THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 May 2024, 02:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HL1 Gornak's Lair  (Read 5108 times)

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
HL1 Gornak's Lair
« on: 01 Sep 2005, 22:02 »

I figure someone's gotta have remembered this game...

I picked up my old copy of Half Life and decided to replay it for the hell of it. Now I'm stuck at that huge momma headcrab's lair, and I can't seem to coax her down to where I'm supposed to kill her and open a portal. She won't move from the ramp above the mesh. What should I do?
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Tedd

HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2005, 22:57 »

Have you tried an FAQ? :P Just kidding, I felt like throwing my worthless sense in.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2005, 05:07 »

Just keep shooting it till it smashes through. Then you'll drop down to the lowest level, put a huge mound of those bombs that you can trigger there and then trigger them when she drops.

To get her to smash through the webbing you just have to do enough damage.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

5thWheel

HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2005, 07:15 »

(FAQ, altho I used rockets & stuff rather than the hornet gun)
As well as all of the above, it might be worth restarting the Gonarch's Lair level (I think it autosaves at the start of each level).  I seem to remember my brother ended up sliding into this big pit but Gonarch wouldn't follow & we had to restart the level.

Sythe

• ><DICK>
HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2005, 13:28 »

Rizz, Alrighty, will do.
5th, Yeah, thats where I am. Restart? Okay.
Tedd, Your sense is worthless, you scurvy cur!

Alright, I'll do all of that and hopefully the bastard will die.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2005, 17:09 »

Quote from: 5thWheel
(FAQ, altho I used rockets & stuff rather than the hornet gun)
As well as all of the above, it might be worth restarting the Gonarch's Lair level (I think it autosaves at the start of each level).  I seem to remember my brother ended up sliding into this big pit but Gonarch wouldn't follow & we had to restart the level.

I believe that's meant to happen... She's standing on a platform above you right? You just got to keep shooting and eventually she'll drop down.

I could never beat the flying baby... As far as I know, that's the last boss so I don't think I missed anything terribly important.
Well, back to HL2 for me.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Tedd

HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2005, 18:32 »

I'm worthless!

Sythe

• ><DICK>
HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2005, 21:59 »

Quote from: Rizzo

I believe that's meant to happen... She's standing on a platform above you right? You just got to keep shooting and eventually she'll drop down.

No, my problem was that she wouldn't go down the chute that leads to the platform. I restarted the level and it works fine now.

CidHighwind

HL1 Gornak's Lair
« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2005, 09:23 »

Just keep hitting it with whatever hard-hitting weapon you have left, it will drop down.  Careful with satchel and nades, they are excellent for taking down baby headcrabs all at once, but it is easy to blow yourself up if you arent paying attention.

Save your Crossbow and Magnum .357 rounds for the next few levels.  They are the most bizzare (and IMO, most awesome) levels to the game, but there are a LOT of floating Xen Masters.  You need an accurate weapon with a lot of dropping power to rely on taking them down fast, hence the bow+magnum.

On another note, I used to be god with the magnum, especially in multiplayer mods using the original game, such as SvenCoop, or Deathmatch.  However Natural Selection>All.  Like it matters now, though :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up