I grew very sad when I knew I'd never be able to see Windir in concert, and the night of the concert I got very drunk and sat alone.

I also gave a blot for Valfar, in reverence of fallen warriors.
also israel

practicality

« Reply #16 on: 04 Sep 2005, 20:16 »

I've missed all the concerts.

Signum_Tenebrae

« Reply #17 on: 04 Sep 2005, 21:41 »

Averse Sefira, Watain, Secrets of the Moon..

Europe gets all the good BM shows.

:(

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #18 on: 05 Sep 2005, 05:00 »

I think Manitoba came through Perth with Four Tet, about a month before I got into that kind of stuff.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Yasser

« Reply #19 on: 05 Sep 2005, 07:08 »

i wish i saw Glassjaw while Daryl wasn't as ill as he seems to be these days

El Opium

« Reply #20 on: 05 Sep 2005, 09:54 »

I heard that Low and the Jesus Lizard played in this tiny coffee house in my town at different times. I also really should have gone to see Lightning Bolt the one time they played in Iowa.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #21 on: 05 Sep 2005, 10:04 »

i missed olli schulz und der hund marie yesterday,.. i thought it was on september 14 :(

My Aim Is True

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.ospreyradio.com
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2005, 08:30 »

I feel like I missed Fugazi, even though I did see them. I was a young dumb punk rocker who just went because I knew the guy from Minor Threat was in the band, hadn't really heard them beforehand, and I thought they were kinda boring.

A few years later, and they became one of my favorites.
Broken hearts are for assholes. Are you an asshole?

-sam

« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2005, 19:52 »

Waaaay back in 1995 sometime Dave Matthews Band played the State Theater in Kalamzaoo, MI.  Kzoo is only 40 minutes from where I grew up and it's a nifty old theater that's very intimate.  The thought of DMB playing a gig that close to home and I missed out makes me vaguely heartsick.  Of course at the time I don't think I knew who DMB was, but still...short but tight set.  Ah well, and that doesn't even begin to take into consideration the two shows they played at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor the year before...ah to have a time machine.  DMB @ the Pig would've been hot.

-sam

LikeThePhoenix

« Reply #24 on: 13 Sep 2005, 13:21 »

I'd have skinned Jesus alive to get to see Hellfest last summer. I had the money for the tickets but the 'rents wouldn't provide the transportation(I was 17).

In retrospect, though, you know what the worst part was? When they told me, "Maybe next year."

</overwhelming rage>

Kid Modernist

« Reply #25 on: 13 Sep 2005, 13:30 »

* The Cure, London at Wembly Stadium in 90 would have been sooooo kick ass. (3 hours, including all of Disintegration)
* Any Talking Heads show back in the day.
* Fucking Beatles, or George Harrison, or John Lennon.
* The Jesus and Mary Chain when they were first starting just for an experience  (They usually played for only 15 minutes and sometime just feedbacked the whole show. It would probably have been a bad concert, but I still want to go.)
* Elliott Smith.
* Lightning Bolt when they were at that Warehouse.
* Sonic Youth, Daydream Nation era.
Pages: [1]   Go Up