THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Jul 2024, 23:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs To Wear Pants To  (Read 2260 times)

endblink

Songs To Wear Pants To
« on: 13 Mar 2006, 22:00 »

Don't know if this has been posted already, but I thought I'd share:

Songs To Wear Pants To

This guy is AMAZING. The concept: You request a song, he produces it. I've pretty much spent the past three hours reading the requests and listening to the tunes to see what he did with them.

This guy is unbelievably talented and hilarious. I'm totally buying the three volumes he's selling.

A few examples to get you guys started:

(Right click, save as please)
0023 - I Am Bjork
REQUEST:
be bjork

REQUESTED BY:
jen !

0052 - I Am The First Fifty Digits of Pi
REQUEST:
Please compose and record a song extolling the virtues of your Web site in which the lengths of the words can also be used as a mnemonic for at least the first 50 digits of pi. In other words, the first word has three letters, the second word one letter, the third word four letters, and so on.

[For your convenience, STWPT provides the first fifty digits of pi:

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751]

0279 - I've Never Made a Song in Five Four Time That Doesn't Have Percussion <= Personal favourite
REQUEST:
What are some things you've never done? Tell me in a song in 5/4 time that doesn't have percussion.

REQUESTED BY:
Tim Mierzejewski

0273 - Fat Lip
REQUEST:
I know that you don't do songs longer that 1:11, but I was wondering if you could make an exception for me, please? I'd like you to cover the song Fat Lip, from the band called Sum 41. So please, I beg you, could you do it for free? Thank You!

REQUESTED BY:
Francisco

0218 - Muskrat For Lunch
REQUEST:
Please make a rock song about muskrats, and mention how you like to eat them for lunch. Also, it would be better if it was more than 17 seconds long.

REQUESTED BY:
Bob

0190 - Wop Wop Wop Mo Mo Mo Mo <=AWESOME
REQUEST:
[Paid Request]
I would like a birthday song for Chris Varelas of San Antonio, Texas. It would be an uptempo doo-wop song, in the style of #0131 (which was requested by Sarah Efron for me and my sister at Xmas). Chris is a serious vocal group harmony (doo-wop) collector. He used to be a professional DJ on an oldies station in San Antonio. Now he is a technical consultant for radio stations.

he will be around 41 or 42, which is young for a serious doo-wop collector--most of us are 55 to 65 years old. He is married to a lawyer, Sharee, who also loves doo-wop. Twice a year, they set up a table at the Austin Record Convention and sell 45's and CD's.

Chris is a true audio-file, and his so-called "cheap" stereo system in his record-filing room costs about 10 times what my best system cost. He is very good with computers and audio equipment, and works for a company that serves radio stations. He gets sent out to figure out their equipment problems. As I mentioned before, he was a professional DJ, starting in high school, at an Oldies station in San Antonio. When I first met him in 1998 or 1999, he was still an on-the-air professional at a hard rock station in San Antonio. He used to do guest spots with an old friend DJ at his old station, Wild Bill Riley, on "The Low and Slow Cruisin' Show", and he used his old "air name" of Chris Kelly.

REQUESTED BY:
J. Elaine Wade

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Songs To Wear Pants To
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2006, 09:34 »

A thread which actually features illegal downloading. Nice.

I'M BEING SARCASTIC.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

endblink

Songs To Wear Pants To
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2006, 10:42 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid
A thread which actually features illegal downloading. Nice.

I'M BEING SARCASTIC.
ZOMG! BAN ME!

Oh wait. I live in Canada. File sharing is totally legal here. I win again!

So, like 77 views and no one has anything to say? Boo.

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Songs To Wear Pants To
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2006, 11:08 »

I'm lazy now, though later I will check it out and than I'll tell you what I think about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up