THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 01 Jun 2024, 04:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends  (Read 5589 times)

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
« on: 05 Nov 2005, 15:50 »

Yes I'm a fan.  Yes I know that technically it's a kids show (although with Grey DeLisle doing the voice of Frankie and all of the adult references I think they realize there's a market for older folks too).  I'm interested in opinions on the show, but more than that, there's something that's been bothering me since yesterday.

They introduced this character named "Eurotrish" who kept singing this song about how happy she was to be going home, and by the tune of it I could tell it was clearly based on a song I recognized...I want to say something by the Pogues, but I just can't remember.  Anyone have any ideas?

Crosseyedstranger

« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2005, 23:19 »

I have heard great things about this show. However, I have never seen it. If you could pitch it to me, it'd be supar kewl!

visceralviscous

• Emoticontraindication
    • lastfm!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2005, 07:40 »

i really, really enjoy the animation stylings of that show. ^_^

Tactical Error

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2005, 03:51 »

I'm glad to find I'm not the only one here who appreciates this show. The visual style, simple and colorful while remaining modern, I absolutely love. It has one of the most original concepts I've seen for a children's show in goodness knows how long; furthermore, it contains adult oriented humor. It's a show I wouldn't mind, hell I'd even encourage my kids to watch if I had any.

As far as the song goes, sorry, I can't help you JLM.
Quote from: camelpimp
Funny how recognizing the problem doesn't really help one on the road to solving it.
http://tacticalerror.deviantart.com/

Tom Brazelton

« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2005, 09:51 »

I watch this show whenever it's on. Bloo's design is so simple yet so effective. It's as if they're able to wring more emotion out of that character than any other on the show. I am constantly studying his expressions and mouth movements as something I could steal for my site and character designs...

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2005, 17:47 »

YES, YES, FUCK YES. Foster's Home is the best show that cartoon network has made ever. I definitely watch this whenever I have a chance to do so.

Before I changed my avatar, I looked for one with Eduardo in it. Alas, I found nothing.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:01 »

will this do?

and to stay on topic I like Foster's as well, it is one of the few cartoons I still watch on cartoon network

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:09 »

I thank you muchly!
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Tinjessla

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2005, 04:18 »

Fosters is amazing and proves that good things can be done with Flash, animation wise. Thanks to that show, me and my brother seem to say everythings "suspiscccciiiooooous!" in a high pitched voice, 99.9% of the time.

Plus i think the title sequence is one of the best i've ever seen. It just captures the whole childlike essence of the show perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up