THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 01 Jun 2024, 03:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 791673 times)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #2400 on: 30 Apr 2009, 04:43 »

Where I come from, girls that did that were the girls labelled as sluts. I think the two are independent of each other, but I was never quite sure. Also, it was only ever girls and gay dudes that did it.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2401 on: 30 Apr 2009, 04:55 »

I think I'm appreciating the magic that tan tattoo in the picture took.  I mean, the cutouts on the robe don't match the look at all.  Really look at it.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2402 on: 30 Apr 2009, 05:52 »

My guess if it's photoshopped on because nobody tans that evenly, especially in a shirt that will move around and not produce such distinct lines. It is an neat idea though, and you would probably be best off doing it with some sort of sticky opaque sheet rather than fabric.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2403 on: 30 Apr 2009, 06:39 »

The two do not match up exactly, but look a little closer and you will see that the thing is just flipped upside-down. Larger picture here, easy to see.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #2404 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:14 »

Where I come from, girls that did that were the girls labelled as sluts. I think the two are independent of each other, but I was never quite sure. Also, it was only ever girls and gay dudes that did it.

I second the sluts thing.  Back in high school, all the girls that went fake tanning often put a sticker of a heart either near their waist or their cleavage, so after the tan they had a heart.  Either a heart or the playboy bunny.  Personally, i think its kind of stupid.  It reminds me a little of branding, though.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2405 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:24 »

good time
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2406 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:30 »

I'm sure there's a branding culture out there somewhere. I'm not going to Google for it, though.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

ackblom12

« Reply #2407 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:35 »

I've seen a pretty good number of brands. I like the idea but I prefer the precision of scarification via scalpeling.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2408 on: 30 Apr 2009, 12:28 »

I've seen these large scale tanning tattoo things before, it really does work super well. if you look at the cloth it's pretty likely that it's in a different spot/did not curve to her body because she is standing up where as if she as in a tanning bed it would conform more to her body.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2409 on: 30 Apr 2009, 15:06 »

I'm pretty dead-set on getting a little nose stud before college but my mom is convinced that I will never get a job. opinions/advice? is there a way I can convince her otherwise? will I actually have trouble getting a job? (there are not a lot to go around these days.) I can get it without her permission but I don't really want to make her mad.
radical dame

ackblom12

« Reply #2410 on: 30 Apr 2009, 15:23 »

It's pretty unlikely to affect job oppurtunities in the US at least. It's become common enough with classy enough jewelry that it's not even questioned anymore. You might show her jewelry options out there, how subtle they can really be, talk with her about whether or not this is a new "thing" for you or if this is really all the work you plan on.

If you can't convince her and you think she's going to have a serious problem with it you might wanna consider putting it off. If she's gonna throw a bit of a fit over it but you are pretty certain nothing major will come of it, go for it, just depends on how much you're going to be willing to put up with backlash.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #2411 on: 30 Apr 2009, 16:00 »

ally if shes gonna get pissed just wait till your off at school or something. really i can't see how a nose stud is gonna prevent you from job opportunities. also, i find that is a pretty shit reason not to do something, though that is just me and most of you probably disagree.

anyway body mod thread i think i am going to start stretching my lobes after i graduate (one month). what would be a good gauge to pierce at, since i'm going in with the intention to stretch?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

ackblom12

« Reply #2412 on: 30 Apr 2009, 16:10 »

What is your goal size?

If you're planning on going beyond g sizes, then I'd reccomend starting with 4g - 6g with some glass plugs. It's the high end of what you can be pierced at and will save you a good amount of time and money. It's really not any more complicated than starting any smaller.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2413 on: 30 Apr 2009, 16:19 »

she's just really traditional - tattoos, piercings other than lobes have always freaked her out. I'm also really close to her so I'd feel bad doing something that upset her. we'll see.
radical dame

sean

• welp
« Reply #2414 on: 30 Apr 2009, 16:25 »

Oh you can get pierced that high? cool i did not know that.

but right now my goal is either gonna be just 2g or 0g. nothing to high right now. i'll probably hang around that for a while and then see if i wanna go higher.

ackblom12

« Reply #2415 on: 30 Apr 2009, 17:00 »

Yeah, I'm pretty certain 4g is the highest you'll find anyone willing to pierce, and even then they're going to use a 6g - 8g needle and just use tapers to stretch it to 4 and insert the jewelry.

But yes, much much cheaper if you already know you're planning on going larger.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2416 on: 30 Apr 2009, 18:14 »

The piercer I went to was only comfortable with going up to an 8g with a needle, so I'm sure it helps to talk to your piercer about that, too. I wasn't really sure about the size, but I knew I wanted glass, due to allergy reasons.\

I'm guessing this is normal, but my ears itch sometimes. Don't worry?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #2417 on: 30 Apr 2009, 20:02 »

Yup, perfectly normal. Just keep up with your soaks and rinsing the salt off and that should start easing up within a short while.

ackblom12

« Reply #2418 on: 03 May 2009, 09:24 »

I finally went through and made an official inquiry with my piercer to get in cantact with someone about doing a suspension. It will probably be several months from now, but I'm incredibly excited.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2419 on: 03 May 2009, 11:28 »

Jeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalooooooooooousssssssssssss
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #2420 on: 03 May 2009, 11:37 »

I have no idea what I'm expecting to get out of this, but I really am ridiculously excited.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2421 on: 03 May 2009, 12:29 »

I would really like to do a suspension some day.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #2422 on: 03 May 2009, 19:50 »

I think piercing acceptance varies by where you live and where you want to work.  I had to wear a clear retainer in my nose for a job once.  It sucked, because acrylic is such a fucking awful material to wear and it felt like it was sticking to me.  I was too nervous to wear thin gauge glass.  I had very little customer interaction, so it was pretty pointless.  That was a few years ago though.  Maybe they've loosened up.  I really wish people would get over minor facial piercings, but then again, I wish people would get over a lot of things.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2423 on: 03 May 2009, 22:37 »

Okay despite the fact that I think most piercings and tattoos and even a good amount of the scarification I've seen out there are the bees knees I still don't see why anyone would want to be suspended by a bunch of giant steel hooks ripped through huge chunks of their flesh. It just sounds downright bloody and painful compared to most other things and I'm pretty sure it was a torture technique at some point in some part of the world.

Why do you want to do it Steve?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2424 on: 03 May 2009, 23:23 »

Supposedly it feels like you're weightless or flying. It sounds interesting but yeah, I don't think I'd really like to do it, if only because it'd leave holes in me that would hurt for ages afterwards.

Guys I kind of want to get a tattoo of a little bird on the inside of my ankle but I am so paranoid, because, you know, forever. How do I know I am ready for one?

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2425 on: 03 May 2009, 23:28 »

Yeah I'm not convinced of the weightless or flying part, I mean, I'm a heavy guy, and I don't care how evenly distributed my weight is, gravity, sharp hooks, skin tearing. That's gonna hurt, unless the endorphins kick in, and then there are a helluva lot of easier ways to get high.

Seriously I plan on going paragliding, parachuting, bungee jumping in the future, no need for the blood and the hooks.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2426 on: 03 May 2009, 23:32 »

I never really understood the appeal of getting piercings for anything but aesthetics, really.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

ackblom12

« Reply #2427 on: 03 May 2009, 23:49 »

Phil, give me a day or two to seriously try and put what I'm thinking into words. It's fairly important to myself that I explain it properly and it's not something I've ever bothered to even try to explain in any more words than "I like it" and I'm not exactly the best at putting this type of things into words in the first place.

Lunchy, honestly, you'll be ready when you can sit down and have it down. It sounds silly, but the fear of getting it done and being stuck with it really is the only barrier left it sounds like.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #2428 on: 04 May 2009, 00:04 »

Guys I kind of want to get a tattoo of a little bird on the inside of my ankle but I am so paranoid, because, you know, forever. How do I know I am ready for one?

Serious answer:  If you're worried about it, don't get one.

I have been tattooed for...(quick count of fingers and toes, and back to fingers again) almost 24 years.   I have amazing, custom work from unbelievably talented artists, I have some straight up, off-the-wall flash that struck my fancy at the time. I also have total crap from when I was teaching myself to tattoo.     None of which bothers me.   In fact, most of the time, I don't even think about the fact that I'm tattooed.

Seriously.

As a former tattoo artist, and having been getting inked by the same guy for most of my big pieces for twenty years, I can tell you without a doubt that I am not the only personality type out there.   I've seen people totally lose it over what they perceive to be anything less than "perfect."  My main artist and I have had long conversations about how some people really take that "It's on my body forever" thing very seriously, where some people will cover themselves with total chicken scratch just to be tattooed.    Naturally, everybody falls  somewhere on that spectrum, leaning one way or the other.

To me, the tattoo is less about the image itself, and more about me being able to remember what was going on at the point in time that I got it.  I honest-to-god have no problems having a shitty outline in the middle of my thigh for the last fifteen years that peeks out every time I wear shorts.   It's not a shitty outline to me, it's "That's the second tattoo I ever did with my first set of tattoo machines, and when I realized it wasn't going so well, I stopped and said I would finish it later."   It just so happens that later hasn't come yet.   :lol:

If you're sweating the "it's forever" thing, wait.   Make sure you're totally happy with it.  Make sure that the design means something to you and you're happy with the placement.   Most importantly, find an artist with a similar attitude to you.   

You don't want a guy like me doing your work because I frankly don't have the patience for it.  Because I don't think it's a big deal to get a tattoo, I get frustrated with customers making a production about 'it's forever'.  On the other hand, there are guys out there who are that way themselves and totally get it.  They'll spend the time with you making sure you're comfortable with everything and you'll have a much more positive experience.  Because nothing is worse than getting the tattoo and it being a negative experience.   I have a large, very well done piece by a famous artist:

I really don't like it.

Why?  Because the guy was an asshole to me.   I've talked with other people who have some ink from him, and they said he's very cool.  Maybe he just had a bad day when I had my appointment.  Maybe our personalities just clashed.  I don't know, but I thought the guy was a jerk and it's one of the only tattoos I have that I'm not completely content with.

On the other hand, I have a tattoo from a party where a drunken friend who had never even held a tattoo machine wanted to try it out, so I let her give me one (a little one to be sure) that I love, because it's all about the experience to me, not the image or the forever part.

Cliff's Notes:  If you're worried about it, my advice is to wait and look around for an artist who makes you comfortable.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2429 on: 04 May 2009, 00:05 »

Ally dear, do it.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2430 on: 04 May 2009, 00:13 »

Thanks for that post! I fall under the 'needs to be exactly as planned' category, but I understand where people like you are coming from a lot better now.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2431 on: 04 May 2009, 00:44 »

Yeah that is what I am kind of terrified of, what if it is on me and it is not exactly exactly one hundred percent perfect looking, I will hate it and that is no good. Also I do not really care about tattoos for meaning, just something that looks pretty. The best tattoo I have ever seen was a wispy sleeve of leaves and daisies on a lady (it is on BME somewhere) and it was just the most perfect thing and I want it so badly but it feels kinda lousy to copy someone else like that.

ackblom12

« Reply #2432 on: 07 May 2009, 05:24 »

Okay despite the fact that I think most piercings and tattoos and even a good amount of the scarification I've seen out there are the bees knees I still don't see why anyone would want to be suspended by a bunch of giant steel hooks ripped through huge chunks of their flesh. It just sounds downright bloody and painful compared to most other things and I'm pretty sure it was a torture technique at some point in some part of the world.

Why do you want to do it Steve?

Sorry it took so long! I kind of forgot and spent the last 6 hours seriously typing things up before discarding all of it and deciding to chop it the fuck up because I realize I had reached near 2 pages in Word.

The gist of what I ended up getting down was that I don't really know. I'm a rather logically minded person and it bothers the ever loving shit out of me that that is the best I can answer with. I've been fascinated with suspension for several years and I've never been able to answer that question for myself. Same with piercings where the extent of my explanation for my love of the art is "I like it".

I find suspension aesthetically pleasing in an artistic sense. You see moments of tranquility in what is generally considered  rather painful practice and it's absolutely fascinating but I'm not sure that's what makes me actually want to do it. It doesn't seem to be something that would make me want to do it. I mean, it's possible that it might be the community aspect of the ritual, it could be just be that I want to have experienced as much of the body modification/ritual world as I can or it could just be that I have a secret self destructive desire that makes me absolutely giddy at the thought of hanging by hooks. Hell, it's even possible that I'm hoping to experience a semi spiritual episode. It seems unlikely since I'm a pretty happy Atheist and that sounds rather bunk to me, but who the hell knows.

Part of the catch with this though is that there is no real logical reason for me not to do this procedure either. Pain is not a serious issue. The pain will suck and will be rather uncomfortable but the fact is it'll be temporary and in multiple cases in my life (Tongue Split and tattoo being two of them) has been well worth the effort of putting up with it. I just finally came to the realization the other day that this didn't need to make logical sense to me right now. I can do it and figure out what it means for me after the fact. It's the only way I'm going to resolve the issue in my mind.

Also, just as a note, I do believe suspension has been used as a torture practice at one or two points in history, but it's also been used in Rites of Passage rituals in multiple cultures, such as a Native American (the specific tribes alludes me right now) ritual called "O-Keep-A" and a Hindu ritual that escapes my mind at the moment as well as a couple of others that escape me right now. It's 8:30 and I haven't slept yet. Do apologize if this didn't make a lot of sense.

Hell, who knows, maybe I see this as a Rite of passage of my own.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 16:44 by ackblom12 »

sean

• welp
« Reply #2433 on: 07 May 2009, 18:10 »

God after watching the last king of scotland i couldn't even think about doing suspension. i even have trouble looking at suspension photos. i mean if you wanna do it, by all means go for it. blehhhh i am just too squeemish for it i guess.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2434 on: 07 May 2009, 18:31 »

A four point lotus looks soooo cooool
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

ackblom12

« Reply #2435 on: 08 May 2009, 14:00 »

Need to decide between 2 different groups now. "Rites of Passage" based out of NYC or "I Was Cured" based out of Toronto.

I've heard nothing but good experiences about both groups and I just need some pinions to sway me to one side or the other. GO!

Edit: Keeping in mind that as long as they don't mind, i got an open invitation to the forums for the actual suspension.

ackblom12

« Reply #2436 on: 08 May 2009, 19:26 »

Actually, how many of you folks are going to Chicago that would also like to see a suspension? Cause that might be a possibility.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2437 on: 09 May 2009, 06:02 »

I don't know much about suspension, but is this the kind where you're having rings put in your skin on various parts and semi-permanent? (I know the body starts to reject these after a while and pushes them out.) Or is this just a one time thing?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #2438 on: 09 May 2009, 06:22 »

No no, suspension is a one time thing. Hooks are pierced in your skin, you hang and they are removed and you heal up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ackblom12/larkin-wet-plate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ackblom12/Taylor20ModBlog.jpg

One of my personal favortie pictures of suspension:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ackblom12/m83xlfwq.jpg

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2439 on: 09 May 2009, 06:32 »

I really want to get tattoo but thing is that im kinda shallow guy so i dont have any deepper meanings,

this one idea keeps popping to my head that i get little heart tattooed to my left asscheek.

i might be shallow guy but im shallow guy with great ass.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2009, 06:38 by Dollface »
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #2440 on: 09 May 2009, 09:12 »

Wow, I didn't think you could do a single hook. Skin is hardier than I thought.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2441 on: 09 May 2009, 11:34 »

I don't necessarily want to see a suspension but I think that if I make my way to chicago I want to get a tattoo while I'm there.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2442 on: 09 May 2009, 11:49 »

Need to decide between 2 different groups now. "Rites of Passage" based out of NYC or "I Was Cured" based out of Toronto.

I've heard nothing but good experiences about both groups and I just need some pinions to sway me to one side or the other. GO!

Edit: Keeping in mind that as long as they don't mind, i got an open invitation to the forums for the actual suspension.

If you're thinking about one of these two places, I would definitely go with the group in new york, even though it's a bit more of a drive, seeing that your health insurance, if you have it, should cover you better in country/state god forbid that something could go wrong, and even though Canada has great healthcare, things can get difficult if you're not in your home country.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

ackblom12

« Reply #2443 on: 09 May 2009, 13:15 »

It does very likely have a few good shops for it!

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #2444 on: 09 May 2009, 15:49 »

Wait, when are you planning on doing this? I would love to see a suspension, even if it meant travelling from the UK to NY. It's also a goal of mine to get tattoos in as many foreign places I can, so I'd waaay be up for some kinda' crazy silly trip to America just for this purpose.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #2445 on: 09 May 2009, 16:39 »

Yeah, that would be the more logical way of doing things, I suppose.

But we are talking about watching someone hang from hooks pierced into their skin...

Who needs logic?

Besides, the next year or so is my gap year. I plan on travelling like crazy.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2446 on: 09 May 2009, 20:47 »

Jens. Shhhhh. Let the boy travel to America if he wants to.

Stephen was talking about doing a suspension in Chicago during Chicagocon. Check out the thread and then decide to join us, it is going to be FUNNNN and we need more English types.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

öde

« Reply #2447 on: 09 May 2009, 20:51 »

Jens. Shhhhh. Let the boy travel to America if he wants to.

Just so you can claim another?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2448 on: 09 May 2009, 20:54 »

My travel agent is working on my quotes now!  Apparently there are a few specials on at the moment so I may get a rad deal!  Everything is almost in readiness.

(PS Danosaur when I am in England at the end we are going to spend a few days in London with Gemm!  Yes that means you too)
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2449 on: 10 May 2009, 10:32 »

Maybe, Dan. Maybe.

Also, Jodie, would you be cool pushing your arrival back a couple days so I can sneak in one more weekend of work? I know the original plan was to fly into Fargo on Friday but with my current funding situation it would be advantageous if I could work Friday-Sunday for some extra hours. If you flew in on Monday we could roll on out of Fargo on Tuesday afternoon,  have time to hit the giant mall in Minneapolis, stay overnight, and still make it to Camp Edith by Wednesday night. Sound good?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97   Go Up