THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 10 Jun 2024, 00:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Layout?  (Read 35587 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Re: New Layout?
« Reply #100 on: 18 Dec 2008, 12:14 »

The bad part is that Jeph doesn't read these forums.

Oh, did he finally take my advice and stop reading them?  Because I know he sure as hell did when I started posting here.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #101 on: 18 Dec 2008, 17:52 »

It's staying that way, anyway.  I don't think Jeph has time to go through the whole forum, but he does go on a few of them (like the ask jeph thread?)

There is no sin except stupidity

plumbob78

• Obscure cultural reference
  • ˇViva la revolución!
« Reply #102 on: 20 Dec 2008, 10:14 »

The bad part is that Jeph doesn't read these forums.

Bloody hell, I know it's mean, but maybe we should spam his inbox with Bicostps design? Since it's better and all that.

NO. Here's a better idea. YOU acknowledge his right to  do WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS with HIS comic and HIS web site. Then, leave him alone. If you people hate the layout so much, read via RSS.

edited to fix grammar fail.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2008, 11:24 by plumbob78 »

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #103 on: 20 Dec 2008, 11:59 »

Hey plumbob, I guarantee you are taking this more seriously than anyone else here, especially Snalin. Please calm down, it's not like Snalin said WHAT THE FUCK JEPH SUCKS HE CAN'T EVEN LAYOUT A WEBSITE
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

plumbob78

• ˇViva la revolución!
« Reply #104 on: 20 Dec 2008, 12:29 »

I apologize for any offense, but I assure you, I am very calm. I liked the old layout better, too. But I don't think anyone's complaints are going to  change anything, so I'm not going to piss and moan about it.

The only thing I take seriously about any of this is my contention that trying to circumvent Jeph's not reading the forums by "spamming" him with complaints/suggestions via e-mail would be incredibly rude and equally as useless as bitching here.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #105 on: 20 Dec 2008, 12:57 »

NO. Here's a better idea. YOU acknowledge his right to  do WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS with HIS comic and HIS web site.

Unless QC is funded by Jeph's wife, it is my understanding that the fans (directly or indirectly) are the ones who are paying for the website and comic to exist, so I think it's valid to voice criticism, especially when the drop in quality is so sudden and so drastic.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

plumbob78

• ˇViva la revolución!
« Reply #106 on: 20 Dec 2008, 13:28 »

Voicing criticism and spamming are two completely different things. Maybe what people meant by "spamming" here is not what I am taking them to mean.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #107 on: 20 Dec 2008, 16:58 »

I agree. It's Jeph's comic after all, and the fans do fund it via merch and stuff but at the end of the day it's not like they're gonna stop reading the comic/ buying the shirts if the new layout is too brown for their taste. Spamming his inbox isn't going to do shit, just piss him off.

Also, regarding the colours the blue reflected Marten's apartment but then he moved away from that, went to a much lighter shade of blue on the walls and now the colour mirrors the coffee house's

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #108 on: 22 Dec 2008, 01:21 »

Small tweak: I changed the color scheme to match the new one and stuck a handwriting font in for the navigation. (This was only done in Photoshop, the actual HTML page still just has Arial navigation.)

Damnit, this is what we need.

dps

« Reply #109 on: 22 Dec 2008, 20:34 »

The forum link is on the side now, I really liked it at the top.

Yeah, I had a heck of a time finding it.  I don't post that often, but I wanted to visit the forum, and I was like, "Uh, where did the forum go?"

Damien

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #110 on: 22 Jan 2009, 07:08 »

*bump*

Hummmmmm.  It's all (mostly) dark now.  Are more changes afoot?  It already looks better than it did.
Quote from: Gryff
There's something about sticking Satan up your ass that seems so unwholesome. I can't quite figure it out.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #111 on: 22 Jan 2009, 09:51 »

I thought this thread died cos everyone was used to the new colour

SexRaptor

« Reply #112 on: 22 Jan 2009, 15:51 »

NO. Here's a better idea. YOU acknowledge his right to  do WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS with HIS comic and HIS web site.

Unless QC is funded by Jeph's wife, it is my understanding that the fans (directly or indirectly) are the ones who are paying for the website and comic to exist, so I think it's valid to voice criticism, especially when the drop in quality is so sudden and so drastic.

I agree with this.

I haven't read the whole thread mind you and i'm sure at this point i'm bordering on EXCESSIVELY redundant, but lord I miss the old design. The new one makes my eyes bleed.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #113 on: 13 Feb 2009, 04:23 »

You should probably see a doctor about that

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #114 on: 15 Feb 2009, 08:06 »

Oh look, it changed again. Nice background color scheme, but what's up with the fluorescent orange and blue? I think they kind of look out of place against the asphalt gray.

@Jeph: I don't know if you're currently working on it or what, but the sidebar is broken in Firefox 2 and IE 6. It shows up where it belongs horizontally, but it only starts at the bottom of the news box. Opera renders it properly.

Disregard that, the page breakage was caused by a userstyle script I had running. :oops:

Layout = yes.
Colors = wut?
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2009, 15:33 by bicostp »

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #115 on: 15 Feb 2009, 08:17 »

Haha, it took me a while to reaslise something had changed. only when I realised the right nav bar was "missing" that it occured to me

Damien

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #116 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:04 »

It looks nicer than before, but the forums link is still tiny and down on the side.  I wonder if that will ever change now?
Quote from: Gryff
There's something about sticking Satan up your ass that seems so unwholesome. I can't quite figure it out.

Shawn

• Plantmonster
  • Simple to the point of complication.
    • Twitter
« Reply #117 on: 15 Feb 2009, 14:00 »

Hated the last cream/maroon one, but I LOVE the new orange/blue/grey one.

:)
Said with a healthy dose of insanity.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #118 on: 15 Feb 2009, 16:15 »

I reckon a cartoon city scape would be good behind the text

slinkyindieninja

• Plantmonster
« Reply #119 on: 15 Feb 2009, 16:54 »

Ugh! I saw the orange and blue and had to check the date because I thought it was April Fools come early.

And then I had to see what other people thought and then I logged in to post because I'm so surprised other people like it.

ransico

« Reply #120 on: 15 Feb 2009, 18:02 »

I know how much effort goes into creating a new layout (being a web dev by trade)... but I had to sign up to the forums to plea for a rethink on the colours; I just don't think they are a good choice. In fact, the new title today (orange and blue) has just made matters worse.

The new layout simply doesn't do the comic the justice it deserves; it cheapens it to something that looks like it came out of a school project  :-(

- Yours ignored,
Lewis

emmaleigh

« Reply #121 on: 15 Feb 2009, 18:19 »

Seriously? I like how the orange and blue looks on the gray. It's much more comic-appropriate than the tan was, anyway. It is annoying how you still have to go to the home page to get to any of the other links, but it's not completely dysfunctional so it doesn't really matter.

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #122 on: 15 Feb 2009, 18:46 »

It's.. Alright.

The orange is ugly, and seriously, everybody has complained about the forum link being where it is. Can we PLEASE have it back on the top?

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #123 on: 15 Feb 2009, 19:04 »

Jeph has expressed his disdain for the state of these forums more than once.  Don't you hide the things you're ashamed of?  If it's so difficult for you to get to the forums, bookmark them.  Problem solved.

Oh, and I like having the newspost on the bottom.  Sometimes it contains spoilers, and you're supposed to read it after the comic anyways.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #124 on: 15 Feb 2009, 20:18 »

I like this green-orange-blue look.  That other layout was a tad dull for my taste.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up