THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 01 Jun 2024, 16:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Long Has Dora Been Pregnant?  (Read 37092 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Re: How Long Has Dora Been Pregnant?
« Reply #50 on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:53 »

.... go on
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #51 on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:53 »

terrible pagebreak is terrible
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #52 on: 27 Mar 2010, 14:10 »

You really don't want to know. :|

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #53 on: 27 Mar 2010, 15:19 »

I think we all do.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #54 on: 27 Mar 2010, 16:50 »

You're right, we don't want to know, we have know now.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #55 on: 27 Mar 2010, 18:17 »

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #56 on: 28 Mar 2010, 00:05 »

Okay fine. But remember, you asked for it. :-P

The story goes Tim was sending pictures of his junk to a then-16 year old girl. (He would have been at least 20 at the time.) He started getting creepy and wanted to make plans to fly out to California to met her, at which point she broke it off with him. Time passed, and someone found out about it and brought up on his forums. Like any reasonable adult with a questionable claim against him, Tim threw a tantrum and banned everyone who posted in any thread mentioning it. (Even his white knight supporters felt the cold wrath of the banhammer.) Admins un-banned accounts as fast as he could ban them, and the entire general discussion forum was loaded with questions regarding the incident and disturbing image spam. Eventually, he managed to ban about a quarter of his forum users, closed the forums for a week, deleted the entire "Rantings of Madmen" forum, and obliterated any notion of him being a mature individual.

There are quite a few other stories about Tim which get the same reaction out of him. For example, the time he tried to steal $23 worth of meat and seasoning from the Stop & Shop in Warwick RI in 2001. Or the story about how he assaulted a former housemate for asking him to take out the trash in the middle of a 6 hour Soul Caliber binge. Of course we can't forget about how he hides in the back of his booth (at the few conventions he's still allowed to attend) until the line gets "long enough", and only signs things you buy right then and there. This isn't even getting into the actual comic, but we're getting really off-topic as it is.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2010, 00:08 by bicostp »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #57 on: 28 Mar 2010, 00:48 »

This thread topic was really lame anyway.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #58 on: 28 Mar 2010, 06:01 »

You're forgetting - the cherry on top is that he had the miscarriage arc.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Thorbard

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #59 on: 28 Mar 2010, 08:42 »

Okay fine. But remember, you asked for it. :-P

The story goes Tim was sending pictures of his junk to a then-16 year old girl. (He would have been at least 20 at the time.) He started getting creepy and wanted to make plans to fly out to California to met her, at which point she broke it off with him. Time passed, and someone found out about it and brought up on his forums. Like any reasonable adult with a questionable claim against him, Tim threw a tantrum and banned everyone who posted in any thread mentioning it. (Even his white knight supporters felt the cold wrath of the banhammer.) Admins un-banned accounts as fast as he could ban them, and the entire general discussion forum was loaded with questions regarding the incident and disturbing image spam. Eventually, he managed to ban about a quarter of his forum users, closed the forums for a week, deleted the entire "Rantings of Madmen" forum, and obliterated any notion of him being a mature individual.

There are quite a few other stories about Tim which get the same reaction out of him. For example, the time he tried to steal $23 worth of meat and seasoning from the Stop & Shop in Warwick RI in 2001. Or the story about how he assaulted a former housemate for asking him to take out the trash in the middle of a 6 hour Soul Caliber binge. Of course we can't forget about how he hides in the back of his booth (at the few conventions he's still allowed to attend) until the line gets "long enough", and only signs things you buy right then and there. This isn't even getting into the actual comic, but we're getting really off-topic as it is.

How much is this actually happened, and how much of it just internet myth and legend? I get that the guy is unpopular and probably completely nuts, but the 'tried to steal meat' thing just sounds like something someone made up.

As for only signing things you buy then and there, that just sounds like good business to me.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #60 on: 28 Mar 2010, 09:27 »

Ah yes, the miscarriage arc. It was just his idealized view of the actual miscarriage he and an ex-girlfriend went through in a past relationship. In his mind, it must have been the perfect excuse to get out of a relationship that bored him. Clearly, the miscarriage was much harder on the woman than the man.

How much is this actually happened, and how much of it just internet myth and legend?

There's concrete evidence of his shoplifting; it was reported in the West Warwick Beacon a few days after it happened. The whole "pictures to a 16 year old" mess is more based on anecdotal evidence, but his attempt to cover it up and silence any talk about it doesn't really help disprove it. (There is substantial evidence regarding the "ban everybody and delete the forum" debacle. Some screenshots are very NSFW, proceed with caution.) His vandalizing Wikipedia as Thrindel is pretty obvious; that account watched the CAD article like a hawk and "fixed" any changes he wouldn't approve of very quickly. (I've heard stories of people who added criticism to the CAD Wikipedia page having their IPs banned from the forums, but those aren't verifiable unless you've got access to their ban list.) There are a few different stories about him hiding in the back of his booth letting the line back up, so it's likely to be true. The "take out the trash" story is probably the least verifiable, since only a couple people were there and one of them won't talk about it.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #61 on: 28 Mar 2010, 09:35 »

And I personally was there for the "ban everyone and delete the forum" debacle.

I made it through the first round of bans, but when my account was seen posting on the new RoM, I got banned, IIRC.

The reasonable, adult way to take care of such a situation: Ban the user that actually posted that, delete it, and move on with life. If people keep pestering you, deny it.

The childish way to take care of a situation that confirms everyone's fears: Pull a Buckley.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #62 on: 28 Mar 2010, 15:20 »

RE: the official topic:
Dora cannot possibly be pregnant ans she was once, and (short of technology we haven't see yet) must still be, a man.

Please note that Raven made no attempt to deny this claim, nor did she seem confused by it, therefore she must have been around for the whole thing. What has in fact been going on is that Dora (née Donald) has been quietly saving up for a new hormone regimen and the effects have just recently started to kick in.

Indeed, if one is careful, you can distort this semi-baseless factoid so that it seems either consequential or precedent of nearly any particular of the strip you like. Such as Dora being bisexual. Or Faye not totally freaking out at the idea of being in bed with 'her' and so on...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

carvin

• Not quite a lurker
    • BESM Wikia
« Reply #63 on: 30 Mar 2010, 21:32 »

People always mention the miscarriage, but they never mention the fat-suit girl. I find that far more offensive. The miscarriage thing, he's just stupid and doesn't realize that he can't do a serious issue in a zany comedy (if it can be called a 'comedy'). It was tactless and irreverent, but it didn't show acceptance for disgusting behaviour like fat-suit girl did.

If you don't know it, let me sum the story up. I don't remember any names, but it's not that important. So the fat guy gets somehow set up on a blind date... I think it was the sentient x-box thing that did it.  He immediately realizes that he didn't like her because she is a fatty (just like him, of course. For the record, I use such a distasteful term to put it in character perspective; I'd never refer to someone as such). He tries to lie to get out of said date. Then he goes on the date, barely holding in his dinner, even though he'd find her interesting if she was so uggo. He takes her home, but is desperately trying to leave. He's been a total hypocrite and a genuinely shitty person. Then SURPRISE! She's not a fatty, she's a hotty! She was lying about her weight, without concern for the concept of starting things off by deception or his feelings. So of course the fat guy wants her now. So what is the reward for a guy that is a completely worthless pile of shit? He gets a hot girl who wants him of course! She's 'sooo impressed' that he was nice (though he wasn't).

What lesson did we learn today? If you judge a person by looks, especially in a way you fail at, you will get into a relationship with someone that you are attracted to!

Why am I the only person to remember this?

carvin

• Not quite a lurker
    • BESM Wikia
« Reply #64 on: 30 Mar 2010, 21:55 »

Also, Dora can't be pregnant, she's been replaced by a mechanical version.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1466

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #65 on: 31 Mar 2010, 05:44 »

Maybe you're the only person here still reading it! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #66 on: 31 Mar 2010, 06:48 »

This. (and I feel sorry for you, carvin.)
Just another Joe like 46

Kross

• Plantmonster
    • I Can Haz Posse?
« Reply #67 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:40 »

I vaguely remember the whole bannaggeddon at CAD, I think that was the reason I created an account on the forums after it ended. Yeah, Tim hasn't endeared himself to many people, especially other webcomic peeps. I think he's managed to piss off Scott Kurtz and the PA guys. According to their Wiki article, the guys from Blind Ferret (Least I Could Do) claim they lost a lot of money when they agreed to do  CAD: The Animated Series. There was another incident where Tim decided to quit WoW and instead of handing the CAD guild over to someone in it, he instead disbanded it and I believe deleted the forum he had created for it.

And yet, I still read CAD. I think its just a force of habit, since its one of the few video game webcomics I still read, I've long since moved on to better stuff like QC, RLC, Dinosaur Comics, etc.
Huntress (talking to The Question on a cellphone): So what are you wearing?
The Question: Blue overcoat. Fedora.
Huntress: You really stink at this.
The Question: ...Orange socks?

carvin

• Not quite a lurker
    • BESM Wikia
« Reply #68 on: 31 Mar 2010, 09:11 »

This. (and I feel sorry for you, carvin.)

Haha, no. I never 'read' it, and certainly don't now. I was linked to the fat suit story from 4chan's /co/ (I don't go to 4chan anymore either... but that's not the point). I feel dirty just giving the creep page hits to have read THAT much less would I follow the hack.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #69 on: 01 Apr 2010, 00:04 »

Well, I also stay away from 4chan.

You don't need to put your hand on a hot stove to know it's going to burn you.
Just another Joe like 46

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #70 on: 01 Apr 2010, 18:39 »

And yet, I still read CAD. I think its just a force of habit, since its one of the few video game webcomics I still read, I've long since moved on to better stuff like QC, RLC, Dinosaur Comics, etc.

Do yourself a favor and read the CAD mock thread on Something Awful instead. (That is once they repoen to the unwashed, unregistered masses like us.) The edits and parodies are a lot more fun than the actual comic! For example:

EDIT: I found that compilation image that explains how horrendous the "Sidekick meets One-Eye" arc was, if you're still looking for it:
http://refried.timtekindustries.com/index.php?comicID=58
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2010, 18:43 by bicostp »

carvin

• Not quite a lurker
    • BESM Wikia
« Reply #71 on: 01 Apr 2010, 21:45 »

Do yourself a favor and read the CAD mock thread on Something Awful instead. (That is once they repoen to the unwashed, unregistered masses like us.) The edits and parodies are a lot more fun than the actual comic! For example:

EDIT: I found that compilation image that explains how horrendous the "Sidekick meets One-Eye" arc was, if you're still looking for it:

I want to give this person a hug. Also, you, for finding it. HUGS.

nichidani

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #72 on: 01 Apr 2010, 21:49 »

i raged.
kittens!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #73 on: 01 Apr 2010, 21:53 »

wow, that was actually pretty good.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #74 on: 01 Jun 2010, 07:46 »

I'm glad I read QC, due to the fact that CAD sucks some major balls.

I mean, its supposed to be zany and funny and weird, but the arcs have been pretty bad. I can still remember the time that Tim didn't contribute to the arc for about 5 weeks, simply putting in shitty filler comics. That gets stale pretty fast.

I like the forums, but the comic pretty much blows. How he has a fanbase I don't really know, but I guess I used to be part of said fanbase...

Plus, everytime somebody brings up an issue of the comic being "not perfect", Tim gets super mad and everyone starts ass-kissing.

See Tim fly off the rails because somebody said he was wrong.

On topic:

Pretty much doubt Dora's pregnant.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #75 on: 01 Jun 2010, 09:58 »

When did she start acting like a mother figure, anyway?

It wasn't part of her characterization in the early strips. There are examples I can think of going back a little ways, but what was the first?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #76 on: 01 Jun 2010, 17:46 »

I would have to believe that as soon as Dora got Marten in her clutches - and Faye didn't object or steal him away from her - she turned into "momma Dora".

Oh, and I think the whole incident with Hannelore and the flu back in 1317 may have triggered it.
Just another Joe like 46

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #77 on: 01 Jun 2010, 20:26 »

Jeph has said before in relation to another character that he'd consider an unplanned pregnancy to be far more soap opera-like than he wants his strip to be.
So you are claiming she planned it?  Presumably to surprise Marten and force him into marriage?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #78 on: 01 Jun 2010, 20:40 »

No.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #79 on: 02 Jun 2010, 05:26 »

Maybe everyone knows, they just haven't ever talked about it on-camera.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #80 on: 07 Jun 2010, 09:08 »

This one is my favorite from that thread:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up