THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap fillers?  (Read 2762 times)

jibjib

Cheap fillers?
« on: 18 Mar 2006, 08:31 »

I recently put up some filler art for my latest update, because i accidentally messed up the strip and had to take some time to fix it....should i feel like i'm cheating my readers?  I've heard complaints about stuff like that from other comics, but it's been about 30 pages without any fillers so far.

What is proper update etiquette?  how many full strips are acceptable before copping out with an art page?  i tried to put a good amount of effort and thought into a rather simple piece...what are your guys thoughts on this topic?

Luke

Cheap fillers?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2006, 08:35 »

As you mentioned, it depends on how much quality you put into your fillers.

I miss updates all the time, and the most I've been able to do lately is to put up an apology notice in text.

The author of http://www.egscomics.com">El Goonish Shive often misses updates in the main storyline, but will upload a quick filler that bears often the same humor quality as the rest of his comics. You should aim for a filler that allows you to miss an update without disappointing your readers.

minignome

Cheap fillers?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2006, 08:47 »

The filler that you put up looks good and I don't feel cheated by it.  If you threw up "filler" every now and then between when you've got actual scheduled updates people probably wouldn't mind too much when you put it up in the spot of a comic.  Just my 2 cents.
Pages: [1]   Go Up