THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 10 Jun 2024, 04:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Painting*again*  (Read 24641 times)

RollOfDimes

New Painting*again*
« on: 07 Dec 2005, 17:18 »

Alrighty, my first assignment in painting class was to choose a painting, blow up a copy, stetch in charcoal, and repaint it. I'd say it turned out nicely...

Stifled Dreams

New Painting*again*
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2005, 18:36 »

Woah, turned out really nice! I love it! Oil paints? And what is the original painting, I don't recognize it.

Lovely use of color, I'd say.

RollOfDimes

New Painting*again*
« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2005, 13:08 »

Thank you much! Acrylics, actually... the painting is called Gathering, but I could't find it online. It was in a magazine or something.

Stifled Dreams

New Painting*again*
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2005, 14:38 »

Wow, acrylics? See how much I can't tell the difference? It is all just blended very nicely. Did it take a long time?

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
New Painting*again*
« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2005, 15:01 »

Hey, looks really good! The figure is especially good -- confident brush work and good colours. The background looks a little, i don't know, washed out? Did you use some kind of white glaze over the background?

Who is the original by? I would like to see it to compare.

Bunnyman

New Painting*again*
« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2005, 19:05 »

The composition and lighting are quite impressive.  The image just jives nicely, y'know?  Looks somewhere between impressionism and Georgia O'Keefe, which isn't at all a bad thing.

RollOfDimes

New Painting*again*
« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2005, 15:41 »

Thanks! Aye, I could be happier with the background, but ah well, first major painting. I'm quite fond of the coloring of the flowers and dress.

Actually, I have no idea who it's by. I tryed looking it up multiple times, but couldn't find a match. :-/

Up next: My sister and I (after Xmas--it's a gift for my mom and I don't want to risk her finding it on my backup) and Johnny Depp shrine! Eff yesh!

RollOfDimes

New Painting*again*
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jan 2006, 12:09 »

My sister and I!

Pages: [1]   Go Up