THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jenny Lewis at Irving Plaza, NY  (Read 2186 times)

Garcin

Jenny Lewis at Irving Plaza, NY
« on: 19 Mar 2006, 06:46 »

Was anyone else at this concert?  Jenny was in incredible form & watching the Watson Twins play quarters may be one of the best things ever.   And then, about half an hour in, it occurred to me: harmonizing with 6 foot tall twins in peach colored dresses is cool.

SeanBateman

« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2006, 11:34 »

Okay I am IN NYC, but tickets to the show are sold out tonight. But I really really really want to go. Were there scalpers outside while you were there waiting? Is there a chance that I could get in to this show?

I am pretty desperate here.

nescience

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2006, 12:40 »

I refuse to believe that the Watson twins exist.  I think it's trick photography.

sjbrot

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2006, 07:39 »

Even if it isn't a trick, it's still damn creepy.

Being flanked by a pair of identical twins in matching clothes who harmonize on your album is not suitable for Lewis' country/pop style.

Garcin

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2006, 08:08 »

Au contraire mon frere.  I liked the album cover.  Picked up the dark notes evident in the title song.  Alt-country or no, Rabbit Fur Coat was a fairly odd song once I tried to decipher the lyrics.

Also, Chandra & Leigh aren't as creepy in live performance as they are on that cover.  They even do their hair slightly differently.  As if they are, you know, two separate people.  Wasn't much impressed by their solos, though, and haven't heard Southern Manners.  Anyone listen to it?

Finally, SeanBateman, this is coming a little late (sorry I didn't check on this thread for a while), but I got my tix at face off ebay about a week before, and didn't notice any scalpers.

nescience

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2006, 08:10 »

He knows Ninja Gai-Den!!

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2006, 13:19 »

Anyone see her on Letterman a few days ago? I missed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up