THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 13 May 2024, 22:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shrek 3  (Read 5128 times)

Narr

Shrek 3
« on: 18 May 2007, 17:48 »

I give it a "go see it if you liked the first two" out of 10.  I laughed quite a few times through the movie.  The music choices were excellent, as well.

I thought it was pretty funny.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
Re: Shrek 3
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2007, 08:32 »

i've been hearing lots of good things about it.  i liked the first 2 a lot, so i'll probably see it when there's not so much of a line... i don't like being squished in the theater.  >.<
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2007, 09:32 »

It was pretty good, but I don't think it held up well compared to the first two. They set the bar pretty high, and this one didn't quite clear it. Plenty of funny, but the whole thing with Artie felt a little empty since we don't know a lot about him, and thus don't have much reason to care about him, no matter how important we're told he is. The subplot with Prince Charming was weird. He's a struggling dinner theater wannabee, because he never got his Happily Ever After? He seems really committed to the craft, though, which is admirable.  Too bad he completely and totally sucks at it.

It also felt like they tried to cram a lot into it, to give the audiences "more", but it didn't always work, given the relatively straightforward storyline.

Not bad, but still the weakest of the three.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Johnny Evilguy

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2007, 10:05 »

Going to go see it this weekend...

I want to see Snow White and her killer birds to the tune of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2007, 20:01 »

kind of funny, caught more of the jokes this time, but overall I thought it was not all that good.  Only laughed a few times, most of the jokes just made me groan.  I hope to god that they do not make a fourth one

oh, even worse then the movie, a trailer for the upcoming Bratz movie.  I cried and started having violent shakes when it came on.

Like Narr said, see it if you liked the first two, but don't expect much from it

Narr

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2007, 02:05 »

Bratz movie?  We got no such trailer here, sir.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2007, 09:59 »

I want to see Snow White and her killer birds to the tune of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"

That part was pretty cool. Snow White using her "super powers".
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2007, 05:15 »

YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

Beautiful Maladies

• Plantmonster
  • what is this I dont even
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2007, 22:57 »

There were a few points at which I laughed, but I think I was mostly laughing alone. Not to give anything away, but the only scene with John Cleese's character of the Frog King I enjoyed more than the rest of the film.

Honestly, there just wasnt as strong of an "epic fairy tale" feel to it as there was to the previous two, especially the first one. If it was a storybook, I wouldnt read it to my kids.

It was just more of the same. It was like an expansion pack to the previous films.

But it was good for a few laughs.
"Jim, I want to tell you the good news about Hagar the Horrible"-JJGo

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2007, 23:45 »

Bratz movie?  We got no such trailer here, sir.

give thanks for this, for you are truly lucky.  I nearly vomited upon seeing this mockery of moving pictures

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #10 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:56 »

Bratz movie? WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT?I haven't seen Shrek 2 yet, I'm a little weary of it as it really doesn't look that great. But my girlfriend insists I see Shrek 3 with her so I guess I'll have to watch number 2. I don't like not seeing all the installments of a series.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2007, 11:45 »

The mention of the Bratz movie reminds me of all the Barbie movies.

Little girls need better role models then skinny white chicks who have talking animals.

Shrek 3 wasn't too bad. After seeing the first two it was pretty much what I was expecting from a third one.
I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!

Lazer

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • PIZZA TIME
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2007, 16:45 »

I heard it was "ogre rated."

philosopherqueen

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2007, 17:19 »

AAAAHHH!!! BAD PUN ALERT!! BAD PUN ALERT!!
*runs away screaming*

:-P
Pages: [1]   Go Up